Lebron whining about a foul call after getting blocked by Plumlee as Nets sweep Heat.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
I've never seen Kobe get stuffed like that when a possible game winner was involved. [/b]Pretty embarrassing.

Kobe's game winner getting block on Christmas day a couple of years ago:

But you may not want to look at it, because I'm sure you'll find it "pretty embarrassing" for Kobe.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
I've never seen Kobe get stuffed like that when a possible game winner was involved. [/b]Pretty embarrassing.

But you may not want to look at it, because I'm sure you'll find it "pretty embarrassing" for Kobe.

You have that video saved in your favorites, and you know it.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject:

This might just be my anti-lebron bias talking but I don't think that a blocked lay-up is necessarily as "embarrassing" as a blocked dunk. I don't think either play is honestly, but I think he was referring to getting stuffed at the rim literally on a dunk. The difference is, Kobe hasn't been in that situation and that's why it obviously hasn't happened.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
This might just be my anti-lebron bias talking but I don't think that a blocked lay-up is necessarily as "embarrassing" as a blocked dunk. I don't think either play is honestly, but I think he was referring to getting stuffed at the rim literally on a dunk. The difference is, Kobe hasn't been in that situation and that's why it obviously hasn't happened.

Oh, really? Uncle Google says otherwise. Here's Rony Turiaf stuffing Kobe at the rim:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhDh8QhD487O34H3F6

Come on, any player who takes the ball to the hole is going to get blocked from time to time. It's no big deal. Sometimes the defender is just going to get it, whether it's Plumlee or Turiaf or whoever. Plumlee's will be remembered only because it was literally a game winner.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is a great player. Getting blocked doesn't change that. Like Aeneas said, EVERYBODY gets blocked once in a while. Just like how every shot blocker gets one thrown down in his face once in a while, everybody who drives gets one sent back every so often. It's the price you pay, and nothing to be embarrassed about. Far more embarrassing to get discouraged and stop than it is to get blocked.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
activeverb wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

You have that video saved in your favorites, and you know it.

Nah. I had never seen it until a few hours ago. The guy said Kobe had never had a game-winning block, which was silly cause it's happened to everyone, so I just went to YouTube and searched, Kobe game-winning shot blocked and it immediately came up. Took about 20 seconds, which was about the maximum time I would have spent on something as trivial as this

I just have fun puncturing dumb comments, and it would have been just as fun for me if the comment had been about Wade, Durant, or any other star.

Last edited by activeverb on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:

Oh, really? Uncle Google says otherwise. Here's Rony Turiaf stuffing Kobe at the rim:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhDh8QhD487O34H3F6

Come on, any player who takes the ball to the hole is going to get blocked from time to time. It's no big deal. Sometimes the defender is just going to get it, whether it's Plumlee or Turiaf or whoever. Plumlee's will be remembered only because it was literally a game winner.
Yeah that's what I meant, I didn't mean Kobe never got stuffed on a dunk before. I meant he's never gotten stuffed on a game winning dunk attempt, but I said the reason for that is I don't think he's attempted many (if any) such dunks.

Certainly, every player does get blocked at the rim at some point. I wasn't trying to imply Kobe has never been at all.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

I just wish the Bronhate threads would be for stuff that our own superstars haven't done numerous times (ie: cry and whine at a ref for not calling a foul because they got breathed on hard while their shot was blocked). In fact, what other superstar wouldn't react that way? Even Timmy, I guarantee it.

C'mon, lads, not so obvious...other forums may post this thread and laugh at us.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Lebron is a great player. Getting blocked doesn't change that. Like Aeneas said, EVERYBODY gets blocked once in a while. Just like how every shot blocker gets one thrown down in his face once in a while, everybody who drives gets one sent back every so often. It's the price you pay, and nothing to be embarrassed about. Far more embarrassing to get discouraged and stop than it is to get blocked.

Jordan missed at least 3 (that I can recall) power/statement d0nx. He went up for an open tongue-out, leaning power dunk at MSG one time and it boinked out and flew all the way to half court, crowd went nuts. Another was a windmill against us in 92, Chick got to use the "mustard's off the hotdog!" on Air Jordan himself, it was a hoot. In 93 at the Forum, he went in for a open court dunk on the Lakers and bounced it off his knee outta bounds.

Absolutely no one is immune to embarrassing stuff like that from time to time. I have a game (91 at MIL) where Magic dribbled it out of bounds off his foot on the drive up for the game-winning shot. The year before at MIL, we're down 1 with 1.1 and Magic throws a perfect pass to Mychal from halfcourt for a 2-foot gimme in front of the rim and he shoots it short. Eesh. Larry Bird bobbled an open layup to tie or win a playoff game against Cleveland in what I'm fairly sure was his last game at Boston Garden. Pat Ewing, that layup he missed at the buzzer of Gm SEVEN vs Indy in 95, that was sorrowful for even NON-NY fans to see happen to him.

Far as blocks go, Zo was posterized about as many times as Bradley. That one of him blocking a dunk by AP that usually goes in his top 10 clips, the ball went back down court the very next trip and Elden dunked all on Zo w/ two hands.

Everybody hurts...sometimes.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I just wish the Bronhate threads would be for stuff that our own superstars haven't done numerous times (ie: cry and whine at a ref for not calling a foul because they got breathed on hard while their shot was blocked). In fact, what other superstar wouldn't react that way? Even Timmy, I guarantee it.

C'mon, lads, not so obvious...other forums may post this thread and laugh at us.

Timmy is the king of it, he just gives a shocked face and pleads his case to the ref in the most polite way possible. These guys all try to get every advantage they can and selling fouls, getting away with fouls, and working the refs over is all part of the game.

What you are saying couldnt be more true. Most fans around in the league think the stars all have the refs in their back pockets but if you ask each stars fanbase, they'll tell you that their own star is the only star in the league that doesn't get star calls.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Timmy is the king of it, he just gives a shocked face and pleads his case to the ref in the most polite way possible. These guys all try to get every advantage they can and selling fouls, getting away with fouls, and working the refs over is all part of the game.

What you are saying couldnt be more true. Most fans around in the league think the stars all have the refs in their back pockets but if you ask each stars fanbase, they'll tell you that their own star is the only star in the league that doesn't get star calls.

I liked the Horry way. He worked the refs hard, but he did it by being friendly, laughing, trying to wrap his arm around them to keep them from walking away. He did that on a nightly basis, but it didn't offend like the antics from a ass like Barkley. Chuck became every bit as bad a whiner as Ainge was known to be, probably only 2nd to Sheed by the time he retired.

Unfort, the Horry way is much rarer than the Chuck way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: