2 things:
1: If Pau Gasol realized there 2 halves to a game
2: If our idiotic players learned that turnovers are bad

then we'd be awesome!
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I actually enjoy hack a Dwight when he's not in a Laker uniform.
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
here's a guy who averaged 27-6-6 in his 17th season and just because he got a big contract the best way people here can describe him is "That broken down washed up 35 year old albatross." Sure its a bad contract but is it really that big of a deal to where Kobe's career is void and he can't be talked about positively or in a way that implies he has influence over the franchise? If you like kobe you're not a real laker fan anymore? No one even knows what the FO's plan is to workaround Kobe's deal. That logic is a JOKE. I don't appreciate not being called a Laker fan because Im obsessed with the purple and gold. Sure Kobe is the star I grew up watching and is my favorite player, but I have just as many fond memories of the role players, coaches, and other stars as I do of Kobe. To call me a Kobe first fan is a joke, I don't even like his contract I just don't think the Lakers are gonna crumble because of it

It's hard when you throw away 40% of your cap money on a guy that won't be anywhere near a max player due to injuries.

It is also very suspect that the Lakers did it without a health check.

You can't trust Kobe to evaluate himself. He breaks bones and thinks they are minor issues.

Lakers got screwed. Kobe and his agent came up. End of story.

If he is hurt anymore this year or next year the contract will be even worse.

Wait a minute. Who's to say they didnt do it without a health check? I understand they did it before he played a game, but his injury was healed and he was cleared by doctors. To even imply the Lakers completely neglected any and all medical reports and just threw $$$$ at Kobe is ridiculous. These guys are professionals, not internet posters, I'm sure they thought to give insight into his medical condition before giving him the contract. Injuries happen and are inevitable,Kobe has suffered injuries his whole career so for the Lakers to take the position of "We won't pay him because he's getting hurt now" makes no sense, he's always gotten hurt. Also we've only seen him play 6 games so who knows if we can be an elite player again or not. Ok he won't be worth max money anymore but honestly it was a pipe dream for people to think Kobe would take a huge pay cut. He was going to be overpaid on some scale regardless. It would've been naive to think the Lakers wouldn't put business implications into their offer for Kobe, especially after losing Dwight.

Lakers didnt get screwed, they offered him the deal. How did they get screwed? Kobe and his agents didnt trick the FO. I don't even see why you're bringing up his agent. The agent is always supposed to get the most money the agent didnt "come up" he did his job.

The Lakers can still sign max FA's. They are still operating as a business and will not be folding or going bankrupt because of Kobe's deal. We won't be in the lottery after this season and will be a contender next year. end of story.
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:

As a Lakers fan I root for the team to succeed. With a ridiculous contract like the one our front office gave Kobe, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Seems to me that your first priority is being a Kobe fan. It's ok, people are different. I'm a Lakers fan first and a player's fan second. You're the opposite.

the point is the contract was signed a while ago and you're still salty

You bet your ass I am. Giving a guy who just came off major surgery that ridiculous contract? Yikes.

Yea, Kobe is just "a guy who just came off major surgery" he's just another player #reallakerfan

You seem really butthurt like I refer Kobe as a human and not a god like yourself. Told you already. I am a Lakers fan FIRST. Using hashtag on a forum is pure idiotic by the way.

so you calling someone who's one of the greatest in his sport a "washed up 35 year old" is referring to him as a human, but me calling him "Kobe" is referring to him as a god? Wow, you're a clown

Was one of the greatest. He's washed up bro. The sooner you realized that, the better.

what are you, 12? You don't understand basic logic. if you think calling someone "washed up bum loser" is human and calling someone "Kobe" is God, you need to hop off the laker forums and go read a book. You literally are calling me a "Kobe first fan" because I don't wanna refer to him as some loser who's ruining the Lakers. FOH
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

3-4 years ago people were calling Tim Duncan washed up. Kobe played SIX GAMES after 8 months and someone thats the end all, be all evaluation of how well Kobe can play as his career winds down? How about letting him get healthy and adjust first before deciding. But hey, Kobe is just a washed up bum and the FO are losers. Just call me *** from LG is the real mastermind of how to run an NBA team
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Why did we lose?
Turnovers.
And who started it in the 3rd quarter?
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Why did we lose?
Turnovers.

we started off well but Kobe's contract ruined the momentum in the 3rd and we lost
310LAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

so what happen?
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
Was one of the greatest. He's washed up bro. The sooner you realized that, the better.

I don't know if he's "washed up," but he's definitely not worth being the highest paid player in the league, based upon where his performance level would seem to be with his mileage, age and recent injuries.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:

310LAKERS wrote:
so what happen?

we got closer to lottery pick?
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Why did we lose?
Turnovers.

Mr First Quarter.

I was really glad Stu and Bill talked about this issue tonight. It made the broadcast more bearable for me.
Knowledge
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
here's a guy who averaged 27-6-6 in his 17th season and just because he got a big contract the best way people here can describe him is "That broken down washed up 35 year old albatross." Sure its a bad contract but is it really that big of a deal to where Kobe's career is void and he can't be talked about positively or in a way that implies he has influence over the franchise? If you like kobe you're not a real laker fan anymore? No one even knows what the FO's plan is to workaround Kobe's deal. That logic is a JOKE. I don't appreciate not being called a Laker fan because Im obsessed with the purple and gold. Sure Kobe is the star I grew up watching and is my favorite player, but I have just as many fond memories of the role players, coaches, and other stars as I do of Kobe. To call me a Kobe first fan is a joke, I don't even like his contract I just don't think the Lakers are gonna crumble because of it

It's hard when you throw away 40% of your cap money on a guy that won't be anywhere near a max player due to injuries.

You can't trust Kobe to evaluate himself. He breaks bones and thinks they are minor issues.

Wait a minute. Who's to say they didnt do it without a health check? I understand they did it before he played a game, but his injury was healed and he was cleared by doctors. To even imply the Lakers completely neglected any and all medical reports and just threw $$$$ at Kobe is ridiculous. These guys are professionals, not internet posters, I'm sure they thought to give insight into his medical condition before giving him the contract. Injuries happen and are inevitable,Kobe has suffered injuries his whole career so for the Lakers to take the position of "We won't pay him because he's getting hurt now" makes no sense, he's always gotten hurt. Also we've only seen him play 6 games so who knows if we can be an elite player again or not. Ok he won't be worth max money anymore but honestly it was a pipe dream for people to think Kobe would take a huge pay cut. He was going to be overpaid on some scale regardless. It would've been naive to think the Lakers wouldn't put business implications into their offer for Kobe, especially after losing Dwight.

Lakers didnt get screwed, they offered him the deal. How did they get screwed? Kobe and his agents didnt trick the FO. I don't even see why you're bringing up his agent. The agent is always supposed to get the most money the agent didnt "come up" he did his job.

The Lakers can still sign max FA's. They are still operating as a business and will not be folding or going bankrupt because of Kobe's deal. We won't be in the lottery after this season and will be a contender next year. end of story.

Alright well if you want to change reality on the medical check by all means drink your own Kool-Aid.

And are you seriously kidding me. Of course the agent came up. He gets a cut. You think he's salary?

The roster will be garbage until the Lakers hit the hard reset. Looks like it's not coming for 2 more years.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Why did we lose?
Turnovers.

Lol, yeah, Pau's TO to start the third caused the dozen turnovers that followed. What a dumb thing to imply.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
At least we hit 30 pages

Not bad for a 5pm start! Found it to be much tougher to post to the game thread while on the 405 than I thought. Glad to see this uptick in activity.
lakerlgnd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Not the best 4 quarter team, possible best 2 quarter team?
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:

Alright well if you want to change reality on the medical check by all means drink your own Kool-Aid.

And are you seriously kidding me. Of course the agent came up. He gets a cut. You think he's salary?

The roster will be garbage until the Lakers hit the hard reset. Looks like it's not coming for 2 more years.

You're the who thinks you and the rest of LG are better medical evaluators than the Lakers and Kobe's doctors. You're the one who thinks you're a better GM and better at planning the next 2 years than the professionals. keep drinking YOUR own Kool-Aid

And no, the agent isn't on salary obviously. But what does he have to do with anything? You acting like the agents screwed over the Lakers. He was just doing his job agents come up on every deal they do stop acting like Kobe and his agent got away with highway robbery they were offered a deal and signed it. I love when people blame players for their salary or something.

And how do you know the Lakers will be garbage? They can still sign players and build a team with the contract. But no, the lakers FO is completely clueless while Knowledge from LG has the answers. You know for absolute fact the team will be garbage while the professionals have no idea. Damn. Who knew the bums got paid and the real geniuses sit on their laptops on LG?
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

after every crappy loss, i at-least get to enjoy some Maggio action, but not today.

that other broad threw me off, Jaime is there. kewl.

Last edited by crackadon on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject:

310LAKERS wrote:
so what happen?

nuthin' much...Bill McDonald talked about something throbbing...then the Lakers lost...
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Hard to keep up with other teams when half the roster is hurt or injured and the other half are 2nd and 3rd string players.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
Knowledge
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:

You're the who thinks you and the rest of LG are better medical evaluators than the Lakers and Kobe's doctors. You're the one who thinks you're a better GM and better at planning the next 2 years than the professionals. keep drinking YOUR own Kool-Aid

And no, the agent isn't on salary obviously. But what does he have to do with anything? You acting like the agents screwed over the Lakers. He was just doing his job agents come up on every deal they do stop acting like Kobe and his agent got away with highway robbery they were offered a deal and signed it. I love when people blame players for their salary or something.

And how do you know the Lakers will be garbage? They can still sign players and build a team with the contract. But no, the lakers FO is completely clueless while Knowledge from LG has the answers. You know for absolute fact the team will be garbage while the professionals have no idea. Damn. Who knew the bums got paid and the real geniuses sit on their laptops on LG?

Lol you would trust doctors not in your own network when investing millions of dollars?

You must be a business man.

Never said the agent screwed over the Lakers. He did his job.

It's funny you state clearly that the Lakers got ripped off but then all the rest of you argues it from Kobe's side.

Why do you even concede the point when you make no argument for it. It's a waste of time.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
epak wrote:
Why did we lose?
Turnovers.

Lol, yeah, Pau's TO to start the third caused the dozen turnovers that followed. What a dumb thing to imply.

Oh it's not follow the leader? Oops
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Alexisonfire26 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
We are a tanking machine! I love it. No stress. Just lose and get to the lottery.

I think were all on the same page now

WELL OILED!

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
YuruceWillis wrote:
Wonder whats going through Kobe's head as hes watching this

I wonder what was going through our front office head when they gave a broken down Kobe that ridiculous contract.

keep crying

I will for the next couple of seasons since they thought it was a good idea to pay a guy who can't even jump anymore 24 million a year.

so you know Kobe can't jump anymore because.....you watched him play 6 games after not playing for 8 months? Oh ok. Keep crying

I already told you that I will for the next couple of seasons due to paying a ridiculous amount to a washed up 35 year old.

a washed up 35 year old? Yup, after 17 years I guess thats the best way to refer to Kobe. The washed up 35 year old, can't even call him by his name. So you're committed to crying and can't respect legends of the team you apparently root for. What a fan you are. Just call you ......a crying fake laker fan?

I'm a Lakers fan, not just a Kobe fan like yourself. Duh.

Keep it up and you'll be crying on some other message board.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:

Playing Miss Cleo, eh? And have you ever heard of insurance? You think Kobe's salary could be insured if he hadn't been checked?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33
Jump to: