magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
Good to see the old veteran Pau running with these young fellas. Really surprised he played 39 minutes today. 20 points, 11 rebounds and 3 assists.

You wouldn't think that by some of the posts in the thread.....

Well in the final 6 minutes, he went 1-3 and had 2 turnovers. But him playing horrible in crunch time is something I'm sure we are all used to

There they go again hating on Pau. Pau had a good, solid game for us and made clutch free throws at the end. MDA played him more minutes than anyone else on the team and the whole 4th quarter.

Damn, even when we win, there is still hate
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

I have missed so many games due to work and school, but it is good to hear that Meeks, went off.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

KUDOS TO PAU!!

and......

KUDOS TO JODIE M.! .. Multi-tasking today

https://twitter.com/LakersCommunity/status/442800752084275200/photo/1
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
From Elias: This is the first time that the worst team in a conference beat the best team in that conference in March or later since April 18, 2001 (the last game of that season) when the Bulls (14-67) defeated the 76ers (56-25).
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

chickensandwich wrote:
somebody please explain what in the world "inherit the earth" is supposed to mean as an article headline for this game.

The meek shall inherit the earth.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
That sound you hear is OKC's window closing. The West will only get better and they still haven't figured out the Westbrook/durant issue. Letting Harden go will always be looked at as disaster. When KD leaves OKC they will become a doormat lottery team. No FA's will go there to play without KD as a draw.

i agree with your opinion

Edit: What i dont like is that KD and Harden are best friends forever. So Houston is a real possibility for Durant in the future, i'm afraid

They won't have the capspace, unless they drop Harden or Howard. Both combined will receive $39 million on 2016, when Durant is a FA.

The expected cap that year is expected to be well into the 70 millions since its new tv rights year, besides Dwight could always opt out and take a slightly smaller deal to clear space
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject:

This game proved that its not the players. they can play when they want to. It really is the lack of coaching/motivation from the coaches that causes this inconsistent play.

MDA is an analyst type. He's the guy devising schemes behind the scenes. Motivation, communication and leadership is not his strength. We need a change.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
This game proved that its not the players. they can play when they want to. It really is the lack of coaching/motivation from the coaches that causes this inconsistent play.

MDA is an analyst type. He's the guy devising schemes behind the scenes. Motivation, communication and leadership is not his strength. We need a change.

Wouldn't that prove that it IS the players? If they can't get motivated to play, they don't need a new coach, they need a new occupation.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
chickensandwich wrote:
somebody please explain what in the world "inherit the earth" is supposed to mean as an article headline for this game.

The meek shall inherit the earth.

From Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, in the New Testament, Matthew 5:5 -"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Wouldn't that prove that it IS the players? If they can't get motivated to play, they don't need a new coach, they need a new occupation.

these guys are mostly young. they need direction. and yes, part of a coaches job is to create a good motivational, competitive atmosphere. there are a lot of examples where a coach makes a huge difference.

Look at the SC football team this year. the players quit on kiffin. when a new coach came around it positively effected the play on the field. Guys started to play harder. Same with the Lakers in 99. Phil came and led the same squad as last year (minus NVE and Eddie) to a title.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

these guys are mostly young. they need direction. and yes, part of a coaches job is to create a good motivational, competitive atmosphere. there are a lot of examples where a coach makes a huge difference.

Look at the SC football team this year. the players quit on kiffin. when a new coach came around it positively effected the play on the field. Guys started to play harder. Same with the Lakers in 99. Phil came and led the same squad as last year (minus NVE and Eddie) to a title.

I'm laughing so hard as I write this. You really think the team as they sit now are a good team because they beat the thunder? You really think that the Coach is holding the team back?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I'm laughing so hard as I write this. You really think the team as they sit now are a good team because they beat the thunder? You really think that the Coach is holding the team back?

Relax, they're not as good as the Thunder of course. the thunder were sleep walking. But they did come back from 18 points down. the team that showed up against the Clippers couldn't do that. Today's team was a different team. Mister 'I didn't play Pau because I wanted to win the game' can't get these guys to play consistently, particularly on D. And that's a coaches responsibility, to get his team to play D. Can't believe there are some people who are still defending MDA after Thursday.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kermitwashington wrote:
lakermann44 wrote:
big time effort today see a few keepers for 2014

Farmar, Bazemore, Johnson and Meeks?

johnson? hell no

Why so down on Johnson. He had a decent game on defense.
Stats were like. 11 points 5 assists 1 block 1 steal
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Why the hell is Ryan Kelly's cross not on the top 10 highlights on nba.com?
christhn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Why the hell is Ryan Kelly's cross not on the top 10 highlights on nba.com?

Because no one outside of LA (and even a lot of those in LA) know who he is
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Relax, they're not as good as the Thunder of course. the thunder were sleep walking. But they did come back from 18 points down. the team that showed up against the Clippers couldn't do that. Today's team was a different team. Mister 'I didn't play Pau because I wanted to win the game' can't get these guys to play consistently, particularly on D. And that's a coaches responsibility, to get his team to play D. Can't believe there are some people who are still defending MDA after Thursday.

I don't think the MDA blamers can have it both ways. If these guys don't know how to play defense, then I think you can blame coaching. If they do know how to do it but don't bother, then it is a team full of lazy jerks that all need to be out of the league and working 9-5s like the rest of us.

Is there a Laker player that said the pregame pep talk was bad on Thursday and it made it hard to focus and play defense? Or anyone that said they didn't like DAntoni so he wasnt bothering to play hard? Coaching is a constant. It doesn't change wildly from game to game.

This team lets its offense dictate its defense. When they are shooting well, that means they're getting back on defense and don't have to deal with run outs and fast breaks. It also means they have momentum and get a much longer leash from the refs, who are afraid to call touch fouls that will turn the crowd against them. These guys aren't good enough to consistently succeed with jump shots so they will always be bipolar. They'll be hot or they'll be cold. When they're cold, the other teams run it down their throats.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I don't think the MDA blamers can have it both ways. If these guys don't know how to play defense, then I think you can blame coaching. If they do know how to do it but don't bother, then it is a team full of lazy jerks that all need to be out of the league and working 9-5s like the rest of us.

Is there a Laker player that said the pregame pep talk was bad on Thursday and it made it hard to focus and play defense? Or anyone that said they didn't like DAntoni so he wasnt bothering to play hard? Coaching is a constant. It doesn't change wildly from game to game.

This team lets its offense dictate its defense. When they are shooting well, that means they're getting back on defense and don't have to deal with run outs and fast breaks. It also means they have momentum and get a much longer leash from the refs, who are afraid to call touch fouls that will turn the crowd against them. These guys aren't good enough to consistently succeed with jump shots so they will always be bipolar. They'll be hot or they'll be cold. When they're cold, the other teams run it down their throats.

Look, we HATE MDA, period! No matter what he does, we never gonna give him props. We want him out!!!! It's that simple. When the team wins, its inspite of the coach, when the team loses its because of the coach. Got it??!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
danzag wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
That sound you hear is OKC's window closing. The West will only get better and they still haven't figured out the Westbrook/durant issue. Letting Harden go will always be looked at as disaster. When KD leaves OKC they will become a doormat lottery team. No FA's will go there to play without KD as a draw.

Edit: What i dont like is that KD and Harden are best friends forever. So Houston is a real possibility for Durant in the future, i'm afraid

They won't have the capspace, unless they drop Harden or Howard. Both combined will receive $39 million on 2016, when Durant is a FA.

The expected cap that year is expected to be well into the 70 millions since its new tv rights year, besides Dwight could always opt out and take a slightly smaller deal to clear space

Highly unlikely to happen, but you never know what's going on Dwight's head
Lake_Show99th
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

Best game of the season best game I had been to all year!!!
Lake_Show99th
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
Iconic wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
Good to see the old veteran Pau running with these young fellas. Really surprised he played 39 minutes today. 20 points, 11 rebounds and 3 assists.

You wouldn't think that by some of the posts in the thread.....

Well in the final 6 minutes, he went 1-3 and had 2 turnovers. But him playing horrible in crunch time is something I'm sure we are all used to

There they go again hating on Pau. Pau had a good, solid game for us and made clutch free throws at the end. MDA played him more minutes than anyone else on the team and the whole 4th quarter.

Damn, even when we win, there is still hate

Pau was playing good but should have gotten more rest end of 3rd part of 4th he was extremely fatigued
Wtf why don't we play Kaymon
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Telleris wrote:
danzag wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Highly unlikely to happen, but you never know what's going on Dwight's head

Morey will figure a way to clear if needed. There is even talk of Melo headed there this off-season.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Look, we HATE MDA, period! No matter what he does, we never gonna give him props. We want him out!!!! It's that simple. When the team wins, its inspite of the coach, when the team loses its because of the coach. Got it??!!!

What has he done to deserve any props? Get us 22 wins? Alienate the bigs? Tell the fanbase to get lost?
I wonder how Kobe will hold up/manage playing in that system next year. Let's see if we're all still laughing with this system this same time next season
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38
Jump to: