Here we are 1 year later with the same record as last year!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we better this year then last year
Hell yeah!
66%
 66%  [ 18 ]
Nope!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Kobe is having to play Godlike to keep us on pace wth last years team
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Here we are 1 year later with the same record as last year!

This time last year we were 1 game better, a win tonight against toronto puts us in the same boat!? Last years team didnt fo on long run like this team has but then last year we didnt have 5 and 3 game losing streaks. We were a solid 6 seed until Rudy retired and Kobe got injured. I hate it when people call last year a complete flop when they fail to realize we were decent until we were hit with several pitfals. When Kobe returned he was playing on a sprained ankle with a brace, and lamar got injured about a week later and poceeded to lose 19 of our next 21 games! Lets keep our fingers crossed that nothing happens form here on out to ruin our season.

Injuries and coach retirements aside... are we really THAT much better then we were this time last year?
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Here we are 1 year later with the same record as last year!

KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
This time last year we were 1 game better, a win tonight against toronto puts us in the same boat!? Last years team didnt fo on long run like this team has but then last year we didnt have 5 and 3 game losing streaks. We were a solid 6 seed until Rudy retired and Kobe got injured. I hate it when people call last year a complete flop when they fail to realize we were decent until we were hit with several pitfals. When Kobe returned he was playing on a sprained ankle with a brace, and lamar got injured about a week later and poceeded to lose 19 of our next 21 games! Lets keep our fingers crossed that nothing happens form here on out to ruin our season.

Injuries and coach retirements aside... are we really THAT much better then we were this time last year?

Considering the fact that the first half of the season last year was MUCH easier than the second half, and this year we have the harder first half, and easier second half, we are doing pretty well compared to last year.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

^what he said.
the schedule in the first half last year was ridiculously easy. The team was chaotic. There was no offense other then lots of isos and jacking up the ball from 3 pt line. We had no defense to boot. There was no chemistry.

This year I've seen these guys play more like a team on a lot more, and I mean a whole lot more occasions. Kobe's playing much smarter too.

Our schedule gets easier as the season ends and we may have lost to some pretty pathetic teams but we've also beaten some good ones.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

OshadowO wrote:
^what he said.
the schedule in the first half last year was ridiculously easy. The team was chaotic. There was no offense other then lots of isos and jacking up the ball from 3 pt line. We had no defense to boot. There was no chemistry.

This year I've seen these guys play more like a team on a lot more, and I mean a whole lot more occasions. Kobe's playing much smarter too.

Our schedule gets easier as the season ends and we may have lost to some pretty pathetic teams but we've also beaten some good ones.

Agreed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Better talent. Same team.

Last year we rode Kobe too much...

This year, we are still riding Kobe but are trying to get stuff from other people. They don't always deliver...

So I'd say that we have the same type of team, little chemistry and poor execution. But it's undeniable that we have a more balanced, more talented team.

Smush at PG
LO NOT at PF
Options at C (Kwame and Bynum)

Are they playing better ball? More organized yes. Better? no.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: