Lebron whining about a foul call after getting blocked by Plumlee as Nets sweep Heat.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I am a little puzzled by people who see this as a clear, easy call; but I think that's more about whether you have a strong emotional like/dislike about the players involved rather than the call itself. But that's the case with a lot of these super-close really subjective calls like this one.

My thoughts exactly, it's definitely not a call that goes one way every time. It's more like those 50/50 block calls. Fans agree with the call when it goes their way of course, but they feel much differently when it goes against them.

It was clearly a non-foul to me. If it was called it would be one of those annoying "ticky-tack" fouls.

Lebron's hand was still touching the ball, so his hand is part of the ball. No foul for hitting the hand.

...and I like LeBron.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I am a little puzzled by people who see this as a clear, easy call; but I think that's more about whether you have a strong emotional like/dislike about the players involved rather than the call itself. But that's the case with a lot of these super-close really subjective calls like this one.

My thoughts exactly, it's definitely not a call that goes one way every time. It's more like those 50/50 block calls. Fans agree with the call when it goes their way of course, but they feel much differently when it goes against them.

It was clearly a non-foul to me. If it was called it would be one of those annoying "ticky-tack" fouls.

Lebron's hand was still touching the ball, so his hand is part of the ball. No foul for hitting the hand.

...and I like LeBron.

To me, it looked like Plumlee hit his wrist, which isn't part of the ball. But his fingertips grazed the ball first, so his hitting the wrist afterwards became a moot point.
DaGift
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
DaGift wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
I think that it was a block, but ANY player that gets hit on the hand hard like that would feel like they got fouled. I hate LeBron but lets not act like any other player would not be complaining for a foul, especially at the end of the game like that. I'm sure Kobe would have given the referees the death glare 100 times over.

Agreed

Not an LBJ fan, but if that was Kobe alot of peoples opinions on here would have been different. I'm glad the correct call was made though.

Problem is kobe actually does get shafted by the refs repeatedly.

A no call like this, refs should be happy kobe is giving them the death stare instead of assaulting them ala Nick van exel.

If you can show me a video of lebron getting hammered like this with no call id gladly eat crow and shut up. And i just posted one video of out thousands, heck is an entire game where's getting jobbed by the refs. Kobe is by far the most disrespected HOFer ever

Every star player has had no calls go against them at some point repeatedly. Don't act like Kobe doesn't try to sell fouls to the refs as well and glares at them when he doesn't get those calls. I don't personally believe Lebron got foul myself, but the point I was trying to make is just cause a guy is disliked (Lebron) doesn't mean he's a (bleep) for complaining to the refs about a call that honestly could have gone either way. If it was Kobe mostly everyone here would scream bloody murder.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
activeverb wrote:

...and I like LeBron.

To me, it looked like Plumlee hit his wrist, which isn't part of the ball. But his fingertips grazed the ball first, so his hitting the wrist afterwards became a moot point.

Oh give me a break... if you notice Lebron's wristband, Plumlee's hand was well over above it and in the end, they were holding hands. It is not possible to hit the wrist and then having the hands being held afterwards.
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
http://giant.gfycat.com/UnripeScaredAntelope.gif

Lolz at lebronz
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I don't think it was a clean block.

Rules state:

-Hand is part of the ball.
-If the ball is touched first, then any contact that comes after is allowed.

Since the ball was touched first by the right side of his hand, it was a clean block.

The foul was when Lebron was grabbed going up for the shot, not on the block. That is the one they missed, but we see them miss calls all the time.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The foul was when Lebron was grabbed going up for the shot, not on the block. That is the one they missed, but we see them miss calls all the time.

If you mean Joe Johnson, I'd say that was a good no-call.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

It was a foul, no matter if one thinks it should be called or not.
PupNamedHector
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject:

Joe Johnson fouled him before the good non-call (hand part of the ball, incidental contact rule).

Of course, if that was Kobe, fans here would be calling for the ref's head, "rigged", conspiracy, etc.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If you mean Joe Johnson, I'd say that was a good no-call.

I think that was a good no call. But I wouldn't have thought it was wrong to blow the whistle on him either,
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:

Pitiful.

That's all hurt pride and ego.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

PupNamedHector wrote:
Joe Johnson fouled him before the good non-call (hand part of the ball, incidental contact rule).

Of course, if that was Kobe, fans here would be calling for the ref's head, "rigged", conspiracy, etc.

Go back to the Heat board you (bleep) piece of (bleep).
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject:

To me its a foul.Before anything happens up top Plums gives a push to LBJ with the left hand.If you are going to yell rule book at the top you have to yell rule book at the body.Last seconds of a game though nobody gets that call.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject:

DaGift wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:
DaGift wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
I think that it was a block, but ANY player that gets hit on the hand hard like that would feel like they got fouled. I hate LeBron but lets not act like any other player would not be complaining for a foul, especially at the end of the game like that. I'm sure Kobe would have given the referees the death glare 100 times over.

Agreed

Not an LBJ fan, but if that was Kobe alot of peoples opinions on here would have been different. I'm glad the correct call was made though.

Problem is kobe actually does get shafted by the refs repeatedly.

A no call like this, refs should be happy kobe is giving them the death stare instead of assaulting them ala Nick van exel.

If you can show me a video of lebron getting hammered like this with no call id gladly eat crow and shut up. And i just posted one video of out thousands, heck is an entire game where's getting jobbed by the refs. Kobe is by far the most disrespected HOFer ever

Every star player has had no calls go against them at some point repeatedly. Don't act like Kobe doesn't try to sell fouls to the refs as well and glares at them when he doesn't get those calls. I don't personally believe Lebron got foul myself, but the point I was trying to make is just cause a guy is disliked (Lebron) doesn't mean he's a (bleep) for complaining to the refs about a call that honestly could have gone either way. If it was Kobe mostly everyone here would scream bloody murder.

You added nothing here besides regurgitating your previous post. Lebron is a bleep because he gets treated like royalty by the refs but when there's the slightest of contact he's complaining like a little bleep. Can't say the same for Kobe. Again, show me a video of Lebron getting shafted like Kobe.

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject:

LJ should not of complained about the call, it shows his wrinkles, he has some major wrinkles. clean block.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
but when there's the slightest of contact he's complaining like a little bleep. Can't say the same for Kobe.

Whether Kobe got shafted by the referees is a tired old subject. However, if you're saying that Kobe didn't complain every time he didn't get a call over the slightest of contact, you can't be serious. Kobe endlessly worked the refs, and a lot of times there was nothing to it.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

LeBron complaining about playing so many minutes now.

He's gone from Miami.

Wade is done. Bosh is tired of being the 3rd wheel. Roster is going to get worst before it gets better. Why stay?
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject:

He was fouled before the block, and it had an influence on the James ability to put more strength/energy to finish, but it was just missed call, the block was clean. I really don't know what all the fuss is about, every player gets posterized and every player gets their shots blocked, some more than others.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
LeBron complaining about playing so many minutes now.

He's gone from Miami.

Wade is done. Bosh is tired of being the 3rd wheel. Roster is going to get worst before it gets better. Why stay?

Lebron will be a Laker
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

buck lefron
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
27 wrote:

Pitiful.

OMG, that footage is golden. Lebron is the biggest whiner in the NBA.

JJ barely grazed him. Plumlee definitely didn't foul Lebron. He hit ball first with his finger tips, and then touched his hand. That isn't a foul. Lebron just got stuffed. I've never seen Kobe get stuffed like that when a possible game winner was involved. Pretty embarrassing.
PupNamedHector
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't matter if he "barely grazed him". It's a foul on JJ. The Plumlee wasn't a foul, true.

All NBA players whine. Your biased take on Lebron doesn't allow you to see that. Kobe whines with the best of them.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
27 wrote:

Pitiful.

OMG, that footage is golden. Lebron is the biggest whiner in the NBA.

JJ barely grazed him. Plumlee definitely didn't foul Lebron. He hit ball first with his finger tips, and then touched his hand. That isn't a foul. Lebron just got stuffed. I've never seen Kobe get stuffed like that when a possible game winner was involved. Pretty embarrassing.

Happens to everyone.
PupNamedHector
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Yup, happens to everyone. And at the end of that play Kobe flails to get the attention of the refs like he just got fouled or something. Of course he didn't get fouled.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

PupNamedHector wrote:
Yup, happens to everyone. And at the end of that play Kobe flails to get the attention of the refs like he just got fouled or something. Of course he didn't get fouled.

lol i don't see any flails. He hit dwight in the air and bounced off of him.

Anyway, its natural to think you got fouled, its just nice when the refs don't fall for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: