NBA mock draft has Lakers picking 13th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject:

Also LaVine is not a top 5 pick. He will be available around the Lakers pick. If he is taken higher that means another guard like Exum or Smart will drop to the Lakers.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Not going to be franchise talent available that late, I think after #7, unless someone dramatically drops, we're getting supporting players, that need 2-3 years to become a #3 or #2 option to a franchise player.

If we can't land Embiid, Parker, Smart, Wiggins, Exum or LaVine, I think it's a greater idea to trade the pick for someone who could be an immediate supporting piece to Kobe for the 15-16 and 14-15 seasons. Just my .02
Randle is the 2nd best player in the draft Imo, he and Parker are the only guys i can see as 1st options. Will definitely have a top 7 pick and probably higher will be able to get someone good. Were not gonna trade the pick this is the best draft in 30 years. If i ranked them it would be this.

1.Parker
2.Randle
3. Smart
4. Wiggins
5. Embid
6. Lavine
7. Exum
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject:

Best draft in 30 years is some serious hyperbole.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject:

This draft class is ridiculously overrated. The only reason it was hyped in the first place was because of Wiggins and he has not shown anything that warrants even a top 3 selection. Julius Randle has struggled with his shot and turnovers all year. Exum or Embiid could be nice players but they are both huge question marks right now. The only player I see as a future franchise guy is Parker and we won't be bad enough to get him once Pau and Kobe both return. This draft reminds me more of 2009 rather than 2003 or 1984. Maybe 1-2 franchise guys, a few fringe stars, and a bunch of decent pieces/role players.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
This draft class is ridiculously overrated. The only reason it was hyped in the first place was because of Wiggins and he has not shown anything that warrants even a top 3 selection. Julius Randle has struggled with his shot and turnovers all year. Exum or Embiid could be nice players but they are both huge question marks right now. The only player I see as a future franchise guy is Parker and we won't be bad enough to get him once Pau and Kobe both return. This draft reminds me more of 2009 rather than 2003 or 1984. Maybe 1-2 franchise guys, a few fringe stars, and a bunch of decent pieces/role players.

I think all can agree that no one knew Kobe's ceiling pre draft and with that thought, I see all the tools in Exum to maybe be the best 2 guard in the league at some point. I honestly believe that.
stojan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

I think all can agree that no one knew Kobe's ceiling pre draft and with that thought, I see all the tools in Exum to maybe be the best 2 guard in the league at some point. I honestly believe that.

agree i really want to know the questions marks on exum lol??? he has a shaky jumper we all know that but that is easily improved and has been improving if you followed him over the last year or so. But what else about him is a question mark????

"I don't have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome."
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject:

stojan wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

agree i really want to know the questions marks on exum lol??? he has a shaky jumper we all know that but that is easily improved and has been improving if you followed him over the last year or so. But what else about him is a question mark????

Turnover rate. Flat jumpshot, inconsistent mechanics. Strength.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
stojan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
stojan wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

So pretty much as i said his jumper is the problem which he is getting better at. Turnover rate is debatable as for strength he is 18 and long the strength will come over the years in NBA.

"I don't have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome."
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

stojan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
stojan wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

So pretty much as i said his jumper is the problem which he is getting better at. Turnover rate is debatable as for strength he is 18 and long the strength will come over the years in NBA.

I agree they're all fixable. I'm hoping he turns out as a scoring version of MCW.

His jumpshot is flat like when MJ first started in the NBA. Needs more arc.

AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject:

If we end up in the lottery, I really hope we can get in the top 8. Between Parker/Embiid/Wiggins/Smart/Randle/Exum/Gordon/LaVine you're looking guys with all the tools to play at a very high level in the NBA.

After that, there's guys like Hood, Cauley-Stein, Harris, and Vonleh that can be good, but don't have near the potential as the guys listed above.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
If we end up in the lottery, I really hope we can get in the top 8. Between Parker/Embiid/Wiggins/Smart/Randle/Exum/Gordon/LaVine you're looking guys with all the tools to play at a very high level in the NBA.

After that, there's guys like Hood, Cauley-Stein, Harris, and Vonleh that can be good, but don't have near the potential as the guys listed above.

Vonleh belongs up there. I don't think LaVine does.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Vonleh belongs for sure. 6'8", 7'4" wingspan, with some motor and triple threat skills and some post play? Worst case Earl Clark. Best case KG/Bosh at SF. He's already using the footwork from the high post, understands balance in the post in the paint, has 20' range, can push out in transition a bit.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Also, throw this guy into top 9 for Lottery.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Adreian-Payne-5286/

Zemy_09
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject:

Nice post!
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

Count me in as a huge Exum fan. Think his ceiling is very very high from what I've seen.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject:

If we end up with a mid teens puck or make the playoffs we should get glen Robinson he has the potential to be a solid defender and has elite athleticism
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Outside of the concensus top 6 (Embiid, Wiggs, Parker, Randle, Smart, Exum)

Gordon
Vonleh
Hood
Robinson III
Saric

I think those are my guys as of now. Athletes and Saric is the wildcard.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Outside of the concensus top 6 (Embiid, Wiggs, Parker, Randle, Smart, Exum)

Gordon
Vonleh
Hood
Robinson III
Saric

I think those are my guys as of now. Athletes and Saric is the wildcard.

I have question marks about Robinson III.

Saric is the least athletic guy of the entire group. Like Turkoglu.

Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: NBA mock draft has Lakers picking 13th

eddiejonze wrote:
Projecting Glen Robinson the 3rd at 13. We had pretty good luck last time we drafted a kid with an NBA dad

Lakers should select Bob McAdoo's nephew instead.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: NBA mock draft has Lakers picking 13th

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Projecting Glen Robinson the 3rd at 13. We had pretty good luck last time we drafted a kid with an NBA dad

Lakers should select Bob McAdoo's nephew instead.

Wasn't McAdoo like a top 5 player in high school a few years back?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject:

He was
Now he is announced 2nd round or undrafted :/
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject:

If Embiid decides to stay another year who would you guys rather take, Stein or Isaiah Austin?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
If Embiid decides to stay another year who would you guys rather take, Stein or Isaiah Austin?

Embiid would anyway not be available later than 3rd/4th and the Lakers are all but sure to have a top 4 pick
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: