6th Pick vs Irving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kyle VS 6 pick
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 101 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 144

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RashardA wrote:
If the Lakers cant get Wiggins, Parker ( if he declares) or Embid they absolutely should look to move the pick for an established talent. Going after Kyrie would be a no brainer.

And then complain about not having cap space to sign FAs? The value of a rookie contract is too undervalued here. I know not everyone understands the CBA, but to make it was to understand, it is easier to bring in needed players when you have a starter making less than the MLE.

U say u know cba but r willing to pay a defensive scrub like jordan around 16million dollars?

Great. DJ is not even 3rd option on championship team.

More like what perkins was to cetics in 08-10

Sometimes having a guy who can patrol the paint (2.5 bpg), control the glass (13.8 rpg) and anchor the defense (7th overall) is more important than a "third option" on offense.

Give it up, the "defense win championships" crowd suddenly doesn't care about defense when they see a shiny offensive player. Luckily Mitch has not only played on championship teams, he has built championship teams, and understands the value of defense.

Yes but Deandre is not worth 16m.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Jordan is elite in three areas...shot blocking, rebounding, and finishing around the rim. There aren't many players in the league that you can say are Top 3 or so in three separate aspects of the game.

U mean dunking only specifically? Cause he has ZERO moves around the basket

I agree he a good defensive player but some people are overrating him like he is bill russell and would take him over Kevin Love

He's not really heaven as good a defender as people thing. His man uses him like a rented goalie, and flashy blocks aside, he doesn't play all that special help d. Clippers are actually worse defenders this hear than last...

People like ventura see him block shots and run around & dunk.

Suddenly he is an elite defensive player. Watch them grt abuse again in the playoofs this yr

Want them to play warriors or memphis.

I would take love over deandre 100 times of 100
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

He plays excellent help D, but is actually below average in man to man D. ZERO offensive ability. He is a strong finisher which means nothing when you can not create your own shot. Sure, he can climb to catch a lob. Big deal. He can not hold KLove's jock strap and it is a JOKE to compare the two.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

I don't think anyone's saying Love over DJ, but rather DJ would be the perfect complementary piece to a guy like Love.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

Actually, I think the argument is to go after Jordan instead of Love.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

exactly. its about signing Deandre over Love and paying him @around 16mil
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject:

Welp never mind then.

Love>>>>DJ

And does anyone think DJ even leaves the Clippers?
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
One of the few trades I'd consider in exchange for our pick, due to Irving's cap figure of $7.46M. That said, the benefit of that would only last for a year, as Irving's cap hold is $14.91M next summer.

If LeBron, Wade, Bosh, & Anthony all opt in, you most certainly hold onto the pick. Why? Because that means that 2015 FA will look like this...

-LeBron James
-Carmelo Anthony
-Kevin Love
-Dwyane Wade
-LaMarcus Aldridge
-Marc Gasol
-Chris Bosh
-DeAndre Jordan
-Roy Hibbert
-Brook Lopez

That's a buyer's market right there. We can go into the '15-16 season with a very, very good player AND our pick.

Ideally, we'd get a steal with our lotto pick, the Heat flame out the next two years and we sign Lebron for his last title run similar to Kobe's from 07 -11.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

If we don't spend anything in free agency this year, couldn't we offer big contracts to both Love and Jordan next year? IMO that would be preferable to going after a guy like Lowry or Stephenson this year and then only have enough for Love next year. You need that defensive anchor next to Love to truly have a great two-way lineup. Doesn't have to be that exact combo either, because Marc Gasol, Asik, and Chandler are free agents in 2015, too. Of course, that plan would only work if we secured a back court partner for Kobe/Durant ( ) in the upcoming draft, whether it's Wiggins, Exum, or Smart.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
24 wrote:

If we don't spend anything in free agency this year, couldn't we offer big contracts to both Love and Jordan next year?

You failed to specify what the salary numbers are for big contracts.

Perhaps in the area of $55 million for Kobe + Love + D Jordan.

The Salary Cap for the 2015 - 2016 season is still undetermined, so no idea how much room would be left after the large salary trio (Kobe, Love and D Jordan) + the 2014 First Round pick.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Not only is Love a MUCH better player than Jordan, but he also gives us a better chance to get Durant.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Suddenly he is an elite defensive player. Watch them grt abuse again in the playoofs this yr

Jordan is the best anchor available in 2015, that is why I have been wanting him, I don't resort to fantasy moves like the Rockets trading Asik to us. Take Love, he is a good player, though his stats have been hollow to this point and he has also been injury prone. Just don't pretend to act like you care about defense. My original reason to want Jordan was with the assumption that we draft Randle or Parker.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RashardA wrote:
If the Lakers cant get Wiggins, Parker ( if he declares) or Embid they absolutely should look to move the pick for an established talent. Going after Kyrie would be a no brainer.

And then complain about not having cap space to sign FAs? The value of a rookie contract is too undervalued here. I know not everyone understands the CBA, but to make it was to understand, it is easier to bring in needed players when you have a starter making less than the MLE.

U say u know cba but r willing to pay a defensive scrub like jordan around 16million dollars?

Great. DJ is not even 3rd option on championship team.

More like what perkins was to cetics in 08-10

Sometimes having a guy who can patrol the paint (2.5 bpg), control the glass (13.8 rpg) and anchor the defense (7th overall) is more important than a "third option" on offense.

100% agreed but not at around 16mil/yr

He can be had at around $12-13. And you know I have posted that, but since it doesn't fit your rant, you continually ignore it.
Yuck. A 10.5 ppg role player that can't shoot FTs (which means he shouldn't really be playing in the 4th quarter of a tight playoff game) signing for 12-13m.That's the kind of deal that will kill your championship prospects for the foreseeable future. He's a great rebounder, but he sucks offensively and is a little overrated defensively (despite high bpg) as others have mentioned in this thread.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Jordan is the best anchor available in 2015, that is why I have been wanting him, I don't resort to fantasy moves like the Rockets trading Asik to us. Take Love, he is a good player, though his stats have been hollow to this point and he has also been injury prone. Just don't pretend to act like you care about defense. My original reason to want Jordan was with the assumption that we draft Randle or Parker.
Under NO circumstance should you want to pay Jordan 13 million rather than paying Love 16 million. Jordan/Randle or Parker would be battling for the 8th seed for the next decade lol. And no, Durant is not coming in 2016.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Gasol and hibbert both anchor better than Jordan, if you look beyond simple block/rebound numbers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:

Yuck. A 10.5 ppg role player that can't shoot FTs (which means he shouldn't really be playing in the 4th quarter of a tight playoff game) signing for 12-13m.That's the kind of deal that will kill your championship prospects for the foreseeable future. He's a great rebounder, but he sucks offensively and is a little overrated defensively (despite high bpg) as others have mentioned in this thread.

There won't be many choices to get an anchor. And you won't win without one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Under NO circumstance should you want to pay Jordan 13 million rather than paying Love 16 million. Jordan/Randle or Parker would be battling for the 8th seed for the next decade lol. And no, Durant is not coming in 2016.

Why would you pay Love $16 mil if you have Randle or Parker? That makes no sense, Love is already a part of the worst defensive frontcourt in the league, adding him next to one of the rookies would be a horrible idea.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Gasol and hibbert both anchor better than Jordan, if you look beyond simple block/rebound numbers.

Gasol will also be 30 and Hibbert likely won't be available.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:

The Heat win championships with a PF playing C and a SF playing PF.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

Just as available as Jordan.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:

So you are assuming we somehow get the best player in the game on the Lakers? I would be all for that, by the way. But minus that, the Heat aren't winning squat. The teams that give them trouble are teams with size as a result of them not having an anchor.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

Just as available as Jordan.

You are right, I had thought the Pacers had locked him up past then. If only he could grab boards.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Why would you pay Love $16 mil if you have Randle or Parker? That makes no sense, Love is already a part of the worst defensive frontcourt in the league, adding him next to one of the rookies would be a horrible idea.
Love is the only young star that is available to us for the next several years. Passing on him for a role player would be silly. Randle/Love would not be ideal, and one of them would eventually have to be moved. But at least you have valuable assets. This is basically the BPA principle. Ideally you could sign a player of Love's age/caliber and have him fit your current roster. But if he isn't a perfect fit, and is by far the best player available, you pull the trigger. Signing a star at a position that's filled by a high draft pick is an inconvenience. Passing on the only available star to sign an over-payed role player that can't hit FTs would be a catastrophe.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:

So you are assuming we somehow get the best player in the game on the Lakers? I would be all for that, by the way. But minus that, the Heat aren't winning squat. The teams that give them trouble are teams with size as a result of them not having an anchor.
You said that teams don't win without an anchor, and I disproved the notion with an example. Explaining why you were wrong doesn't change the fact that you were wrong.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject:

This team won't win without an anchor if all the do is add Love. He brings nothing to the defensive end. Draft Embiid and things are different.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15
Jump to: