Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years

The other day during the Lakers & Spurs game, it was noted that Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan had tied Magic, Cooper & Kareem on the winning list for a trio, with only Bird, McHale, & Parrish.

So it got me to thinking, what trio of players would you like to see together for the next 10 years. Let's make it realistic, pick one current Laker, a free agent, & a draft pick.

So here's my trio:

PG Kyle Lowry (free agent)
SF Wesley Johnson (Lakers)
C Joel Embiid (draft)

Of course, things can change like a player staying in school, or a team picking up or declining an option on a player, but this is who I'll go with at this time.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years

AuraStar wrote:
The other day during the Lakers & Spurs game, it was noted that Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan had tied Magic, Cooper & Kareem on the winning list for a trio, with only Bird, McHale, & Parrish.

So it got me to thinking, what trio of players would you like to see together for the next 10 years. Let's make it realistic, pick one current Laker, a free agent, & a draft pick.

So here's my trio:

C Joel Embiid (draft)

Of course, things can change like a player staying in school, or a team picking up or declining an option on a player, but this is who I'll go with at this time.

thats a good trio if you want to stay in lotto every year...jesus christ...Kyle Lowry then Wes Johnson
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Wiggins
Kevin Love
*I can't think of a current Laker that I'd keep for the next 10 years* Uh...Ryan Kelly...?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Bobby Sacre will stay with the lakers for 10+ more years
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins
Durant
Hill

Assuming I don't have to use my free agency pick up this summer.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject:

Wiggins, Stevens, Monroe.

Later sign Durant to replace Kobe.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:

If you want to be realistic, forget the 10 years, go with something like 4 or 6.
10 years take out of the picture any 25+ year old almost (some are still efficient after 35, most aren't)

And I don't really know. A lot of good trios are imaginable.

For next year, Dragic/Lowry/Bledsoe/Thomas + Deng/Ariza + Embiid would be fine to me. I don't want to see further in the future, I think we already have a lot to do next year!!!
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject:

Wiggins, TBD big man in 2016, Coach Derek Fisher.
TheGOATWears#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

Jim, Jeanie, Mitch
"Love me or hate me; it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject:

Russell Westbrook
Andrew Wiggins
Kevin Love

But what you're saying

Xavier Henry
Kevin Durant
Joel Embiid
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

Wiggins, Durant, [insert big man]
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins or Exum (draft pick)
Anthony Davis (FA)...hey, Durant and Love are currently under contract too, so I can dream
Ryan Kelly (current Laker)...would be a nice Matt Bonner-type off the bench.
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years

Quote:
thats a good trio if you want to stay in lotto every year...jesus christ...Kyle Lowry then Wes Johnson

Methinks your exaggerating just a tad wee bit?

Lowry has quietly become one of the best point guards in the Eastern Conference. He's taken the role of being a leader, he's been a catalyst, he's fantastic at running the point and he gets his teammates involved in the game.

Sure Wesley Johnson still has a ways to go, but I know the lakers think he still has the potential to become a Michael Cooper-type forward. What I like about Wesley Johnson is he is always trying to look for ways to improve his game. Kevin Durant has praised Johnson's defense on him, saying he (Durant) has to work for his points. Johnson can score a little bit; I mean, he does have the ability to deliver perimeter shooting and dribble penetration.
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject:

Embiid
Love
Durant
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years

AuraStar wrote:
Quote:

Methinks your exaggerating just a tad wee bit?

Lowry has quietly become one of the best point guards in the Eastern Conference. He's taken the role of being a leader, he's been a catalyst, he's fantastic at running the point and he gets his teammates involved in the game.

Sure Wesley Johnson still has a ways to go, but I know the lakers think he still has the potential to become a Michael Cooper-type forward. What I like about Wesley Johnson is he is always trying to look for ways to improve his game. Kevin Durant has praised Johnson's defense on him, saying he (Durant) has to work for his points. Johnson can score a little bit; I mean, he does have the ability to deliver perimeter shooting and dribble penetration.

Yeah but the op set the standard by using the trio of the Lakers & Celtics, half of whom are hall of famers, then the op compared the trio of Wesley Johnson, Lowry, (i'll accept Embiid because he's one of mine too) to them. That was kind of funny to mention Magic, Kareem, Bird, McHale, and the others in the same breath.

My 3: Embiid, Bledsoe(if he could stay healthy) and Love (only because I don't think Durant is a viable target, but I hope I'm wrong as he_l.)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

Dante
Klay
Kevin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Wiggins, Stevens, Monroe.

Later sign Durant to replace Kobe.

I like it.

Mine is slightly different. I say Bledsoe, Lance Stephenson and Wiggins. I will be happy if we sign 2 of Greg Monroe, Bledsoe or Lance this summer. A lot of people hate Monroe because he is not a defensive stopper, but I like him. He is ONLY 23 and has very good offensive skills. He still has room to grow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject:

Dream (but possibly attainable) for me is still Durant, Wiggins, (big man).

Wiggins can be Durant's Pippen and guard the other team's best player.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years

AuraStar wrote:

So here's my trio:

C Joel Embiid (draft)

When you dream, you sure dream mediocre.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject:

The toture of maybe's and what if's....
a thon
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject:

kevin durant
kevin love
Andrew Wiggins
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

Floyd24NDLAL wrote:
kevin durant
kevin love
Andrew Wiggins

Works for me.
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years

mhan00 wrote:
AuraStar wrote:

So here's my trio:

C Joel Embiid (draft)

I should've clarified my original post then to say a Laker from this year's team, a free agent this year, and a 2014 draft choice, but people jumped on free agents past 2014. Besides, who's to say the players I mentioned couldn't be perennial all-stars for the next 10 years and that the Lakers could have a 4-6 year run at a championship within those 10 years?

If you want to go crazy with free agents and draft picks, then how about Lowry, Durant and Love, and draft Embiid at center or wait for Jahlil Okafur in 2015 (committed to Duke), and then draft somebody like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson in 2015 or wait for somelike Justin Jackson in 2016. Or why not pluck Damian Lilliard, Michael Carter-Williams and Anthony Davis from the 2017 free agency pool too?

The problem, at least initially, with the Lakers drafting Wiggins and getting Durant in 2016 is that Wiggins at 6-8, 200 lbs would probably have start his pro career playing mostly small forward (I can't see Kobe Bryant moving to SF and most analysts think Wiggins will start his career at SG and later swing to SF). At this time we don't know if Bryant will still be playing past 2016 (he may, I mean Jeannie Buss expects him to return to form).

If for 2 years the Lakers had Wiggins playing mostly small forward and the brought Durant in, then somebody would have to be the odd man out--Bryant, Durant, or Wiggins?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years

AuraStar wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
AuraStar wrote:

So here's my trio:

C Joel Embiid (draft)

I should've clarified my original post then to say a Laker from this year's team, a free agent this year, and a 2014 draft choice, but people jumped on free agents past 2014. Besides, who's to say the players I mentioned couldn't be perennial all-stars for the next 10 years and that the Lakers could have a 4-6 year run at a championship within those 10 years?

If you want to go crazy with free agents and draft picks, then how about Lowry, Durant and Love, and draft Embiid at center or wait for Jahlil Okafur in 2015 (committed to Duke), and then draft somebody like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson in 2015 or wait for somelike Justin Jackson in 2016. Or why not pluck Damian Lilliard, Michael Carter-Williams and Anthony Davis from the 2017 free agency pool too?

The problem, at least initially, with the Lakers drafting Wiggins and getting Durant in 2016 is that Wiggins at 6-8, 200 lbs would probably have start his pro career playing mostly small forward (I can't see Kobe Bryant moving to SF and most analysts think Wiggins will start his career at SG and later swing to SF). At this time we don't know if Bryant will still be playing past 2016 (he may, I mean Jeannie Buss expects him to return to form).

If for 2 years the Lakers had Wiggins playing mostly small forward and the brought Durant in, then somebody would have to be the odd man out--Bryant, Durant, or Wiggins?

guys like Wiggins/Durant shouldn't be pigeon holed into NBA "positions." They are pretty versatile on both sides of the ball.
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Rob Sacre for 15 years Chronicle...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: