Heat vs Indiana: The Road to the ECF.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Pathetic Heat fans. Their playoff schedule couldn't be easy enough, the guys are hoping BK wins so that they don't have to see them in the second round.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I find it funny people say the nets are tanking for seeding advantage when they have a very old veteran roster that need rest more than anyone before playoffs start.

It would be stupid to kill your players before the playoffs fighting for a lowly 5th seed.

Last edited by Jeggs on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Pathetic Heat fans. Their playoff schedule couldn't be easy enough, the guys are hoping BK wins so that they don't have to see them in the second round.

That'd be perfect, they don't have HCA against the Pacers AND they have to play BKN in the second round. Definitely want that to happen. BKN needs to lose to the Knicks and Cavs, Wizards need to beat Boston.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

That'd be perfect, they don't have HCA against the Pacers AND they have to play BKN in the second round. Definitely want that to happen. BKN needs to lose to the Knicks and Cavs, Wizards need to beat Boston.

Knicks won this game, and Wizards will beat Boston tomorrow, but the real question is if BKN can lose to the Cavaliers, which I'm skeptical of. They'd have to only play their scrubs, and then I still don't think they'd lose. Also not sure whether Cleveland is still tanking at this stage.
West24Bryant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

YES!!! BKN lost to the cavs and Washington won their game. So the heat will play against BKN in the 2nd round. They tried avoiding them, but now they don't have home court advantage against pacers and would still play against BKN in the 2nd round...
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Heat have a tough road this season. Bobcats may surprise them. Then hopefully Brooklyn, hopefully. Then the Pacers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Heat got beat by Philadelphia tonight 100 87. Both the Heat and Pacers are going south fast.

Tim Duncan has a great chance to catch Kobe with ring number 5.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Heat got beat by Philadelphia tonight 100 87. Both the Heat and Pacers are going south fast.

Tim Duncan has his own problems. The West is loaded.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Lebron and Bosh didn't even suit up. Duncan does in fact have a great chance to win another ring, though, and the Spurs caught a break tonight when the Grizzlies beat the Mavs to claim the 7 seed. I wouldn't want to draw Memphis in the first round.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Yeah, and it's called making a layup, though in his defense, if Pop had him in at the end of the previous game, he would have been celebrating #5 that day instead of missing a point blank layup.

I still can't get over that Finals.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Tim Duncan has his own problems. The West is loaded.

I think the Spurs are 38-14 against the Western Conference. OKC beat them 3 time though. They also lost 113-100 to my lowly Lakers. This has been my worst ever season as a Laker fan.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject:

West24Bryant wrote:
YES!!! BKN lost to the cavs and Washington won their game. So the heat will play against BKN in the 2nd round. They tried avoiding them, but now they don't have home court advantage against pacers and would still play against BKN in the 2nd round...

Yup, got them anyway. Let's hope the Nets can beat the Raptors.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

West24Bryant wrote:

Yeah, I just saw that now, because I came home from my evening class. I was nervous about it, because I didn't want to see the Heat bailed out with ridiculously easy teams, and I was worried about Cleveland losing, even with BK tanking.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject:

One thing I'll say, though...If Brooklyn proves to be extremely tough, expect some unbelievably biased officiating.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Season record doesn't mean much. Yeah Nets won all 4 games, but 3 of those games were within 1 point. Also remember not too long ago, the Bulls swept Miami during the regular season? They got thrashed in the playoffs by the Heat.

At worst the Nets might give the Heat a little trouble by going to 6 or 7 games.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:

56 wrote:
Season record doesn't mean much. Yeah Nets won all 4 games, but 3 of those games were within 1 point. Also remember not too long ago, the Bulls swept Miami during the regular season? They got thrashed in the playoffs by the Heat.

At worst the Nets might give the Heat a little trouble by going to 6 or 7 games.

That's exactly what a team that has been to 3 straight finals needs before the ECF, a nice 7 game, hard fought series.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
56 wrote:

That's exactly what a team that has been to 3 straight finals needs before the ECF, a nice 7 game, hard fought series.

I was thinking similar thoughts. I was frustrated earlier in the season because I always thought the Heat would win the first two series in 4 or 5 games. But now I'm hopeful that they will have to fight much harder than that. I would love to see the Bobcats make it a 6 game series. If the Nets give them 7 games that would be great. Last year Miami won its first two series in 4 and 5 games, and they rested Wade in game 4 of the first round because the opponent was such a huge joke.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Let's see what the Heat have left. They limped their way to the playoffs, let's see if their slide at the end was them resting and if they can flip a switch in the playoffs.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject:

Looks like it will be heat and hawks in the ECF.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, and it's called making a layup, though in his defense, if Pop had him in at the end of the previous game, he would have been celebrating #5 that day instead of missing a point blank layup.

I still can't get over that Finals.

It's really amazing how close SA was to possibly having more titles. There was the Fisher shot, the dumb Manu foul on Dirk and what happened last season. SMH
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

Nets and Bobcats need to wear them down and then the Pacers need to deliver the knockout blow.

Or, they'll cruise their way to the finals and then pick the bones of the survivor of the Western Conference gauntlet
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

27 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals in Game 2. Carry that torch George with pride.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
27 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals in Game 2. Carry that torch George with pride.

He followed that up with a 3-11 night with 12 points and another loss to an 8 seed. Maybe he will come back but you jinxed him again.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Might have to let him start with a book of matches before passing him a torch. Brutal performance.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Indiana probably has to consider trading Hibbert. He's basically an overpaid version of Kendrick Perkins now, absolutely useless on offense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: