Lakers Leaning Toward Retaining Mike D'Antoni For 14-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
another silly post.

so Jim is selfish when he made that move for cp3 and had dwight waiting in the wings? got rid of old man gasol for he really started breaking down on us. that was selfish? or was it selfish that cuban, jordan, and dan gilbert cried about the trade. and got it revoked by stern?

oh so it was selfish to then have a plan C after being blindsided by stern for the nixed deal. and to go get nash(who was perfectly healthy the year before)?

oh so was it selfish for jim to mention to his dad and mitch "lets at least give phil a call and see where his head is"?

stop it with these post folks. you dont have to lie on the guy. just because the lakers are bad now doesnt mean the FO is selfish or worthless or bad. it means we've won so much so often its time for us to do a full rebuild. we tried to reload with the cp3 deal. they blew that up. that forced us into a full REBUILD mode. jerry buss wasnt a selfish owner after the magic era and we had to wait 10+ years for another ring. and we had a team with no stars on it for years. i mean i never once thought Doc buss was selfish.

And another silly post debunking your delusions. here's what you missed because you're enamored with your opinion as being the universal truth.

1) CP3 is not a jim brain child. The opportunity was there and Mitch did most of the work. so everything you whined about is blah blah blah.

2) if you understand the dynamics of Jim and his hatred for the triangle you wouldn't be so astronomically naive about Jim's inclusion of Phil in his "search" for a coach. Read what Jeanie said in her memoirs regarding that process and how she was hurt by her brother's "disingenuous" attempt to include Phil. You can still believe Jim's intention to call Phil in and having Mitch call late at night to say "you don't have the job," something Phil calls "slimy" - as a purely for the benefit of the organization if you want. it's your world.

I don't have to lie about anything. you can draw your own conclusions. I believe in Magic Johnson when he calls out Jim - He's saying from his heart and being in the know - "Jim buss has to get his ego out of running the Lakers."

Only Phil has said himself that he thinks it was Dr. Buss who passed on him, so count him amongst those who disagree with you.

Yet Jeanie (who would have more knowledge about the whole process than Phil) said she was betrayed by her brother, not her dad.

There are different angles of the story. Different opinions.

Only fact is that Jim Buss played a big role in the hiring of MDA. Who made the final call, etc etc has been discussed about to death here.

Jim Buss interviewed Phil and went to Jeanie to see if him and Phil could work together. He ran the show in the hunt for a new coach.

Therefore, he deserves a lot of the responsibility of the MDA hire. Does he deserve all of it? Probably not, but a big portion of it.

Your goal is to pretend that Jim only played a small role in the hire, if any at all. That it's all on Jerry Buss.

That angle of yours is not working now, and it has never worked.

Or another one of your favorite angles is that Jim's role was identical in the MDA hire as it was with the Phil hire in 05, Mike Brown in 11. Wrong. Jerry was the one leading the charge in those hires. He was the one getting more involved and he was interviewing people and meeting with them. That didn't happen with MDA due to Jerry's declining health. Big difference in Jim's role in the MDA hire compared to the other hires.
wait so we ignore phil's own words to keep the agenda alive. Your Honor we are calling witness Jeanie Buss aka the most tainted of the witnesses. the guy's fiance. that always wanted him to be in the lakers FO or coach the lakers or both.lol. and we're supposed to take every word a woman says about her boo/beau ... stop it.

Stop what? I already said there's different viewpoints and angles to the story. But Jim was heavily involved in the coaching search. I never said Jeanie's word was fact.

Read before you ask me to "stop it".
even mentioning jeanie's words is setting it all up again. there's a reason i never once mentioned what jeanie said about pjax. because we all knew it was a conflict of interest with her. could you even trust what she said? probably not.so why even bring it up?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23
Jump to: