***Official Tank Thread*** (Lakers finish season w/6th best lottery odds)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 265, 266, 267  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Lakers will be in the lottery next year too.

No we won't. The Suns will.

Suns will get the pick, but Lakers will miss the playoffs is the point.
GoldenThroat

dirka dirka wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Unless Kobe misses almost the entire season again, we'll probably be in the teens instead of in the 6th spot next year.

I don't think he will ever be 100% healthy. Even with Kobe playing, his impact on the game is not what it use to be, particularly defensively. The rest of the team won't improve much either with their 2015 plan. I pretty much see more of the same.

Why do people automatically assume that Kobe is going to be damn near handicapped? He's going to have had *a lot* of rest. Just last season, he seemingly turned back the hands of time with rim rattling dunks and whatnot. I understand he's coming off an injury. but the way some of you are talking - he'll be going from 100% of himself to about 30% in the span of 2 years.

I don't buy it.

Super human Kobe got us 42 wins in 2006 with a much better team than what we have now. That'd put us at 10th in the western conference this year.

I don't know about that. The third best player on that team might have been Smush Parker.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

GoldenThroat wrote:
24 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Is it too early to start next year's tank thread?

Nope.

The "Team Tank Too" thread is definitely on the table depending on the results of 5/20/14... Anti-Tankers trolling this one (They know who they are) will sit and type in that thread in disgust after their Melo/LeBron dreams are crushed.

If we couldn't get into the Top 5 with Kobe playing 6 games this season and most of the roster consisting of one year rentals, it's definitely not happening next year. Plus, next year's draft isn't nearly as strong.

if we're like 20-30 50 games through next year ; wouldnt that warrant a tank thread?

Phoenix gets our pick if it's outside of the Top 5. If we're a .400 team through 50 games, there'd be almost no chance of that happening.

Seems like some folks got a real taste for this losing thing...

Haha. I just don't think they know that we don't own our pick unless it's Top 5.

No... No... No. I think most do know. It's been well documented throughout this thread after all that it's a protected pick. The posts you're getting tonight is a result more or less of a pissed off fan base.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Unless Kobe misses almost the entire season again, we'll probably be in the teens instead of in the 6th spot next year.

I don't think he will ever be 100% healthy. Even with Kobe playing, his impact on the game is not what it use to be, particularly defensively. The rest of the team won't improve much either with their 2015 plan. I pretty much see more of the same.

Why do people automatically assume that Kobe is going to be damn near handicapped? He's going to have had *a lot* of rest. Just last season, he seemingly turned back the hands of time with rim rattling dunks and whatnot. I understand he's coming off an injury. but the way some of you are talking - he'll be going from 100% of himself to about 30% in the span of 2 years.

I don't buy it.

Super human Kobe got us 42 wins in 2006 with a much better team than what we have now. That'd put us at 10th in the western conference this year.

I don't know about that. The third best player on that team might have been Smush Parker.

Who is on our team right now? Sacre is our third best player?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers can take on around 14 mil in contracts going into the following season (beside Kobe and the draft pick), and still have room to sign Love in 15. Then there are 1 year deals. Hard to imagine they will be anything approaching this year's team.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Lakers can take on around 14 mil in contracts going into the following season (beside Kobe and the draft pick), and still have room to sign Love in 15. Then there are 1 year deals. Hard to imagine they will be anything approaching this year's team.

Sounds exactly like this years team, maybe worse.
thetruthteller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers stay at 6, is there a chance Exum will drop to them ? Or does Boston take him for sure ?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:

Really? This year's team was constructed with the mmle and vet minimums and no draft picks. Tons of cap room, a high pick, and then a room mle sounds exactly like that. Yup.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
24 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Is it too early to start next year's tank thread?

Nope.

The "Team Tank Too" thread is definitely on the table depending on the results of 5/20/14... Anti-Tankers trolling this one (They know who they are) will sit and type in that thread in disgust after their Melo/LeBron dreams are crushed.

If we couldn't get into the Top 5 with Kobe playing 6 games this season and most of the roster consisting of one year rentals, it's definitely not happening next year. Plus, next year's draft isn't nearly as strong.

if we're like 20-30 50 games through next year ; wouldnt that warrant a tank thread?

Phoenix gets our pick if it's outside of the Top 5. If we're a .400 team through 50 games, there'd be almost no chance of that happening.

Seems like some folks got a real taste for this losing thing...

Haha. I just don't think they know that we don't own our pick unless it's Top 5.

No... No... No. I think most do know. It's been well documented throughout this thread after all that it's a protected pick. The posts you're getting tonight is a result more or less of a pissed off fan base.

yup. but idk if its pissed off about this draft , or just not optimistic about bringing in players

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bhefstherqq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject:

thetruthteller wrote:
If the Lakers stay at 6, is there a chance Exum will drop to them ? Or does Boston take him for sure ?

no magic He will pick exum
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:

Hill and Gasol are probably gone. Sacre and Kelly starting on the front-line. Sounds about right. This is all assuming we don't get a top 3 pick. If Lakers get Embiid and sign Stephenson I can see them being better.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:

Really? This year's team was constructed with the mmle and vet minimums and no draft picks. Tons of cap room, a high pick, and then a room mle sounds exactly like that. Yup.

And guys like Jordan Hill/Pau Gasol. Yup.

You think we'll just get lucky with more vet minimums and have a rookie play out of his mind in his first season?

Let's just say I don't have much faith. I've seen the FA market, it's pretty lame unless we land Lebron.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:

Hill and Gasol are probably gone. Sacre and Kelly starting on the front-line. Sounds about right. This is all assuming we don't get a top 3 pick. If Lakers get Embiid and sign Stephenson I can see them being better.

Assuming Embiid isn't injured half the season and Stephenson is much better than he is now. Still don't have much of a team around them.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I don't buy it.

We're not going to have 3 players under contract when we start next year. Pretty sure that whomever the third best player on the team is next year, he'll be better than Smush Parker.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

thetruthteller wrote:

Boston is going to take BPA.

Looking at teams like Milwaukee, Philly, Boston, Utah, and Orlando, it's hard to imagine Exum really falling. But then again, crazier things have happened. I know Orlando last year was in love with Marcus Smart. I know teams like the Bucks or Utah would love to get a guy like Parker. Wouldn't put it past a team to reach on Vonleh either. Anything can happen and mock drafts are not the final say. Teams have different draft prospect rankings. Last year not a lot of people thought Bennett would go number one and Zeller number four.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject:

^Problem is our best player now (Kobe) is not nearly as good as our best player then (Kobe).
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I don't buy it.

We're not going to have 3 players under contract when we start next year. Pretty sure that whomever the third best player on the team is next year, he'll be better than Smush Parker.

Healthy? Maybe. Take a look around the Western Conference and all the talent those teams have accumulated. I somehow doubt we're in for a short turn around.

Could it happen? Guess so.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Since every top draft pick said they would love to play in LA, why wouldn't one of them force their way here (with our behind the scenes permission). Isn't that how we got kobe? Didn't he tell other teams he would play overseas if he couldn't play in LA?
thetruthteller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject:

TheElectronica wrote:
thetruthteller wrote:

Boston is going to take BPA.

Looking at teams like Milwaukee, Philly, Boston, Utah, and Orlando, it's hard to imagine Exum really falling. But then again, crazier things have happened. I know Orlando last year was in love with Marcus Smart. I know teams like the Bucks or Utah would love to get a guy like Parker. Wouldn't put it past a team to reach on Vonleh either. Anything can happen and mock drafts are not the final say. Teams have different draft prospect rankings. Last year not a lot of people thought Bennett would go number one and Zeller number four.

True sir. And even if the first 4 players are, Wiggins-Embiid-Parker-Randle, at 5 Boston could very well take Vonleh over Exum. Vonleh is a Big, and he was born and raised in Boston. And that MIGHT entice the Celtics to take a Boston Home Boy. Maybe they will feel he will be easier to keep once a free agent....Maybe ??
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Healthy? Maybe. Take a look around the Western Conference and all the talent those teams have accumulated. I somehow doubt we're in for a short turn around.

Could it happen? Guess so.

I agree, but that's a different discussion.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

WTF man, utah won today against Minny?
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Haven't been following this thread. So what are the odds we get a top 3 pick? top 4 pick?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Haven't been following this thread. So what are the odds we get a top 3 pick? top 4 pick?

21.5% top 3. Can't end up at 4
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

Odds for top 3 pick are 21.5%

http://www.tankathon.com
Potato-Mania
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

No we won't. The Suns will.

Suns will get the pick, but Lakers will miss the playoffs is the point.

I believe the pick is top 5 protected next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 265, 266, 267  Next
Page 266 of 267
Jump to: