C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject:

Packers got Oberyn Martelled

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Damn, I hate the Pats.
Not a huge Seattle fan either, but they are the lesser of 2 evils

Do we over here, different sport or not, really want the Boston area to win a title? I never want those bostonbakedbeaneaters to be happy. Those clamchowdachuggers. Gotta go with Seattle, though their team is nox. Russell with his God sh, I strained my eyes rolling them back and forth.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS: Patriots under investigation for possibly having deflated the footballs in the AFC championship game.

http://deadspin.com/report-patriots-under-nfl-investigation-for-deflating-1680358128?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject:

^^ Was about to post... Cheatriots at it again... Still hope they beat Seattle tho
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
^^ Was about to post... Cheatriots at it again... Still hope they beat Seattle tho

so we have two teams who head coaches seem to both love to cheat the system. Lol
can't see a seattle repeat. . Go pats
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

so we have two teams who head coaches seem to both love to cheat the system. Lol
can't see a seattle repeat. . Go pats

How does Pete Carroll cheat the system?

Bad sign for people that want the Seahawks to win, the Patriots win the Super Bowl every time they cheat.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
Brady adding to his legacy. All time leader in nfl passing in postseason. Stand up San mateo!

Will lose 3 consecutive Super Bowls and have exactly 0 without cheating. Legacy!
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

Don't the officials make sure the balls are correct before the game starts?
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Mike McCarthy should get fired on the spot and not allowed to be on the team plane back home. how weak was there not going for 4th and goal from 1 yd line TWICE. you know Seattle gonna battle back, that's why you need to capitalize on their mistakes to the fullest.

I'm not going to criticize him for the fourth and ones because they put them in a position to win. They were winning and failed to execute. On the onside kick Bostick was supposed to block. You could see Jordy Nelson waiting for the ball. The up people block so someone else gets the ball. He decided to go for it instead of doing what he was supposed to do and the rest is history.

However one of the biggest aspects that is over looked is the Burnett interception. He intercepts the ball and goes down by himself at their own 43.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-the-packers-blew-the-seahawks-game-2015-1

Watch the video. He has about 20 yards of space in front of him with two blockers in front. If they get in field goal range and make it game over.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

^ Calling 3 straight running plays on their last possession was a lot worse than not going for it on fourth and 1.

They were getting stuffed every time they tried to run it from the 1yd line, so I don't know why people think they would have gotten it. Rodgers was too hurt too go under center, so it really wasn't likely they would get it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
^ Calling 3 straight running plays on their last possession was a lot worse than not going for it on fourth and 1.

They were getting stuffed every time they tried to run it from the 1yd line, so I don't know why people think they would have gotten it. Rodgers was too hurt too go under center, so it really wasn't likely they would get it.

It was almost like they didn't how much time was left in the game and thought they could just run enough time off the clock.

I did wonder if a 16 point lead going into the half was going to be enough though. I give Seattle's defense, especially the secondary, a lot of credit for the win. Hope they can shutdown Brady.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Mike McCarthy should get fired on the spot and not allowed to be on the team plane back home. how weak was there not going for 4th and goal from 1 yd line TWICE. you know Seattle gonna battle back, that's why you need to capitalize on their mistakes to the fullest.

I'm not going to criticize him for the fourth and ones because they put them in a position to win. They were winning and failed to execute. On the onside kick Bostick was supposed to block. You could see Jordy Nelson waiting for the ball. The up people block so someone else gets the ball. He decided to go for it instead of doing what he was supposed to do and the rest is history.

However one of the biggest aspects that is over looked is the Burnett interception. He intercepts the ball and goes down by himself at their own 43.

Watch the video. He has about 20 yards of space in front of him with two blockers in front. If they get in field goal range and make it game over.

Yes that was an awkward play where he just dropped down. When I saw it I actually thought it could work both ways, he was being unselfish/how do you know when to take your foot of the gas.

IMO, as a professional team, you can never left up. It's a mindset, either try to execute properly or sit. It's why I usually don't mind when teams keep playing the game to score.

I did think GB needed the clock to run though, you could see Seattle charging and GB curling up into a shell.

As for the fourth and 1's, the first one I understand not going for it, but the 2nd one, I think it made sense to go for it. You make it a 2 score game/pin them in the end zone/already have points on the board.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yeah I agree with that. Most people like to go back to the beginning. On the fourth and ones they still got points. Basically when they got the int with five minutes left the only way Seattle could win was to get a touchdown and onside kick.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

That was surprising. I suppose he was scared (like the rest of the GB team) in that he didn't want to fumble, but all he needed to do was angle towards the sidelines.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

Relating to the under inflated balls. How could the Pats have an advantage. Both teams use the same ball.

I thought the first field goal was premature. If the Pac didn't get the first down or touch down they would have had the Seahawks pinned around the one foot line. A strong defensive stand would have given them good field position.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

That was surprising. I suppose he was scared (like the rest of the GB team) in that he didn't want to fumble, but all he needed to do was angle towards the sidelines.

Exactly I was just going to post that. Run to the sidelines get as must yardage as you can and run out of bounds. From the 43 to the 30 is 27 yards which puts them in field goal range. It looks like he could have got that with ease. It looks like the only people in front of him were Wilson and the offensive lineman
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject:

I hate when teams just stop playing and try to run out the game. If it is under 2 minutes, fine. Otherwise they are doing it far too early. The Packers did that 2 straight possessions before the Seahawks got the lead. So stupid.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
I hate when teams just stop playing and try to run out the game. If it is under 2 minutes, fine. Otherwise they are doing it far too early. The Packers did that 2 straight possessions before the Seahawks got the lead. So stupid.

Its even worse when its the NFL....when they don't even stop the clock for 1st downs. The game is already short enough with a running clock, the fact that the other team can basically end the game with under 2 minutes left if the other team is out of timeouts really bugs me.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
thegreatest wrote:

Its even worse when its the NFL....when they don't even stop the clock for 1st downs. The game is already short enough with a running clock, the fact that the other team can basically end the game with under 2 minutes left if the other team is out of timeouts really bugs me.

how about saving your timeouts. its part of game management.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Damn, I hate the Pats.

Do we over here, different sport or not, really want the Boston area to win a title? I never want those bostonbakedbeaneaters to be happy. Those clamchowdachuggers. Gotta go with Seattle, though their team is nox. Russell with his God sh, I strained my eyes rolling them back and forth.

I feel you on this 100%. The "God is good" stuff these dudes were spewing post-game was nauseating. Don't want to get this thread off the rails, but come on now... Are the Packers a bunch of devil worshippers? LOL The "us against the world" rants are lame. Ugh.... At least we should get some good commercials SB Sunday.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Damn, I hate the Pats.

I feel you on this 100%. The "God is good" stuff these dudes were spewing post-game was nauseating. Don't want to get this thread off the rails, but come on now... Are the Packers a bunch of devil worshippers? LOL The "us against the world" rants are lame. Ugh.... At least we should get some good commercials SB Sunday.

That "us against the world" trash is ridiculous. These ass hats were heavily favored going into the game. Just shut the (bleep) up and play.

Bunch of miserable coozes couldn't even cover against a 1 legged Rodgers at home. Thank God Tom saved the rest of my Sunday. Even better than in the hole!
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:

Packers lost the plot in the end; they did it to themselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Amazing that as conservative as GB played on offense, they took insane gambles on defense. On that touchdown pass late in the fourth quarter, they played the free safety in, (no man high/zone 0). Stupid for a couple of reasons, the most obvious was that if the CB gets beat by a receiver it is a touchdown, the second is that they didn't even disguise the coverage making it easy for Wilson to read the defense and change the play via the audible. If you're going to be that crazy, you send a linebacker to blitz or close to the line on the strong side and have the safety move into the vacated linebacker's coverage on the snap.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Damn, I hate the Pats.

That "us against the world" trash is ridiculous. These ass hats were heavily favored going into the game. Just shut the (bleep) up and play.

Bunch of miserable coozes couldn't even cover against a 1 legged Rodgers at home. Thank God Tom saved the rest of my Sunday. Even better than in the hole!

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Amazing that as conservative as GB played on offense, they took insane gambles on defense. On that touchdown pass late in the fourth quarter, they played the free safety in, (no man high/zone 0). Stupid for a couple of reasons, the most obvious was that if the CB gets beat by a receiver it is a touchdown, the second is that they didn't even disguise the coverage making it easy for Wilson to read the defense and change the play via the audible. If you're going to be that crazy, you send a linebacker to blitz or close to the line on the strong side and have the safety move into the vacated linebacker's coverage on the snap.

I know right.

A touchdown beats you, heck it's almost 99.999% only 3 downs for the offense because of that fact.

Once Wilson diagnosed the play, it was basically a free shot for him. Over the top, so it should either be a TD or incomplete.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60
Jump to: