Heat vs Indiana: The Road to the ECF.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject:

Miami/Bobcats in ECF.

Just sit Wade out so he doesn't injure himself before the Finals.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject:

ChrisCrossed wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:
Roy Hibbert 1 point and zero boards by half

Those are horrific numbers. I think I saw Ray Allen box him out...Ray 'Literally Dennis Rodman' Allen.

I think Roy is done...stick a fork in him. The Pacers at this point, have zero chance of making it past the 1st round.

Every team goes through slumps, I fully expect Indiana to make it to the ECF and face either Miami or Brooklyn.

Hopefully Miami though cause Brooklyn would get swept by whoever makes it out West and i wanna see another entertaining Finals.

Could be, but a contender going into a slump with a handful of games left in the season usually doesn't turn out well.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

^^^^

Especially when there is no apparent reason for the slump, such as an injury or simply the fact that the games are not important.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

ChrisCrossed wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:
Roy Hibbert 1 point and zero boards by half

Those are horrific numbers. I think I saw Ray Allen box him out...Ray 'Literally Dennis Rodman' Allen.

I think Roy is done...stick a fork in him. The Pacers at this point, have zero chance of making it past the 1st round.

Every team goes through slumps, I fully expect Indiana to make it to the ECF and face either Miami or Brooklyn.

Hopefully Miami though cause Brooklyn would get swept by whoever makes it out West and i wanna see another entertaining Finals.

I disagree, I think it's going to be Bobcats and Miami in the ECF.

I respectfully disagree. I like Charlotte, I think Kemba has a good upside and Al Jefferson is an all NBA caliber center. They are a good defensive team and no longer a league wide joke.

That being said the games are usually won by the best team with the best player. That's Indiana even with their slump. Your man Paul George will take them in 5 or 6.

Paul George's slump will continue throughout the playoffs, and Hibbert will continue to be non-existent. Their locker room issues are too much to overcome at this point. They will be booted first round. Charlotte will be the dark horse and fly through the ECF to lose to the Miami Heat. It will be Miami Heat and Spurs in the finals.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Heat will stroll to the finals for the fourth straight year....

(bleep) the garbage East.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

So why does Indiana have the #1 seed when they have the same record as the Heat?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
So why does Indiana have the #1 seed when they have the same record as the Heat?

They have the better conference record so they own the tie breaker. So if Pacers win out they get the #1 seed. Problem is they play OKC next.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject:

I don't care who makes it out of the East. Either Indiana or Miami is fine, but for God's sake the Clippers can't make it out of the West. It would be blasphemy .
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:

So now Indiana beats OKC (despite an 0 for 9 game from Hibbert and another lousy shooting game from George) and is poised to claim the top seed after all. The EC race is like a train wreck.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

They just beat the 2nd best team in the West. That's a good way to cap off the season. Still Miami / Bobcats in the ECF
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
They just beat the 2nd best team in the West. That's a good way to cap off the season. Still Miami / Bobcats in the ECF

You do know Miami and Bobcats will face off in the 1st round right?
ChrisCrossed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

The're gonna collude and form a super squad for the first two rounds and then split up.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

1st seed technically hasn't been decided...or has it?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Damn, pretty disappointed that Miami got off easy, getting that 2 seed. Don't have to play Brooklyn now. Pricks could end up playing Charlotte, and then Washington. Easiest playoff draw in the league. If Pacers were still dominant, then I wouldn't mind, but they're not.

Get that damn 3-seed Chicago.

Last edited by leor_77 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

1st seed technically hasn't been decided...or has it?

Well yeah but come on, your posts have been the dumbest I've seen in LG. Don't know if your trolling or just watching a different sport than all of us are.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject:

The playoffs in the East are going to be a lot more interesting than I thought they would be a few months ago. Even the first round matchups will be interesting (to me at least). I never thought I'd say this but at least half the teams in the conference have a realistic shot at the Finals.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Damn, pretty disappointed that Miami got off easy, getting that 2 seed. Don't have to play Brooklyn now. Pricks could end up playing Charlotte, and then Washington. Easiest playoff draw in the league. If Pacers were still dominant, then I wouldn't mind, but they're not.

It might be better if they play Chicago anyway. Brooklyn swept the season series but the games were so close that they easily could have gone the other way. Wade also probably missed a couple of games.

I wouldn't want to see a Nets-Bulls series that takes 7 games while Miami rests up and waits. Of course Miami would have to be #1 for that to happen.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

It might be better if they play Chicago anyway. Brooklyn swept the season series but the games were so close that they easily could have gone the other way. Wade also probably missed a couple of games.

I wouldn't want to see a Nets-Bulls series that takes 7 games while Miami rests up and waits. Of course Miami would have to be #1 for that to happen.

I thinkthe Bulls have more chance to beat Miami due to their D. However, Nets have shown they can hang with Miami, even though they could have lost 3 or 4 games due to their bone-headed plays. They have lead the Heat by double figures in all 4 games played. They have also let the Heat back into the games, which is why i am concerned. You can argue though that good teams still find a way to win. They have given up leads but still won. Can they do it in 7 games?
saacman5033
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat vs Indiana: The Road to the ECF.

This thread is the car wreck I just can't stop staring at and keep coming back to. Kudos to Jeggs for a very entertaining thread.

Jeggs wrote:
Looks like the Greg Oden experiment failed. Hibbert is going to abuse him. I think this could light a spark under Indiana.

Jeggs wrote:
Miami only 2 games back again. Looks like the loss lit a fire under Miami, and the win made Indiana soft.

Jeggs wrote:
Feel free to gamble your money away betting against the Pacers. In a 7 game series, the Pacers will be extremely tough to beat. I think the Heat are more likely to fail in the 2nd round especially if they play the Nets.

Jeggs wrote:
Miami Heat are 1 game ahead, with only 2 games left there isn't enough time for the Pacers to get back that #1 seed. Pacers are a playoff team though. These issues they have now will magically disappear come the post season.

Jeggs wrote:
Pacers are doomed, it's doubtful they will hold on to 2nd seed at this point.

Jeggs wrote:
Just like that Indiana is the #1 seed again. You know for a team that is criticized constantly, they sure are still sitting pretty at that #1 spot.

Jeggs wrote:
The Pacers at this point, have zero chance of making it past the 1st round.

And my personal favorite in bold from the first post:

Jeggs wrote:
Maybe it will be Heat and Indiana in the ECF.

Last edited by Jeggs on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs that guy is losing it lol.

I really hope Indiana wins or someone wins against Miami.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Well Miami basically gave up on the #1 seed. Sat LeBron, down 22 to Washington at the half.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat vs Indiana: The Road to the ECF.

saacman5033 wrote:
This thread is the car wreck I just can't stop staring at and keep coming back to. Kudos to Jeggs for a very entertaining thread.

Jeggs wrote:
Looks like the Greg Oden experiment failed. Hibbert is going to abuse him. I think this could light a spark under Indiana.

Jeggs wrote:
Miami only 2 games back again. Looks like the loss lit a fire under Miami, and the win made Indiana soft.

Jeggs wrote:
Feel free to gamble your money away betting against the Pacers. In a 7 game series, the Pacers will be extremely tough to beat. I think the Heat are more likely to fail in the 2nd round especially if they play the Nets.

Jeggs wrote:
Miami Heat are 1 game ahead, with only 2 games left there isn't enough time for the Pacers to get back that #1 seed. Pacers are a playoff team though. These issues they have now will magically disappear come the post season.

Jeggs wrote:
Pacers are doomed, it's doubtful they will hold on to 2nd seed at this point.

Jeggs wrote:
Just like that Indiana is the #1 seed again. You know for a team that is criticized constantly, they sure are still sitting pretty at that #1 spot.

Jeggs wrote:
The Pacers at this point, have zero chance of making it past the 1st round.

And my personal favorite in bold from the first post:

Jeggs wrote:
Maybe it will be Heat and Indiana in the ECF.

Last edited by Jeggs on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:11 pm; edited 6 times in total

It will be Atlanta and Miami in the ECF
West24Bryant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject:

The heat are definitely scared of the Nets it seems.
I just hope the Bulls will get the 3rd seed to knock them off in the second round (most fans wishful thinking) or at least make it a competitive series for them.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Well Miami basically gave up on the #1 seed. Sat LeBron, down 22 to Washington at the half.

Giving up would actually mean they had a stranglehold on it and lost it. They weren't gonna get it even if they beat the wizards. Pacers took it with a big win against okc. Heat board --------->

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Heat vs Indiana: The Road to the ECF.

saacman5033 wrote:

Don't encourage him. Seriously. He'll turn this board into performance art until the mods get fed up with him. It won't end well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to: