Paul George the Next Michael Jordan / Kobe Bryant? (39pts / 11rbs Game 4) pg. 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject:

Jonny Craig wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
theunknownsoldier wrote:
Uh....doesn't Lebron currently hold the torch? Last time I checked, he does.

Some people are still in denial.

A common trait I've noticed among Jordan+Kobe fans is they like to give more credit to guys that they know stand no chance of surpassing Jordan or Kobe

That's why LeBron has always received the most criticism from them and why that will start shifting to Durant now that Durant has peaked higher than Kobe (watch how people will jump down my throat for this without even thinking about it first)

In what way has Durant peaked higher than Kobe. Did I miss KD's 82 point game?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
LeBron was billed/projected as one of the greats and he has definately lived up to the hype.

This should be highlighted here. I've hated on Lebron for much of the same reasons as others: mostly his personality while in Cleveland, his style of play, and the media's often choice selection of minute stats to promote his greatness (i.e. "most points in a Game 6 after losing Game 5 at home, at the age of 26").

But it's very very rare that a player who came into the league being called the "next great" lives up to that name. Lebron has indeed lived up to it. His game has grown on me, although it still lacks the creativity and fluidity I'm drawn to by my favorites in Magic and Kobe. But his dominance over the league is unquestionable. I say this and Paul George is probably my favorite player to watch right now.

Magic too was one who came in with the hype and lived up to it. Kobe had the MDE to overshadow him so he was allowed to develop without the hype.

Magic's greatness was known at that point. He just won a NCAA championship at a time when most college players stayed for 3-4 years. LeBron was hyped as a 16-year old, as being the next great.

Kobe's hype was quieted more by him being a 6th man for his first couple years more so than by Shaq.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
Didn't Kobe go out there and win 2 titles with a pedestrian supporting cast?

Maybe on your version of NBA 2k11. There was nothing pedestrian about Kobe's supporting cast from 2008-2013.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
JamezAmp wrote:
Stop ignoring Lebron. You sound foolish. Guy is on one of the amazing runs in the history of the league.

Kinda hard to ignore Lebron when he's been shoved down your throat for ten years. (bleep) him.

I would agree with City_Dawg here.

I also say I want to see Lebron and the Heat crumble big time. Nothing would please me more.

They are the biggest benefactors of the CP3 veto. We should of gotten a ring by now with Chris Paul. The NBA gifted Lebron a ring when that happened make no mistake about it.

Lebron and the Heat's run will end this season.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
i also don't get how people can say Bron had the torch in 08 or 09. Didn't Kobe go out there and win 2 titles with a pedestrian supporting cast? But nah, Bron winning 70 games, running up numbers and the scores every game, dancing with his teammates after blowing out bum teams just to get smacked by the Magic/Celtics was better.

Bron took the torch once Wade publicly said it was bran's team. Before that he was still choking ass Bron. Torch holders, Kings, hyped up legends don't have Finals like 2011.

Kobe had a pedestrian supporting cast from 2005-2007.

As great as he was in 2009 and 2010, I wish Kobe was a few years younger during those years. I'd love to see what a 2006 version of Kobe would do on those teams. Kobe also kept breaking one of his fingers around 2008-2010.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Jonny Craig wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
theunknownsoldier wrote:
Uh....doesn't Lebron currently hold the torch? Last time I checked, he does.

Some people are still in denial.

A common trait I've noticed among Jordan+Kobe fans is they like to give more credit to guys that they know stand no chance of surpassing Jordan or Kobe

That's why LeBron has always received the most criticism from them and why that will start shifting to Durant now that Durant has peaked higher than Kobe (watch how people will jump down my throat for this without even thinking about it first)

In what way has Durant peaked higher than Kobe. Did I miss KD's 82 point game?

Durant has peaked higher but hasn't even won a ring. That's funny.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

http://www.ebengregory.com/2014/02/05/reports-indiana-pacers-paul-george-tried-pay-miami-stripper-1m-abort-baby/
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
http://www.ebengregory.com/2014/02/05/reports-indiana-pacers-paul-george-tried-pay-miami-stripper-1m-abort-baby/

Gotta get that DNA test lol. Might explain his bad play recently if true.
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Lol - another PG thread started by Jeggs?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Well that's one thing that George and Dwight Howard have in common.
ChrisCrossed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject:

Paul George is no longer top 10 in scoring.

Stats for this season. 22.2 PPG on 43% with 6.4 Rebounds and 3.4 Assists...let's not compare Kobe freaking Bryant to this guy who while he's a great player, isn't on the same plateau as some of these other guys. Tbh I'd say Curry > PG.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

ChrisCrossed wrote:

Stats for this season. 22.2 PPG on 43% with 6.4 Rebounds and 3.4 Assists...let's not compare Kobe freaking Bryant to this guy who while he's a great player, isn't on the same plateau as some of these other guys. Tbh I'd say Curry > PG.

My theory is that PG is losing his legs by guarding the other team's best defender every night, and every minute of the game. No one does that. Like last night, he played Monta Ellis the whole game. Jordan didn't do that, Lebron doesn't do it...KD doesn't do it...and the reason is it affects your legs, and thus, your offense.

I think Vogel will eventually make the adjustment, and just play George on their best player maybe late in the 4th quarter. I wouldn't mind this continuing though, because if George becomes unhappy he might just demand a trade...and you know where he will come knocking...time to come home George.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
i also don't get how people can say Bron had the torch in 08 or 09. Didn't Kobe go out there and win 2 titles with a pedestrian supporting cast? But nah, Bron winning 70 games, running up numbers and the scores every game, dancing with his teammates after blowing out bum teams just to get smacked by the Magic/Celtics was better.

Bron took the torch once Wade publicly said it was bran's team. Before that he was still choking ass Bron. Torch holders, Kings, hyped up legends don't have Finals like 2011.

All Stars Bynum and Gasol, the Goods (Odom), Ariza and Artest, And Fish = pedestrian?

I'm going to sleep.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
LakerCity wrote:

All Stars Bynum and Gasol, the Goods (Odom), Ariza and Artest, And Fish = pedestrian?

I'm going to sleep.

Are you responding to the right person? Steve mentioned the pedestrian teammates and that was 2005-2007.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

ChrisCrossed wrote:

Let's not forget the blistering .353 shooting percentage for the month of February. He's in Ricky Rubio territory. Oh, wait. Ricky is lighting it up at a .391 rate this month and a .361 rate for the year.

Okay, okay. I've had enough fun mocking these posts. I'm not going to let these posts lure me into rooting against Paul George and the Pacers. George is still a top 10 player in the league, and I'd love to see the Pacers take out the Heat. Hopefully, PG isn't just Mr. November.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:

Let's not forget the blistering .353 shooting percentage for the month of February. He's in Ricky Rubio territory. Oh, wait. Ricky is lighting it up at a .391 rate this month and a .361 rate for the year.

Okay, okay. I've had enough fun mocking these posts. I'm not going to let these posts lure me into rooting against Paul George and the Pacers. George is still a top 10 player in the league, and I'd love to see the Pacers take out the Heat. Hopefully, PG isn't just Mr. November.

I think we already exposed you as a covert Heat/Lebron fan.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:

Oh, come on. Try to at least act like you're out of junior high school.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:

Oh, come on. Try to at least act like you're out of junior high school.

Right, and Nike didn't try to cover up that tape. We know the LBJ agents are out there.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:

My theory is that PG is losing his legs by guarding the other team's best defender every night, and every minute of the game. No one does that. Like last night, he played Monta Ellis the whole game. Jordan didn't do that, Lebron doesn't do it...KD doesn't do it...and the reason is it affects your legs, and thus, your offense.

I think Vogel will eventually make the adjustment, and just play George on their best player maybe late in the 4th quarter. I wouldn't mind this continuing though, because if George becomes unhappy he might just demand a trade...and you know where he will come knocking...time to come home George.

George's defense is what sets him apart, his offense really isn't anywhere near enough for the rest on d treatment to be worth it.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
LakerCity wrote:

I'm going to sleep.

Are you responding to the right person? Steve mentioned the pedestrian teammates and that was 2005-2007.

I saw this line in bold and had to take a nap.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:

Jordan didn't. Lebron doesn't.

KOBE DID

are you even a laker fan
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

Paul George is overrated. Show me you can beat Lebron in a series, and then I'll start TALKING about how he might be better than Lebron.

Until then, he's a distant 2nd in terms of star sg/sfs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:

And I bet your dad can beat up his dad.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Jordan didn't. Lebron doesn't.

KOBE DID

are you even a laker fan

Bruce Bowen did, Artest did, lots of players did.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Paul George is overrated. Show me you can beat Lebron in a series, and then I'll start TALKING about how he might be better than Lebron.

Until then, he's a distant 2nd in terms of star sg/sfs.

That is over where I would draw the line when comparing two players. It would be the Pacers beating the Heat, not George beating Lebron. Inserting team accomplishments into a discussion of individuals doesn't make sense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: