Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
Quote:
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon is facing a season-long suspension after another failed drug test months ago, this time for marijuana, sources told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Friday.

Reached by phone Friday afternoon, Gordon said: "That's something you're going to have to talk to [agent] Drew Rosenhaus about. I really don't know anything about it."

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10908822/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-faces-season-long-suspension

Welcome to the Browns, Manziel?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Those ex-Gators... I'm sure his eyes were wide open for this one

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-nfl-receiver-reche-caldwell-arrested-again--this-time-for-allegedly-selling-ecstasy-200522058.html

Quote:
Former NFL receiver Reche Caldwell arrested again, this time for allegedly selling Ecstasy

Reche Caldwell has gone from an NFL career to a life of crime.

Caldwell was arrested Tuesday in Tampa and accused of selling the drug Ecstasy, according to TBO.com. He was released from jail on Wednesday after posting a $2,000 bond. Caldwell faces one felony charge of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, according to jail records.

This is Caldwell’s second arrest in the past five months.

Caldwell, 35, was arrested in January for allegedly running an illegal gambling operation in Tampa with two other men. According to jail records, Caldwell has been arrested four times in Tampa since 2009.

Prior to Caldwell’s criminal problems, he was standout receiver at the University of Florida, and eventually became a second-round pick by the San Diego Chargers in 2002. Caldwell was an underachiever throughout his career, but he had 760 receiving yards and four touchdowns with the Patriots in 2006. He spent the 2007 season with the Washington Redskins before his career ended.

Broncos receiver Andre Caldwell is Reche’s younger brother. Andre Caldwell signed a two-year deal worth up to $3.45 million with the Broncos this offseason. He is expected to move up Denver’s depth chart after Eric Decker’s signing with the New York Jets during free agency.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
Quote:
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon is facing a season-long suspension after another failed drug test months ago, this time for marijuana, sources told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Friday.

Reached by phone Friday afternoon, Gordon said: "That's something you're going to have to talk to [agent] Drew Rosenhaus about. I really don't know anything about it."

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10908822/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-faces-season-long-suspension

My friend was telling me they've signed Miles Austin

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10943493/robert-mathis-indianapolis-colts-suspended-four-games-peds

Quote:
Robert Mathis suspended 4 games

Mathis Suspended Four Games

NFL sacks champion Robert Mathis admits he made a mistake late last season.

Now it's going to cost him -- four games and four paychecks.

Colts linebacker Robert Mathis says his drug violation came after he was prescribed medication to deal with fertility issues.
The Colts' career sacks leader was suspended Friday by the NFL after violating the league's ban on performance-enhancing substances. The linebacker said in a statement he was seeking fertility assistance. He acknowledged that he and his wife are expecting a baby.

Mathis will be eligible to return to the Colts' active roster on Monday, Sept. 29, following the team's Sept. 28 game against the Tennessee Titans.

Mathis released a statement Friday detailing his explanation for the positive test:

"It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double-check before I took the medication at the end of last season.

"The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross-check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance-enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union.

"The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."

Robert Mathis led the NFL in sacks and forced fumbles last season. In fact, he virtually out-produced all of his teammates in those areas.

Denise White, Mathis' spokesperson, said the player's mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 esophageal cancer last August. To help give her another grandchild, Mathis began consulting a physician, Dr. Steven Morganstern in Atlanta, about fertility drugs. His wife, Brandi, was unable to take them due to a health situation, so the doctor recommended Mathis taking Clomid to speed up the process.

He began taking Clomid last November and stopped taking it after he found out his wife was pregnant. Mathis was notified this year that he violated the league's substance policy. He had appealed the decision and lost. His wife is pregnant with a girl and is due this fall.

Mathis' mother is still alive.

"We have learned that Robert Mathis will be required to serve a four-game suspension under the league's policy on prohibited substances," the Colts said in a statement. "We recognize the extreme seriousness of this matter and will honor the confidentiality requirements of the league's program. We nevertheless wish to assure Robert and our fans that he remains an honored and cherished member of the Colts family and that we support him as he deals with this difficult challenge."

Losing Mathis is a substantial blow to the Colts' defense. He had 19.5 sacks last season, and Indianapolis will miss his presence because its first two games in 2014 are at Denver, which led the league in scoring this past season, and against Philadelphia, which was fourth.

He remains eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10941070/wes-welker-denver-broncos-was-overpaid-14000-kentucky-derby-wager-churchill-downs

Quote:
Churchill wants Welker back in '15

Welker's Derby Day Windfall Questioned

Darren Rovell discusses Churchill Downs' claim that a tote error resulted in Wes Welker being overpaid on a wager at its race track.

Earlier this month, Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker was seen at the Kentucky Derby carrying a huge stack of cash after winning a bet, even handing out $100 bills to random people.

Now Churchill Downs, which puts on the event, says that money might not have been rightfully his.

Welker You name the bet, I pretty much had it. I had a wad of tickets, and almost every single one won.

-- Wes Welker
"An individual believed to be a member of Wes Welker's group on Kentucky Derby day was the beneficiary of an overpayment north of $14,000 on a wager due to a tote malfunction," Churchill Downs spokesman Darren Rogers said in a statement. "In turn, a letter has been sent to that individual in an attempt to resolve the error."

TMZ reported that Welker sent a friend to collect the winnings. That person was supposed to receive $42,295.35 but instead was given $57,193.90.

According to Kentucky administrative regulations, if there is an overpayment as a result of the calculation of a payout, the track is responsible and the patron holding the ticket does not have to refund the money. The regulations are not clear whether their overpayment is the result of an error in the operation of the tote machine.

Although Churchill Downs sent the letter to Welker's acquaintance offering ways to pay back the difference, Rogers told ESPN.com on Friday afternoon that the track does not expect to be paid back.

"It is our mistake and we are not worried about the recovery of the money," Rogers said. "We hope they come back to Churchill Downs and wager that $14,000 next year."

Rogers said the individual malfunction that led to the overpayment happens about once every three years at Churchill Downs.

Welker, who owns race horses, told "The Dan Patrick Show" on Friday that he never calculated how much he and his friends were due and that Churchill Downs could have underpaid them and they wouldn't have known.

He and his friends made the bulk of their money by boxing Commanding Curve, a 37-1 long shot that finished second in the Derby. A $2 exacta bet, for example, with winner California Chrome and Commanding Curve paid out $340 that day.

When pressed by Patrick to reveal how much he won, Welker hedged in his response.

"Enough," he said. "Enough to where my wife didn't hate me when I got home. Why do we have to go into numbers here? It was a good time."

As for all those $100 bills?

"People wanted autographs and pictures coming down, so I was like, 'Hey, wouldn't $100 be nicer?'" Welker said. "And they were like, 'Yes.' I was like, 'Perfect. So, here you go.'"
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/17/nfl-responds-to-agents-statement-regarding-robert-mathis/

Quote:
NFL responds to agent’s statement regarding Robert Mathis

Typically, the NFL says nothing about the suspension of a player for violating the policy regarding performance-enhancing substances. As a practical matter, this allows the player and/or his agent to offer up to the public a dog-ate-my-homework-style excuse that would then be unchallenged by the NFL.

In the case of Colts defensive end Robert Mathis, the NFL has departed from its usual policy, responding to the statement issued by agent Hadley Englehard.

Englehard called the suspension “unjust and unfair,” explaining that Mathis was taking a fertility drug in order to have another child. The drug is on the list of banned substances.

“As Mr. Mathis’s agent acknowledged today, his client failed to follow the protocols in the policy that the NFL and NFLPA agreed upon to address precisely these kinds of claims,” the league said. “That policy also prescribes the disciplinary consequences of a positive test. The policy does not provide — nor should it provide — for the Commissioner to override the policy’s procedures and assess discipline on an after-the-fact, ad hoc basis. Here Mr. Mathis actually withdrew his appeal and accepted discipline at the union’s suggestion. His hearing took place only after the Players Association requested that the appeal be reinstated.

“The drug for which Mr. Mathis tested positive is not approved by the FDA for fertility in males and is a performance-enhancing drug that has been prohibited for years. Importantly, Mr. Mathis did not consult with the policy’s Independent Administrator, a physician jointly approved by the NFL and NFL Players Association. Nor did he consult with his team doctor, the team’s training staff, the NFLPA, the league office or the hotline established under the policy to give confidential information to players. Each of these sources would have warned against using this substance.

“A cornerstone of the program is that a player is responsible for what is in his body. Consistent application of the policy’s procedures is critical to the integrity of the program.”

With players and/or their agents consistently attempting to win the P.R. battle that necessarily accompanies a suspension for using performance-enhancing substances, it’s good to that the league finally is willing to set the record straight (even if doing so potentially runs afoul of the spirit of the confidentiality provision). Without that clarification, any player (and, as it seems, every player) can offer up a self-serving explanation that creates the impression the player didn’t actually break the rules.

Even if, you know, he did.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
Quote:

My friend was telling me they've signed Miles Austin

And Earl Bennett. Still nothing next to the loss of Josh Gordon. Austin's been gimpy and a shell of his former self. Even at his peak, didn't bring anything close to what Gordon brought. He managed to lead the league in rec yards despite missing 2 games and having a revolving door of (bleep) at QB.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I love that the NFL punishes weed smoking harsher than steroids. Sure it was Gordon's 2nd time (moron), but he missed 2 games last year, which is just 2 fewer than Mathis, who just got caught doping and oh yeah is coming off a statistally amazing year for him. Ya think there's some smoke there?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 36m
Nothing official from Cowboys, but league sources say Sean Lee told MRI confirms torn ACL in left knee and expected to miss 2014 season
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 36m
Nothing official from Cowboys, but league sources say Sean Lee told MRI confirms torn ACL in left knee and expected to miss 2014 season

As a Penn State alum, this pains me. I loved Sean Lee when he played in Happy Valley.

He's a good player, but the guy just can't stay healthy.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Colin Kaepernick gets 6 year deal worth up at $126m, with 60m guaranteed!

I love the guy, one of my favorite players in the league, but I don't think he's even a top 5 QB yet, and this is a lot of money!

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

I love the guy, one of my favorite players in the league, but I don't think he's even a top 5 QB yet, and this is a lot of money!

LOL! Stupid Niners.
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Niners are my team but damn, that contract.....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-nfl-receiver-reche-caldwell-arrested-again--this-time-for-allegedly-selling-ecstasy-200522058.html

Quote:
Former NFL receiver Reche Caldwell arrested again, this time for allegedly selling Ecstasy

Caldwell was arrested Tuesday in Tampa and accused of selling the drug Ecstasy, according to TBO.com. He was released from jail on Wednesday after posting a $2,000 bond. Caldwell faces one felony charge of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, according to jail records.

Caldwell, 35, was arrested in January for allegedly running an illegal gambling operation in Tampa with two other men. According to jail records, Caldwell has been arrested four times in Tampa since 2009.

Prior to Caldwell’s criminal problems, he was standout receiver at the University of Florida, and eventually became a second-round pick by the San Diego Chargers in 2002. Caldwell was an underachiever throughout his career, but he had 760 receiving yards and four touchdowns with the Patriots in 2006. He spent the 2007 season with the Washington Redskins before his career ended.

Broncos receiver Andre Caldwell is Reche’s younger brother. Andre Caldwell signed a two-year deal worth up to $3.45 million with the Broncos this offseason. He is expected to move up Denver’s depth chart after Eric Decker’s signing with the New York Jets during free agency.

When Reche Caldwell was on the Chargers we called him Ricochet because when you passed him the ball it would Ricochet off his hands like he was allergic to catching it.

He should have been jailed for felony impersonation of a NFL Wide Receiver.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Moses wrote:

LOL! Stupid Niners.

I would've had to think twice giving that kind of money to elite QB's, much less a game-manager with mobility. This hurts because now they have less money to give to the real stars of the team: All on the defensive side.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Good discussion of Kapernick contract, including structural details
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

When Reche Caldwell was on the Chargers we called him Ricochet because when you passed him the ball it would Ricochet off his hands like he was allergic to catching it.

He should have been jailed for felony impersonation of a NFL Wide Receiver.

His brother is definitely the superior WR
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/09/two-arrested-in-drug-bust-at-former-steelers-home/

Quote:
Two arrested in drug bust at former Steelers’ home

Two men were arrested after a huge heroin bust outside Pittsburgh Sunday night, at the home of a former Steelers cornerback.

There was also a chicken involved.

According to KDKA, the DEA and local authorities found 1,500 bricks of heroin. They also seized 16 guns, more than $100,000 in cash and jewelry, Cuban cigars, cars and a live chicken. (I don’t even want to know what they were doing with the poultry).

The bust was at the home of former Steelers cornerback Deshea Townsend, though there was no indication he was involved. He’s coaching at Mississippi State now.

The two men arrested were 33-year-old Price Montgomery and 35-year-old James Perrin.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11061068/david-quessenberry-houston-texans-diagnosed-non-hodgkin-t-lymphoblastic-lymphoma

Quote:
David Quessenberry has lymphoma

HOUSTON -- Texans offensive tackle David Quessenberry has been diagnosed with lymphoma and was placed on the team's non-football injury list Tuesday.

David Quessenberry, 23, has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin T lymphoblastic lymphoma, a relatively rare form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
"The goal of David's treatment is to cure the disease so he can return to the life that he has worked so hard to earn," a statement from Quessenberry's agents at Rep1 Sports read. "David is extremely positive and determined to win this fight against cancer."

Quessenberry experienced shortness of breath during practice on June 3, according to his agents' statement. That and a persistent cough led him to believe he had a chest cold.

He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin T lymphoblastic lymphoma and began treatment later that day. The 23-year-old Quessenberry also took to Twitter on June 3:

On Tuesday, Quessenberry told CSN Houston: "I'm gonna kick the crap outta this thing and come back even stronger! I will win this fight."

He is being treated at MD Anderson hospital in Houston. T-cell lymphomas are fairly rare and account for about 15 percent of all non-Hodgkin lymphoma diagnoses.

"Our medical community here in Houston is the best in the world," Texans general manager Rick Smith said. "We are extremely confident in the care and treatment David will receive. He is a fighter and a courageous young man, and we look forward to his full and complete recovery. We will continue to support him and his family and look forward to his return to the team."

Quessenberry was a sixth-round draft pick in 2013 out of San Jose State. After a promising offseason, he suffered a severe broken foot that landed him on injured reserve for his rookie season.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000357356/article/sean-weatherspoon-out-for-season-with-torn-achilles?campaign=Twitter_atl

Quote:
Sean Weatherspoon out for season with torn Achilles

Atlanta Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is done for the year.

The Falcons announced Tuesday that Weatherspoon will miss the entire 2014 season after suffering an Achilles tendon injury at practice.

"During Sean's run today with our medical staff, he suffered an injury," Falcons coach Mike Smith said. "We sent Sean to the doctor for some additional testing and evaluation and unfortunately the results showed that he ruptured his Achilles tendon.

"Sean had been working extremely hard to get back on the field, but regrettably he will miss the entire 2014 season. He will have a procedure done in the near future and we expect him to make a full recovery."

Weatherspoon, 26, had been working his way back from a knee injury that ended his 2013 season after Week 15. Injuries have become a recurring theme for Weatherspoon, he started last season on short-term injured reserve with a foot issue.

This an extremely tough blow for a shaky Falcons defense that was counting on Weatherspoon to bring some stability to the middle of the unit. The timing is particularly devastating for Weatherspoon, who is entering the final year of his contract.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/12/no-charges-against-colin-kaepernick-from-miami-incident/

Quote:
No charges against Colin Kaepernick from Miami incident

There was a good indication the 49ers weren’t worried about potential charges against Colin Kaepernick when they gave him a contract extension.

And now, there’s legal justification for that call.

Via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, no charges will be filed against the 49ers quarterback from an incident in Miami.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office announced it didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute Kaepernick, or 49ers receiver Quinton Patton or Seattle wide receiver Ricardo Lockette.

“No charges, no indication that a criminal act was committed,” said Ed Griffith of the State Attorney’s Office. “She was alleging that she may have been the victim of a sexual assault, and there was no evidence.”

Kaepernick maintained his innocence throughout, and the 49ers stood by him.

“At some point there needs to be a resolution to some of jump-the-gun, witch-hunt kind of scenario that we’re seeing,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said earlier this offseason. “I mean, the only victim in Colin’s case is Colin’s reputation.”

That has now been cleared.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/13/chiefs-release-cornerback-brandon-flowers/#comments

Quote:
Chiefs release cornerback Brandon Flowers

Brandon Flowers wasn’t around for Chiefs OTAs. And now he won’t be around for any other activities either.

The Chiefs announced they had released the high-priced cornerback Friday afternoon.

Flowers was scheduled to make a $5.25 million this year, and because of those numbers, the Chiefs were willing to trade him. They’ll be able to split the dead money over two years by cutting him now.

The Chiefs were looking to get younger and bigger at the position, but it’s still shocking to see Pro Bowl-level players cut just before the weekend.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/13/chiefs-release-cornerback-brandon-flowers/#comments

Quote:
Chiefs release cornerback Brandon Flowers

Brandon Flowers wasn’t around for Chiefs OTAs. And now he won’t be around for any other activities either.

The Chiefs announced they had released the high-priced cornerback Friday afternoon.

Flowers was scheduled to make a $5.25 million this year, and because of those numbers, the Chiefs were willing to trade him. They’ll be able to split the dead money over two years by cutting him now.

The Chiefs were looking to get younger and bigger at the position, but it’s still shocking to see Pro Bowl-level players cut just before the weekend.

Geez, I know Flowers doesn't fit the scheme but man, at least get something.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Fo...ju5OVvuegOA.99

Quote:
The retired Indianapolis Colts wide receiver was steering his Ford F-350 pickup truck through Wynnefield Heights at about 3:20 a.m. when he was flagged down by a 38-year-old man who had just bolted out of an apartment on Ford Road near Monument Road, police sources told the Daily News.

The panicked man, clad in boxers, was fleeing two intruders who had just broken into his apartment.

The burglars darted outside, the sources said, and one pulled out a gun and fired twice in the direction of the truck.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/16/dallas-clark-to-retire-as-a-colt/#comments

Quote:
Dallas Clark to retire as a Colt

Dallas Clark is calling it a career, and returning to Indianapolis to make his retirement official.

The Colts announced today that Clark will officially retire as a member of the team, with a formal press conference set for Wednesday.

The 35-year-old Clark was the Colts’ first-round draft pick in 2003, and he played nine seasons for the team. He’s the all-time leader in Colts history for catches and touchdowns by a tight end.

After the Colts cut him in March of 2012, Clark played one season in Tampa Bay and one season in Baltimore. He was effective at times last season, catching 31 passes for 343 yards and three touchdowns for the Ravens, but he said this offseason that he wasn’t sure if he could find the right situation this year. It appears that he hasn’t found that situation, and now he’ll enjoy retirement.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 5 of 60
Jump to: