Article: Roy Hibbert on Pacers’ locker room: ‘Some selfish dudes in here’
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Article: Roy Hibbert on Pacers’ locker room: ‘Some selfish dudes in here’

Pacers locker room takes a hit...seahawk down.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/31/roy-hibbert-on-pacers-locker-room-some-selfish-dudes-in-here/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

Christ, they better get their act together soon.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

Hibbert,

Please learn how to play basketball. You suck at it.

Signed,

Laker Fan who wants anyone but The Heat, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, or Thunder to win.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Hibbert,

Signed,

Laker Fan who wants anyone but The Heat, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, or Thunder to win.

Well you are in luck, you don't have to worry about the Clippers, Rockets, or Thunder.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject:

Pacers peaked too early.....I don't think they will make it out of the east afterall...
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Bynum says "Who, me?"

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

If you look at the article closely it singles out George Hill as the prime suspect, because Hibbert actually benefits more from Paul George.

George Hill is averaging 3.6 assists per game. That is pretty horrendous for a point guard. He's a ball stopper...dribbling the ball at the top of the key for a long time, pretty much ruining any chance for any kind of flow to the offense.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
If you look at the article closely it singles out George Hill as the prime suspect, because Hibbert actually benefits more from Paul George.

George Hill is averaging 3.6 assists per game. That is pretty horrendous for a point guard. He's a ball stopper...dribbling the ball at the top of the key for a long time, pretty much ruining any chance for any kind of flow to the offense.

Plus, he sucks in the clutch. I do believe he is the biggest problem, but he cannot be the total reason for this epic collapse. George has to be held accountable as the teams leader. If he cant take over and ball hog it and will to at least a couple victories over the likes of Cleveland, then he is not on the tier of legit MVP candidates. I believe he can be, therefore he has failed of late to impose his leadership on the team. But Hill is an Achilles heel.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

When you lose, you just talk gibberish. None of those guys are selfish. I don't see anything glaring in their box scores. Paul George is just coming down to earth. He's shooting 42.5% for the year, that's terrible. And he takes the most shots on their team. But if he's the guy Hibbert respects the most, and Hibbert's not talking about him, then I stand by what I said.. GIBBERISH.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Andrew Bynum says "Who, me?"

It was his veteran, championship experience that was keeping that locker room together. Now they'll limp into the playoffs.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:

i think that baby mama saga from Paul George really messed that team up mentally. George has been playing at mediocre level for the past couple months, and that trade of Granger didn't help either.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:

That article analyzes the numbers without looking at the context. That's not really fair to Hill.

The ball is in the hands of Lance/George the vast majority of the time on the perimeter. It's like asking Fisher to get assists on our teams (God, I'm defending Fisher...).

Hill brings the ball up-court but that's it. The facilitating/shot creating is almost ALL on PG/Lance. They're supposed to get a high assists given their usage. PG is at 25%. Lance is at 19%. Hill is at 15%. That article doesn't even come close to painting a clear picture. Blame lies elsewhere...

IF, that's who Hibbert is pointing his fingers at, that's some weak minded (bleep). A personality like Kobe/CP3 would run roughshod over these fairies.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

http://www.islandbreath.org/2010Year/05/100518shipsinks.jpg
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Hill has always been the Pacers weak link, he just isn't a threat to the Heat. Which is why it was baffling the Pacers traded granger. They had another scorer in him, something Hill is not really much of
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Hibbert,

Signed,

Well you are in luck, you don't have to worry about the Clippers, Rockets, or Thunder.

(bleep) San Antonio
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Bynum strikes again!! Dude should be voted in as Troll of the Year lmao, every team he goes to ends up in worse condition than before his arrival
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Plus, he sucks in the clutch. I do believe he is the biggest problem, but he cannot be the total reason for this epic collapse. George has to be held accountable as the teams leader. If he cant take over and ball hog it and will to at least a couple victories over the likes of Cleveland, then he is not on the tier of legit MVP candidates. I believe he can be, therefore he has failed of late to impose his leadership on the team. But Hill is an Achilles heel.

He isn't on the level of the current mvp candidates in the 2nd half the season that's without a doubt. He's getting doubled more though, but he isn't handling it well.

PG has his moments, like he did against Miami. Thing with Paul George is there are games where his defense makes up for it...but to be on the mvp tier you have to be great offensively. You can be great offensively and poor defensively like Nash was, and still get the MVP....but you can't be the other way around and expect to be up there MVP-wise.

There are times when George Hill is literally dribbling the ball for 5 seconds doing nothing. His job is to get the offense rolling asap, and move the ball. The more they move the ball, the better positioning Hibbert and West will get as the ball transitions from weak to strong side, and vice versa. Hill isn't moving the ball fast enough. It needs to get out of his hands more.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Portland and Pacers are new to top contendership. Miami, San Antionio, Thunder,... know when to be 100%. Pacers and Portland, that's their 1st season. They peaked too early and now are going down.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

The Pacers are like San Antonio Lite. I know SA is praying they come out of the East.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Hibbert,

Signed,

Co-sign. Is there a stronger term to use than "co-sign?"
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject:

Hibbert probably wanted permission to get a haircut during halftime too. Sorry Hibb, only based god Bynum can do that.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject:

Hibbert, needs to zip his mouth, that team is finally giving there fans something to cheer about...... Hibbert is also a overrated big-man who doesn't have much offensive game....
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Hibbert, needs to zip his mouth, that team is finally giving there fans something to cheer about...... Hibbert is also a overrated big-man who doesn't have much offensive game....

He might also want to figure out how to grab some rebounds instead of waiting for them to bounce to him. His rebounding numbers are pathetic for a man his size.

Edit - Pacers win today, Hibbert still sucks. 3 boards in 30 minutes. Couldn't understand his contract when he got it, understand it even less now.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

Well, when you have players taking shots like this THIS it seems like he might be telling the truth.

Only thing Hibbert does well is light up Miami
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject:

The Pacers picked the wrong time of the season to fall apart. I had them beating the Heat, now I don't know.

The East is weak, I don't see anyone beating Miami. They're not in the best of health going into the finals but who's going to beat them?

It looks good for Duncan getting his fifth ring. We can't get Kobe one this year so I'm pulling for the Spurs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: