Who dares join vvbandit and, I as we risk a 3 day departure pending on Odoms play tonight?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Poor Odom. How does he get through the day? After all, Odom is "stuck" playing basketball for a living and only gets $13 million this year for playing the game.
Waterboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm with vvbandit. Before the game starts i'm gonna check this thread one more time to find out what was agreed upon. If vvbandit loses, then i lose as well, except that i'll take it one step further. I'll disappear for a week.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
I could agree to making it a bit more broad. I'll go with ...

1. Game is within 5 points either way.

2. Last three minutes ... Odom turns the ball over through some act of his own such as a carry over or a charge or he dribbles the ball off his foot. Steals don't count as it could be just a great play on the part of the other team.

3. I go away for 72 hours.

on the other hand ... same scenario but Odom scores or passes for an assist or grabs a rebound ... anything that positively affects the outcome ... the haters go away.

And to be totally fair. If he does nothing but stand around and watch Kobe. We all return immediately to start ripping into each other's opinions again.

Ok, ok, this is fair after yesterday...

This will be the criterion!

signed,THE_SHOES
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Shoes:

Stop playing, we all know it's you; Lamar

Come on hater, you've been about as funny as you have the potential to be so. Ha ha ha...In fact you've been especially irrittating, it would give me pure pleasure to see you pack'n!

You in or, are you all talk like I extremely suspect?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
Shoes:

Nuh, shoes is not lamar. Even lamar admitted he lost the game for the team. But shoes may be lamar's mom though

Another coward who actually believes he has the talent to be a comedian... Come on funny guy, you in or what?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I'll take the bet, whatever it turns out to be.

If the score is within 5 pts in the last 3 minutes, Odom will make a boneheaded turnover.

If he doesn't, I'm gone for 72 hours after the game ends.

Alrighttttt!!!! I think Haters suck, but you Dr. Laker are a gamer no matter what!

Dr. Laker is in!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
i would rather have you point to a group of 3 games.. because he might do alright in one, and then totally F up in the next two.. you never know. every dog has his day.

he'll probably be extra careful for the next game or 2, but then his idiocy will inevitably come back once he daydreams for a bit.

either way, i'm in. if not posting at LG for 3 days scares you that much, then you have more problems than lamar.

Forget it Pip, your unfairness to Odom is ridiculous. Every player on the team screws up within three games including and especially Kobe. This is exactly the point I'm trying to make here. Why do you people expect such a perfection from Odom when such perfection doesn't even exist in the entire NBA?

Yeah, no matter what excusing you would give me one of the best rushes of my frigging life. Please tell me you're in and for the terms in the thread, not your ridiculous proposal....
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
If Odom scores 25 points or more and 6 of his points come in the last two minutes of the Suns game tonight (1/20/06), I'll NEVER make another post or thread in LG as long as I live. I’ll ban myself!

Odom's a great guy with a ton of potential. However, the cat just doesn't have what it takes to earn his salary. At this point, Odom is not willing to be the Lakers #2 scorer they so desperately need on a consistent bases.

I really hope Odom proves me wrong. It’ll be worth it.

I won't participate in this but, by your own rules if this happens, I'm definitely going to laugh it up!
Preposterious.... Actually if such a set of circumstances did take place I would'nt want you to dissapear forever. If you did that I couldn't throw it up in your face every day like I'm going to love doing if such a things happens!
bko32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm in. I don't post that often, so 3 days isn't a big deal. neither is a week. but i'm in for principal's sake.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

looks like we are all losers tonight, it sucks but, hopefully the guys somehow make a solid season out of it for us.

SHOES, this bet can carry over to the next time the lakers are involved in a close game, with similar criteria.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Sigh ... wish this best could have gone down tonight but let's face it ... basically the entire team sucked tonight ... including Kobe.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
If Odom scores 25 points or more and 6 of his points come in the last two minutes of the Suns game tonight (1/20/06), I'll NEVER make another post or thread in LG as long as I live. I’ll ban myself!

Odom's a great guy with a ton of potential. However, the cat just doesn't have what it takes to earn his salary. At this point, Odom is not willing to be the Lakers #2 scorer they so desperately need on a consistent bases.

I really hope Odom proves me wrong. It’ll be worth it.

I won't participate in this but, by your own rules if this happens, I'm definitely going to laugh it up!
Preposterious.... Actually if such a set of circumstances did take place I would'nt want you to dissapear forever. If you did that I couldn't throw it up in your face every day like I'm going to love doing if such a things happens!

never...neVER...NEVER WORRIED! I never had a doubt that Odom would step up and produce on offense. Sorry to disappoint you. Hmmmm. This is how Odom must feel most nights.

Odom's not made for this offense as the "initiator". Odom's a post guy, just ask Riles. Until then, Odom is never going to be the Lakers #2 scorer everyone keeps hoping for.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

Panthas wrote:
I would but Im Pro Odom...? I know he has brain farts but I like him on this team!!

I respect that...someone who loves their player but isn't afraid to speak the truth about him...

You're alright with me.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject:

IT was only a matter of time before LO messed something up again and went way, way, way to early in the shot clock again. At least this time there definately was a lane to attack, but if you attack like a biatch what do you expect. LO was definately not the only fool tonight, Cook and Smush helped out with that. OF course LO is supposed to be a Co Captian and somewhat of a leader, but if your leader is a complete jack @ss what do you do then. I know you dont have to go away for three days Shoes, but Odoms ability to learn from his mistakes is basically non existent. Im basically frustrated with this team, and I rarely get any satisfaction out of watching the games anymore. 70% of the time this team makes plays or doenst make plays that just completely confuse me. Ive been really impressed with Odom coming out and playing hurt, and I havent judged his game b/c of it. If he didnt have a good game I let it go b/c he was trying his best, but I do have a problem with his MENTAL decision. Why does he seem to only become aggressive when we have the lead, and the clock is definatley in our favor. IF he could act like this at the start of the game he might have a better chance.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

I also forgot, was it Odom who fouled Gasol and gave him a 3 point try. Its like we have a pu ( a t ) ( a t ) y team that is afraid to make a solid foul. The correct play wouldve been to make sure Paul gets fouled hard enough where he has to make 2 at the line. Instead we got like three guys swiping at his arms like little girls.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
Shoes:

Nuh, shoes is not lamar. Even lamar admitted he lost the game for the team. But shoes may be lamar's mom though

LOL
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

bump
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
So just to clarify the rule Shoes

1. Close game

2. LO gets a charging call within the final three minutes

3. Does a turnover on Lo's part count as the same as a charge?

turnovers cover to large of a spectrum. Besides that was'nt what the original agreement was over...

a little nervous your boy might turn the ball over, techincally a charge is considered a turnover but if you want to hold it to just a charge thats fine.

close enough. My bad you only said it b4 one particular game b/c you know you would still be on vaca.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Bwhahahaha you got owned Shoes
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
id do the bet if it was more fair for both sides. any kind of turnover in the last 3 mins. that's more of a fair bet.

Yeah, the original "charging foul in the last 3-minutes" is way too much
of a bold prediction.

Even if Odom's having a bad game - the likelihood of an actual charging
foul in just 3 minutes of play is awfully slim - even for the most
boneheaded players in the league.

Betting on a TO in those last 3 mins makes alot more sense and is at
least in the ballpark of a fair bet.

I ain't pickin' either way myself cuz I've always been middle ground
on LO.

Wouldn't blow me away if he got a TO in the last 3 mins, but it wouldn't
blow me away if he made a couple shots down the stretch either.

Ya just never know with LO.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Oops, this bet was on last game
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

What are you talking about Dagger? Besides being obnoxious you can't comprehend English. It all makes sense now...

Quote:
vvbandit
Starting Rotation

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like we are all losers tonight, it sucks but, hopefully the guys somehow make a solid season out of it for us.

SHOES, this bet can carry over to the next time the lakers are involved in a close game, with similar criteria.

The Lakers had just lost to the Suns, and since you didn't have a clue as to what was going on at the time what are you laughing about?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

1. Close game

turnovers cover to large of a spectrum. Besides that was'nt what the original agreement was over...

a little nervous your boy might turn the ball over, techincally a charge is considered a turnover but if you want to hold it to just a charge thats fine.

close enough. My bad you only said it b4 one particular game b/c you know you would still be on vaca.

Also there was never no whole bunch of games where you exaggerated as usual either. That's why I said your always stretching things out to support your bogus shots.

That's bull (bleep) to, because LO has been coming on every since the allstar break... You've got nothin...
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:

forgot about this thread, and LO has been playing well during that four game stretch of Det, San,NOk, San, I didnt see last nights game so I cant really comment, this team as a whole just drives me crazy.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

1. Close game

Also there was never no whole bunch of games where you exaggerated as usual either. That's why I said your always stretching things out to support your bogus shots.

That's bull (bleep) to, because LO has been coming on every since the allstar break... You've got nothin...

Look,
You made the bet. LO has clearly had good games and garbage ones. FORTUNATELY the good ones have come of late. this bet however was made a while ago, when LO was frequently choking. You never backed your end up. If you did you would still be gone. BTW- I wasnt referring to you as a HE/She in jest. i honestly dont know whos who
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: