True Detective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject:

Season 3 just started. I skipped season 2, so looking forward to this one, has some yellow king vibes to it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Will be interested to see this season. I didn’t hate two as bad as most people, but it seemed Pizzolatto became a little full of himself, ran out of ideas, or both. It was kind of like watching Tarantino in time lapse. Apparently David Milch helped him with this season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

I didn't catch what they did with the pedophile. Last I saw he was in the trunk and they were discussing what to do with him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Just saw episode 1 .... good pace and feel to it. Like the different time/years jumping back and forth.

Looks promising.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I didn't catch what they did with the pedophile. Last I saw he was in the trunk and they were discussing what to do with him.

I don't think they have shown us yet. The last we saw on that timeline, they just finished threatening him at the "interrogation point" and then got called to the purcell place.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't think they have shown us yet. The last we saw on that timeline, they just finished threatening him at the "interrogation point" and then got called to the purcell place.

I remember them showing a woman the doll. They told her she wouldn't be seeing him again.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I remember them showing a woman the doll. They told her she wouldn't be seeing him again.

In last night's episode, when old Hays dead wife appears to him and tells him, “You’re worried what they’ll find. What you left in the woods. Finish it,”

I wonder if that was the guy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

In last night's episode, when old Hays dead wife appears to him and tells him, “You’re worried what they’ll find. What you left in the woods. Finish it,”

I thought that was about the missing kids. Maybe something he found in the bag and didn't include it. Or maybe he didn't kill the pedophile. He may have him stashed in the woods.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I thought that was about the missing kids. Maybe something he found in the bag and didn't include it. Or maybe he didn't kill the pedophile. He may have him stashed in the woods.
yeah, he’s been stashed out there for 30 years.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Bones don't decay.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Bones don't decay.

Wait, you said he didn’t kill him, just stashed him, so he’s alive, having eaten his feet and bugs for thirty years.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Bones don't decay.

Wait, you said he didn’t kill him, just stashed him, so he’s alive, having eaten his feet and bugs for thirty years.

Nope, maybe he was keeping him alive. Using a Trumpism "Well see what happens." Just a thought.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

have to pay attention....these 3 different timelines the show bounces between can become confusing if you are not paying close attention.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
have to pay attention....these 3 different timelines the show bounces between can become confusing if you are not paying close attention.

Westworld is the worst show when it comes to this. Last season. Telling multiple timelines out of order was their whole gimmick. It almost made the season unwatchable for me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

True. Those timelines are the reason I'm theorizing about the disappearance of the pedophile. When Amelia asked was he worried about what they would find in the woods was then. It was the old Wayne Hayes recounting the memory. That's now. I theory he's holding the pedo hostage in the woods, then.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

True Detective and Counterpart really take the sting out of those Sunday night Laker losses. Ali/Dorff make a really good pairing. I may have to watch S1 again to compare them to Harrelson/McConaughey.

Still no clue who the killer might be. The priest seems too obvious.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
True Detective and Counterpart really take the sting out of those Sunday night Laker losses. Ali/Dorff make a really good pairing. I may have to watch S1 again to compare them to Harrelson/McConaughey.

I'll have to binge Counterpart. Haven't watched this season. I have it recorded.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I'll have to binge Counterpart. Haven't watched this season. I have it recorded.

Then prepare for more time jumps. Counterpart S2 is full of em but they paid off in Ep 6 when the origins of the crossing is revealed. That episode was so good, I watched it twice.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Westworld is the worst show when it comes to this. Last season. Telling multiple timelines out of order was their whole gimmick. It almost made the season unwatchable for me.

It was perfection in season one, but felt a little overdone in season two.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Never could get into Westworld. Of course I wasn't into BB until the second season. Had to binge season 1 to catch up.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It was perfection in season one, but felt a little overdone in season two.

So much this and you're being VERY kind to S2.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Hayes and West keep talking about what they had done. I'm thinking they killed the pedo. It looks like the show is moving into the now.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hayes and West keep talking about what they had done. I'm thinking they killed the pedo. It looks like the show is moving into the now.

Which timeline was this?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Which timeline was this?

Now, episode 5. I watched it today. I'm assuming it's been aired. I hope I'm not ruining it.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Which timeline was this?

Now, episode 5. I watched it today. I'm assuming it's been aired. I hope I'm not ruining it.

They released the newest episode (scheduled for super bowl sunday) today because they figured people wont watch on super bowl sunday.

But before episode 5 they have been talking about mistakes in both past timelines, the 80's and 90's.

Is there an innocent man in jail for the murder in the present timeline or was it an unsolved murder? In the 80's there is the possibility of Ted the pedo being the mistake. Then there is the creepy cousin/uncle who turned up in the quarry who could be one of the mistakes. Also if there is an innocent man who went to jail maybe they allowed it to happen because they didnt want anyone to know they killed who they thought was guilty.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24
Jump to: