OFFICIAL KENDALL MARSHALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kendall Marshall would be a fantastic backup 1 in this offense with our bench.

Don't forget, he was 2nd in the NBA in assists in his time here, and as a backup would be solid.

Milwaukee had no clue how to use him and when he got hurt, they threw him to the wayside, and then Philly never played him.

As a backup 1 I'd love to have him back tbh.

He'd be no worse than Calderon or Huertas, I guess.

He'd be a mix of both, 40% from 3 with playmaking. Anyone remember why the Lakers let him go? He showed he could at least be a backup point guard. But I guess the league has gone in another direction and doesn't value pass first guards ( why rondo can't seem to fit anywhere) they prefer someone who can score.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
s_habe wrote:
MJST wrote:

Don't forget, he was 2nd in the NBA in assists in his time here, and as a backup would be solid.

Milwaukee had no clue how to use him and when he got hurt, they threw him to the wayside, and then Philly never played him.

He'd be a mix of both, 40% from 3 with playmaking. Anyone remember why the Lakers let him go? He showed he could at least be a backup point guard. But I guess the league has gone in another direction and doesn't value pass first guards ( why rondo can't seem to fit anywhere) they prefer someone who can score.

The extra cap space. Similar to Bazemore. They planned on resigning Marshall but the Bucks claimed him.

Crazy MDA had this guy looking like a star.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
s_habe wrote:
MJST wrote:

The extra cap space. Similar to Bazemore. They planned on resigning Marshall but the Bucks claimed him.

The extra cap space cause we'd won waivers on Boozer. We were planning on bringing him back but the Bucks claimed him and then never used him and then threw him away like nothing when he got hurt.

He actually had gotten his field goal % up to 45% and was shooting 40% from three.

But yeah I'd love to have him back and manning the bench being the table setter for our bench, and if he can fidn that form from three like he had with us. Marshall shooting 36-40% from three while being that passing savant he is running with our bench unit... oh some of the dimes he'd set up Larry for

He was finding Shawne Williams on cuts.. imagine what he'd do with Larry... and he's hit from three good enough to keep the defense honest. I think he'd fit in perfect here in this system with how our bench runs offense.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
please merge with the D'Angelo Russell thread

You beat me to it! Damn you!
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
dao wrote:
please merge with the D'Angelo Russell thread

You beat me to it! Damn you!

LOL!
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
s_habe wrote:
MJST wrote:

The extra cap space cause we'd won waivers on Boozer. We were planning on bringing him back but the Bucks claimed him and then never used him and then threw him away like nothing when he got hurt.

He actually had gotten his field goal % up to 45% and was shooting 40% from three.

But yeah I'd love to have him back and manning the bench being the table setter for our bench, and if he can fidn that form from three like he had with us. Marshall shooting 36-40% from three while being that passing savant he is running with our bench unit... oh some of the dimes he'd set up Larry for

He was finding Shawne Williams on cuts.. imagine what he'd do with Larry... and he's hit from three good enough to keep the defense honest. I think he'd fit in perfect here in this system with how our bench runs offense.

Imagine a lineup of
Marshall
Russell
Young
Ingram
Zubac
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

How did this get bumped? The guy was a complete scrub, who MDA used as a last resort. The offenses aren't even very similar.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Will never forget this moment:

Nick Young going 1 on 3 and Marshall doesn't even try to help out his teammate. Those were sad days
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46
Jump to: