Shanesha Taylor, Homeless Single Mom, Arrested After Leaving Kids In Car While On Job Interview
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Shanesha Taylor, Homeless Single Mom, Arrested After Leaving Kids In Car While On Job Interview

LINK

Maybe it's not so bad a world. When you see things like this you realize people will step up to help.

Hopefully someone will give her a job, she latches on to good fortune and elevates to a better life.
Quote:
Taylor's arrest has spurred an online fundraising drive to help with her legal expenses, according to WTOP. At time of writing Friday, it had more than 975 supporters, and had raised more than $27,000 -- three times more than its $9,000 goal.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

They should've just charged her for leaving the kids at home alone.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

What an idiot.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Anybody else find it obscene to raise 27k for lawyers but there isn't enough money to keep kids from living in cars?
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Anybody else find it obscene to raise 27k for lawyers but there isn't enough money to keep kids from living in cars?

Yeah this is really bizarre
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject:

Thought provoking, but that's a dangerous thing in today's society. This will either start a trend of people trying harder to find work or leaving their kids in the car by themselves more often.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject:

So the cops thought it was a sad situation but still proceeded to arrest her? How about just helping her.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
What an idiot.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
So the cops thought it was a sad situation but still proceeded to arrest her? How about just helping her.

This. I understand calling CPS or a similar agency for the kids, but arresting he mother does nobody any good.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

This. I understand calling CPS or a similar agency for the kids, but arresting he mother does nobody any good.

Yes it does. You don't leave your kids in a car alone period. She doesn't deserve special treatment because she's homeless.

If you can't take care of your kids, don't have.

A wise man once told me "If you can't feem 'em, don't breed 'em."
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject:

She absolutely should have been arrested and charged. Please read the article. These are babies, 2 years old and 6 months old, completely unable to fend for themselves for any period of time. There were left alone in a locked hot car in ARIZONA with the windows barely cracked. By the time the cops got there, they had been in the car for 30 minutes. It took mommy dearest another 45 MINUTES to come back after the cops showed up.

No interview is worth the safety of innocent babies. Even if she got the job, if she can't find someone to watch them for an hour, wtf was she gonna do with them for 8 hours a day? I'm not without sympathy, but my God, this was not a viable option. Now, she don't have her babies. She's gonna have a horrible time trying to get them back. She's got 2 felony child abuse charges hanging over her head (good luck getting a job now). The whole thing both enrages me and saddens me.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Yes it does. You don't leave your kids in a car alone period. She doesn't deserve special treatment because she's homeless.

Yeah, given that this was an Arizona, I hate to say it but it's particularly unacceptable because of the heat factor. Even without the heat factor, that's just a dangerous thing to do. But I feel for her because she was ultimately trying to do the right thing by getting a job, and she'll now probably feel like what's the point and turn to something else.

I think the problem with your quote though, is that a lot of people don't know that they CAN'T feed them. (I mean, what's the criteria). I mean who actually believes that they cannot feed their future kids and then has them anyway? I don't think anybody does that.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Yeah, given that this was an Arizona, I hate to say it but it's particularly unacceptable because of the heat factor. Even without the heat factor, that's just a dangerous thing to do. But I feel for her because she was ultimately trying to do the right thing by getting a job, and she'll now probably feel like what's the point and turn to something else.

I think the problem with your quote though, is that a lot of people don't know that they CAN'T feed them. (I mean, what's the criteria). I mean who actually believes that they cannot feed their future kids and then has them anyway? I don't think anybody does that.

Plenty of people have kids even though they have no financial security or education. Have kids when you know you afford to take care of them by yourself.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Plenty of people have kids even though they have no financial security or education. Have kids when you know you afford to take care of them by yourself.

This reminds me of a story:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

Here comes glass half full.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Shanesha, by her own volition, is in desperate times.

What she did indicates she's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier but I believe her intentions were good.

I know there are probably some who'll say, the road to hell is paved by good intentions, I understand their position, I also think I understand hers.

Her intentions were to get a legitimate job to be able to take care of herself and her children. I give her points for not getting on welfare, for trying to do it on her own.

The web has shown compassion, she has extra funds to at least get off the streets. Hopefully someone in a position to give he a job will do so.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

There's no winning in the inflexible world you inhabit.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Shanesha, by her own volition, is in desperate times.

What she did indicates she's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier but I believe her intentions were good.

I know there are probably some who'll say, the road to hell is paved by good intentions, I understand their position, I also think I understand hers.

Her intentions were to get a legitimate job to be able to take care of herself and her children. I give her points for not getting on welfare, for trying to do it on her own.

The web has shown compassion, she has extra funds to at least get off the streets. Hopefully someone in a position to give he a job will do so.

I know I wouldn't give her a job.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So you're willing to perpetuate homelessness, unemployment, putting children into the system instead of showing some compassion and offering a down and out person a chance to be productive? Why?

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So you're willing to perpetuate homelessness, unemployment, putting children into the system instead of showing some compassion and offering a down and out person a chance to be productive? Why?

There are plenty of down and out homeless parents who wouldn't leave 2 defenseless babies in a hot car for over an hour for ANY reason.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

AZ is the new FL
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:

There are plenty of down and out homeless parents who wouldn't leave 2 defenseless babies in a hot car for over an hour for ANY reason.

I'm not giving her a pass. I'm advocating a chance to right her life. She made a huge error, she doesn't deserve the death penalty.

Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Some of you guys don't go out too much.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Did you pull a hamstring jumping so hard to those conclusions?

She's proven herself to be so bad at decision making that she put the lives of a 2 yr old and a 6 month old in jeopardy for a job interview. It doesn't get much worse than that. No matter her situation, that is not a risk that any slightly rational person would take.

I'd gladly hire someone in a tough situation if they had their head on straight. Hiring her is just asking for trouble.

If this is the kind of risk she takes with the two most valuable things in her life (or should be at least), then what risks will she take when it comes to something not as previous? You know, like your business?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm not giving her a pass. I'm advocating a chance to right her life. She made a huge error, she doesn't deserve the death penalty.

I don't recall her being sentenced to death.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who said anything about a death penalty? Although if no one had walked by and heard those poor babies crying in that hot car, it would be a whole different discussion probably one involving the death penalty. Would you still be singing the same tune? 'Oh, she didn't mean to kill her kids. She was going on a job interview!'
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: