What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
2015/16 Season

PF - Kevin Love ($20M)
F - DeMarre Carroll ($4M)
C - Tyson Chandler (hometown discount $5M)
G - Kobe ($25M)
PG - Dante Exum ($3.5M)

Five million for Chandler? Lol. Only way we can swing that is if Chandler is done and looks it.

And even if we could, that's a borderline playoff team on a really good day.

Borderline?

Yes. Borderline. That team isn't even good are you kidding me?!

-Likely a playoff team if all players stay healthy for most of the season. ---Likely out of the playoffs if any one of Love or Kobe miss substantial time.
-Likely out of the playoffs if Exum is a bust.
-I'm assuming a weak bench here also considering the entire cap is spent on the starting 5 and that's in dream scenario where you get Chandler for below MLE price

If Kobe were 27 and not coming off arguably one of the most devastating injuries a basketball player can experience, I'd change my outlook but this team projects to be somewhere between 7 and 11 in the West.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Ok seriously:

PG Kyle Lowry ($7 mil)
SG Lance Stepenson ($10 mil)
SF Kobe ($24 mil)
PF Jabari Parker
C Greg Monroe ($12 mil)

MLE (Nick Young, Shawn Marion or Boozer after amnesty)
Marshall, Sacre and Meeks resigned after all signings with early bird rights.

Everyone else would need to be minimum contracts.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Chalmers
Kobe
Wes
Melo(or Love)
Embiid

Chalmers
Kobe
Wiggins
Melo(Or Love)
Stein

Bledsoe
Kobe
Wiggins
Love
Stein

Bledsoe
Kobe
Wes
Love
Embiid

I like the last two teams the best.

Last edited by USCandLakers on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
2015/16 Season

PF - Kevin Love ($20M)
G - Kobe ($25M)
PG - Dante Exum ($3.5M)

Five million for Chandler? Lol. Only way we can swing that is if Chandler is done and looks it.

Borderline?

-Likely a playoff team if all players stay healthy for most of the season. ---Likely out of the playoffs if any one of Love or Kobe miss substantial time.
-I'm assuming a weak bench here also considering the entire cap is spent on the starting 5 and that's in dream scenario where you get Chandler for below MLE price

If Kobe were 27 and not coming off arguably one of the most devastating injuries a basketball player can experience, I'd change my outlook but this team projects to be somewhere between 7 and 11 in the West.

That's assuming Exum pans out say 12-14 pts 7-8 ast.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject:

it'd have to be a line-up with a wing defensive stopper and a bigman who can protect the paint. wes, melo, and love all fail in that regard.

the point guard position would ideally revert back to the derek fisher mold.

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
2015/16 Season

PF - Kevin Love ($20M)
G - Kobe ($25M)
PG - Dante Exum ($3.5M)

Borderline?

So you're assuming Kobe's going to play off ball for the first time in his NBA career?

That is a playoff team at BEST. Far, far from a contender especially factoring in what would probably end up being a very weak bench.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

pg: JJ redick
sf: luol deng or danny granger
pf: FA or draft pick
c: hill, FA or draft pick
frozt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
2015/16 Season

PF - Kevin Love ($20M)
G - Kobe ($25M)
PG - Dante Exum ($3.5M)

Borderline?

what. that team would be insane, maybe with a year together.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
2015/16 Season

PF - Kevin Love ($20M)
G - Kobe ($25M)
PG - Dante Exum ($3.5M)

Borderline?

So you're assuming Kobe's going to play off ball for the first time in his NBA career?

FWIW, Kobe was already playing off the ball in the post/wing area with Blake in his second game back, after dominating the ball and leaving Blake standing around in the first game. I think what you're going to see going forward is Kobe playing in a role more like a big, in horns and post type sets, even as the pick man on P&R. He has the ability to post a bit farther out and back his way in, or face up, so he's not as susceptible to being hedged as a lot of traditional post guys are. I think that's his best role going forward.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
2015/16 Season

PF - Kevin Love ($20M)
G - Kobe ($25M)
PG - Dante Exum ($3.5M)

Borderline?

FWIW, Kobe was already playing off the ball in the post/wing area with Blake in his second game back, after dominating the ball and leaving Blake standing around in the first game. I think what you're going to see going forward is Kobe playing in a role more like a big, in horns and post type sets, even as the pick man on P&R. He has the ability to post a bit farther out and back his way in, or face up, so he's not as susceptible to being hedged as a lot of traditional post guys are. I think that's his best role going forward.

I don't disagree with you.

What I don't really forsee, is Kobe being ok with not having the ball in his hands the majority of the time.
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Exum seems to be as good without the ball as he is with it...that's the type of guard you want next to Kobe. He can slash and spot up when he isn't creating for himself or others.

Kobe actually like melo and he can play the four in this offense. He fits the role perfectly 1.) he's a star player 2) he fits the coaches ideal of a 4 3.) and most importantly Kobe likes him.

As much as people like to hate on pay I think he will be back as our starting center next year. He's not getting more than 10 mil anywhere he goes and I think he will stay in l.a for around 8-10 mil.

Exum
Kobe
Melo
Gasol

That's leaves one spot open and I'm guessing a 3 and D type of guy

Bench
Farmar
Young
Hill

Everyone else is coming in at the minimum

If Nash stays on the roster and decides to play the starting lineup would be

Nash
Exum
Kobe
Melo
Gasol

Bench
Farmer
Young
Hill
ChocolateRain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Embiid Melo.......win win win
bodyrock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Okay my turn:

Embiid 3.5 Mil
Love 20 Mil
Lebron 17 Mil (will give discount cause he wants to play in LA for a big marke, *plus its the lakers)
Kobe 24 Mil
Exum 3.5 Mil (Mitch trades gasol + future picks)
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?

KobeDunk wrote:
please be realistic with your selections. I know the Lakers are looking to the future past Kobe so consider that as well but also try to build a contender to try to win another ring before he retires. We will need defensive minded players on the inside , 2 way players on the wings. Feel free to change the coach as well if need be.

Gooo!!!

Let him play his 2.5 seasons out. Our rebuild can't about Kobe anymore..
ChocolateRain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?

deal wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
please be realistic with your selections. I know the Lakers are looking to the future past Kobe so consider that as well but also try to build a contender to try to win another ring before he retires. We will need defensive minded players on the inside , 2 way players on the wings. Feel free to change the coach as well if need be.

Gooo!!!

You don't let a top 5 player of all time retire without making a run at a championship. You don't know the enxt time we're gonna have that kind of talent.
T3R
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Farmar
Bryant
Mcdermott
Kelly
Sacre
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?

ChocolateRain wrote:
deal wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Gooo!!!

You don't let a top 5 player of all time retire without making a run at a championship. You don't know the enxt time we're gonna have that kind of talent.

Only he's not a top 5 player anymore in the league, let alone top 5 all time. He's a fringe all-star based on his performance this year and he's probably an all-star moving forward. He's not likely to be a top 5 player in the NBA again. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

If you want to win a ring, you need a top 5 player, and that's who we need to sign. After that Kobe can play the 2nd most important player role and you'd argue that we were in contention. However looking at FA, only LBJ qualifies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?

ChocolateRain wrote:
deal wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Gooo!!!

They did try to make a run when Kobe was a top 5 player, they went for broke to win another for him. That is partially how they got in the mess they are in.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChocolateRain wrote:
deal wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Gooo!!!

They did try to make a run when Kobe was a top 5 player, they went for broke to win another for him. That is partially how they got in the mess they are in.

Exactly...
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

How some people can still talk about building a contender AROUND a 36-year-old coming off two major foot/knee injuries is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I think he can still be part of a contender, but the days of finding pieces that can suit his style of play should be over.
Kobe_MJ_Fan_No_1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

looks like this is gonna be the team

PG: Eric Bledsoe/Steve Blake
SG: Kobe Bryant/Nick Young/Xavier
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Wes Johnson/Ryan Kelly
PF: Pau Gasol/Jordan Hill
C: Kevin Love/Robert Sacre.

We still will have a couple picks this year and next... so we will see...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_MJ_Fan_No_1 wrote:
looks like this is gonna be the team

PG: Eric Bledsoe/Steve Blake
SG: Kobe Bryant/Nick Young/Xavier
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Wes Johnson/Ryan Kelly
PF: Pau Gasol/Jordan Hill
C: Kevin Love/Robert Sacre.

We still will have a couple picks this year and next... so we will see...

dear lord, other than bledsoe not a single one of them can defend.
ChocolateRain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?

wolfpaclaker wrote:
ChocolateRain wrote:
deal wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Gooo!!!

Only he's not a top 5 player anymore in the league, let alone top 5 all time. He's a fringe all-star based on his performance this year and he's probably an all-star moving forward. He's not likely to be a top 5 player in the NBA again. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

If you want to win a ring, you need a top 5 player, and that's who we need to sign. After that Kobe can play the 2nd most important player role and you'd argue that we were in contention. However looking at FA, only LBJ qualifies.

Kobe will be a top 5 player again after a full summer to train. Kobe + Melo + Embiid = contention
ChocolateRain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
How some people can still talk about building a contender AROUND a 36-year-old coming off two major foot/knee injuries is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I think he can still be part of a contender, but the days of finding pieces that can suit his style of play should be over.

A tibial plate fracture isn't a major knee injury per say. It's not like it's a ligament/cartilage that will result in permanent damage/dysfunction/pain.

Kobe will be fine after a full summer of training.
ChocolateRain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChocolateRain wrote:
deal wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Gooo!!!

No they just made one of the worst coaching hires in NBA history, passing over the greatst coach of all time for Shamphony. If we had hired Phil, Dwight would most likely still be here, Kobe would not have been run into the ground, and we would be looking good right now.

Unfortunately our owner is an idiot.

But making the moves to win now was and still is the right decision.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: