Heat vs Indiana: The Road to the ECF.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Heat vs Indiana: The Road to the ECF.

Maybe it will be Heat and Indiana in the ECF.

Last edited by Jeggs on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject:

At this point, why do you assume that it will be one of them? I'd be the last person to put too much weight on a stretch of regular season games, but the fact remains that -- all of a sudden -- the top six teams in the East aren't that far apart and teams 3 through 6 have been playing better than teams 1 and 2. No one is going to win 60 games (barring a sudden spurt from Indiana or Miami). It would have been unthinkable three months ago, but if the Knicks manage to run down the 8 seed, I think they could make the Pacers sweat in the first round. Likewise, I wouldn't say that the result of Miami vs. Charlotte is a foregone conclusion.

Having said all of that, I'll stick with the Pacers. Despite all of their issues, they can still win with defense. Miami doesn't seem to be able to play good defense this year. I can see one of the other teams pulling an upset of Miami or Indiana, but not upsets of both of them.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to wonder if a third team will shock the world and come out of the East. Most likely won't happen, since the Heat at least will likely turn it on in the playoffs, but it would be interesting. And like you said, neither team is inspiring much confidence right now.

Shockingly, the Nets might have a shot at making the finals despite their massive struggles to start the year.
ChrisCrossed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if a third team will shock the world and come out of the East. Most likely won't happen, since the Heat at least will likely turn it on in the playoffs, but it would be interesting. And like you said, neither team is inspiring much confidence right now.

Shockingly, the Nets might have a shot at making the finals despite their massive struggles to start the year.

Raptors
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I've heard it all depends on Bynum.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I've lost all hope in the Pacers. The Heat will throttle them in 5 or 6 games if they meet in the ECF. David West is the only tough minded player that they have. Everyone else on that squad is soft.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject:

more like King of the Weakst
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

If this was a few months ago, easily the Pacers. They should have already had the conference locked up. I'll still go with Indy.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Great game tonight. Always great to see Miami lose. Paul George dunk on Lebron was awesome. If Hibbert keeps playing like that it is without a doubt Indiana will win the series. Looks like the Greg Oden experiment failed. Hibbert is going to abuse him. I think this could light a spark under Indiana.

DID I MENTION THE PAUL GEORGE POSTERIZING LEBRON WAS ABSOLUTELY EPIC.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacers/2014/03/26/0021301067-mia-ind-play5.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt13a
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Great game tonight. Always great to see Miami lose. Paul George dunk on Lebron was awesome. If Hibbert keeps playing like that it is without a doubt Indiana will win the series. Looks like the Greg Oden experiment failed. Hibbert is going to abuse him. I think this could light a spark under Indiana.

DID I MENTION THE PAUL GEORGE POSTERIZING LEBRON WAS ABSOLUTELY EPIC.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacers/2014/03/26/0021301067-mia-ind-play5.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt13a

George Hill will have to make clutch plays. And he won't. It was not just the two FTs. It was also the wide open 3 with 5 or so left. I hope Im wrong but Vogel better off finding more 4th qtr minutes for Turner, based on his play late today.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Was a good game. ESPN hyped this game like it was the ECF
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

They need to give Turner to go ahead to shoot. That offense gets ridiculously stagnant at times, and he seems hesitant to shoot even when he's open.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Lebron, Bosh, Haslem, Chalmers and Cole was their closing lineup, it was almost like Cleveland.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
They need to give Turner to go ahead to shoot. That offense gets ridiculously stagnant at times, and he seems hesitant to shoot even when he's open.

In certain situations. But he is a bit dribble happy and calls his number a lot. I'd rather have Lance in those situations but Turner could help out if he plays a bit more under control.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject:

We barely won this game saw the Pacers play with a bit more fire for once however they also make stupid mental mistakes and that's what bugs me.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject:

I didn't watch much of the game, but the portion that I did watch looked like a classic collision between a stoppable force and a moveable object. Maybe the rest of the game was more impressive.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
We barely won this game saw the Pacers play with a bit more fire for once however they also make stupid mental mistakes and that's what bugs me.

Yup. They'll need composure to beat the Heat, though that tech/ejection on Lance is ridiculous given the amount of histrionics the refs allow LBJ/Wade/Bosh when they make and And-1 play or get no called.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject:

LOL @ Lebron.

holy crap he cries a lot for a guy his size. Just watching those post game interviews.. The way he says stuff just makes him presumptuous.

Then people come out and defend em.. "he has no help". How many times players does he need man lol.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
LOL @ Lebron.

holy crap he cries a lot for a guy his size. Just watching those post game interviews.. The way he says stuff just makes him presumptuous.

Then people come out and defend em.. "he has no help". How many times players does he need man lol.

He has the most help of any superstar in the history of the game

I don't think there's ever been a more stacked team than the heat the last few years
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
LOL @ Lebron.

Especially for a guy who flops and embellishes so much, talking about "its frustrating, when you try to play the game the right way", and the refs make calls that seem to favor the other side more than you.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I didn't watch much of the game, but the portion that I did watch looked like a classic collision between a stoppable force and a moveable object. Maybe the rest of the game was more impressive.

It was a defensive battle or a woeful offensive performance.

It had a dramatic ending that's pretty much it. Was nice to see the ESPN crew actually at BLF. Sure it was a nice homecoming for Sage Steele.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
marga86 wrote:
LOL @ Lebron.

I don't think there's ever been a more stacked team than the heat the last few years

Er, what? The '60s era Celtics. The '80s era Lakers and Celtics (and the Sixers, for that matter).

You want to compare that to a supporting cast consisting of Dwyane Wade and Chris Freaking Bosh? Come on, now. The Heat may be stacked, but let's not get carried away.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject:

it was a good game. These teams dont like each other and thats something that is missing from the current league. Makes it much more entertaining to watch.

imo the pacers are a superstar away from beating the Heat. That next gear the Heat have is elite. Lebron and wade (somewhat) can go nuclear at any time. The pacers will struggle with this. Lebron took it to the hoop much more aggressive than he has vs Hibbert in the past. This did not work now but will eventually get him into foul trouble in a 7 game series. I thought the refs were awful for both teams but the Heat chose to go the route of complaining about the refs. Lebron was complaining after getting 15 free throw attempts, and some of them were very suspect.

Maybe I havent noticed much or my hatred runs deep but i dont think ive ever seen a superstar complain about fouls as much as Lebron. He has the most powerful offhand pushoff in the league and never gets called for it but has the audacity to complain about suspect contact which he creates much of the time. comedy....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
marga86 wrote:
LOL @ Lebron.

Er, what? The '60s era Celtics. The '80s era Lakers and Celtics (and the Sixers, for that matter).

You want to compare that to a supporting cast consisting of Dwyane Wade and Chris Freaking Bosh? Come on, now. The Heat may be stacked, but let's not get carried away.

Obviously not, in terms of overall talent. But in terms of talent relative to their competition I think a case could definitely be made. The Heat have been stacked since this latest group got together
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
marga86 wrote:
LOL @ Lebron.

It's true. He has 4 locked HOF players playing beside him. one of them which has a finals MVP on his own. Kobe only had one locked HOF player in his last two titles.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12
Jump to: