Would you trade our draft pick on draft day if we got a pick between 6-10 ?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Would you trade our draft pick on draft day if we got a pick between 6-10 ?

If we get the 6th pick I have a plan to possibly trade it for an all star and a guy who comes to mind is Joakim Noah.

Look, the Bulls are rumored to go after Carmelo Anthony this offseason but to do that they must free cap.

A deal of:

Lakers get-
Joakim Noah
2015 1st round pick

Bulls get-
6th pick
Money

This gives us an all star, a terrific defender to defend a Dwight Howard.

Another deal I like is. With Indiana wanting to bring Stephenson back they will need to free up money as well. So I can see them trading George Hill.

Lakers get:
George Hill

Pacers get:
S&t Jordan Farmar
2017 1st round pick

So this off season we add Joakim Noah, George Hill, and Trevor Ariza (cheap hopefully)

Once 2015 comes we then sign Kevin Love and we will also have a 1st next season.

George Hill - a big PG who can hit 3's and terrific on ball defender to play guys like Paul, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, and Lillard.

Kobe Bryant - In possibly his final run at a chip, could we see some vengeance and history.

Trevor Ariza - He's very lengthy and a good friend of Kobe and having him would be a steal if we can convince him to come back cheap.

Kevin Love - our future star and franchise player. He has a lot to prove in the playoffs and 2015 with Kobe I'd hope it's the time.

Joakim Noah - he's the perfect center to have because he rebounds, defends, and knows his role. Just imagine Love and Noah rebounding.

What are your thoughts ? Is it too much, I just think this team is what Kobe would look for. A PG and SF who can defend and hit 3s. A PF who can take pressure off of him and a center to rebound and bang.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject:

No, having a starter on a rookie contract is the best way to go. You can have 2 max players and a rookie contract, or just 2 max players. In your scenario we have no way to sign Love.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: