True Detective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

They released the newest episode (scheduled for super bowl sunday) today because they figured people wont watch on super bowl sunday.

But before episode 5 they have been talking about mistakes in both past timelines, the 80's and 90's.

Is there an innocent man in jail for the murder in the present timeline or was it an unsolved murder? In the 80's there is the possibility of Ted the pedo being the mistake. Then there is the creepy cousin/uncle who turned up in the quarry who could be one of the mistakes. Also if there is an innocent man who went to jail maybe they allowed it to happen because they didnt want anyone to know they killed who they thought was guilty.

Oh, didn't know they released E5 early. Smart of HBO. Appreciate the heads up.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Man, still can't get thru the first couple episodes... boooring (which episode do I gotta get to for the good part to start?)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Man, still can't get thru the first couple episodes... boooring (which episode do I gotta get to for the good part to start?)

If you connect the pass to present the weave causes you to think and wonder where the story's going. E5 seems to be the beginning of the unravelling.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject:

1. Hayes thinks West was married because of what he thinks is a dinner where he met his wife.

2. West says he was never married

3. Hayes thinks the mother knew the "Culprit' because he finally reads in his wife's book that "There was never laughter in the house"

4. Only 2 people know there was never laughter in the house - The mother and Hayes wife.

5. Hayes and West "killed" somebody

6.Both Hayes and West don't want the truth to be known about what they did.

7. The implication is that both Hayes and West might have believed that the fsmily may have kidnapped the kids that were never actually theirs.

8. Sooooo who is it that West and Hayes may have killed?

9. The "Dad" isn't featured in the "current" discussions. Hmmmm, where did he go? What happened to him?

10. If Hayes and West did actually kill someone, why would they still have concerns as old men?

Connect the dots...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
SumminFunny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

4 episodes in. Not one appearance by Ace Ventura. I’m out.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

3. Hayes thinks the mother knew the "Culprit' because he finally reads in his wife's book that "There was never laughter in the house"

4. Only 2 people know there was never laughter in the house - The mother and Hayes wife.

The wife's cousin also knew it was a very unhappy household. It's also possible the wife may have confided in the priest. The priest is also connected to the prayer pose the son's body was found in and it was his church sale where the dolls were purchased.

What's seems obvious is the kids knew the killer and trusted them enough to meet them in the woods and lie to their father about where they were going. In addition to the note about "kids shud laugh", there were the toys found in the woods, the dice game the son was playing, and little notes the daughter kept in her room.

I don't know about West but Hays killed Woodard who we now was the one the police pinned for the murders based on the seemingly planted evidence.

I don't believe Hays/West killed the pedo, especially since they had confirmed his alibi with the daycare center for the night of the murder. I think they just made the threats to keep him from reporting them for the kidnapping and torture.

This whole thing with the possible conspiracy with the planted and lost evidence, this mysterious upscale brown sedan reported around the neighborhood at the time of murder, and the how chicken processing plant figures into this has me in circles though.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
how chicken processing plant figures into this has me in circles though.

There have been a couple things that happened "two years ago" in the 80's timeline. The mom left the food plant 1 or 2 years ago she says. The pedophile, Lagrange got out of prison 2 years ago. The owner of Hoyt foods started the foundation after losing his grand daughter two years ago. Some have also pointed out that Lagrange's clothing looks like the uniforms worn at Hoyt foods. With the fancy car seen around town it could be the Hoyt's stealing the girl to replace the lost grand daughter?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
how chicken processing plant figures into this has me in circles though.

There have been a couple things that happened "two years ago" in the 80's timeline. The mom left the food plant 1 or 2 years ago she says. The pedophile, Lagrange got out of prison 2 years ago. The owner of Hoyt foods started the foundation after losing his grand daughter two years ago. Some have also pointed out that Lagrange's clothing looks like the uniforms worn at Hoyt foods. With the fancy car seen around town it could be the Hoyt's stealing the girl to replace the lost grand daughter?

I have similar thoughts. I recall a conversation between Old Hays and the reporter where she talked about the connection between large scale pedophile rings being connected to people of influence in that area.

Old Hays thought the mother wrote the "children shud laugh" note. Maybe Aussiesuede is right about her involvement in the abduction of the daughter but I can't help wonder about her cousin's involvement because of the peep hole they found looking into the daughter's room. I don't think the cousin was keeping the daughter because in the 90s timeline, one of the detectives said he was in jail for a few years in between the 80s and 90s. He also said he was in Vegas about a year before the mother OD'd. Then the cousin goes missing the same year the grown up daughter is discovered alive and his body is found years later.

The mother confided to Amelia that she hated her home life. Could she have tried to give away her own kids to the owner of Hoyt foods so she could be free of them?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Wow, really great new episode this week. I think we should wait til Wednesday or so before discussing to avoid spoilers and allow people to catch up. But definitely worth catching up now if you have been holding off imo. Only two episode left.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Wow, really great new episode this week. I think we should wait til Wednesday or so before discussing to avoid spoilers and allow people to catch up. But definitely worth catching up now if you have been holding off imo. Only two episode left.

Do you feel like you have a good grasp on what is going on? Honestly, I still feel like I have missed something....just do not feel like I am 100% sure what is taking place. Hope the last 2 episodes can pull it together for me.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Do you feel like you have a good grasp on what is going on? Honestly, I still feel like I have missed something....just do not feel like I am 100% sure what is taking place. Hope the last 2 episodes can pull it together for me.

Not at all. Dialing in some theories a little closer, but still wondering how the ancillary players are involved and their motivation.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Not at all. Dialing in some theories a little closer, but still wondering how the ancillary players are involved and their motivation.

The only reason I don't feel lost is because I went back and binged ep1-5 over the last rainy weekend and this time I was sober.

Thought they gave away a lot in this episode but with only two left they've gotta start wrapping things up. To me, the most important ancillary player hasn't appeared yet and they were only mentioned briefly in one scene early in the series.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

The only reason I don't feel lost is because I went back and binged ep1-5 over the last rainy weekend and this time I was sober.

Thought they gave away a lot in this episode but with only two left they've gotta start wrapping things up. To me, the most important ancillary player hasn't appeared yet and they were only mentioned briefly in one scene early in the series.

Things like how did they get Woodard to do what he did, I think he was made to that. Do they have the DA or other cops in on it besides the one we saw in Episode 5, and is the cop only doing it for money or are they threatening to out him as gay as well, etc. Is Hays wife involved and at what level with what motivation. The one eyed man. The pumpkin lady.

Also saw something that said Michael Rooker will be playing Mr. Hoyt.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

There was reference to a pink room where Julie supposedly lived. Episode six closed showing the room. The pastor was behind Tom, who says "What the hell Julie!" Closing in on maybe the pastor being the one who killed the children. I'm fixated on what Hayes and West did in the woods. I think they killed the pedo and buried him in the woods. I trust all questions will answered in the finale.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Things like how did they get Woodard to do what he did, I think he was made to that. Do they have the DA or other cops in on it besides the one we saw in Episode 5, and is the cop only doing it for money or are they threatening to out him as gay as well, etc. Is Hays wife involved and at what level with what motivation. The one eyed man. The pumpkin lady.

Also saw something that said Michael Rooker will be playing Mr. Hoyt.

I love how the writers used our own societal perceptions to lead us down these dead ends: The creepy loner, the uncle, the Catholic priest, the convicted pedophile, and now the dad. In real life wouldn't these be the first ones we suspect?

I don't know if Woodard was coerced or not. No one knew he was gonna snap like that and probably didn't know about his cache of assault weapons and explosives. I think it was just an opportunity that arose to scapegoat someone who was already a suspect in the public's minds.

If anyone else in law enforcement is involved in the crime or cover-up I'd guess the attorney general but that's another perception based on him being a politician and the actor portraying him. He's always playing some kind of d-bag.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

Woodard just seemed unusual that he would go out like that and basically plan his suicide when he has children who seem to love him. He could've simply snapped but I wouldn't be surprised if he was threatened in to doing it.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
There was reference to a pink room where Julie supposedly lived. Episode six closed showing the room. The pastor was behind Tom, who says "What the hell Julie!" Closing in on maybe the pastor being the one who killed the children. I'm fixated on what Hayes and West did in the woods. I think they killed the pedo and buried him in the woods. I trust all questions will answered in the finale.

That was the ex-cop who moved up to chief security officer in the 90's for Hoyt food, and who was working nights at Hoyt foods during the late 70's and early 80's who we find out in 2015 has seemingly disappeared off the face of the planet after 1990. Harris James.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That was the ex-cop who moved up to chief security officer in the 90's for Hoyt food, and who was working nights at Hoyt foods during the late 70's and early 80's who we find out in 2015 has seemingly disappeared off the face of the planet after 1990. Harris James.

Oh OK! I thought it was the pastor. Man, then and now has me baffled. So many characters to keep up with.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Oh OK! I thought it was the pastor. Man, then and now has me baffled. So many characters to keep up with.

I am reading through posts and am like...."Oh that was the pastor, I thought that was the cop turned Security Director"......then I stop to try to think how that new news may alter any perceptions. Then I continue reading, and learn I was right in the first place....it was the Corporate Security Director.....realizing I wasted a few minutes considering it was the pastor.

So I get it was a pink room, and she had mentioned to people about pink rooms....but what did he see that made him say her name? I do not recall the dad being privy to any information about the mentioned pink room?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Popular opinion seems to be that Tom saw a portrait of Julie.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

also, what was up with the manikin with the violin/guitar strings?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Where did that show up? On the Hoyt estate?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Where did that show up? On the Hoyt estate?

holy crap...nevermind, I crossed up two creepy shows I am watching! The manikin part is in the TNT series "I Am the Night".
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Makes sense.

I wonder if the Hoyt security guy (Harris James) is the person Hays/West killed? Maybe it's just the couch detective talking but when the reporter asked Old Hays i he knew James went missing during the 1990 investigation(ep5), he looked uncomfortable and gave kind of a cryptic answer. The reporter even suggested he might have ended up like the wife's cousin (Dan).

During 1990 Hays/West's interview with Dan, he smiled as told them he and Tom's wife "shared a lot of milestones growing up" after she came to live with his family. Tom's mother believed Julie wasn't really Tom's daughter and 1990 Julie doesn't believe Tom is either. Who would have told her that that she would believe?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Makes sense.

I wonder if the Hoyt security guy (Harris James) is the person Hays/West killed? Maybe it's just the couch detective talking but when the reporter asked Old Hays i he knew James went missing during the 1990 investigation(ep5), he looked uncomfortable and gave kind of a cryptic answer. The reporter even suggested he might have ended up like the wife's cousin (Dan).

During 1990 Hays/West's interview with Dan, he smiled as told them he and Tom's wife "shared a lot of milestones growing up" after she came to live with his family. Tom's mother believed Julie wasn't really Tom's daughter and 1990 Julie doesn't believe Tom is either. Who would have told her that that she would believe?

Yeah that sounds probable. I think West and Hays also refer to Harris' wife as his widow suggesting they know he is dead.

Have we been told that Tom is dead? The reporter in 2015 says a few names, including Tom and all the others on her list are dead. But she doesn't explicitly say the list is of dead people.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24
Jump to: