Official [DRAFT DAY] Watch - Lakers select... JULIUS RANDLE - (p.1160) | JORDAN CLARKSON - (p.1192)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 594, 595, 596 ... 1206, 1207, 1208  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Starting to like the idea of getting Noah Vonleh at #6

Watching video of him the kid plays "smart". Hands up all the time on defense, very controlled game, runs the floor well.

Top it off w/freakish length and size.

I agree, walking away this offseason with Vonleh, Stephenson or Lowry, and Collison if we don't get Lowry, would be a good offseason.

Wow! I had no idea Collison could be a free agent this summer. I agree though, if we add Vonleh, Stephenson and one of those two PGs we will be much better next year.

Can Vonleh play center?

I would like to have both Collisons, Nick has always been one of my favorite players. Vonleh can play center, but that might not be his ideal position.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Watching video of him the kid plays "smart". Hands up all the time on defense, very controlled game, runs the floor well.

I agree, walking away this offseason with Vonleh, Stephenson or Lowry, and Collison if we don't get Lowry, would be a good offseason.

Wow! I had no idea Collison could be a free agent this summer. I agree though, if we add Vonleh, Stephenson and one of those two PGs we will be much better next year.

Can Vonleh play center?

I don't think Vonleh should play center full time. More like a backup center role. He put on 20-25 pounds this year and it hampered his quickness/vertical game. If we had him, I'd rather see him condition his body to be a more agile PF.

Or maybe he was going through a growth spurt that hampered his explosiveness.

He bulked up, probably b/c Indiana wanted him to play center. Compare his college/high school tapes and you see a stark difference in explosiveness. At his size, bulking up too much isn't beneficial IMO. He should be aiming to play more PF than NBA center.

I know, but didn't he also grow 2 inches? That could be factor as well.

And growth might not be finished, he is one of the younger players in the draft.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Can Vonleh play center?

I don't think Vonleh should play center full time. More like a backup center role. He put on 20-25 pounds this year and it hampered his quickness/vertical game. If we had him, I'd rather see him condition his body to be a more agile PF.

Or maybe he was going through a growth spurt that hampered his explosiveness.

He bulked up, probably b/c Indiana wanted him to play center. Compare his college/high school tapes and you see a stark difference in explosiveness. At his size, bulking up too much isn't beneficial IMO. He should be aiming to play more PF than NBA center.

I know, but didn't he also grow 2 inches? That could be factor as well.

And growth might not be finished, he is one of the younger players in the draft.

It'd be crazy if he could add a couple more inches. He'd have Embiid's size and length.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Bye bye, Exum

Quote:
Jameer Nelson's time as the Magic's starting point guard may be coming to an end soon, as ESPN's Chad Ford believes the Magic will take a point guard in the upcoming draft.
"They want a point guard," said Ford. "They experimented with Victor Oladipo there, but preferably they get a young player that is more of a true point. [Dante] Exum and Marcus Smart are the guys for them." With Nelson's contract only guaranteed for $2 million, he may be an expendable commodity this summer. The Magic have a 15.6 percent chance of winning the lottery, making it likely they will have the opportunity to draft either Smart or Exum this June.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

KobeMania wrote:
Bye bye, Exum

Quote:
Jameer Nelson's time as the Magic's starting point guard may be coming to an end soon, as ESPN's Chad Ford believes the Magic will take a point guard in the upcoming draft.
"They want a point guard," said Ford. "They experimented with Victor Oladipo there, but preferably they get a young player that is more of a true point. [Dante] Exum and Marcus Smart are the guys for them." With Nelson's contract only guaranteed for $2 million, he may be an expendable commodity this summer. The Magic have a 15.6 percent chance of winning the lottery, making it likely they will have the opportunity to draft either Smart or Exum this June.

not if they are top 2 or 3

wiggins
parker
embiid

thats why i want magic 2 fall in top 2 with Boston falling below us
frozt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeMania wrote:
Bye bye, Exum

Quote:

Exum is about a true of a PG as Oladipo is...
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I have a been a fan of Spencer Dinwiddie for awhile, I hope the Lakers can buy a second round pick and take him. I am not worried about his torn ACL because he does not rely on his athleticism to score.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know how can I watch Dario Saric? The numbers he's putting up are no joke against a pretty tough competiton. Just had 21/15/6 in what was a pretty huge semi finals game. Wish I could somehow watch him, anyone know how to watch Euro games?
Without knowing too much about him, I think he's the guy I want if we miss out on top 5.

Last edited by LakersNewEra on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Can Vonleh play center?

I would like to have both Collisons, Nick has always been one of my favorite players. Vonleh can play center, but that might not be his ideal position.

Is Nick a free agent? Man, i'd LOVE to have him. Darren would be a nice addition, but I'm not sure he's a good fit with Kobe. Dude is one of the fastest players in the NBA and we saw what happened with Ramon "Slow It Down" Sessions.
Reilec142002
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Not sure that Magic article is accurate. Is Exum a true PG? Doesnt seem like it.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Is Nick a free agent? Man, i'd LOVE to have him. Darren would be a nice addition, but I'm not sure he's a good fit with Kobe. Dude is one of the fastest players in the NBA and we saw what happened with Ramon "Slow It Down" Sessions.[/quote]

i think that was more of Mike Brown freaking out on him & nothing to do with kobe
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Reilec142002 wrote:
Not sure that Magic article is accurate. Is Exum a true PG? Doesnt seem like it.

somehow i think Magic only interested in Exum because we are
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

The Magic were always interested in Exum. As was the Celtics.

Exum should be the guy there, but I don't think he screams true point guard. Obviously they didn't like Oladipo at PG, and while Exum has substantially mroe point guard skills, he doesn't exactly fit the bill of true point guard either. That said, neither does Marcus Smart but I do know they were in love with Smart last year.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

i think that was more of Mike Brown freaking out on him & nothing to do with kobe

I think it had more to do with the fact that our frontline consisted of MWP, Pau and Bynum.

Last edited by RCS926 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Can Vonleh play center?

Is Nick a free agent? Man, i'd LOVE to have him. Darren would be a nice addition, but I'm not sure he's a good fit with Kobe. Dude is one of the fastest players in the NBA and we saw what happened with Ramon "Slow It Down" Sessions.

Darren is more of value for his defense. and he'll show up on O enough no matter the scheme - hopefully we dont need to count on him flourishing on O.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Darren Collison is like the go to point guard for teams that need a stop gap at the point.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Reilec142002 wrote:

He's more of a Tony Parker type PG than Chris Paul.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Here's a pretty good article on the Spurs shooting coach Chip Engelland, aka "The Shot Doctor." Don't know if this is OT, but I thought it was relevant given all the usual draft discussion on shooting mechanics and whether they can be fixed. This guy has fixed Parker's, Leonard's, Gary Neal's and now Bellinelli's shot. It doesn't mention Danny Green, but he shot 27% on 3s in Cleveland, and has been one of the best shooters in the league since joining the Spurs.

http://grantland.com/features/the-shot-doctor/
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Here's a pretty good article on the Spurs shooting coach Chip Engelland, aka "The Shot Doctor." Don't know if this is OT, but I thought it was relevant given all the usual draft discussion on shooting mechanics and whether they can be fixed. This guy has fixed Parker's, Leonard's, Gary Neal's and now Bellinelli's shot. It doesn't mention Danny Green, but he shot 27% on 3s in Cleveland, and has been one of the best shooters in the league since joining the Spurs.

http://grantland.com/features/the-shot-doctor/

He dated Jeanie, he can coach. Do it Mitch/Jimbo!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

i think that was more of Mike Brown freaking out on him & nothing to do with kobe[/quote]

IIRC, Brown was voicing a sentiment held by the key starters--including Pau and Bynum. Sessions was used to running out whenever they had the chance, but even his teammates were telling him to slow it down. Given that the offense has basically been what Kobe wants the past several years, if Kobe wanted to run, the team would have been running.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject:

A team of:

Exum
Oladipo
Tobias Harris
Vucivic

is certainly sexy
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Exum.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

It would be hilarious to me if Orlando picks Exum.

Why?

Well, I just imagine that's another Orlando player that they'll lose to the Lakers when he's a free agent.
zoogz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
It would be hilarious to me if Orlando picks Exum.

Why?

Well, I just imagine that's another Orlando player that they'll lose to the Lakers when he's a free agent.

Right, I actually forgot that the lakers had 2 lottery picks this year. Why take Embiid when we can let Orlando develop him for us to take later on lol.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

The only players that have higher upside than Vonleh in the draft are Wiggins, Embiid, and Exum.

Disagree.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 594, 595, 596 ... 1206, 1207, 1208  Next
Page 595 of 1208
Jump to: