Shaquille O'Neal under police investigation for incident at TNT studios

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Shaquille O'Neal under police investigation for incident at TNT studios

I wonder if Shaq will not appear on Inside the NBA for a while till this is over.. personally I hope so as he was a pointless addition to the show anyways. Rather have C-Webb or even Rick Fox as the 4th dude if necessary.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/24/report-shaquille-oneal-under-police-investigation-for-incident-at-tnt-studios/comment-page-1/#comments

Quote:
Report: Shaquille O’Neal under police investigation for incident at TNT studios

Shaquille O’Neal has been a very public friend to law enforcement at every stop on his NBA career, but now the TNT analyst is finding himself on the wrong end of police attention.

Shaq is being investigated for a possible assault as part of an incident from March 19 at the TNT studios in Atlanta, reports WSB-TV in Atlanta after obtaining the police report.

Through his attorney Shaq has denied any wrongdoing.

Let’s get the disclaimer out there first — being investigated is very different from being charged with a crime. Someone has filed a complaint against O’Neal but the truth of what really happened is far from clear, that’s what police are trying to sort out. Here is the key parts from the WSB-TV report:

Channel 2’s Ryan Young obtained a police report detailing the incident, but so far, O’Neal has not been charged with anything…

“(The co-worker) alleged Shaquille O’Neal tackled him to the ground causing injury to his back while they were at work at Turner Studios,” said Sgt. Greg Lyon with the Atlanta Police Department….

No one ever called police that night. O’Neal has not been charged. But the police department is still doing an investigation….

O’Neal’s attorney, Dennis Roach, sent a statement about the incident saying, “This was nothing more than horseplay. No one intended for anyone to get injured.”

The victim’s attorney said that surgery was required for the injuries sustained. The intent of O’Neal in any incident very well may not matter.

At this point in any investigation it is wise to take everybody’s account with a grain of salt. Or a handful. And to question what everyone’s motivation may be.

It will be interesting to see how TNT handles this. Because the alleged incident took place on their property you can bet that the company’s lawyers will be all over this as well.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:

Sounds like his fat ass accidentally hurt someone.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

Sir Charles is a snitch
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“This was nothing more than horseplay. No one intended for anyone to get injured.”

I'm sure that's all this was, but Shaq needs to be careful. He's the size of a grizzly bear and super rich to boot.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
“This was nothing more than horseplay. No one intended for anyone to get injured.”

I'm sure that's all this was, but Shaq needs to be careful. He's the size of a grizzly bear and super rich to boot.

They do horseplay a lot over there:
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:

They do horseplay a lot over there:

The "Ray Lewis" couch hahahaha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

at the horseplay.

If a guy got injured because of that horseplay, then that moron needs to learn that not everyone is his size and can take his strength.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind having him gone from the show. But that would not need someone else to get hurt...
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't want to see the trio break up. But I doubt Shaq in a career filled with taunting from others, punks coming up to him in the street, etc... in the TNT studios was doing anything malicious. I'm guessing the statement of horseplay out of control is spot on with what actually happened.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject:

shaq's entertaining, hope he stays on the show. shaqtin a foo won't be the same without him either.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Well he's on tonight and he just joked about the allegations. Doesn't look like he's too worried about this one lol...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Well he's on tonight and he just joked about the allegations. Doesn't look like he's too worried about this one lol...

He laughs off all of them.

Oops, that should read "pays".
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's on record as saying Shaq paid off the "victim" 2.5 mil to make it go away. JK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: