Raymond Felton arrested on felony gun charges
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Raymond Felton arrested on felony gun charges

Quote:
New York Knicks point guard Raymond Felton was arrested early Tuesday morning on three counts of criminal possession of a weapon, according to a New York Police Department spokesman.

Knicks guard Raymond Felton faces three counts of criminal possession of a weapon.

Felton was charged with second- and third-degree criminal possession of a firearm, which are felonies, and fourth-degree possession of a firearm, which is a misdemeanor, the spokesman said.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10514816/raymond-felton-new-york-knicks-arrested-weapons-charges
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject:

The Knicks are more of a hot mess than the Cavs

Apparently his soon to be ex wife dimed him out to the cops
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

wannabe arenas
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

if thats true she's wrong for that one. unless he was physically abusing her or their children(if they have any). you should never dime out someone for having a gun that isnt a thug. i mean she's seriously trying to have this dude put in jail. thats pretty crazy.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhUfx7IIIAA5QJ3.jpg
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

I really can't believe these sport athletes, who keep doing these idiotic things...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

If you're a multi-millionaire, how hard is it to get a gun permit? Seriously.

SMH
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChrisCrossed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

if thats true she's wrong for that one. unless he was physically abusing her or their children(if they have any). you should never dime out someone for having a gun that isnt a thug. i mean she's seriously trying to have this dude put in jail. thats pretty crazy.

Apparently he pointed it at someone, least that's what I read when I first saw the report on Reddit. If he really did point it at someone then it was right to tell.

At any rate why would a rich athlete even think of carrying a gun in this city. We have some of the strictest gun laws around which have a minimum of jail time. Did he not learn from Plaxico Buress. Felton gone e'ffed up big time.

Last edited by ChrisCrossed on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

Good, the more drama the easier SAS goes crazy and the faster Melo bolts!!! SAS having a break down on twitter this morning!!!!
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

Knicks fans rejoice
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

Knicks should just have Beetlejuice from Howard Stern take his place. No one will know the difference.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

No stand your ground defense in NY for you Fat Felton
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

We already knew he couldn't shoot. The cops just made it official.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

ChrisCrossed wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Apparently he pointed it at someone, least that's what I read when I first saw the report on Reddit. If he really did point it at someone then it was right to tell.

At any rate why would a rich athlete even think of carrying a gun in this city. We have some of the strictest gun laws around which have a minimum of jail time. Did he not learn from Plaxico Buress. Felton gone e'ffed up big time.
he wasnt carrying the gun. it was at his home. not saying he never cared it outside with him. but i'm saying no one ever caught him outside with it. so to that effect he has stayed within that part of the law. his issue is the fact the gun isnt licensed and those bullets.

now to your question why would a very rich black athlete carry a gun? to protect himself. he has more to lose then most of us. someone will say he should pay for security sure he could do that. but how much will that run him? if his soon to be ex wife never ratted him out he would've never been caught.

to the part about him pointing it at someone. who did he point it at? what was the reason for that moment occurring?

i still would not have turned it in to the police. maybe i would've disposed of it some how. she could've bought a safe. locked it in the safe and never gave him the combination. that way she never has to risk jail time by walking around or riding around with a gun either.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

SMH
it doesnt matter in NY. you cant go anywhere with your legal gun without catching hell if the cops stop you. but i agree how on earth are you rolling around with a shady gun when you're rich. at minimum get it registered. and leave that puppy on your dresser with regular bullets. armor piercing bullets??? who do you think is coming after you fat felton?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
22 wrote:

SMH
it doesnt matter in NY. you cant go anywhere with your legal gun without catching hell if the cops stop you. but i agree how on earth are you rolling around with a shady gun when you're rich. at minimum get it registered. and leave that puppy on your dresser with regular bullets. armor piercing bullets??? who do you think is coming after you fat felton?

Agreed. All that fat must be stopping the blood from getting to his brain LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

He is unbelievably screwed. NY gun laws are incredibly severe.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Knicks guard Raymond Felton was arraigned in court Tuesday on felony gun charges, he is being charged with 2 counts of weapons possession. He posted $25,000 bail, was ordered a 6 month order of protection from his wife and is to reappear in court June 2.
According to Ian Begley of ESPN NY:

Felton was issued a six-month order of protection from his wife and bail was set at $25,000. Bail has been posted and there are no legal restrictions on his ability travel.
Court was adjourned in Felton’s case until June 2, at which point grand jury action may take place.

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2014/...-court-june-2/
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

mandatory 3.5 years in ny, but that giants receiver plea bargained it down to 2 years. Chances of avoiding jail time if found guilty is basically zero.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Did he point it at his wife?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Wonder how he will do in the prison rec league
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
mandatory 3.5 years in ny, but that giants receiver plea bargained it down to 2 years. Chances of avoiding jail time if found guilty is basically zero.

He is screwed.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

SMH

Well it is New York...hello, not exactly a gun friendly town.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11122766/raymond-felton-new-york-knicks-reaches-plea-deal-avoids-jail-gun-case

Quote:
Raymond Felton avoids jail time

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks point guard Raymond Felton will avoid jail time and be able to continue his basketball career without interruption after reaching a plea agreement on two felony gun charges in court on Monday morning.

As part of the agreement, Felton will have to plead guilty to at least one of those felony gun charges -- criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree or criminal possession of a firearm -- complete 500 hours of community service, pay a $5,000 fine, register as a gun offender and waive his right as a defendant to appeal the case.

[+] EnlargeRaymond Felton
Marc Serota/Getty Images
Raymond Felton will avoid jail time after reaching a plea agreement on two felony gun charges. He was facing a maximum sentence of seven years in prison.
Felton, who wore a black suit and sported rimmed glasses, did not speak at his hearing on Monday in Manhattan Criminal Court. He would not take questions from reporters, but did issue a statement aloud outside the court room.

"I just want to say that I want to thank the DA for being fair to me in this whole situation," Felton said. "I want to thank all my friends, my family especially, my fans, everybody just for supporting me and understanding the person I am."

Felton turned himself in and was arrested on the morning of Feb. 25 following his team's loss to the Dallas Mavericks after his wife, Ariane Raymondo-Felton, alleged that Felton threatened her with a firearm. Court records show that Raymondo-Felton filed for divorce from Felton exactly a week earlier.

According to a criminal complaint provided by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, Felton was in possession of an FN model 5.7x28 millimeter caliber semiautomatic pistol loaded with approximately 18 rounds of live ammunition. Raymondo-Felton went to a Manhattan police precinct and turned over the gun prior to the Knicks-Mavericks game.

If convicted on the two felony gun charges, Felton could've faced a maximum sentence of seven years in prison.

"We want to thank the DA's office for focusing on the facts and only the facts. It's very clear that there was no proof, that there was never any proof that he ever used, threatened or pointed this gun at anyone," Felton's attorney, Jim Walden, said. "He never did that. It was a bold-faced lie. We're grateful that the DA's office saw through that and is going to allow him to continue his basketball career without interruption."

Felton, 29, has two years remaining on the four-year, $15 million contract with a player option he signed with the Knicks.

League sources have told ESPNNewYork.com that Knicks president Phil Jackson will look to trade Felton in the offseason, but that could prove difficult.

Felton averaged a career-low 9.7 points per game on 39.5 percent shooting in 2013-14. He missed 17 games due to injury.

There will be a hearing for Felton next Monday, but he will not have to appear.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

Looks like PJax is going to have to clean house with or without Melo.
Seems like every time it looks like the Knicks are going to rebuild they assemble a new group of losers to pass the torch to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: