Why League Pass sucks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
The online league pass is even worse. Feed is choppy and lags, and there are constantly blackouts.

never had any lags or choppy signals when I was stupid enough to pay for it...that was with a Mac Mini ...the lack of all games and blackouts for nbatv games should have been enough to get a refund...it came out to seeing like 21 more games for $170...not worth it imo
divncom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I live in Sydney Australia now, so at the moment the most I can do is stream the game from NBA League pass.

They wanted 10 bucks a month more just to listen to home announcers ... it's expensive enough as it is without going anal over something as minor as being able to choose your announcers.

The typical announcers you're forced to listen to sound like they're actually in on all of this ... purposefully making their basketball analysis so homerish and childish as to be literally unlistenable.

Beyond that, it's absolutely bare bones. No features at all really ... the website itself is really ancient looking, and here in Australia I think there's like one dude in his recliner who answers complaints/tech requests.

The games are always behind by like a full minute, so I can't participate in any game threads or talk about the game with friends living elsewhere because it's not synced - I have no clue why there is a huge delay.

I guess in the end, though, these are all "first world problems".

It really isn't a good value at all, though. MLB Pass is way cheaper and has many, many more features (gives you like 4 diff. broadcast options, video/imagining features of balls/strikes) ... it's a far, far superior product. League Pass should hire the guys who make it.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Why League Pass sucks.

kray28_ wrote:
I'll take today's Laker game broadcast as an example of why I basically can't stand NBA League Pass, especially on my cable carrier Comcast.

1. League Pass has only 9 channels reserved for game feeds. So some nights when there's fewer games, they can double up and show the home and away feeds for certain games.

2. Tonight they are doing it for Detroit vs. Indiana and Orlando vs. Chicago.

3. Lakers @ the Hawks?..if you're a Lakers fan, thanks for the money, now (bleep) off and deal with the Hawks announcers, because that's all you get.

4. Oh, you want the game in HD? Haha...Hope you like Detroit or Indy, because that's the only game in HD....so deal with the grainy SD feed.

I'm getting tired of paying for piece of (bleep) product that has made marginal improvements over the years. Here we are in 2013, and most of the feeds are still in SD, and you are basically always stuck with the opposing team's announcers if your team is on the road.

/rant

i have league pass and watched the lakers announcers..... on directv the channel is 691 for the lakers, it's not league pass you are mad at, it should be your cable provider.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
younggrease wrote:
Bracus16 wrote:
oliverginob wrote:
Ballstreams.com , you would need an invite tho since registration is closed.

for me its ,laptop + hdmi to tv and all the games are HD

You my friend, need Chromecast.

nah, he needs a roku player. ballstreams has an app on roku.

This.

I've had mine for a week and I honestly don't know how I lived without Roku.

PM DuncanIdaho for all the sweet apps, he'll hook you up

I did trade in some old sometimes working xbox 360's to bestbuys promo of $100. maybe il use it, I have actually been considering the roku 3 for some time. ball streams has an app and I can set up plex
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I watch International League Pass here in Singapore. Been subscribing for a couple of years and it's gotten better and better. This season, if you're watching online on a PC/Mac, you can choose between home and away feeds for all games. Think there was just one game that the Lakers away feed wasn't working.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject:

I have international league pass and it doesn't work on my Roku via VPN.

(bleep) pissed.
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Why League Pass sucks.

kobeandgary wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
I'll take today's Laker game broadcast as an example of why I basically can't stand NBA League Pass, especially on my cable carrier Comcast.

1. League Pass has only 9 channels reserved for game feeds. So some nights when there's fewer games, they can double up and show the home and away feeds for certain games.

3. Lakers @ the Hawks?..if you're a Lakers fan, thanks for the money, now (bleep) off and deal with the Hawks announcers, because that's all you get.

4. Oh, you want the game in HD? Haha...Hope you like Detroit or Indy, because that's the only game in HD....so deal with the grainy SD feed.

I'm getting tired of paying for piece of (bleep) product that has made marginal improvements over the years. Here we are in 2013, and most of the feeds are still in SD, and you are basically always stuck with the opposing team's announcers if your team is on the road.

/rant

i have league pass and watched the lakers announcers..... on directv the channel is 691 for the lakers, it's not league pass you are mad at, it should be your cable provider.
Same here Direct TV 691.
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject:

I live in NC & get League Pass via Dish to watch Laker & Knick games:

70-80% of the feeds are in HD & look good

there is no choice for home or away feed which means that you have to listen to a lot or announcers like Clyde Frazier for the Knicks (very good) or possible Boston's Tommy Hiensuck (think of stepping on a dog turd)

All of the Bobcat games including the games in New York & LA are blacked out.

Most of the time during the time outs instead of the local commercials you get the nba scores & stats page with very annoying music.

I would love to get a league pass option for all laker & Knick games with the LA & NY announcers ... Also I prefer the commercials to the NBA score page during timeouts.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Why League Pass sucks.

jmark wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

/rant

Same here Direct TV 691.
691 FTW

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
amir
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Why League Pass sucks.

kobeandgary wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

/rant

This is what I was about to say also, it's your sh**ty cable provider. Comcast/Cox suck. I've had em all. I have DirecTv now for the 2nd time in my life and couldn't be any happier. All NBA League pass games are in HD.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Why League Pass sucks.

kray28_ wrote:

/rant

Not only that, but if you live in LA why do they blackout replays? I know why they blackout the first broadcast - so they don't compete with TWC or whatever national network - but why black out a friggin' replay!?

I don't want to have to go through a proxy just to watch a game I paid for. Once that game is no longer on the original channel it shouldn't ever be blacked out!!

And why is it so hard to rewind and fast-forward? The Pac 12 network (which also sucks) at least has this part figured out.
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject:

Ballstream
Sccit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject:

seems like the problem is with your provider, not league pass...directv has all the games in hd, and 90% of the time, they give you both feeds to choose from. directv, handle suffa.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject:

Direct tv is the answer but I agree it is damn expensive.
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born in Redlands,California but Reside in Houston,TX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject:

Variant wrote:
Serious sports fans have DirecTV

#Fact

I live in Houston,Tx and for our away games I goto TWC(Ch. 691) and I can watch Stu and Bill call the game. I REFUSE to listen to the other teams announcers...
jxhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
younggrease wrote:
Bracus16 wrote:
oliverginob wrote:

Roku would work, but its not gonna be better and It is an extra computer anyway. Chromecast wouldn't work as well because it would be a waste of speed that i might need to multi task while watching the game. btw it is a refurb Chromebook, i bought on ebay from acer and the price wasn't far from a Roku 3.

What is this ballstream? I need to look into this. I was using LP on Roku but did not get it this year. I have Roku 3.
jxhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject:

OK. I went to the site and checked out ballstream. Looks awesome. I would subscribe to it in a second if I had the chance. Anyone know how to fast track an invite?
usa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Why League Pass sucks.

jodeke wrote:
jmark wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

/rant

Same here Direct TV 691.
691 FTW

I also have DirecTv and I watch Lakers games on 691 minus the national tv games. If you have Comcast than you need to switch. All the nba league pass is in SD I know that because I had there service before I switched to DirectTV and its and night and day difference. With Directv you get both feed the away and home so you can use which one you want and it's the same I think with other providers expect DirecTV.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I have crap Comcast myself, but I watch all my games on video game consoles.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I live on the east coast and have NBA League Pass. I hate when they have the game on ESPN or TNT and black the game out on TWC and force me to watch ESPN/TNT.

I would much rather watch TWC. I pay for League Pass, I should get to the pick the station I want to watch.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Ballsweats is great
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject:

jxhopper wrote:
oliverginob wrote:
younggrease wrote:
Bracus16 wrote:
oliverginob wrote:

Roku would work, but its not gonna be better and It is an extra computer anyway. Chromecast wouldn't work as well because it would be a waste of speed that i might need to multi task while watching the game. btw it is a refurb Chromebook, i bought on ebay from acer and the price wasn't far from a Roku 3.

What is this ballstream? I need to look into this. I was using LP on Roku but did not get it this year. I have Roku 3.

I will have to sign up for this.

What is it anyway?
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Why League Pass sucks.

kobeandgary wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

/rant

I also am a directv customer with league pass and watching/recording games on 691. All of a sudden last night vs memphis it switched channels to a Memphis feed. Wtf
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject:

canceled league pass.
BallforLife
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know how to get a Ballstreams invite?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: