2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived- To Dump or not To Dump?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived- To Dump or not To Dump?

Yikes,

I got my Invoice for next season already…at least they are not raising ticket prices lol

I wonder how many people will not renew their season tickets?

"'Toxic' Lakers' most loyal ticket holder may dump seats over renewal"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-tickets-plaschke-20140406,0,4581590.column#ixzz2y5DSOcvG

Last edited by VocabuLaker on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

I got my Invoice for next season already…at least they are not raising ticket prices lol

Will you renew if they don't fire D'Antoni?
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

I read they replies are due earlier because NBA requested Lakers up their reply day because they where so far back from any other team alot of teams replies on seasons next year are due now
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

kray28_ wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

Will you renew if they don't fire D'Antoni?

I will renew as I have only been a season ticket holder for 3 years and refuse to give up at this point.

I waited since Shaq was around till 3 years ago to get my seats.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

What seats do you have? How much did it cost you?
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
What seats do you have? How much did it cost you?

I am right above the visitors tunnel a little towards the basket.. $160 per seat x 2 seats.

Adds up quick.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

Probably about the same number as every other year. Close to 100%.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

As a long time STH, seems to me that the worse they do, the more they move the deadline up. My guess is it has a lot more to do with getting fans to commit before too much is known about the future than it does with a league request. I can't see how it affects the league if the Lakers response date is later than other teams.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

Hector the Pup wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

I moved up last summer to better seats… was quite a surprise. My first year as a ticket holder was the strike year… so that helped my cause.

Seems that bad years bring cancelations
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
As a long time STH, seems to me that the worse they do, the more they move the deadline up. My guess is it has a lot more to do with getting fans to commit before too much is known about the future than it does with a league request. I can't see how it affects the league if the Lakers response date is later than other teams.

Yea how can Lakers tickets affect any other teams sales?
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

Hector the Pup wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

Lakersneuron wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

99.9% maybe down to 97% on down years
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

VocabuLaker wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

There was a significant drop in renewal after the 2004 season. I'd be surprised if it was even 90%.

Anyone who wanted to upgrade had the opportunity and lots of people on the waiting list got their tickets.

I think that was the point that the Lakers realized it was in their best interest to move the renewal dates way up. And when they have had bad years, they move the date up even further. They don't want to risk the fans watching moves that will affect they future. They want them signing on blindly.

I'm definitely not in the gloom brigade. But if there is one cause for concern, it's the fact that the Lakers don't have enough confidence in their own future to be comfortable with giving the STH's time to see what moves the FO may be making.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

DaMuleRules wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

There was a significant drop in renewal after the 2004 season. I'd be surprised if it was even 90%.

Anyone who wanted to upgrade had the opportunity and lots of people on the waiting list got their tickets.

I think that was the point that the Lakers realized it was in their best interest to move the renewal dates way up. And when they have had bad years, they move the date up even further. They don't want to risk the fans watching moves that will affect they future. They want them signing on blindly.

I'm definitely not in the gloom brigade. But if there is one cause for concern, it's the fact that the Lakers don't have enough confidence in their own future to be comfortable with giving the STH's time to see what moves the FO may be making.

Maybe the NBA sent word they will not be rigging the draft for the Lakers this year.
Spike
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject:

So...who wants to split my season tickets with me?
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Spike wrote:
So...who wants to split my season tickets with me?

Sounds like you and me might be getting a serious seating upgrade.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

this is a stupid question, but how do i apply to buy season tickets?
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I don't have season tickets but a close friend is dumping his.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that article slams Laker management....

I do not feel good about my opinion of current Lakers management, I have been telling it like I see it for several weeks now which is pretty much the same as that article. This fan is spending huge money, 400k plus per season, Joe Smith is not happy, the Lakers should be very concerned....

"I can stand losing, but not the way they are losing,'' said Smith. "Not with a coach who has an enormous wave of sentiment against him … not with all the confusion in the front office … it's become a pathetic operation.''

OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
Wow, that article slams Laker management....

I do not feel good about my opinion of current Lakers management, I have been telling it like I see it for several weeks now which is pretty much the same as that article. This fan is spending huge money, 400k plus per season, Joe Smith is not happy, the Lakers should be very concerned....

"I can stand losing, but not the way they are losing,'' said Smith. "Not with a coach who has an enormous wave of sentiment against him … not with all the confusion in the front office … it's become a pathetic operation.''

Been a fan for 40 years and have continually supported and enjoyed the team, even through the rebuilds. This is different. This is a dysfunction that needs to be dealt with now.
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject:

I think all of you contemplating giving up your season seats should do just that. Trust me THEY WILL be snatched up and you will not be missed. So please... do us waiting list fans who support the Lakers through thick and thin, and pay aftermarket prices to attend home games for a losing team a favor.
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
I think all of you contemplating giving up your season seats should do just that. Trust me THEY WILL be snatched up and you will not be missed. So please... do us waiting list fans who support the Lakers through thick and thin, and pay aftermarket prices to attend home games for a losing team a favor.

exactly. For every person crying theres someone else on the waiting list who know the Lakers will get back on top eventually
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:

Not renewing seats is not a question of giving up on supporting the team anymore. I have a few friends who have given up their seats over the years and are still as big a fan as they were in the years they had the seats.

It's a question of weighing where one is willing and able to part with one's hard earned money. One's level of support for a team is not measured by how much one is willing to spend on them.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:

Dude in the article has been a fan for 54 years and spends $400K on his season tickets. (Didn't say how long he's been a STH but if he has those seats, probably a very long time). By any benchmark he is the definition of a true fan.

And he didn't say whether or not he was giving up his seats, he just expressed his dissatisfaction with the state of the organization as people do here, daily. STHs get to be mad and disappointed too, some might say doubly so for $400K/year

Mine do not cost $400k per year cos I ain't got it like that, but we are keeping ours.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

I hope everyone cancels. Teach them a lesson in humility! They put out a crap product while their co tenant is contending and they charge so much more then them... Time to make tickets reasonably priced.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: