Shanesha Taylor, Homeless Single Mom, Arrested After Leaving Kids In Car While On Job Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Sorry jodeke, your streak of sympathy for scumbags just got longer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/18/shanesha-taylor-baby-daddy-rap-album_n_6177702.html

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/18/shanesha-taylor-baby-daddy-rap-album_n_6177702.html

Wow
You can't make up these stories....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

On this one I was 180 out. $100,000.00 gone. And she's back on social media trying to raise more money. The kids are the real losers. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm sure there are mothers in the forum who will side with, a mistake of gargantuan proportions was made. I also think those same mothers know what measures they'd go to, too protect and care for their young.

Shanesha made a mistake, though epic, I think forgivable. If any mother in the forum, not fully cognizant of the cicumstances, was in her place, ask yourself, what would you do?

We don't know if there was any family or any other person to take care of the children. I believe another choice would have been safer but was there one?

Shouldn't the chance to make right her wrong, along with a better chance to raise her children decently be given? I think so.

I, nor anyone in the forum, know what kind of mother this woman is. We're making judgements based on one error. I don't think that's fair.

I think because there are resources in place that are geared to help those in Shanesha Taylor's predicament, they should first be tried before taking children from they biological parent.

There's more to the story than that. link
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Anybody else find it obscene to raise 27k for lawyers but there isn't enough money to keep kids from living in cars?

I think youll find people are more willing to give to individuals in need then what they perceive as "movements" or "causes". I think there is an inherent distrust in organizations. The more people involved the higher the odds of fraud.

So no, i dont find it obscene. Seeing an individual in need moves people to help because then they know for sure.
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
So the cops thought it was a sad situation but still proceeded to arrest her? How about just helping her.

This. I understand calling CPS or a similar agency for the kids, but arresting he mother does nobody any good.

Yes it does. You don't leave your kids in a car alone period. She doesn't deserve special treatment because she's homeless.

If you can't take care of your kids, don't have.

A wise man once told me "If you can't feem 'em, don't breed 'em."

Yeah, given that this was an Arizona, I hate to say it but it's particularly unacceptable because of the heat factor. Even without the heat factor, that's just a dangerous thing to do. But I feel for her because she was ultimately trying to do the right thing by getting a job, and she'll now probably feel like what's the point and turn to something else.

I think the problem with your quote though, is that a lot of people don't know that they CAN'T feed them. (I mean, what's the criteria). I mean who actually believes that they cannot feed their future kids and then has them anyway? I don't think anybody does that.

Plenty of people have kids even though they have no financial security or education. Have kids when you know you afford to take care of them by yourself.

I think you missed my point.

I think people think they can afford to take care of a child but then reality sets in once they actually have the child. I don't believe people run the numbers, conclude that the math shows they cannot afford children and then go ahead and have them anyway.

It's the same with pets. Easy to say don't get a dog unless you have the time to take care of it. A lot of people think they have the time (or don't think about it at all), get a dog, and then realize oh man, I really don't have time for this. Nobody says ok I know I don't have time for a dog but I'm gonna get one anyway.

Hi Ringfinger.

Im not so sure anyone does any calculation at all depending on where youre from. Most people where i live are completely ignorant of the cost of having and raising a child because they rely on the state to pay for it. Responsible people do think about those things, and they put off having children until they are better able to afford them.

A friend of my girlfriends recently stopped taking birth control, because she said she and her boyfriend wanted a baby. She works the front desk at our gym, he is a stock boy at costco. They both are using EBT as it is. I know we like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if you cant even afford to feed yourself, then there really isnt any math required. You wont be able to afford a baby either. Here in Hawaii though, the "state" covers the hospital bills, the mother and child automatically get the best health insurance. Most people who live here are so woefully ignorant that they dont understand that they are burdening their neighbors when they make those choices. Its not a sustainable way to live, but the system incentivizes this kind of irresponsible behavior.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
24 wrote:
Anybody else find it obscene to raise 27k for lawyers but there isn't enough money to keep kids from living in cars?

I think youll find people are more willing to give to individuals in need then what they perceive as "movements" or "causes". I think there is an inherent distrust in organizations. The more people involved the higher the odds of fraud.

So no, i dont find it obscene. Seeing an individual in need moves people to help because then they know for sure.

I need to start me a movement.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Everything comes on the back end. If we had free alternatives for childcare then maybe she wouldn't have to go to jail, now the state has to pay many times more to imprison her than it would have to babysit.

And people that give money on the internet should realize they are giving money away with no strings attached and have no expectation that this money will be used sensibly.

Discuss.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
Everything comes on the back end. If we had free alternatives for childcare then maybe she wouldn't have to go to jail, now the state has to pay many times more to imprison her than it would have to babysit.

And people that give money on the internet should realize they are giving money away with no strings attached and have no expectation that this money will be used sensibly.

Discuss.

How would you structure "free child care" that would keep people from going to jail?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

How would you structure "free child care" that would keep people from going to jail?

If you're going to jail because your kids were sitting in a hot car during a job interview when they could have been watched for a few hours, this would in fact, keep you from going to jail.

It's awful that the woman left her kids in a hot car to try and get a job, but did she have many alternatives?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

If you're going to jail because your kids were sitting in a hot car during a job interview when they could have been watched for a few hours, this would in fact, keep you from going to jail.

It's awful that the woman left her kids in a hot car to try and get a job, but did she have many alternatives?

You don't think there is a baseline standard for things you just don't do? This isn't some snot nosed kid that don't know no better. Shanesha Taylor is 35 years old. She left her kids to roast in the Arizona heat for over an hour...on purpose.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

I don't see a answer to the question.

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:

Discuss.

Free childcare: We don't have it. Until then common sense must prevail. And i don't care what nobody says - she was not homeless. If she was, all 3 kids would've been with her. And keeping petro in an SUV...not cheap.

Donated Funds: I actually agree with you there should be no expectations on how she spent the money. Here's the thing - she had a pro bono private criminal defense attorney negotiate a deal that kept her out of jail and cleared way for her to get her kids back. Part of that deal was using a chunk of those donated funds to establish trusts for her children. She agreed to the deal. She didn't want to go to jail. She should have funded those trusts. The courts lowered the amount to 40k and then 30k. This was a specific term of her deal and she blew it off.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

I don't see a answer to the question.

How could you not? You asked how it could keep people from going to jail and you were told exactly how it would keep people from going to jail, question answered.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

Free childcare: We don't have it. Until then common sense must prevail. And i don't care what nobody says - she was not homeless. If she was, all 3 kids would've been with her. And keeping petro in an SUV...not cheap.

Donated Funds: I actually agree with you there should be no expectations on how she spent the money. Here's the thing - she had a pro bono private criminal defense attorney negotiate a deal that kept her out of jail and cleared way for her to get her kids back. Part of that deal was using a chunk of those donated funds to establish trusts for her children. She agreed to the deal. She didn't want to go to jail. She should have funded those trusts. The courts lowered the amount to 40k and then 30k. This was a specific term of her deal and she blew it off.

Pull the comforter back on a cold winter night and the shivering truth will heat the room.

I'm gonna to do a John Kerry. I'm of a mind this woman is not fit to raise children.

Initially her seemingly trying to better herself was a eye wool puller. If the way she spent the money is true, I admit to being duped.

Unfortunately the children have a life to live. If what I'm seeing about her character now is any indication of how they've been raised I see a group headed for the system.

NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

You don't think there is a baseline standard for things you just don't do? This isn't some snot nosed kid that don't know no better. Shanesha Taylor is 35 years old. She left her kids to roast in the Arizona heat for over an hour...on purpose.

And that is awful, she should go to jail, but maybe it's because she had no alternatives, so now the state of Arizona has to pay a lot of money imprisoning her and sending her kids to a foster home for a whole lot of money when maybe this could have been avoided for a lot less money.

Everything in this country is based on punishing bad behavior instead of spending some money up front trying to create good endings.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

Pull the comforter back on a cold winter night and the shivering truth will heat the room.

I'm gonna to do a John Kerry. I'm of a mind this woman is not fit to raise children.

Initially her seemingly trying to better herself was a eye wool puller.

She was trying to get a job though, before anyone offered her money.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

I knew all of that, and she blew it, and maybe I'm way off, but I still think she was trying to do the right thing by getting a job, and then there are people giving her a lot of money (100k was probably a fortune for her) that she was not capable of managing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

Snippets don't allow the intent, the rest of the post reads;
Quote:
If the way she spent the money is true, I admit to being duped.
I was in her corner until the way she spent the money was discovered.

NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

Quote:

None of that is relevant though to her original intentions or what we society could have done to foster better outcome, she's a total (bleep) now I agree, but maybe this could all have been avoided.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

And some of this is just because I think these things could be better discussed. There are a lot of things that could/need to be better discussed here in USA.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Would it be a wrong if the gov offered free tube tying to all females ..child bearing age and up?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

I knew all of that, and she blew it, and maybe I'm way off, but I still think she was trying to do the right thing by getting a job, and then there are people giving her a lot of money (100k was probably a fortune for her) that she was not capable of managing.

All she had to do was what the court told her to do. You fall into 100k, you fund trusts. Take it right off the top. I don't think it's a lot to ask to vest your kids' future after you leave them to fry in a hot car. Consider it restitution. It's not like it was money out of her pocket, it was a windfall award. And on top of that, she received the full benefit of that plea. The charges were dismissed which meant no record. She got her kids back and CPS closed the case. Even after funding the trusts, she still would've had over 50k on hand with job offers left and right. People weren't just giving her money. They were offering up employment. But she blew that off cause she was hood rich. She did the wrong thing, got rewarded for doing the wrong thing, and surprise!!! She continued to do the wrong thing.
Sometimes, bad behavior needs to be punished.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

Quote:

None of that is relevant though to her original intentions or what we society could have done to foster better outcome, she's a total (bleep) now I agree, but maybe this could all have been avoided.

How do we do a better job?

You put me in mind of a Republican, not to turn this into a political debate, front the problem, give no solution.

Her original intention seemed well founded. Her true self was uncovered. With that unveiling I feel it showed she's not fit to raise children.

Do you really believe her "good mother" changed overnight. She is what she is, not a good parent.

Society is culprit in many cases, in this one I say Shanesha is more fault. She was given a $100,000.00 reprieve and used it selfishly.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
jodeke wrote:
NickF wrote:

Discuss.

Not a hot car unless you consider 71 degrees hot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: