Lakers in the News 2/25/14: Jimmer Fredette: Lakers, or others After Buyout? & Remaining Lakers schedule is daunting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Lakers in the News 2/25/14: Jimmer Fredette: Lakers, or others After Buyout? & Remaining Lakers schedule is daunting

Quote:
Jimmer Fredette News: Lakers, Knicks, Nuggets Possible Landing Spots After Buyout?
By Anthony Riccobono
on February 25 2014 11:25 AM

Jimmer Fredette’s time with the Sacramento Kings is coming to an end. The two sides are finalizing an agreement on a buyout for the guard’s contract, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

New York is a possible landing spot for Jimmer Fredette. Reuters

Fredette’s days with the Kings have been numbered since the beginning of the 2013-2014 season, when the organization decided not to exercise his option for next year.Jimmer Fredette News: Lakers, Knicks, Nuggets Possible Landing Spots After Buyout?

http://www.ibtimes.com/jimmer-fredette-news-lakers-knicks-nuggets-possible-landing-spots-after-buyout-1557764

Last edited by Cha*n on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Another castoff to rehabilitate in MDA's system.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers want to SAVE money, not add another guard on their payroll.
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Lakers-Pacers Preview
RECOMMEND0TWEET1
STATS LLC
Many praised the Indiana Pacers as the biggest winner at last week's trade deadline.

They'll get their first chance to see their new acquisitions in action on Tuesday night as Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen are expected to make their debuts against the visiting Los Angeles Lakers.

On pace for the second 60-win season in franchise history, Indiana (42-13) has already cemented itself as one of the top contenders for the league title. The Pacers lead the NBA in both points allowed (90.9 ppg) and defensive field-goal percentage (41.3). Paul George has again elevated his game, ranking among the top 10 scorers with 22.7 points per game after finishing 25th last season.

However, a lack of scoring punch from the bench remains one of the Pacers' few weaknesses, especially given Danny Granger's injuries and overall ineffectiveness.

They cut ties with Granger last week, sending him and a future second-round pick to Philadelphia in exchange for Turner and Allen. It's not clear exactly how Allen will fit into a crowded frontcourt rotation that already sees David West, Roy Hibbert, Luis Scola and Ian Mahinmi play regular minutes. But Turner, who was leading the 76ers with a career-best 17.4 points per game, should provide a spark for the team's second unit.

Indiana's bench ranks near the bottom of the league with 25.8 points per game.

"I think he's going to help us tremendously," West told the team's website. "He adds a shot-creator and he's a big-moment guy."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/preview?id=400489720
Choson1
Star Player
Star Player

It would be so tank of us to pick him up!@ DO IT MITCH!!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

why? no thx
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Preview: Lakers at Indiana Pacers

Lakers center Pau Gasol challenges Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert for a rebound. (Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press / January 28, 2014)
By Eric Pincus
February 25, 2014, 6:00 a.m.
While the Lakers (19-37) have the worst record in the Western Conference, the Indiana Pacers (42-13) are not only tops in the Eastern Conference, but in the entire NBA.
Indiana plays stifling defense, holding teams to a league-best 90.9 points a night. Though the Pacers score only 98.8 a game, their point differential of 7.9 is unmatched.
Although the Lakers score at a decent clip (100.6 a game), they allow 105.9 -- worst in the West.
Indiana recently acquired guard Evan Turner from the Philadelphia 76ers for veteran Danny Granger.
The Lakers will play without Steve Nash (nerve root irritation), Kobe Bryant (knee) and Xavier Henry (knee).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-indiana-pacers-20140225,0,7243470.story#ixzz2uNUyseKm
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject:

He would be a good fit in the offense but we have too many guards.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Last-Place Lakers at First-Place Pacers
The Lakers are at the bottom of the Western Conference as they meet the team with the best record in the NBA, the Indiana Pacers, on Tuesday.
By Shahan Ahmed | Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 | Updated 9:22 AM PSTView Comments (0) | Email | Print

The Los Angeles Lakers will have to battle to simply not get run over by the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday night

On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Lakers are in Indianapolis to take on the Indiana Pacers, and these two teams could not be on further ends of the spectrum.

The Pacers are the best team in the East, and the Lakers are the worst team in the West. The Pacers have won seven of the last 10 games, and the Lakers have lost seven of their last 10 games. All things considered, the Pacers are one of the favorites to win the title this season and for the foreseeable future, and the Lakers, well, are not.

This season, the Lakers are so far behind the Pacers that even if the Lakers had twice as many wins at this point in the season, they would still fall four wins short of Indiana.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/triple-threat/Lakers-at-Pacers-247086051.html
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Nick Young to sit next two games
Updated: February 25, 2014, 2:56 PM ET
By Dave McMenamin | ESPNLosAngeles.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- Nick Young still is experiencing pain in his left knee and will not play on the Los Angeles Lakers' two-game road trip against the Indiana Pacers and Memphis Grizzlies.

Young, who suffered a non-displaced fracture of the patella and a bone bruise in his left knee Feb. 5 against the Cleveland Cavaliers, played 20 minutes against the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday but did not participate in shootaround Tuesday morning in Indianapolis.

Nick Young said he was playing "through adrenaline" when he scored 10 points against the Nets on Sunday. The next day, pain settled in again.
"I'd say I was playing through adrenaline," Young said of the Nets game, when he scored 10 points on 3-for-4 shooting. "[Monday] I felt more pain once I settled down."

The Lakers are officially listing Young as day to day because of soreness in his knee.

Young was cleared by Lakers physician Steve Lombardo to return last week and went through three practices before getting back in the lineup. He opted against getting a follow-up MRI on the knee.

"I kept telling myself I think I can play," Young said. "It wasn't an ACL injury or nothing where I really had to sit out. I felt like if I was 80 percent, I could play. That's what I was feeling."

Young plans to fully recover before attempting another comeback.

"It's something that can get worse or cause other injuries, that's why they want me to wait until I'm pain free," said Young, who added his knee felt "a little bit worse" after the Nets game.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10516014/nick-young-sit-los-angeles-lakers-trip-due-ailing-knee
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Remaining Lakers schedule is daunting
February, 25, 2014

AM PT
By Dave McMenamin

INDIANAPOLIS -- On Tuesday, the Lakers are in Indianapolis, the site of the NFL Draft combine.

While the NBA’s pre-draft camp in Chicago isn’t until May, and its player draft won’t take place until June 26 in New York, forgive L.A. fans if they’re perhaps counting down to those events more than investing in the 26 games left on the team’s regular season schedule.

In the first of those remaining 26 games, the Lakers face the league-best Pacers at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, where Indiana is 26-3. The Lakers beat the Pacers in Indiana last season. But things were a little different then. Dwight Howard racked up 20 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks. Steve Nash chipped in 15 points and nine assists in perhaps his best game as a Laker and Metta World Peace (remember him?) added 19 points, seven rebounds and two steals.

Now Howard is in Houston, of course, and Nash, still sidelined with nerve irritation, isn’t walking through that door. In fact, the only active Lakers remaining from last year’s win in Indy are Robert Sacre (who played just three minutes in that game) and Jodie Meeks (who went 0-for-7 from the field).

Currently owners of the worst record in the Western Conference at 19-37, the Lakers are just behind Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Orlando and Boston in the “race” for the worst record in the NBA. And with 26 games left to play, a look at the schedule has essentially become a look ahead to how many games they might lose, and to where that total might put them in the upcoming draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/38983/remaining-lakers-schedule-is-daunting
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Nick Young is the latest Laker to sit out more games

The Lakers' Nick Young will sit out Tuesday's game at Indiana and Wednesday's at Memphis because of lingering soreness in his left knee. (Stephen Dunn / Getty Images)
By Mike Bresnahan
February 25, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

INDIANAPOLIS -- No surprise, another Lakers player will miss some games.

Nick Young will sit out Tuesday's game at Indiana and Wednesday's at Memphis because of lingering soreness in his left knee.

Young returned Sunday from a six-game absence because of a bone bruise and non-displaced fracture in the knee. He had 10 points against Brooklyn in the Lakers' 108-102 loss.

Did he come back too early?

INTERACTIVE: Track the Lakers line-up merry-go-round

"Nah, I wanted to. I kept telling myself I think I could play," Young said Tuesday. "It wasn't nothing like an ACL injury, where I really had to sit out. I felt like I was 80%."

He nodded toward his teammates while talking to reporters after the Lakers' morning shoot-around.

"I wish I was in L.A., though. I don't want to see these guys no more. It's depressing," he said jokingly.

Then he and reserve center Chris Kaman had a sarcastic exchange about Young missing more games.

"So you're not playing tonight?" Kaman said.

"You've seen me resting this whole [shoot-around]," Young replied.

"I just thought you was resting or something," Kaman said. "It's all good."

Kaman and Young often duel via sarcasm in the locker room.

Young is averaging 16.8 points this season, his first with the Lakers.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-nick-young-20140225,0,4630175.story#ixzz2uNXIIAd4
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Another castoff to rehabilitate in MDA's system.

"castoffs" could be the new Lakers nickname for some time, hopefully a short time.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Jimmer would be a great fit for our offense but wouldn't we have to release someone?
erisian
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

release Sacre, pick up Fredette?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

i want Jimmer! he got potential!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Oh just no, we don't need this kid. I don't know if he's better than Marshall at this point.

If we get another PG, lets get someone outstanding.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Three-point shooters die in Los Angeles... so no.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

He will be starting after one game!!!!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:

lol, Baze reference? he's averaging like 18 in 3 games. and maybe Jimmer will deserve to start at PG, Marshall isnt enough of a scoring threat IMO and Jimmer has potential
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

only if the Lakers release brooks, otherwise i dont see a chance. But it wouldnt surprise me cause both Brooks and Bazemore chuck quite a bit, while dont being really good shooters. Jimmer can shoot
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

lol, Baze reference? he's averaging like 18 in 3 games. and maybe Jimmer will deserve to start at PG, Marshall isnt enough of a scoring threat IMO and Jimmer has potential

And this is why gets cut...and add him to another no D PG...
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Too small for a SG and no PG handles. Tweener.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Too small for a SG and no PG handles. Tweener.

he has sufficient PG handles. hes not blowing by in 1v1 but the handles are sufficient - especially in this PnR heavy NBA - where even X got away w/playing point; Jimmers handle is much better than X.
i think hes a tweener because at his height he needs to be more willing to pass and run an offense instead of being so shoot-first --- buuut in todays NBA where shoot 1st PGs have begun to saturate the league, i think that Jimmer can possibly break out. i think he has potential
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

I would.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: