Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Another good win for the Chargers. They have a pretty soft schedule for the next 4 weeks. Hopefully they can capitalize.

The Chargers are a weird team they could probably lose some of those games.

No doubt. The first two weeks of the season are ample proof of that. Absolutely gave one away to Arizona, then beat up a very good Seahawks team. I think they're capable of beat - or getting beaten by - any team in the league.

I just hope they can get their (bleep) together and get on a nice roll ahead of their matchup with Denver.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Another good win for the Chargers. They have a pretty soft schedule for the next 4 weeks. Hopefully they can capitalize.

The Chargers are a weird team they could probably lose some of those games.

No doubt. The first two weeks of the season are ample proof of that. Absolutely gave one away to Arizona, then beat up a very good Seahawks team. I think they're capable of beat - or getting beaten by - any team in the league.

I just hope they can get their (bleep) together and get on a nice roll ahead of their matchup with Denver.

Enjoyed yesterday as my Bolts got another nice W. Bad news perhaps waiting on Danny Woodhead maybe fracturing his leg, but we'll see.

With the next 4 being Jags, Jets, Raiders & Chiefs, ideally we'd be 6-1 or 5-2 heading into Denver game. Consider also that only Oakland is a road game for SD.

In retrospect, Arizona are an underrated team, they've won the last 2 without Palmer too.

Anyone think there isn't trouble in SF now? That team is finding ways to lose...I know they're kinda dinged up right now, and are most definitely missing Bowman, but I'm starting to see truth in the Harbaugh rumors.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Russell Wilson did that with his legs.....

But you know he's just a game manager.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/22/reports-james-harrison-set-to-rejoin-steelers/

Quote:
Reports: James Harrison to rejoin Steelers

Less than a month after retiring, James Harrison is set to rejoin the club with whom he’s had his greatest success, per multiple published reports.

The Steelers will sign the 36-year-old Harrison this week, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported Monday.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Harrison will meet with the Steelers on Tuesday and is on track to sign, barring any snags.

Long-time Steelers beat reporter Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette also reported that Harrison will rejoin the team after a season away.

And on Instagram, Harrison posted a video suggesting he would be returning to Pittsburgh.

The Steelers are in need of outside linebacking depth after Jarvis Jones was placed on injured reserve/designated for return on Monday, and Harrison is well-versed in Dick LeBeau’s defense. The 36-year-old Harrison played 10 seasons for Pittsburgh (2002, 2004-2012), recording 64 sacks. He played 10 games for Cincinnati in 2013.
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Woodhead out of the season with broken foot

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399099/article/danny-woodheads-season-is-over
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I hope the rules committee changes the overtime touchdown rule. Peyton scored with 91 seconds left in regulation. I'd have like to seen what he would have done with a possession in overtime.

Peyton Manning: Overtime rules 'put a premium on the coin toss'

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject:

^ Do you just want another full quarter? or each team gets a possession and then sudden death if it's still tied?
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

Manti Teo'o to join a host of injured Chargers on the sideline with a fractured foot (again). Woodhead confirmed out for season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ Do you just want another full quarter? or each team gets a possession and then sudden death if it's still tied?

I'm all for most of the touchdown rule. The change I'd like to see is, if a team scores a touchdown on the first possession the opposing team gets one shot at it.

Manning had just tied the game with 91 seconds left in the game. I would have like the rules changed to say he'd get the ball one time. If he tied it the 3 pt rule be in affect.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad Denver lost and all but the OT rules are ridiculous and unfair.

Might as well have sudden death be implemented once again. Manning's right on the money with his comment.

Just because my O beat your D for a TD doesn't mean my team is better than yours. Lets see if your O can return the favor to my D!

If not, then I deserve the W!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I prefer it this way it was last I checked if a FG can win a game in regulation it should in OT as well.

I mean if you want to win the game make sure it doesn't go to OT to begin with.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Eli going nuts today. On a fantasy football team called Super Manning Bros, who'da thunk Eli would score more for me in a week than Peyton did in any week.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Impressive, some genius in my 2 QB league picked up Eli four days ago and 5 TD's later here we are...

Plot twist: That genius was me.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Eli going nuts today. On a fantasy football team called Super Manning Bros, who'da thunk Eli would score more for me in a week than Peyton did in any week.

I figured Eli would have a big game with Peyton out for the bye week those two are rarely good at the same time.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject:

Fire alarm pranks are not funny :at-wits-end:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11605167/philadelphia-eagles-deal-fire-alarm-going-hotel

Quote:
Eagles deal with fire alarm

Talk about a wake-up call.

The Philadelphia Eagles, in San Francisco for a 1:25 p.m. PT game against the 49ers, were awakened in the middle of the night when the fire alarm at their hotel was pulled around 2:30 a.m.

Eagles linebacker Emmanuel Acho wrote about the incident on Twitter, jokingly pinning it on a San Francisco fan trying to get an advantage for the hometown team.

Quarterback Matt Barkley retweeted Acho's comments, adding his own thoughts as well.

The Eagles, 3-0, are off to their best start in 10 years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Clay Matthews gets the interception and then runs out of bounds from Forte? What a sissy.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject:

How about the Eagles!

They make the Niners look really slow in this game so far.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject:

And the Bucs finally win!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
How about the Eagles!

They make the Niners look really slow in this game so far.

They did a good job confusing Kaepernick today.

Great job by the Niner defense who did the same to Foles.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I started Darren Sproles AGAIN this week and he did absolutely nothing. (Return yardage and TDs don't count in our league) The Eagles run game has been horrible for 2 weeks straight.

Bye week really hurt me this week. Had 5 players out. Going to be 2-2 unless T. Kelce and Khiry Robinson have monster games tonight and tomorrow. Yes, I have Sproles and Robinson starting.. (I'm hurting at RB)
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I hope the Cowboys continue to pile on.

Payback for the massacre the Saints gave the Colts a few years back.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

According to sources Dennis Allen will be fired on Tuesday
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

A weird injury tale

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/29/joseph-fauria-blames-his-ankle-injury-on-his-dog/#comments

Quote:
Joseph Fauria blames his ankle injury on his dog

Lions tight end Joseph Fauria missed Sunday’s game against the Jets because he suffered a sprained ankle — not on the field, but in his home.

Fauria said today that the injury happened while he was on his stairs, running to try to stop his three-month-old dog from urinating in the house. His dog is named Little Rufio.

Athletes have been known to concoct stories about their injuries when they’re injured off the field doing something they shouldn’t be doing. But this story is probably too ridiculous to be a lie. If you were going to make something up, wouldn’t you come up with something more believable?

The Lions have had odd injuries to their receiving corps before. Last year, the Lions lost receiver Nate Burleson for several games after he broke his arm in a car accident he caused by steering into a wall while reaching over into the passenger seat to keep a pizza from sliding onto the floor.

In Fauria’s absence, rookie tight end Eric Ebron got more playing time Sunday against the Jets. He made the most of it, catching a touchdown pass, and Fauria said he did a little dance to celebrate while watching from home.

“I almost sprained my other ankle celebrating Eric’s score,” Fauria said.

But Fauria may have to worry that Ebron’s stellar play could squeeze him out of the lineup. If so, Little Rufio may no longer be Fauria’s best friend.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

As I've been saying the past few years, Brady is finished as an elite QB. Forget the excuses about the bad NE offensive line (and yes, they are awful)... and forget the excuses about NE not having a deep threat. NE doesn't have a deep threat for a reason: Brady hasn't had the arm to stretch the field for years. He can't scramble at this point either. He's like a late career Ken Stabler: Smart at calling plays, but absolutely zero ability at delivering the ball to a receiver past 20 yards.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Wow, how timely... Brady just tried to deliver a 20-25 yard pass and got intercepted.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 17 of 60
Jump to: