No one sees that this team is well coached?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
I agree with PnP, MDA isn't a horrible coach nor is he a great one.

Actually that’s not even the issue with PNP at this point, PNP is arguing a contrarian point just to be a contrarian. Yinoma has asked him more than once in this thread alone “Why should we keep D’Antoni” and he hasn’t come up with an answer yet.

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think I've been trying to point this out for a while in this thread. He's debating with people that agree with him that injuries sidelined this season no matter who the coach is. But he hasn't addressed why anyone would therefore conclude that MDA is a good coach and one we should keep going forward.

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ Again. I think lots of people agree that injuries have derailed this season and even Phil couldn't salvage it. But where's the proof that he's otherwise a positive force for this team?

The first instance was last Friday he ignored the post and kept up with the same rhetoric, Yinoma posted it again and he came up with the same injury excuse that Yinoma never blamed D’Antoni for but still hasn’t gotten an answer to his question.

PNP has defended D’Antoni at every turn even resorting to misinformation to support his arguments in other threads.

postandpivot wrote:
mda isnt in phoenix because phoenix decided to go with more cost savings. that made them go out and get another type of team. no reason for mda to stay around for a rebuilding project.

When I corrected him showing that D’Antoni in fact admitted to quitting himself and making a bad move, he resorted to standing by his falsehood about Phoenix “decided to go on costing savings”.

Which had nothing to do with D’Antoni’s comments:

"I should have stuck in there and battled," D'Antoni told the website. "You don't get to coach somebody like him (Nash) too many times. It's pretty sacred and you need to take care of it. I didn't."

"I think we got frustrated and I got frustrated. That's why I left," D'Antoni said.

Or even with the reports that "sources close to the situation have maintained for days that D'Antoni does not want to continue coaching in Phoenix if he must implement the changes suggested by his bosses, which include increasing the time spent practicing defense and a more stern approach with younger players such as Suns forward Amare Stoudemire and guard Leandro Barbosa."

postandpivot wrote:
good find. i still stand by it. they were not going to spend more cash after that. and you saw that by what happened to the team shortly after mda was gone. amare also was hurt. so if the main guy is hurt. the jig is up. lol. better get outta there cause its not like the suns were the lakers. and its not like they were going to make all sorts of moves to keep putting nash and mda in situations where they would contend for titles. wasnt going to happen. put it this way. sure he says himself he ran off to quickly. but truth is. if he was the lakers head coach with our FO's track record. he would not have gone anywhere. cause he would've known. not to worry we will have a better roster to continue to compete for titles. that cant be said in any other place not named lakers or spurs.

eventually every FO goes cheap on their coach no matter how good the run was. sometimes we dont notice how quickly they go cheap is because all we see are the young stars balling it up. we dont realize "hey wait a second one of these kids is still on his rookie deal. the moment he goes off of that deal and they have to pay him real money. it turns into save money time. they keep the one lone star let everyone else walk more or less. and they suck for years. wash, rinse, repeat.

None of that post had to do with any of the facts that were stated in the article but yet he resorts in another thread calling another poster a liar and that he shouldn’t be resorting to falsehoods to support D’Antoni hate.

It’s starting to get embarrassing if you’re going to support something have sound reasoning for doing so don’t just do it to be a contrarian. Unfortunately a lot of other posters have taken up this position without sound reasoning and none of them that continually support D’Antoni can answer Yinoma’s simple question.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

Suckmaki Walker wrote:
I find it hilarious that people are blaming MDA for all of these loses when it's blatantly obvious the Lakers were forced to tank due to all of these injuries. You complain the other team socred 120 or more points? They're trying to lose at this point. If they had only give up 95 maybe they would have scored 93. Keep hearing that he overruns his players? Kobe is just old and Pau has always been injury prone. As for everyone else, these guys all love the minutes they're getting due to contract years.

Minus the injuries of course.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
zePokar wrote:

Actually that’s not even the issue with PNP at this point, PNP is arguing a contrarian point just to be a contrarian. Yinoma has asked him more than once in this thread alone “Why should we keep D’Antoni” and he hasn’t come up with an answer yet.

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think I've been trying to point this out for a while in this thread. He's debating with people that agree with him that injuries sidelined this season no matter who the coach is. But he hasn't addressed why anyone would therefore conclude that MDA is a good coach and one we should keep going forward.

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ Again. I think lots of people agree that injuries have derailed this season and even Phil couldn't salvage it. But where's the proof that he's otherwise a positive force for this team?

The first instance was last Friday he ignored the post and kept up with the same rhetoric, Yinoma posted it again and he came up with the same injury excuse that Yinoma never blamed D’Antoni for but still hasn’t gotten an answer to his question.

PNP has defended D’Antoni at every turn even resorting to misinformation to support his arguments in other threads.

postandpivot wrote:
mda isnt in phoenix because phoenix decided to go with more cost savings. that made them go out and get another type of team. no reason for mda to stay around for a rebuilding project.

When I corrected him showing that D’Antoni in fact admitted to quitting himself and making a bad move, he resorted to standing by his falsehood about Phoenix “decided to go on costing savings”.

Which had nothing to do with D’Antoni’s comments:

"I should have stuck in there and battled," D'Antoni told the website. "You don't get to coach somebody like him (Nash) too many times. It's pretty sacred and you need to take care of it. I didn't."

"I think we got frustrated and I got frustrated. That's why I left," D'Antoni said.

Or even with the reports that "sources close to the situation have maintained for days that D'Antoni does not want to continue coaching in Phoenix if he must implement the changes suggested by his bosses, which include increasing the time spent practicing defense and a more stern approach with younger players such as Suns forward Amare Stoudemire and guard Leandro Barbosa."

postandpivot wrote:
good find. i still stand by it. they were not going to spend more cash after that. and you saw that by what happened to the team shortly after mda was gone. amare also was hurt. so if the main guy is hurt. the jig is up. lol. better get outta there cause its not like the suns were the lakers. and its not like they were going to make all sorts of moves to keep putting nash and mda in situations where they would contend for titles. wasnt going to happen. put it this way. sure he says himself he ran off to quickly. but truth is. if he was the lakers head coach with our FO's track record. he would not have gone anywhere. cause he would've known. not to worry we will have a better roster to continue to compete for titles. that cant be said in any other place not named lakers or spurs.

eventually every FO goes cheap on their coach no matter how good the run was. sometimes we dont notice how quickly they go cheap is because all we see are the young stars balling it up. we dont realize "hey wait a second one of these kids is still on his rookie deal. the moment he goes off of that deal and they have to pay him real money. it turns into save money time. they keep the one lone star let everyone else walk more or less. and they suck for years. wash, rinse, repeat.

None of that post had to do with any of the facts that were stated in the article but yet he resorts in another thread calling another poster a liar and that he shouldn’t be resorting to falsehoods to support D’Antoni hate.

It’s starting to get embarrassing if you’re going to support something have sound reasoning for doing so don’t just do it to be a contrarian. Unfortunately a lot of other posters have taken up this position without sound reasoning and none of them that continually support D’Antoni can answer Yinoma’s simple question.
i'm not changing my stance. you can keep posting it over and over and over again. MDA IS NOT A BAD COACH. there is nothing you can pull out to prove it.

what you can do is pull the knicks card which i already debunked, then you can pull the lakers card and i debunked that too. injury fest.

You give phil jackson this team with this many injuries with a slower pace and less threes. and we would still get blown out by the clippers by 30+. again the score would be 65 to 100 vs 100 to 135. does it really matter? NO

now while you guys are stuck in agenda mode and i hate mda mode. you keep missing my point. no where am i saying the guy is a championship coach. i dont know if he is or isnt. what i do know is this. he has never had a team good enough to win it all. that suns team was really good. but it wasnt better then the teams that were in the finals.

So i dont know if MDA would mess it up if he had a true championship caliber roster on his hands. Del harris was a good coach. and if you ask me, he had a championship roster. sure the guys were younger. but sitll. make a move or two to get some vet help and that team could've won for 5 years straight. but Del didnt have that extra something that Phil did, to get the guys over the hump.

i will say this. if phil had MDA's suns team. the suns would still be ringless. why? because that roster as good as it was, was not better then any team in the finals. and darn sure wasnt better then the champions of those two nash mvp years.

So truth is the verdict is still out on if MDA is a championship coach or not. but he is a good coach.
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

A total of 331 words and still didn't answer Yinoma's question.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
we dont know what mda would do with a healthy team that has a contending roster to boot. well actually we do know. he will win a ton of games and get to the 2nd round at minimum.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2008.html

Maybe back in 2007. He hasn't made it out of the first round since.

In 07-08 he had a team with nash, amare, shaq, bell, marion, barbosa, grant hill, and he couldn't make it out of the first round. Kinda reminds me of our team last year that couldn't make it out of the first round with MDA
lol. old man shaq, old man hill. and you're trying to call that some kind of great team? L O L

stop it.

of course he hasnt made it out of the first round since. who did he lose to? a better team.
dont just throw names out there. you see shaq and hill and think ....ballers. WRONG. old man shaq and old man hill who still could play a little offense. no thanks.

the suns got beat by the SPURS. A BETTER TEAM. you remember last year when our lakers with no kobe and a bunch of old guys + howard played the spurs. what happened to us? we got sent packing too. the weaker team will usually lose in that scenario. so bringing up that year makes no sense. again DEBUNKED. mda is not a bad coach. he has not had a team as good as the nash two mvp years. and even that team was still not as good as any of the champions of those years.

phil's bulls roster was better then every team in the nba..PERIOD

Phil's laker rosters(champions) were always better then every team in the nba. PERIOD. sure the blazers had a nice team and so did sac. but at the end of the day no team had a better perimeter player then kobe, and not team had a better big man then shaq.

no player had 2 perimeter players better then Pip or Mike.

notice a trend there.

when phil won with gasol and kobe twice. the only team that could match up on a roster vs roster is the celtics. and we lost one to them and barely beat them in 7 the next time we saw them. the other team we beat wasnt on the lakers level. gasol + LO + kobe is head and shoulders above dwight and Turky..cause nelson wasnt even 100% healthy come playoff time.

so you see the trend. head and shoulders above the rest roster = rings with phil jackson. mda has never had that luxury.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
A total of 331 words and still didn't answer Yinoma's question.
not going to. i answered the question i'm going to answer. mda is not a bad coach. mda is a good coach. i told you why i thought that. what more do you want? ... there isnt more. you want me to agree with your sentiment that he's an awful coach. i refuse to do that until i see evidence of that theory.i have yet to see that evidence. and no you guys have not provided anything to prove that.

and let me ask you guys a question. if MDA is as bad as you guys think. why on earth would the United states of america allow such a lousy coach represent them?

doesnt add up folks.

you cant be a lousy coach and end up on the olympic team. sorry, i aint buying it.

Last edited by postandpivot on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

Conflict avoidance is a method of dealing with conflict, which attempts to avoid directly confronting the issue at hand. Methods of doing this can include changing the subject, putting off a discussion until later, or simply not bringing up the subject of contention.

Conflict avoidance can be used as a temporary measure to buy time or as permanent means of disposing of a matter.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
Conflict avoidance is a method of dealing with conflict, which attempts to avoid directly confronting the issue at hand. Methods of doing this can include changing the subject, putting off a discussion until later, or simply not bringing up the subject of contention.

Conflict avoidance can be used as a temporary measure to buy time or as permanent means of disposing of a matter.
you can pull out any definition you like. but you surely cant use conflict avoidance. to do that i wouldnt post in these threads where 90% of everyone in there are all in the same pod agreeing with one another. i'm the odd man out. where is the true avoidance? there is non.

again try as hard as you like to make the poster look bad so you can de-value his points. because you cant prove that mda is a bad coach. you cant prove anything i've said about mda with the lakers is wrong.

this is what you call mis-information tactics. if you cant win the argument try to make the guy you're arguing with look bad, in hopes everyone else will think "well he's not a reputable source"

Quote:
Delegitimize One's Opponent
Delegitimize one's opponent so as to avoid addressing the substance of his argument. This is another kind of ad hominem attack. The goal is to make it impossible for opponents to be heard respectfully in the debate.

you see, two can play that game.

now to directly answer your question. what makes mda a good coach. now ask yourself what makes doc rivers a good coach besides inheriting great talent?

Phil? the same as above..

i mean Pop tanked on purpose to get timmy. lets not forget.

So what makes a good coach to begin with? to ask a question you must first define what you're asking.

What is a GOOD COACH? and to make it clear. take away great rosters.

if phil, pop, and mda all had the trailblazers roster. would any of them win it all this year?

that means they have to beat the spurs, clippers, okc, pacers, heat, Nets.

i would go out on a limb and say Pop would have the team playing at their best. phil and mda would probably have the team at around the same place. why is this? because mda and phil are similar with their rigid approach. my way or the highway. triangle or bust. run n gun or bust.

Pop has shown unlike and old jerry sloan, that he could change with his team if need be, even though he tried not to for awhile.he ended up bending a lot for the current spurs roster.

i have never really seen phil bend like that. nor have i seen mda bend.

now granted i have never seen MDA with a shaq at center. still talking about stretch bigs. when i say shaq i dont mean old man shaq. i mean prime shaq. if mda is crazy enough to have shaq chucking 3's. or telling the media he isnt going to go to the post when he has a prime shaq in the middle. then mda is nuts. mda has a philosophy based on statistics. but those stats go out the window when you have a completely dominant back 2 the basket center. IF mda would have inherited a healthy drew. but yet mda has him chucking 3's(drew would've liked it...lol). i would call mda crazy.

mda used the stretch bigs because his bigs were never great back to the basket bigs. gasol is old now so he isnt as good as he use to be either. so you can see why a guy like mda is thinking...Goto the post for what, goto the post with who in the middle? the league is watered down when it comes to back 2 the basket bigs. so much so it makes more since to go that face up route with these new guys in the nba. i dont like it. but it is..what it is.

so back to mda as a good coach. mda could turn water into wine when it comes to point guards. how many coaches can do that? not many.

that means as long as he has a decent pg that is willing to follow orders. and the rest of his roster is pretty good. he will win games.

that alone makes him a good coach. when you can take J.lin and turn him into a house hold name. you know something that others coaches dont know about the game and that position if nothing else.

he also turned Frye into a legit threat. frye was always soft in the middle. most coaches wanted him to get his tall butt down in the paint. but they didnt realize he's ultra charmin soft down low. so forcing him down there is actually making your team worse. mda knew this. and told him to buy a real 3ball.

mda is a coach that can jimmy rig a team and win a lot of games if he has a few key parts. how many coaches can do that? Not many.

see the difference between Nelly and MDA is this. Nelly would make wacko lineups for the hell of it. the guy would have shaq and still pull him out and throw in a SF at center "just to see if it would work." MDA has worked with what he had. i dont ever recall mda telling management on any team. to get rid of a solid BIG for a stretch big that isnt all that great but can shoot.

like saying, Trade say Zbo for Novak. thats who you guys think mda is. but its not.

if you would've given say del negro MDA's suns teams(the good ones). nash would've never been mvp and the suns would have never been that good. and i dont think del is a horrible coach. i just dont think he's a good coach.

i'll take it a step further. i thought stan V gundy was a good coach. but i also thought he had anxiety issues that would leak into his team in a time of need. thats something phil doesnt have issues with. and thats something a lot of coaches have issues with that phil does not. which is what makes phil so good with a great team. the guy has ice water in his veins. and so does his teams. now i dont see that with mda. but i sure as heck dont see that with doc rivers either. so those other coaches have to have much better talent then the rest to win it all. but again so did phil. so here we go again.

Last edited by postandpivot on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject:

137 more words while still refusing to answer a question posted a week ago.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
zePokar wrote:

Lakers aren't contending next year. If no really good coach is available there is no reason to get ride of D'Antoni who still has one more year on his contract.

That's the only reason. Lakers should be very carefull with their next coach hiring.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

I dont think D'Antoni is a bad coach per se. He is just a very niche, specific type of coach and we dont have a talented running roster for him to excel with. That's the deal, nothing complicated. We need a more balanced coach, that can develop young talent and that values D and O equally, that's it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
we dont know what mda would do with a healthy team that has a contending roster to boot. well actually we do know. he will win a ton of games and get to the 2nd round at minimum.

In 07-08 he had a team with nash, amare, shaq, bell, marion, barbosa, grant hill, and he couldn't make it out of the first round. Kinda reminds me of our team last year that couldn't make it out of the first round with MDA
lol. old man shaq, old man hill. and you're trying to call that some kind of great team? L O L

stop it.

of course he hasnt made it out of the first round since. who did he lose to? a better team.
dont just throw names out there. you see shaq and hill and think ....ballers. WRONG. old man shaq and old man hill who still could play a little offense. no thanks.

the suns got beat by the SPURS. A BETTER TEAM. you remember last year when our lakers with no kobe and a bunch of old guys + howard played the spurs. what happened to us? we got sent packing too. the weaker team will usually lose in that scenario. so bringing up that year makes no sense. again DEBUNKED. mda is not a bad coach. he has not had a team as good as the nash two mvp years. and even that team was still not as good as any of the champions of those years.

Phil's laker rosters(champions) were always better then every team in the nba. PERIOD. sure the blazers had a nice team and so did sac. but at the end of the day no team had a better perimeter player then kobe, and not team had a better big man then shaq.

notice a trend there.

when phil won with gasol and kobe twice. the only team that could match up on a roster vs roster is the celtics. and we lost one to them and barely beat them in 7 the next time we saw them. the other team we beat wasnt on the lakers level. gasol + LO + kobe is head and shoulders above dwight and Turky..cause nelson wasnt even 100% healthy come playoff time.

so you see the trend. head and shoulders above the rest roster = rings with phil jackson. mda has never had that luxury.

lol. Poor MDA. He has had bad teams since 2007. Too funny. More like his best players played out of the post since 2007 and he still hasn't adjusted.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
I dont think D'Antoni is a bad coach per se. He is just a very niche, specific type of coach and we dont have a talented running roster for him to excel with. That's the deal, nothing complicated. We need a more balanced coach, that can develop young talent and that values D and O equally, that's it.
phil is just like mda. Triangle or Die. lucky for phil he always comes on when his team has THEE best legendary Center, or perimeter player or both, or two of each(pip/mike).
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

stop it.

notice a trend there.

lol. Poor MDA. He has had bad teams since 2007. Too funny
i didnt say that suns team with shaq was bad per se. but they sure as heck were not as good as the spurs who spanked them in the first rd.

i mean thats like prime shaq and kobe lakers facing even the amare suns and watch shaq dunk all over amare and nash and watch kobe jump all over nash and marion. they would lose in a sweep. now that same team plays another team they are more evenly matched with or they have an upper hand on. then sure they could get by.

dont get mad because your argument about that old man shaq team was a bad argument. lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject:

MDA = good coach?

Maybe in Phx and only with his amazing crew of players: HOF prime Nash, prime Marion/Johnson/Amare, amazing role players all in prime: Bell, Barbosa.

But since then? He's shown that if he doesn't have the exact players, he is not a very good coach. Quit on the Knicks. Will likely be run out of town here in LA. And yes, this season, we had horrific injuries, but his ability to piss off all the veterans (particulary big men who don't shoot 3s) is disconcerting.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:

After a week I doubt you are going to get what you want and it is probably best to move on.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

stop it.

notice a trend there.

i didnt say that suns team with shaq was bad per se. but they sure as heck were not as good as the spurs who spanked them in the first rd.

i mean thats like prime shaq and kobe lakers facing even the amare suns and watch shaq dunk all over amare and nash and watch kobe jump all over nash and marion. they would lose in a sweep. now that same team plays another team they are more evenly matched with or they have an upper hand on. then sure they could get by.

dont get mad because your argument about that old man shaq team was a bad argument. lol

I point out MDA hasn't made it to the second round in 7 years and I have the bad argument. You're funny
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
phil is just like mda. Triangle or Die. lucky for phil he always comes on when his team has THEE best legendary Center, or perimeter player or both, or two of each(pip/mike).

Yeah, i agree. Phil never coached a team without supreme talent and yes i dont see him coach outside of the triangle offense, he's also a very niche kind of coach. What he has that D'Antoni doesnt his a higher bball I.Q. and a knack for managing egos and great talent (among other things). But yeah, i think that in the X's and O's they're both similar type of coaches, they stick to their guns closely and dont really deviate from that
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
actually reading is fundamental. go read it again. it answered your question. you just didnt like the answer. so you keep repeating your same reply. let it go nordvader. you cant handle it so keep it moving

MDA does not suck because the lakers were injured two seasons straight.

MDA's run offense does not injure players more then any other basketball offense that requires running and jumping

**if you want to talk about health, talk to vitti and team. now this is where you can get mad at jim buss and the buss family for possibly not hiring even more medical staff to help with all the hurt guys. we have had so many guys out so often to the point where a normal staff would be overwhelmed. which means they can no longer do preventative stuff with guys. they now have 100% of their efforts into rehab. so guess what. guys keep getting hurt.**

but notice only a handful of lgers even talk about this in that matter. why? its the most obvious angle to take. but why do we still want to ride the coach? because thats the agenda of the day. BSPN said so.

MDA's offense like Phil's triangle will only result in a lot of wins reg season and post season if he has legendary players on the roster. does mda have legendary players that are even 90% healthy playing for him? NOPE.

if you take kobe off of that kwame smush team and replace him with say Xavier henry. and then make sure everyone keeps getting hurt all season long. what do you think phil's record wouldve been that year?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

stop it.

notice a trend there.

I point out MDA hasn't made it to the second round in 7 years and I have the bad argument. You're funny
its a bad argument because you're intentionally leaving out detail.

this aint college. you dont recruit your guys. you coach the team thats there. and your team has to go up against the other nba teams. if your team is not better. you.. will...LOSE.

that shaq hill team was not better then the spurs. first round exit. if they got a chance to play another team that they matched up well with. they could've been in the 2nd round. and when they would've seen the spurs. spank spank spank. they would've been sent packing. not cause pop is a better coach. but because the spurs are just a better ROSTER.

i'll ask you this question for the 100th time. how often has MDA had a roster ON PAPER that was better then the top 2 teams that ended up in the finals. dont look at records. look at the ROSTER and what you know players do and dont do, can and cant do.

I'll wait for you to provide that answer.......
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

stop it.

notice a trend there.

this aint college. you dont recruit your guys. you coach the team thats there. and your team has to go up against the other nba teams. if your team is not better. you.. will...LOSE.

that shaq hill team was not better then the spurs. first round exit. if they got a chance to play another team that they matched up well with. they could've been in the 2nd round. and when they would've seen the spurs. spank spank spank. they would've been sent packing. not cause pop is a better coach. but because the spurs are just a better ROSTER.

i'll ask you this question for the 100th time. how often has MDA had a roster ON PAPER that was better then the top 2 teams that ended up in the finals. dont look at records. look at the ROSTER and what you know players do and dont do, can and cant do.

What do the top 2 teams have to do with making the second round or the playoffs (LAL, NYK)? Especially over a 7 year period.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Yeah, i agree. Phil never coached a team without supreme talent and yes i dont see him coach outside of the triangle offense, he's also a very niche kind of coach. What he has that D'Antoni doesnt his a higher bball I.Q. and a knack for managing egos and great talent (among other things). But yeah, i think that in the X's and O's they're both similar type of coaches, they stick to their guns closely and dont really deviate from that
i'm not even sure phil has a higher bball iq. mda has changed the nba. you dont do that without an extreme HIGH bball iq. this is where people are wrong about him. there's a reason kobe cosigned his hiring. kobe called him a basketball genius(offensively speaking of course)

Quote:
Bryant hopes D'Antoni's addition can do something for him -- get the Lakers back on track to win a championship. Bryant credited D'Antoni with installing the offense as an assistant coach with USA Basketball that led Bryant and the U.S. to gold medals in 2008 and 2012.

"He's an offensive genius," said Bryant, who had a short chat with D'Antoni over the phone on Tuesday morning. "If you talk to anybody, anybody that played on that Olympic team, that response would be unanimous. He's an offensive genius. So, does that mean that he's going to take the one system that he had in Phoenix and implement it here? No. It means that you give an offensive genius so many more options to play with. Now he has a great two-guard, he had a great point guard, he had a great power forward, he has a great center and he has an incredible small forward. He has a lot to play with."

i posted the entire quote for your consumption. the later part. kobe thought they had all those great players. what kobe didnt know was that they would've been injured all year long. kobe also didnt know dwight refused to buy in cause he never wanted to be here. and no pg either. there goes his great team.

like i said above the difference between phil and any coach. pop included. is that phil is calm at all times. that makes his teams calm at all times. this means the lakers will NEVER CHOKE. if they lose its because they lost to a team that couldnt miss while they were missing (when the spurs beat us, and dallas recently). or our team isnt good enough or we're to old or two hurt(vs sheeds pistons, or ray allens celtics).

phils team will never CHOKE under pressure.

i've seen timmy d choke, i've seen Tparker CHOKE. all under greg pop.

pop has calmed down over the years cause he has the same guys.

like i said above. i really thought stan V was a good coach. but he was so darn anxious it affected his team.

i think mda has an anxious problem like every coach not named phil.

i would say coach karl doesnt get anxious, neither did jerry sloan(but he was so rigid in his ways he wouldnt change a thing and he actually did recruit certain TYPES of players which would have never equal a ring roster), Bscott doesnt have that nerve issue either(bscott is a lot like mda, needs a world class pg to thrive, but also needs said pg to buy in. if so bscott can make wine out of water as well.. those nets teams were not that good. lets be honest. but bscott has never been given a championship roster(prime: mike pip, kobe, shaq, gasol/kobe, lbj/wade/bosh/, allen, pierce/kg).

so i dont know what he would do with one.

who do you think is a better coach E.spo or MDA? i like E.spo a lot. but i still think mda is technically the better coach. i think mda could get more out of a lesser team then E could. the question is could MDA get out of the way of a LBJ, wade, bosh roster? i dont know.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

stop it.

notice a trend there.

What do the top 2 teams have to do with making the second round or the playoffs (LAL, NYK)? Especially over a 7 year period.
just lik e i figured. you went out of your way Swearing i didnt answer a question. and here you go. lol.

wait so MDA's knicks with bad knees amare, old man baron, ball hog melo, headcase Jr smith was supposed to beat the miami heat in the first round? L O L.
like i told you before. BAD ARGUMENT. you got the wrong person over here. i'll pull the context out. you cant just say something and think i will fold the tent because what you said SOUNDS really bad. put things into context. what roster did mda have vs the teams he got booted out of the playoffs by in those 7 years?

Last edited by postandpivot on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

stop it.

notice a trend there.

just lik e i figured. you went out of your way Swearing i didnt answer a question. and here you go. lol.

I could say the same to you. I'm not trying to be a contrarian.

How do 2 out of 30 teams cause another team not to make the playoffs or the second round over a 7 year period? Bad luck?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

stop it.

notice a trend there.

I could say the same to you. I'm not trying to be a contrarian.

How do 2 out of 30 teams cause another team not to make the playoffs or the second round over a 7 year period? Bad luck?
context. i already answered this question. spin it as much as you can. because you know you are making a poor argument.

WHO DID MDA PLAY, what was his roster vs the roster he lost to.

if he played the super heat. what did you expect?

if he played the spurs what did you expect?

GIVE mda a super roster and he loses to a lesser roster or chokes. then we can talk about how he isnt a good coach. but until then. i aint buying it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25
Jump to: