C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject:

Unrelated: The greatest Heat & greatest Pop in the same promo:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

HBK/Bret Hart set up the attitude era for Austin, Rock etc.

HBK and Bret were really pioneers. They took what Hogan/Warrior etc did and allowed fans to cheer and be heavily invested in guys who didn't look like roid freaks/Hulks. It was a great time. I know the promo is from 2005 or so, but it just showed how even at the time how years later fans were so deeply invested in the two characters.

Too bad, because these days, nothing comes close to what we used to get with Bret/HBK, Austin/Rock, Bret/Austin. Only Taker/HBK in 2009+2010 was close, but only done for WM. I really feel bad for the John Cena generation growing up. These younger fans don't know what they missed from 96-2003.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Jake the Snake is still alive: Proof that alcohol and hard drugs are healthier for you than any combination of steroids and anything else.

exhibit 1A: Jake Roberts
exhibit 1B: Keith Richards
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
C M B wrote:

HBK and Bret were really pioneers. They took what Hogan/Warrior etc did and allowed fans to cheer and be heavily invested in guys who didn't look like roid freaks/Hulks. It was a great time. I know the promo is from 2005 or so, but it just showed how even at the time how years later fans were so deeply invested in the two characters.

Too bad, because these days, nothing comes close to what we used to get with Bret/HBK, Austin/Rock, Bret/Austin. Only Taker/HBK in 2009+2010 was close, but only done for WM. I really feel bad for the John Cena generation growing up. These younger fans don't know what they missed from 96-2003.

I stopped watching after HHH and Kurt Angle were at their peaks, which was a little closer to mid 2000s. Ever since then it's been all downhill.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
C M B wrote:

I stopped watching after HHH and Kurt Angle were at their peaks, which was a little closer to mid 2000s. Ever since then it's been all downhill.

Yeah, when The Rock left is when I stopped caring. I would always check back in when he made a comeback though.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Died of heart disease.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/10782037/ultimate-warrior-died-cardiovascular-disease

Never heard of heart disease killing someone. I've heard of a heart attack, stroke, cardiac arrest, etc. killing someone, but not "heart disease." I wonder if drugs could have exasperated it, but they don't want to say out of respect.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Died of heart disease.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/10782037/ultimate-warrior-died-cardiovascular-disease

Never heard of heart disease killing someone. I've heard of a heart attack, stroke, cardiac arrest, etc. killing someone, but not "heart disease." I wonder if drugs could have exasperated it, but they don't want to say out of respect.

Its only the leading killers of people...

About 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. More than half of the deaths due to heart disease in 2009 were in men.
http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: