If you had to chose, would you take Kevin Love or Carmelo Anthony?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

K-Love or Melo?
Kevin is Love
84%
 84%  [ 106 ]
L'eggo my Melo
15%
 15%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 126

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Love, easily. Melo is a one trick pony who's not getting any younger. Anyone watch the Miami vs Knicks game? That's the real Melo.

The real Melo is the one fighting through an injury to try and get his team to the playoffs?

If you're still trying to make it to the playoffs, in the East this season, your team sucks.

You have teams that are led by Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson, & Kyle Lowry making the playoffs in the East, and I still gotta hear about how Melo & Kyrie don't have the supporting casts to get there.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I chose Love because he's 25 and entering his prime where Melo is 29 and already maxed out, still has a couple of great years left but Love has more. I wouldn't trade the pick for Love even if he was willing to sign an extension, if he really wants to be here he will come as a free agent next summer. We need to develop a young prospect this year because we don't have a pick next year, and he'll be on a cheap contract which is valuable.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Love, easily. Melo is a one trick pony who's not getting any younger. Anyone watch the Miami vs Knicks game? That's the real Melo.

The real Melo is the one fighting through an injury to try and get his team to the playoffs?

If you're still trying to make it to the playoffs, in the East this season, your team sucks.

You have teams that are led by Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson, & Kyle Lowry making the playoffs in the East, and I still gotta hear about how Melo & Kyrie don't have the supporting casts to get there.
Boom! Outta Here!

I do admit, I hate Melo's game.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I chose Love because he's 25 and entering his prime where Melo is 29 and already maxed out, still has a couple of great years left but Love has more. I wouldn't trade the pick for Love even if he was willing to sign an extension, if he really wants to be here he will come as a free agent next summer. We need to develop a young prospect this year because we don't have a pick next year, and he'll be on a cheap contract which is valuable.

Cheap contract because he won't produce until he gets closer to his prime...which is years away. You don't win rings by developing young prospects. Look at the Cavaliers...they develop young prospects only to ship them out to teams with greener pastures. That's what small market teams are for: developing young prospects. When they mature and are ready for greener pastures, they go to the big markets where there are more endorsements and rings to be had.

We don't develop players unless we know without a shadow of a doubt they will be game changers like Magic Johnson or Kobe Bryant. The way to win in this league is to get as much talent as you can afford now, not develop young and up and coming players which can take half a decade to do.

Lakers are not interested in being mediocre for half a decade, being dependent on the talent of a lottery pick.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Love, no question about it.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Equal pricing I would take Melo. He's the better player.

However, given age and contract, I would want Love.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to chose, would you take Kevin Love or Carmelo Anthony?

Jeggs wrote:
If we pick someone up this season it's going to be one of these two. Who do you prefer?

I was on the Melo bandwagon. I now think Love is a better pairing with Kobe. I feel Love is the only one out of these two that can match Kobe's work ethic, and competitive nature.

I could definitely see Kobe passing the torch to K-Love as well.
whoa whoa whoa slow down. Thats a lie. i have to call them the way i see them. melo is hyper competitive. he just doesnt play any defense and he's a ball stopper. doesnt take away his competitiveness. Dominique was just like melo. i never once said he wasnt competitive. but i sure as heck didnt want him on my team hogging that ball and not playing any defense.

so to answer the Op's question. i would go with love for 2 reasons. he's a real pf. unlike melo. he's also a great rebounder unlike melo. neither of them play defense. but melo is the better defender. which aint saying much. lol. so what wins it. is the ball movement i see in kevin love. love is not a ball stopper. melo is.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Love. Easier to build around.

Building around Melo requires players that work well off the ball. Love requires defenders. Far easier in this league to find a defender than 4 other guys that excel off ball. Lakers were lucky to find Pau, one of the few elite second options that thrive off ball and on ball. With Melo you are going to need a guy like that. Unselfish as well as elite at creating shots for himself or others.

With Love you can get by with one or two guys requiring the ball in their hands, but you need a defensive big and a few wing defenders. Not easy to find, but far easier than finding a second option like Pau. I actually think Love would work well with Melo offensively but defensively that is a disaster. Far too slow and not enough length to compensate.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: If you had to chose, would you take Kevin Love or Carmelo Anthony?

postandpivot wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
If we pick someone up this season it's going to be one of these two. Who do you prefer?

I was on the Melo bandwagon. I now think Love is a better pairing with Kobe. I feel Love is the only one out of these two that can match Kobe's work ethic, and competitive nature.

I could definitely see Kobe passing the torch to K-Love as well.
whoa whoa whoa slow down. Thats a lie. i have to call them the way i see them. melo is hyper competitive. he just doesnt play any defense and he's a ball stopper. doesnt take away his competitiveness. Dominique was just like melo. i never once said he wasnt competitive. but i sure as heck didnt want him on my team hogging that ball and not playing any defense.

so to answer the Op's question. i would go with love for 2 reasons. he's a real pf. unlike melo. he's also a great rebounder unlike melo. neither of them play defense. but melo is the better defender. which aint saying much. lol. so what wins it. is the ball movement i see in kevin love. love is not a ball stopper. melo is.

I see the 2nd chance opportunities you get with K-Love, making up for his average ability on the defensive end. Offensive rebounds to me are as valuable as good defense, and Kevin Love gets double the offensive rebounds Melo does. Heck he gets more rebounds than Dwight does

If you are getting more rebounds as a forward than the best center in the NBA, it really shows that you'll hussle, and do whatever it takes to win. 100% effort night in and night out. That's why I think Love is the perfect guy to pair with someone like Kobe. They are both workhorses that will work themselves to death to win. I can't say the same thing about Melo, sorry.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Sign both; break the bank. Do it Mitch! We'd score 130 pts and only give up 125.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject:

Gotta go with Love here. He's the younger player with more potential to unlock in his game while Melo is a one trick pony on the decline.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: