Wouldn't it make more sense for Minnesota to trAde Kevin love to the lakers now than 2015
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Wouldn't it make more sense for Minnesota to trAde Kevin love to the lakers now than 2015

I mean since we have cap space for next year the twolves should get under the salary cap and trade us kevin love and some of there toxic contracts for our expirings and be in the hunt for the free agency off season
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject:

i don't think Lakers would take back KLove plus toxic contracts now when they can sign him next summer outright
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i don't think Lakers would take back KLove plus toxic contracts now when they can sign him next summer outright

There is a possibility we can be at the cap next summer I don't think Jim will let the lakers fail 2 seasons in a row
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject:

I am a fan of any deal that would bring us K. Love without parting with our 2014 draft pick or Kobe... but why would Minnesota want to make that deal? What can we offer them?

There are very likely other NBA teams (like Phoenix) that can offer better packages of draft picks and building blocks in the hope of resigning Love. Why should Minnesota not trade him to one of them... if at all?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
I am a fan of any deal that would bring us K. Love without parting with our 2014 draft pick or Kobe... but why would Minnesota want to make that deal? What can we offer them?

There are very likely other NBA teams (like Phoenix) that can offer better packages of draft picks and building blocks in the hope of resigning Love. Why should Minnesota not trade him to one of them... if at all?

I thought love is demanding Los Angeles why would another team trade all there assets for him when he can opt out at the end of 2015 and sign with Los Angeles
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Faceman wrote:

I thought love is demanding Los Angeles why would another team trade all there assets for him when he can opt out at the end of 2015 and sign with Los Angeles

Teams rarely cave to player demands until the last minute. Minnesota will dedicate the next 12 months to trying to convince Love to stay. If that doesn't work, they may circle the wagons that summer and say "re-sign or walk, we won't sign-and-trade," which was the Lakers stance with Kobe in 2004, the Cavs stance with LBJ in 2010 and the Lakers stance with D12 last year.

The alternative is to try and move him a la the Nuggets and Melo, but when you look at what the Nuggets got, maybe they should've forced Melo's hand:

Quote:
February 22, 2011: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the Denver Nuggets with Renaldo Balkman, Chauncey Billups, Anthony Carter and Shelden Williams to the New York Knicks; the Denver Nuggets traded a 2015 2nd round draft pick to the Minnesota Timberwolves; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Kosta Koufos to the Denver Nuggets; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Corey Brewer to the New York Knicks; the New York Knicks traded Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, cash, a 2012 2nd round draft pick (Quincy Miller was later selected), a 2013 2nd round draft pick (Romero Osby was later selected) and a 2014 1st round draft pick to the Denver Nuggets; and the New York Knicks traded Eddy Curry, Anthony Randolph and cash to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

vincentjohn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject:

Until the Lakers can trade whomever they draft with their 2014 1st round pick they don't have the assets to trade for a player like Kevin Love. They also likely need another draft pick to trade or two.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject:

Not for the lakers
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Faceman wrote:

Teams rarely cave to player demands until the last minute. Minnesota will dedicate the next 12 months to trying to convince Love to stay. If that doesn't work, they may circle the wagons that summer and say "re-sign or walk, we won't sign-and-trade," which was the Lakers stance with Kobe in 2004, the Cavs stance with LBJ in 2010 and the Lakers stance with D12 last year.

The alternative is to try and move him a la the Nuggets and Melo, but when you look at what the Nuggets got, maybe they should've forced Melo's hand:

Quote:
February 22, 2011: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the Denver Nuggets with Renaldo Balkman, Chauncey Billups, Anthony Carter and Shelden Williams to the New York Knicks; the Denver Nuggets traded a 2015 2nd round draft pick to the Minnesota Timberwolves; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Kosta Koufos to the Denver Nuggets; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Corey Brewer to the New York Knicks; the New York Knicks traded Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, cash, a 2012 2nd round draft pick (Quincy Miller was later selected), a 2013 2nd round draft pick (Romero Osby was later selected) and a 2014 1st round draft pick to the Denver Nuggets; and the New York Knicks traded Eddy Curry, Anthony Randolph and cash to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Bingo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

If we end up with say the 6th (and beyond) pick, I'd try to trade that and the cap space for Love this offseason.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

Get Melo instead.

Melo has evolved into a 3-point assassin.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Wouldn't it make more sense for Minnesota to trAde Kevin love to the lakers now than 2015

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
I mean since we have cap space for next year the twolves should get under the salary cap and trade us kevin love and some of there toxic contracts for our expirings and be in the hunt for the free agency off season

The Twolves don't have any bad contracts and the Lakers don't want any bad contracts. I don't see why the Twolves would want to give up their best player a year before they have to. Thanks to the max salary rules, there is no chance of a top player signing in a place like Minnesota during free agency.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Wouldn't it make more sense for Minnesota to trAde Kevin love to the lakers now than 2015

Treble Clef wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

The Twolves don't have any bad contracts and the Lakers don't want any bad contracts. I don't see why the Twolves would want to give up their best player a year before they have to. Thanks to the max salary rules, there is no chance of a top player signing in a place like Minnesota during free agency.

It seems like Juan barea is overpaid
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If we end up with say the 6th (and beyond) pick, I'd try to trade that and the cap space for Love this offseason.

If what "sources" say is true, why bother with trading anything when we can sign him outright?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Depending on our draft pick, I am jumping off of the Love bandwagon. If we get a young perimeter player, I think that for the $17 mil we would pay him, we could get a defensive center and role player. My first choice would be Deandre Jordan if you could get him for $12 mil. If not, someone like Asik for around $10 mil. That leaves $5-7 mil for a role player or players. Love can score, but is horrible on defense. I have watched him closely the past 2 games and he has to have a good defensive center next to him. The problem is, if you sign him, you have no money for a center.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If what "sources" say is true, why bother with trading anything when we can sign him outright?

Lakers may be impatient, or may conclude that a 6th pick and beyond aren't worth it.

Top 4-5 pick and it's a different story for me.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I see us getting the 6-8th pick

We draft Julius Randle

Trade Randle, s&t Xavier Henry and another future pick for Kevin Martin and Love.

I'm sure they want to get rid of a contract. They may offer Budinger
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject:

WE have nothing to trade
Gasol for love...they will hangup on mitch and already have...
JosephBentley78
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

The alternative is to try and move him a la the Nuggets and Melo, but when you look at what the Nuggets got, maybe they should've forced Melo's hand.
JosephBentley78
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

The alternative is to try and move him a la the Nuggets and Melo, but when you look at what the Nuggets got, maybe they should've forced Melo's hand.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

Would you do Pau and our 2014 1st for Love and Rubio?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Faceman wrote:

And Howard already showed the other teams, what a player can do when he doesn't want to be somewhere!
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject:

cinimod wrote:
Would you do Pau and our 2014 1st for Love and Rubio?

The Lakers need to have a 2014 or 2015 First Round Pick coming back and your proposal doesn't indicate how that pick is obtained.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

The Pacers pick may be less valuable than an early second round pick as the contract is guaranteed, so it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to think the Lakers might be able to pry it away from Phoenix for a player like Jordan Hill or Jodie Meeks.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:

Lakers MUST get another 1st rd pick in order to trade theirs.

If Minnesota swaps it's pick with the Lakers, they get a top 5 pick and build mini-Spain with Pau and Rubio.

Lakers would have Love and a top 20 pick with cap room to sign another top level player.

The reason Minnesota should do this NOW is because no one is offering a top 5 pick for Love next year when he can opt out in the off-season, which he will.

It's Deron Williams all over again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: