2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived- To Dump or not To Dump?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

DaMuleRules wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

I got my Invoice for next season already…at least they are not raising ticket prices lol

I wonder how many people will not renew their season tickets?

Probably about the same number as every other year. Close to 100%.

99.9% maybe down to 97% on down years

There was a significant drop in renewal after the 2004 season. I'd be surprised if it was even 90%.

Anyone who wanted to upgrade had the opportunity and lots of people on the waiting list got their tickets.

I think that was the point that the Lakers realized it was in their best interest to move the renewal dates way up. And when they have had bad years, they move the date up even further. They don't want to risk the fans watching moves that will affect they future. They want them signing on blindly.

I'm definitely not in the gloom brigade. But if there is one cause for concern, it's the fact that the Lakers don't have enough confidence in their own future to be comfortable with giving the STH's time to see what moves the FO may be making.

That's a Jeannie decision isn't it?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

I got my Invoice for next season already…at least they are not raising ticket prices lol

There was a significant drop in renewal after the 2004 season. I'd be surprised if it was even 90%.

Anyone who wanted to upgrade had the opportunity and lots of people on the waiting list got their tickets.

I think that was the point that the Lakers realized it was in their best interest to move the renewal dates way up. And when they have had bad years, they move the date up even further. They don't want to risk the fans watching moves that will affect they future. They want them signing on blindly.

I'm definitely not in the gloom brigade. But if there is one cause for concern, it's the fact that the Lakers don't have enough confidence in their own future to be comfortable with giving the STH's time to see what moves the FO may be making.

Don't know. Nor do I care. But then I'm not invested in the whole Jeanie versus Jimmy drama. I just care what the Lakers do as a franchise, not which Buss is allegedly behind each and every move.
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking for someone to either partner for half or a third of my tickets for next year. Section 218 row 12. Face is $94 a ticket. If you have any interest send me a pm and we can work it out. Thanks.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived- To Dump or not To Dump?

VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

"'Toxic' Lakers' most loyal ticket holder may dump seats over renewal"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-tickets-plaschke-20140406,0,4581590.column#ixzz2y5DSOcvG

I find it slightly humorous that the LA Times Sports Section is calling the Lakers "toxic". And it's even funnier that it's coming from Bill Plaschke.

They have run hit pieces on the Lakers all season long, declaring that LA is no longer the land of the Lakers but is now the land of the Clippers. And the only two columnists who ever called out Donald Sterling have curiously been let go. Meanwhile, big full page, full color ads appear throughout the paper for Sterling's various vanity projects.

Every year the paper gets thinner and more expensive, and the proof readers appear to have been let go as well.

If you read through the entire article, you will notice that somewhere towards the end it turns out that Smith's dilemma is not about whether to renew his tickets, but about whether he should use the tickets himself or sell them on the open market.

And as far as him being the Lakers' "most loyal fan" goes, I think this may have more to do with him being able to afford the price of the tickets. I know a number of fans who had to give up their season tickets because they could no longer afford them. That doesn't make them any less loyal. Just less fortunate financially.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Voices wrote:
Wow, that article slams Laker management....

I do not feel good about my opinion of current Lakers management, I have been telling it like I see it for several weeks now which is pretty much the same as that article. This fan is spending huge money, 400k plus per season, Joe Smith is not happy, the Lakers should be very concerned....

"I can stand losing, but not the way they are losing,'' said Smith. "Not with a coach who has an enormous wave of sentiment against him … not with all the confusion in the front office … it's become a pathetic operation.''

Translated: I can't stand losing.

Where does it say that he cannot stand losing.

He said that "I can stand losing"

It is pretty clear that he simply cannot stand the direction of the FO.

This falls on the Buss children.

Jeannie, Jim and all of them.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I think the best plan is to alienate your current paying fan base because there are more waiting in the wings.

WE DONT NEED YOU. Sound business practice.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived- To Dump or not To Dump?

JIFISH wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-tickets-plaschke-20140406,0,4581590.column#ixzz2y5DSOcvG

I find it slightly humorous that the LA Times Sports Section is calling the Lakers "toxic". And it's even funnier that it's coming from Bill Plaschke.

They have run hit pieces on the Lakers all season long, declaring that LA is no longer the land of the Lakers but is now the land of the Clippers. And the only two columnists who ever called out Donald Sterling have curiously been let go. Meanwhile, big full page, full color ads appear throughout the paper for Sterling's various vanity projects.

Every year the paper gets thinner and more expensive, and the proof readers appear to have been let go as well.

If you read through the entire article, you will notice that somewhere towards the end it turns out that Smith's dilemma is not about whether to renew his tickets, but about whether he should use the tickets himself or sell them on the open market.

And as far as him being the Lakers' "most loyal fan" goes, I think this may have more to do with him being able to afford the price of the tickets. I know a number of fans who had to give up their season tickets because they could no longer afford them. That doesn't make them any less loyal. Just less fortunate financially.

For me its affordability... a year like this was tough. But I will renew and hope to get an upgrade
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject:

RICH PEOPLE'S PROBLEMS!
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
RICH PEOPLE'S PROBLEMS!

Yes people with cash.

My question and the topic though... is will folks renew or not.

I will.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
I think the best plan is to alienate your current paying fan base because there are more waiting in the wings.

That's definitely not a good approach, nor is it the Lakers plan.
rockyp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived

Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

Yep, she's pretty much covering up for the mess her brother has made.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Sure sounds like what most people think in this thread though.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Sure sounds like what most people think in this thread though.

No. I think the point most people are making (though I don't pretend to speak for anyone but myself) is that the Lakers know that they have a solid enough fan-base that is going to stick with them. Thus, they aren't going to let themselves get caught up in worrying about the Chicken Little crowd. They are going to stick to what they have been doing rather than panic in an attempt to appease the first rats off the ship. That's not "alienating" your current paying fan base, because the people on the waiting list who are willing to take the place of those who give theirs seats up are also a part of the paying fan base.

It's easy to look at these last couple of seasons and think the wheels have come completely off the wagon and that none of the Busses has the experience or willingness to put them back on properly.

I'd be tempted to think the same thing if I wasn't aware that there is a much bigger picture than the carefully cropped one which is used to try and justify the predictions of doom. Or if I bought into this idea that Jim has learned nothing from being around the front office for all these years simply because the last couple of years have been plagued with horrible luck. That's not to say that all of the recent decision making has been good, but not all of the bad decisions that have been made in the last few years rest solely on Jim.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject:

You shouldn't dump, you should tank.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Dump. This team is not worth that kind of money.

Signed
Season ticket waiting list holder
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived- To Dump or not To Dump?

VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

The fact that they are going to eat Nash's 9 million contract, rather than use the stretch provision is telling that they are not serious to try to make a splash next season. Kevin Love, or Carmelo Anthony is probably not going to happen. Sucks for those of us who want the Lakers to compete for next season and get to the playoffs.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived- To Dump or not To Dump?

Jeggs wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

The fact that they are going to eat Nash's 9 million contract, rather than use the stretch provision is telling that they are not serious to try to make a splash next season. Kevin Love, or Carmelo Anthony is probably not going to happen. Sucks for those of us who want the Lakers to compete for next season and get to the playoffs.

Get used to this.

These are not Jerry Buss Lakers.

These are Jerry's kids Lakers.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014-15 SeasonTicketInvoicesHaveArrived- To Dump or not To Dump?

Jeggs wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Yikes,

Not stretching Nash would actually increase spending ability in 15 (and 16). It would make acquiring Love easier, not harder. Also, they have through August 31 to decide on Nash. They will know all the FA stuff before having to decide.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

What a nice problem to have.... deciding on what to do with Lakers season tickets

I don't even have cable
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Actions speak louder than words, and the front office's actions can be perceived as such arrogance.

They're going to tank again next year, and they want fans to pay up two months earlier than usual before they change their minds after they see that D'Antoni is staying and that no star free agents are going to be walking through that door.
EdfromSimiValley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject:

Here's my take on this. I did read the article about Joe Smith and while I understand his passion, it's really a non-issue in the overall scheme of things. If someone has hundreds of dollars to throw around, that is fine and they can spend it the way they choose. Just because his story was picked up doesn't mean he is right or wrong in the way he feels. It's just 1 person's choice.

If you love M&Ms and the best CEO they had died, and on top of it they got rid of blue, you're favorite color, what would you do? Stop buying M&M's? They will hardly miss your money or goodwill in all honesty.

I have had my tickets for 10 seasons now and the reason I don't give them up is because the waiting list is always long, and the renewal rate is high. I will not be able to get seats again for a very long time. If you are willing to ride or die with the team, you'd have to hold onto them. Other than monetary reasons, I can't forsee another avenue unless I fall out of love with the team, which would be very hard no matter what. Having season seats is a luxury or want, not a necessity. A lot of us have lost money on our tickets this season, but that's the risk you run and the price you pay when the team has a sub-par season.

Let the people who want to give them up do so. It will just open up opportunities for others and make renewals actually realistic for people like me who have been wanting to move down even a few rows for years.

This organization has always had more ups and downs and gotten past the dips rather quickly, so here's hoping that trend continues!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Actions speak louder than words, and the front office's actions can be perceived as such arrogance.

They're going to tank again next year, and they want fans to pay up two months earlier than usual before they change their minds after they see that D'Antoni is staying and that no star free agents are going to be walking through that door.

As we've seen ad nauseum, the front office's moves, non moves, imagined moves, and made up motivations can be perceived in pretty much any way anyone chooses to. And if they waited until the "normal" time, or even pushed it back a month or 2, virtually none of those perceptions would change.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject:

EdfromSimiValley wrote:
Here's my take on this. I did read the article about Joe Smith and while I understand his passion, it's really a non-issue in the overall scheme of things. If someone has hundreds of dollars to throw around, that is fine and they can spend it the way they choose. Just because his story was picked up doesn't mean he is right or wrong in the way he feels. It's just 1 person's choice.

If you love M&Ms and the best CEO they had died, and on top of it they got rid of blue, you're favorite color, what would you do? Stop buying M&M's? They will hardly miss your money or goodwill in all honesty.

I have had my tickets for 10 seasons now and the reason I don't give them up is because the waiting list is always long, and the renewal rate is high. I will not be able to get seats again for a very long time. If you are willing to ride or die with the team, you'd have to hold onto them. Other than monetary reasons, I can't forsee another avenue unless I fall out of love with the team, which would be very hard no matter what. Having season seats is a luxury or want, not a necessity. A lot of us have lost money on our tickets this season, but that's the risk you run and the price you pay when the team has a sub-par season.

Let the people who want to give them up do so. It will just open up opportunities for others and make renewals actually realistic for people like me who have been wanting to move down even a few rows for years.

This organization has always had more ups and downs and gotten past the dips rather quickly, so here's hoping that trend continues!

Same I am taking this as a possible opportunity to move to better seats over the summer. I am a Laker fan always in bad years and good.

The 1990's was a 10 year stretch without a championship. It happens in sports. Laker fans are very lucky.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject:

EdfromSimiValley wrote:

You drive to Staples from Simi Valley? Damn, I'm impressed. That's quite a slog, though I'd guess it's mostly against traffic.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject:

A 400,000 dollar paying customer is important. No matter where your loyalties lie, if the brand perception is being eroded by the high paying regular customers. You have a problem.

Whether the Buss kids see that is a different issue. Retaining MDA being the surest sign that they have lost the plot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: