OFFICIAL KENDALL MARSHALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mambomamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Someone tell Meeks to teach Kendall all of the tear drop and layup drills he's done. Clearly something worked for him, and Kendall could use a floater in the worst way.

someone should tell Nash to teach everyone but Gasol pretty much to improve their FG %.

Career 49% shooter and 40+% 3 from 3 point land

Kobe if he gets to nash FG %?

45% and 33% from 3 pt land
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

mambomamba wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Someone tell Meeks to teach Kendall all of the tear drop and layup drills he's done. Clearly something worked for him, and Kendall could use a floater in the worst way.

someone should tell Nash to teach everyone but Gasol pretty much to improve their FG %.

Career 49% shooter and 40+% 3 from 3 point land

Kobe if he gets to nash FG %?

45% and 33% from 3 pt land

Nash has been a good shooter from the get go. Meeks very clearly and suddenly improved his ability to finish, drive to the rim, and shoot a floater seemingly in one summer. It's night and day seeing the difference of him attacking the basket last year and this year. He used to be a guaranteed actual or virtual turnover via a missed layup nearly every time he drove to the basket, this year it's the exact opposite. Whatever he worked on during the off season clearly worked, and Marshall would be well advised to learn.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

You can't teach competitive fire.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject:

trade him on draft day please
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
My problem with Marshall is that he doesn't appear to have an extreme hatred of losing.

The floor general needs to HATE losing.

I'm sorry but I must have missed something. Besides criteria that only you seem to be knowledgeable of, where did you pull that opinion out of?

Was it his team high +17 against OKC? Because last I checked the biggest key to winning was having your team score more points than your opponent.

Just curious because that statement just seemed to have absolutely no factual merit to it whatsoever. Unless you're basing it on this absolute crap roster's win-loss record? And if that's the case how do you single out the one guy who has clearly shown selfless play as his trademark? At 22 years old? I'm really confused here.
KOBE2007MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject:

SCRUB!
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
My problem with Marshall is that he doesn't appear to have an extreme hatred of losing.

I'm sorry but I must have missed something. Besides criteria that only you seem to be knowledgeable of, where did you pull that opinion out of?

Was it his team high +17 against OKC? Because last I checked the biggest key to winning was having your team score more points than your opponent.

Just curious because that statement just seemed to have absolutely no factual merit to it whatsoever. Unless you're basing it on this absolute crap roster's win-loss record? And if that's the case how do you single out the one guy who has clearly shown selfless play as his trademark? At 22 years old? I'm really confused here.

maybe it's the fact that he goes on twitter even after losses and starts tweeting about chipotle and other miscellaneous affairs. Let me guess, people handle losing differently? Seems like the type of guy who's just happy to be in the league making good money which is fine but let's not pretend it's anything more than that.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I'm talking about attitude. He doesn't show enough fire to lead a young team.

Farmar has it.

Marshall has a ton of talent and skill. But he doesn't have the passionate personality that inspires. Yet, as a PG he's the floor leader.
CigaretteProtein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

Best passer in the league. Crap otherwise.
We should hold onto him. He can improve. Just look at Meeks.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

But I thought Kendall was the next Steve Nash?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Smel Counts wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

maybe it's the fact that he goes on twitter even after losses and starts tweeting about chipotle and other miscellaneous affairs. Let me guess, people handle losing differently? Seems like the type of guy who's just happy to be in the league making good money which is fine but let's not pretend it's anything more than that.

So you're basing your opinion of his professional character based on a few non-work related tweets? Why does he have to tweet his feelings after a bad loss? I would never do that myself and would never presume anybody else should do it either.
CigaretteProtein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Nash is one of the best passers and shooters of all time.

Kendall is an amazing passer, but not much else.

Too early to quit on him. It doesn't make sense, anyway. He is very cheap next year. And yes, he can improve big time.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

The black Steve Nash!!!
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

Marshall is Rondo without the defense or Nash without the shoot.
To resume, he has the passing ability, and that's about it
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

CigaretteProtein wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Nash is one of the best passers and shooters of all time.

Kendall is an amazing passer, but not much else.

Too early to quit on him. It doesn't make sense, anyway. He is very cheap next year. And yes, he can improve big time.

Worst case scenario is that you carry him as a cheap 3rd PG who you know can fill in admirably for long stretches.
mambomamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:

all players have weaknesses, some obviously more than others

just surround him with some people who can play defense. He averages a ton of assists even when he plays less than 28 mins. Assists are great, there are a ton of nba players but how many average as much assists with as few turnovers as Marshall

apparently only CP3. CP3 is all star cause he can pass and has offense, Marshall isnt an all star until he can reliably provide offense the selfish way.

Ricky Rubio sucks offensively but just because he averages more steals and can pass he is obviously better than MARSHALL?

January but doubt much has changed in 2 months
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1919221-how-worried-should-timberwolves-be-about-ricky-rubios-awful-shooting
34.7 percent overall and 33.9 percent from behind the three-point line

Marshall makes less you keep him and try to develop him. Need more players like him on the team in the sense that he doesnt care about getting POINTS other people like KOBE and Nick Young like scoring points to feel RELEVANT

they can keep eating the pie while marshall serves it
Sacreligious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

If Marshall ever gains a reliable floater (he should be talking with meeks asap) he'd be a legit starter.
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Smel Counts wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I'm talking about attitude. He doesn't show enough fire to lead a young team.

Farmar has it.

Marshall has a ton of talent and skill. But he doesn't have the passionate personality that inspires. Yet, as a PG he's the floor leader.

Ahh the old attitude, fire, passion, and inspirer statistic. Of course.

I always thought the best way of leading was LEADING BY EXAMPLE. And the ultimate example is to play the game selflessly and by sharing the ball to optimize production.

Here are some other opinions.
Marshall: (REMEMBER HE'S ONLY 22 and this is his first real Playing Time)
34.5 points created by assist / 48 min. (leads NBA)
21.8 points created by assist/ game (second to CP3)
15.1 Asst./48 min. (second to CP3's 15.2)
15.8 Asst./48 min. as a starter (leads NBA)
10.9 APG as a starter (second to CP3's 11.0, yet Marshall is 6th in Asst. Opps)
Only 3 TOPG as a starter 2.8 TOPG total.
9.5 APG total (second to CP3)
20 Asst./48 min. in March (once Bazemore/Brooks addition and Farmar's return from injury formed a steady rotation- First in NBA)
http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingPassing.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=PTS_CRT&sortOrder=DES]

And as for Farmar. Yes, he says the right things, but he's had 5 more years to prove that his best case scenario is a tiny and poor man's version of Jamal Crawford. ( An Instant shoot-first offense off the bench and, of course, a famous leader full of fire and passion)

Farmar single-handedly almost chucked us to a loss against OKC yesterday. TWICE. Both in the first and especially in the second half when he all but chucked the red-hot Jodie Meeks into a coma. But that fire and passion sure was evident when he got that Technical called on an obvious foul as our lead was evaporating.
I like Farmar for what he is, and I respect that he wanted to come home even for the minimum. But he was available for the minimum for a reason. His skill set is easily replaceable for cheap. Sorry, but as long as we're just going on feelings and not facts, that's my opinion.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

i agree on the farmar point. i love that guy and hope he stays a laker.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

mambomamba wrote:
Romano338 wrote:

just surround him with some people who can play defense. He averages a ton of assists even when he plays less than 28 mins. Assists are great, there are a ton of nba players but how many average as much assists with as few turnovers as Marshall

apparently only CP3. CP3 is all star cause he can pass and has offense, Marshall isnt an all star until he can reliably provide offense the selfish way.

Ricky Rubio sucks offensively but just because he averages more steals and can pass he is obviously better than MARSHALL?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1919221-how-worried-should-timberwolves-be-about-ricky-rubios-awful-shooting

Marshall makes less you keep him and try to develop him. Need more players like him on the team in the sense that he doesnt care about getting POINTS other people like KOBE and Nick Young like scoring points to feel RELEVANT

Rubio has defense...
Most players have 2 things... Marshall has one. That's why you can't imagine him having a big role. He can't defend, can't shoot, and doesn't drive to the basket.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject:

mambomamba wrote:
Romano338 wrote:

I always said the player Marshall most closely resembles is Rubio. The issue is that Rubio can't shoot either and is a mediocre finisher at the rim, much like Marshall. Yet Rubio is taller and much longer, and a capable defender.

Having someone like Marshall is a luxury for the price as well for his age. With Farmar back, the team looks much more dangerous offensively because you finally have a guard that can create off the drive and dish rather than just swing pass to a three, but having Marshall's passing helps the team. He isn't a guy who will put up great stats unless the has the ball in his hands but as long as he knocks down that jumper and can run the offense the stats don't matter because the offense runs well with him in along with another guard that can create.
lakerlgnd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Marshall IMO doesn't exhibit that grittiness you need from your PG on a highly competitive team. For all Fisher's deficiencies he had a "don't eff with me" attitude, which was critical for our championship runs.

Rondo, Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Westbrook, Gary Payton, Tony Parker, they all have that intangible. I don't expect Mashall to be like those guys, but if your PG is your floor general, you want him to fire you up a bit.
mambomamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject:

marshall pretty much needs to get on the level of players like cp3 and tony parker at age 22 or hes pretty much complete trash not a nba quality player is the consensus of LG
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject:

mambomamba wrote:
marshall pretty much needs to get on the level of players like cp3 and tony parker at age 22 or hes pretty much complete trash not a nba quality player is the consensus of LG

Not was all people say
Some are unable to find a middle between world class and garbage, but not everybody
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject:

mambomamba wrote:

This is called a "reasonable perspective"....something missing in all this trashing of Marshall.

22 year old KD has the #1 skill you want in a PG... passing ability... which requires floor vision, leadership, and a willingness to share... which makes everyone better and strengthens the team.

Marshall has proven his passing skills and production is (barely) second only to superstar Chris Paul who (unlike Marshall) is surrounded by talent and not a roster full of scrubs, potentials, and journeymen.

Marshall's game needs some development... but who's doesn't at the age of 22? Hell, even MJ needed to develop a better outside shot and needed to learn the "team concept" in order to complete the dominating player he would become. The point is... at 22... Marshall has time to work on other parts of his game.

In another three years and with solid talent around him....KD could easily become one of the top five PG's in the NBA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46
Jump to: