Who dares join vvbandit and, I as we risk a 3 day departure pending on Odoms play tonight?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Who dares join vvbandit and, I as we risk a 3 day departure pending on Odoms play tonight?

Here is what is going on!

vvbandit wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
the problem is both Lamars will probably show up. In the first half when theres not as much pressure the sharp as a rock odom will show up and get a few assists and make smiley faces. In the second half ODUMB will show up and piss away all the hard work kobe put into trying to win us the game. I got ten bucks saying if this is a close game ODUMB will pick up a charging call in the final 3 minutes, anybody wanna take me up on that?

How about this. If you're right I'll take a hike for 3 days from the forum. If you're wrong you take a walk for three days.

Anybody else want a piece of this action?
You guys love to talk this stuff now, lets see how serious you are!

Im all over it, I sure hope you dont see me for three days, b/c that will mean LO didnt F up the game when it was close, so heres to not seeing me for three days, and to LO not making jack a#$ plays.

There you go!!!

I would love to excuse about 25 or 30 of you evil posting villains after tonights contest and I kkkkkkkknnnnnnnnnnnooowwwww you want my LO defending ass with the same passion! So wut up!

Put your name down and lets see how good you are at predicting the future!
If you back off you know you're wrong. If you show as much heart about beatin LO up as you do then you have no fear!

Jump on in here!
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Wow Shoes ... you are really willing to take a 3 day leave if Odom screws up? Now THAT is believing in your teammate!

OK ... I'll take a piece of the action. Now ... let's see how many haters will be willing to give up their hate for even 3 days.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

this is turining out to be pretty fun shoes, I gotta give you credit you sure do defend LO, but Ill probably be talking about the game with you in a couple days when you finally come back.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

So just to clarify the rule Shoes

1. Close game

2. LO gets a charging call within the final three minutes

3. Does a turnover on Lo's part count as the same as a charge?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

you see J_L the haters love to exaggerate as if Odom screws up nitely... I know better. So lets see if they really believe there own Bull (bleep) or will they backoff..

This way in the future when they start lying and exaggeratting I can say hush, because you're just talking (bleep) and you don't believe that yourself!
If so they should be willing to stand by all that nonsense.

They know it, you know it and, I especially know it....

Notice that the prosecutors are having none of this don't you?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:

1. Close game

turnovers cover to large of a spectrum. Besides that was'nt what the original agreement was over...
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

1. Close game

turnovers cover to large of a spectrum. Besides that was'nt what the original agreement was over...

a little nervous your boy might turn the ball over, techincally a charge is considered a turnover but if you want to hold it to just a charge thats fine.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is still on the Lakers?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

whoever leaves will surely be missed........not. 8)
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I could agree to making it a bit more broad. I'll go with ...

1. Game is within 5 points either way.

2. Last three minutes ... Odom turns the ball over through some act of his own such as a carry over or a charge or he dribbles the ball off his foot. Steals don't count as it could be just a great play on the part of the other team.

3. I go away for 72 hours.

on the other hand ... same scenario but Odom scores or passes for an assist or grabs a rebound ... anything that positively affects the outcome ... the haters go away.

And to be totally fair. If he does nothing but stand around and watch Kobe. We all return immediately to start ripping into each other's opinions again.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

1. Lamar Makes a nice shot
2. He gets excited
3. He gets called for a foul
4. He smiles still thinking he's clutch
5. Takes the last second shot and misses
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:

2. Last three minutes ... Odom turns the ball over through some act of his own such as a carry over or a charge or he dribbles the ball off his foot. Steals don't count as it could be just a great play on the part of the other team.

on the other hand ... same scenario but Odom scores or passes for an assist or grabs a rebound ... anything that positively affects the outcome ... the haters go away.

And to be totally fair. If he does nothing but stand around and watch Kobe. We all return immediately to start ripping into each other's opinions again.

Sounds good to me, Shoes does this sound like something your interested in. My main point is that LO will F the game up for us if its close, so Ill go with a steal not being LO's fault, but any bonehead play as described by JL counts.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

It's the Sun defense we are talking about.......they have allowed about 108 points a game in the past 7.......Lamar should have a good game on the offensive end,where is the big risk or gamble here?......what constitutes a decent offensive game for lamar?15 and up?.....6 or more assists?

Now what about on "D"? will he help in slowing down the Sun offense?They have scored about 111 points per game in the past 13 games........

Lamar is who he is,a very nice 3rd option,people should not get over "Dramatic" over his play.....At 26 he is still growing himself as a player......I believe Kobe is our 1st and 2nd options......lamar will remain #3......and we can only hope for him to evolve with time into a 18 points a game guy..... as of now I am happy with 15,9 and 6......I would like to see more intensity on the defensive end from him......as well as more consistancy game in and out from kwame,Smush,and Mihm.....Plus keep the pace in our favor,dont get caught up in a Sun run and gun game......

I think Lamar will come up well,I bet on Odom"I hope the team play well,and think they will,play up to there potential and continue to grow........and while this is all happening I hope our 1st and 2nd options "Kobe" comes through with 45 +...because in the end,,,that will be what it takes to get us a "W".....and even that may not be enough.........I sure hope it is....

Last edited by Tarzan008 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Shoes:

Stop playing, we all know it's you; Lamar
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

id do the bet if it was more fair for both sides. any kind of turnover in the last 3 mins. that's more of a fair bet.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Shoes:

Stop playing, we all know it's you; Lamar

Nuh, shoes is not lamar. Even lamar admitted he lost the game for the team. But shoes may be lamar's mom though
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:
id do the bet if it was more fair for both sides. any kind of turnover in the last 3 mins. that's more of a fair bet.

Isn't this exactly what I agree to above? Any turnover that is ODOM'S fault. You might like to blame him for EVERY turnover but ...sorry ... no way.

Why haven't any haters picked up on this bet. Could it be that Shoes is right and they are not willing to put up or shut up???
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

I'll take the bet, whatever it turns out to be.

If the score is within 5 pts in the last 3 minutes, Odom will make a boneheaded turnover.

If he doesn't, I'm gone for 72 hours after the game ends.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

i would rather have you point to a group of 3 games.. because he might do alright in one, and then totally F up in the next two.. you never know. every dog has his day.

he'll probably be extra careful for the next game or 2, but then his idiocy will inevitably come back once he daydreams for a bit.

either way, i'm in. if not posting at LG for 3 days scares you that much, then you have more problems than lamar.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

If Odom scores 25 points or more and 6 of his points come in the last two minutes of the Suns game tonight (1/20/06), I'll NEVER make another post or thread in LG as long as I live. I’ll ban myself!

Odom's a great guy with a ton of potential. However, the cat just doesn't have what it takes to earn his salary. At this point, Odom is not willing to be the Lakers #2 scorer they so desperately need on a consistent bases.

I really hope Odom proves me wrong. It’ll be worth it.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:

i meant any kind of turnover from lamar. not just him picking up a charge. that means:

1.throwing the ball out of bounds

2.forcing the ball into a player who isnt open

3.24 sec violation

etc etc

any turnover that is credited to lamar, not just an offensive foul.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

I believe Im going by Just Lookings outline unless shoes comes back in here and complains about that.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

I would but Im Pro Odom...? I know he has brain farts but I like him on this team!!
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:

deal
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I want to be Pro Odom I really do and even up until last night I never really bashed LO (you can check my post history) but fool me once shame on you ,fool me 10 times and shame on me. I think most fans here want every single laker to play to the best of his ability but when it doesnt happen at what point can we begin to complain. Ive given Odom about half a season and he hasnt shown me much in terms of mental development. I dont mind if LO takes and misses the last shot of a game, I dont even care if he goes 2-9 shooting on some nights, but its the mental breakdowns that seem to bother me most.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: