Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sad times for USC, bet they wish they still had Pete Caroll instead of his crappy assistants.

i wouldnt say that.. USC just started with sark i think next year they'll have more weapons at their disposal, you cant expect them to be amazing right off the bat. UCLA (neutral fan here, didnt go to either school) is a team going in a different direction and besides that, they wont contend for a championship either, oregon is a monster team and if the pac-12 conference game is in eugene then ucla has no chance and has to hope oregon misses the team bus. ACC/SEC conference teams are built to win championships

The pac 12 championship game is in Santa Clara.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sad times for USC, bet they wish they still had Pete Caroll instead of his crappy assistants.

i wouldnt say that.. USC just started with sark i think next year they'll have more weapons at their disposal, you cant expect them to be amazing right off the bat. UCLA (neutral fan here, didnt go to either school) is a team going in a different direction and besides that, they wont contend for a championship either, oregon is a monster team and if the pac-12 conference game is in eugene then ucla has no chance and has to hope oregon misses the team bus. ACC/SEC conference teams are built to win championships

Halfway in-between, though I'd imagine the stadium will somehow still favor Oregon.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Halfway in-between, though I'd imagine the stadium will somehow still favor Oregon.

I know. Oregon is tough and would likely be favored by 7 or more, but we finally look like we know what we're doing so I think we have a chance.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

I know. Oregon is tough and would likely be favored by 7 or more, but we finally look like we know what we're doing so I think we have a chance.

Agreed. Have to play smart and play like the Wildcats did earlier in the season. We can score against Oregon, but the pass rush and coverage has to work in tandem. We were mostly dominant against U$C, but that's not enough. Have to play all 4 quarters with that consistent level.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

Agreed. Have to play smart and play like the Wildcats did earlier in the season. We can score against Oregon, but the pass rush and coverage has to work in tandem. We were mostly dominant against U$C, but that's not enough. Have to play all 4 quarters with that consistent level.

I'm pulling for Oregon. Since Stanford sucks this season, my next priority is to have a Pac 12 team make the BCS playoff. Even if UCLA does beat the Ducks, they'll not make the playoff.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

I'm pulling for Oregon. Since Stanford sucks this season, my next priority is to have a Pac 12 team make the BCS playoff. Even if UCLA does beat the Ducks, they'll not make the playoff.

There's still a decent possibility that if UCLA beats Oregon, they get into the playoff. It appears the committee has been very high on the Pac-12 to begin with this year and they'll put the Pac-12 winner in. Not surprising seeing as at least 5 of the 13 member committee (actually 12 with Archie Manning abstaining for illness), has supposed or clear ties to the Pac-12 either by former employment, family, or history.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

anything is possible in CFB, personally im rooting for florida state

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Sark needs a few years to get the recruits he wants and to get them familiar with his style. He got thrown into a program that had been recruiting for a pro style offense. The main piece will be a QB who is a proper running threat.

i agree, the problem is in college they have less time to develop than they do in pro. UCLA got really lucky with Hundley, he is as versatile as it gets but hard to tell whether or not his game will transition well enough, usually its either your in or your not right away (remember im a netural fan so if you take any ucla/usc talk offensively dont take it the wrong way)

IMO Hundley is going to struggle in the pros. And he also gets hit way too much which will be an even bigger problem there. He is talented though, so the potential is there, but I've never been as impressed with him as I've been with some of the other college qbs. And the pro qbs are even better. It's hard for me to imagine Hundley trying to outplay someone like Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. Even the average starting NFL qb looks far better as a pocket passer than he does.

Last edited by Steve007 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Sark needs a few years to get the recruits he wants and to get them familiar with his style. He got thrown into a program that had been recruiting for a pro style offense. The main piece will be a QB who is a proper running threat.

I think a far bigger problem for Sark this year is the limited number of players they have on scholarship. Next season I don't think people will buy the excuse that he didn't get enough time to recruit his own type of players. Not when he is at a school like USC.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

I'm not assuming that UCLA is going to beat Stanford yet. UCLA has struggled with them since Mora took over. Probably the most similar opponent that UCLA has played this season was Utah and UCLA lost that game. Even this weaker Stanford team is not a pushover.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

^The scheduling of this game on the day after Thanksgiving seems odd, hope the Bruin faithful show up at the Rose Bowl. Mora needs his team to stay on mission and beat the (bleep) (bleep) out of 'furd.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^The scheduling of this game on the day after Thanksgiving seems odd, hope the Bruin faithful show up at the Rose Bowl. Mora needs his team to stay on mission and beat the (bleep) (bleep) out of 'furd.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:

I thought this was a tough game for UCLA, but I didn't think it would be THIS tough. They look terrible against Stanford. What a massive choke. I think it's over.

I'm hoping Arizona wins bevause I'd like to see an Oregon-Arizona matchup after Arizona has beaten them twice in a row. Either Oregon gets revenge or Arizona beats them 3 times in a row.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:

UCLA gets dismantled at home....guess another crappy Bowl game for them to end the season.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

We suck at home this year (3-3). Can't win the battle in the trenches and were poorly coached. 0 fire and heart today. Hundley's stock is dropping and he really should stay another year especially if that injury is severe enough to further affect his stock. Disappointment all around. Shouldn't have gone to this game because it was a waste (though I guess the short ribs evened things out).

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
We suck at home this year (3-3). Can't win the battle in the trenches and were poorly coached. 0 fire and heart today. Hundley's stock is dropping and he really should stay another year especially if that injury is severe enough to further affect his stock. Disappointment all around. Shouldn't have gone to this game because it was a waste (though I guess the short ribs evened things out).

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Well, it's not exactly good for the Pac-12. Oregon now has to face Arizona again, who have beaten the Ducks in the last two meetings. If history repeats itself again, no Pac-12 team is making the playoffs.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject:

ROLL TIDE ROLL. That is all.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Well, it's not exactly good for the Pac-12. Oregon now has to face Arizona again, who have beaten the Ducks in the last two meetings. If history repeats itself again, no Pac-12 team is making the playoffs.

Hopefully, Ore beats AZ. But just anytime Stanford beats UCLA, it makes me happy. I'll send you a PM explaining why I hate UCLA.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

I'm a long time advocate of an eight team playoff, so I'm loving this. If Auburn had beaten Alabama, the SEC would already be pretty much eliminated from the playoff. If Missouri pulls off the upset (which is not a stretch, given how well they've been playing lately), it could still happen.

So if Arizona upsets Oregon, we could actually see a playoff lineup consisting of Florida State, TCU, Baylor, and Ohio State. That would be just priceless.

I'm with Todd Graham on this one. Eight team playoff. Automatic bids for the champions of the power five conferences. Three at-large bids picked by the committee. Seeding by the committee. It makes so much sense. I have no particular agenda here, either. I'm an alumnus of Rice, which plays in Conference USA and would get into the playoff mix only if there was a national disaster.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

So what do we think about the Bo Pelini firing?

My take is that Nebraska is struggling between delusion and reality. I thought they were delusional when they moved from the Big 12 to the Big 10. They didn't fully appreciate how it would affect their recruiting, plus they thought that they would dominate the Big 10. Now they find themselves with declining national relevance as an above average team in a the fourth or fifth strongest conference. The money may be good, but the natives are getting restless.

They remind me of Notre Dame and a few other schools. They are enraptured by their tradition, but then one day you realize (in the case of Nebraska) that you haven't won a national title in almost 20 years and that you haven't finished in the top 10 in over a decade. It's all about recruiting, and the kids aren't enraptured by playing in the corn belt.

So yeah, it's time to fire the coach. That'll fix things. Sure thing.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm a long time advocate of an eight team playoff, so I'm loving this. If Auburn had beaten Alabama, the SEC would already be pretty much eliminated from the playoff. If Missouri pulls off the upset (which is not a stretch, given how well they've been playing lately), it could still happen.

So if Arizona upsets Oregon, we could actually see a playoff lineup consisting of Florida State, TCU, Baylor, and Ohio State. That would be just priceless.

I'm with Todd Graham on this one. Eight team playoff. Automatic bids for the champions of the power five conferences. Three at-large bids picked by the committee. Seeding by the committee. It makes so much sense. I have no particular agenda here, either. I'm an alumnus of Rice, which plays in Conference USA and would get into the playoff mix only if there was a national disaster.

I don't think Ohio State has a shot anymore. The committee isn't going to let a team sneak in with a 3rd string QB with no experience.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Oregon was missing people in their o-line last time the teams met. Arizona will see a tougher version of Oregon this time.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Ha! Stanford beats UCLA and we have a Pac 12 team in the playoff!
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I don't think Ohio State has a shot anymore. The committee isn't going to let a team sneak in with a 3rd string QB with no experience.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13
Jump to: