Pacquiao vs Bradley 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Black Salt wrote:
Regardless who would win, Duckweather got his reputation for a reason. He never fights anyone who is in their prime and would be able to challenge him.

EXCEPT when he took on the baddest 130-pounder (Diego Corrales) that was in the game, in his prime and picked him apart until Chico's corner threw in the towel after knockdown #5.

Can't take that away from Floyd.

You mean Diego Corrales who feet was slow as hell who would pose no threat to Mayweather's defensive style by closing the gap and getting off a barrage of punches? His defensive style was taylor made against Corrales. He had some quick hands in close range fighting but overall hand speed wasn't spectacular. He also caught Diego pre prime years age 23 by boxing standards. Try again ! The first fight with Corrales vs. Castillo was a thing of legends on how he came back in that 10th round!! A tough fighter with heart is how I describe Diego. Is there anybody else you can bring up in Floyd's fight history?

So you credit Diego for his fight against Castillo (and yes, it was one of the GOATS in my book), but discredit Floyd schooling him like an amateur?

Then say, is there anyone else I can bring up.

Read my posts ... I'm not arguing that Floyd is taking on all comers.

I was just saying that he took on a HUGE threat to him in his prime.

That's all.

But, you know ... hate away.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Floyd keeps telling you guys he's in the check cashing business. I want to see the fight and am perturbed by Floyd's reluctance to make it. I too understand why he doesn't, it's all about da Benjamin's.

You wannna to git at him hit him up on his twitter account. LINK

You speculate on the reasons but this is irrevocably true: Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao. A probable guess would be that he's afraid that Pac will beat him, which makes him a coward.

I don't think he's afraid. I think he has reservations. IMM Floyd thinks he can beat Manny and so do I but the possibility of a loss is something he's isn't ready to chance. As I said before his 0 is his leverage and he's not willing to put it on the line.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
lol @ you guys thinking Manny would beat Mayweather.

Most people don't think Manny would beat Floyd. But Floyd ducked him anyways.

Mayweather can't beat Manny... until he decides to man up and actually fights and beats him.

in a war without a single battle, Manny has beaten Mayweather to a pulp in the psychological warfare...

Drifts, probably the biggest manny fan on LG.

lol
Thanks, but I just want to see the fight.
people can speculate all they want about who'd win in this fight. I'd give Floyd the upper hand since his style is decision-friendly, for some reason. He'd probably win a round without throwing a single punch, just by dodging and running around the ring.

I think Floyd has about 80% chance of beating Manny, and I believe that's how the odds will go when the fight ever does happen. 4-1 in favor of Floyd. But this is not new to Manny, he's taken huge chances in his career before. I bet no one thought he'd dominate Marco Antonio Barrera, the baddest man in boxing some years ago. But he's old and slower now... so we'll see.

again, it's like the cold war... not one single battle. and I think Floyd is content with the majority opinion that he'd easily beat Manny. But you can't beat a man until you fight him.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

At this point, I'd have to think Floyd wins that fight easily.

5 years ago?

Would have been awesome.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Floyd would probably win but it would be the most difficult fight of his career.

However, he still remains the world's greatest champion of hypothetical fights.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I think most people would agree that Mayweather is favored in a fight with Pac...now or ever. But we'll never get to see it because Mayweather is a scared little ho.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Gameplan wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Triumph wrote:
marga86 wrote:

If i was floyd i wouldnt fight manny, not to keep my 0, but to not give arum money. It's really that simple.

If you're a fan of Floyd's (which I'm assuming you are), doesn't that make you mad or at least disappointed that you won't get to see him fight Manny for such a petty reason that has nothing to do with the actual sport/competition itself?

And it annoys me to no end that everyone defends Floyd's refusal to fight Manny because "he doesn't need to" or because he's "the cash cow". Is he sharing the money with you guys or what? Why do you care about that?

Quote:
People underestimate the power of pride. Neither Arum nor Floyd want to swallow their pride. With that said, it is well documented that Manny had his own requests as well. People keep bringing up the drug tests, but other fighters that faught floyd did it with no problem - what makes manny specia

The enhanced drug testing request (that isn't required by the NSAC) was never made before that. It was Floyd's way of making Manny jump through hoops to fight him. By the way Manny eventually agreed to the testing.

But then Floyd wanted Manny to take a ridiculously small cut of the fight purse. Remember if this fight happened it was projected to be the biggest selling boxing PPV of all-time. That's because of the popularity of both fighters, not just Floyd. I think both sides are well within their right to make demands, but Floyd's demands for his cut of the purse were straight up roadblocks. He knew Manny wouldn't agree to those terms. It's obvious he never had any real intentions of making that fight happen.

I do think he was afraid of facing Manny during the run Manny had brutalizing ODLH, Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito. That's just my opinion though.

I'm not a mayweather fan.

I like boxing in general. My favorite all time fight was JCC then JMM. I'm actually indifferent about manny vs floyd.. it's just very obvious to me that floyd would have dumped on manny in manny's prime (and i actually think manny is still pretty damn good).. and even today he could.

It doesnt annoy me in the least bit. Maybe if every time someone asked manny about floyd he wouldnt respond.. "ehhh, welllll... ehhh my promoter bob arum.. eh yea talk to him".

Right. My perception is that if you really want something, come out and say it. Canelo didnt hesitate ONE time to say, let me at em. I want floyd. Lets make it happen. If he was with arum, do you think that fight would of happened? He was with golden boy, and it happened.

There is no real right or wrong here, its just what you identify yourself with. I'm a CPA, so i'll usually lean towards who brings more value to the table. If i was in floyd's situation i'd do the EXACT SAME THING.

@AJ, if the foot thing doesnt bother you, why bring up?

Floyd will never be a true champion. He hands picks his fights for business interest only. He has chosen guys that have no speed. Name one fighter in the last 5 years that have speed and can move his feet. Delahoya comes to mind, but he was past his prime and wasn’t close to his peak level. Mosely is another who slowed down and was never near in his peak when he was fast with power. Floyd can box and out point the bigger slower guys with KO power, but let’s see him fight more guys with a different fighting style, instead of these stiffs. Floyd style is made for fighters who can’t move or don’t possess any hand speed. Floyd has had many great fighters in his career in his weight class that were in their prime, but he dodged them all and that is a paper champion. His career will have a black mark because he avoided fighting Pacqaiao years ago.

canelo.

i mean u are sittig here ripping floyd for it, why dont u name me one fighter manny has faced that has speed and can move his feet? you gonna tell me bradly? LOL.

I mean they are both guilty of almost the same thing to be honest.. the real problem is not each hand picking their opponents - aside from marquez - no one can bang with either manny nor floyd.

its like one bad take after another.

Manny fought everyone they put in front of him. He even moved up weight classes to fight tougher opponents.

At this point its safe to say you're a manny hater.

Manny is a beast. He's a career ender. Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, De la Hoya. Manny wrecked all these guys.. changing their careers… sending all but Cotto into retirement.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:

ya think!??

LOL

iirc. It's been discussed here before as to whom else Pac could have fought in that timeframe and there were no viable names other than maybe Paul Williams but that was (literally) a stretch scenario and ended really quick with a Maravilla left.

and LOL @ ducking JMM a guy he's fought 4 times.

He didn't duck him after the 2nd, there were bigger better fights for him that made more sense in every conceivable way. He didn't have to give him a 3rd and a 4th fight either but he sure did so any silly thought of ducking is null and void. btw marga. do some research and find out that JMM ducked out of the 2nd fight when Pac asked for an immediate rematch, that's why there was 4 years between fights 1 & 2. Go ahead, look it up. And now JMM has been acting pretty ducky to the press whenever asked about a 5th fight which he DEFINITELY OWE's Pac at this point for gifting him a 3rd & 4th opportunity.

I don't think it was a lucky punch but the way JMM has been acting towards a 5th fight makes me think that 'HE' may believe it was a lucky punch.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Gameplan wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Triumph wrote:
marga86 wrote:

If i was floyd i wouldnt fight manny, not to keep my 0, but to not give arum money. It's really that simple.

If you're a fan of Floyd's (which I'm assuming you are), doesn't that make you mad or at least disappointed that you won't get to see him fight Manny for such a petty reason that has nothing to do with the actual sport/competition itself?

And it annoys me to no end that everyone defends Floyd's refusal to fight Manny because "he doesn't need to" or because he's "the cash cow". Is he sharing the money with you guys or what? Why do you care about that?

Quote:
People underestimate the power of pride. Neither Arum nor Floyd want to swallow their pride. With that said, it is well documented that Manny had his own requests as well. People keep bringing up the drug tests, but other fighters that faught floyd did it with no problem - what makes manny specia

The enhanced drug testing request (that isn't required by the NSAC) was never made before that. It was Floyd's way of making Manny jump through hoops to fight him. By the way Manny eventually agreed to the testing.

But then Floyd wanted Manny to take a ridiculously small cut of the fight purse. Remember if this fight happened it was projected to be the biggest selling boxing PPV of all-time. That's because of the popularity of both fighters, not just Floyd. I think both sides are well within their right to make demands, but Floyd's demands for his cut of the purse were straight up roadblocks. He knew Manny wouldn't agree to those terms. It's obvious he never had any real intentions of making that fight happen.

I do think he was afraid of facing Manny during the run Manny had brutalizing ODLH, Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito. That's just my opinion though.

I like boxing in general. My favorite all time fight was JCC then JMM. I'm actually indifferent about manny vs floyd.. it's just very obvious to me that floyd would have dumped on manny in manny's prime (and i actually think manny is still pretty damn good).. and even today he could.

It doesnt annoy me in the least bit. Maybe if every time someone asked manny about floyd he wouldnt respond.. "ehhh, welllll... ehhh my promoter bob arum.. eh yea talk to him".

Right. My perception is that if you really want something, come out and say it. Canelo didnt hesitate ONE time to say, let me at em. I want floyd. Lets make it happen. If he was with arum, do you think that fight would of happened? He was with golden boy, and it happened.

There is no real right or wrong here, its just what you identify yourself with. I'm a CPA, so i'll usually lean towards who brings more value to the table. If i was in floyd's situation i'd do the EXACT SAME THING.

Floyd will never be a true champion. He hands picks his fights for business interest only. He has chosen guys that have no speed. Name one fighter in the last 5 years that have speed and can move his feet. Delahoya comes to mind, but he was past his prime and wasn’t close to his peak level. Mosely is another who slowed down and was never near in his peak when he was fast with power. Floyd can box and out point the bigger slower guys with KO power, but let’s see him fight more guys with a different fighting style, instead of these stiffs. Floyd style is made for fighters who can’t move or don’t possess any hand speed. Floyd has had many great fighters in his career in his weight class that were in their prime, but he dodged them all and that is a paper champion. His career will have a black mark because he avoided fighting Pacqaiao years ago.

canelo.

i mean u are sittig here ripping floyd for it, why dont u name me one fighter manny has faced that has speed and can move his feet? you gonna tell me bradly? LOL.

I mean they are both guilty of almost the same thing to be honest.. the real problem is not each hand picking their opponents - aside from marquez - no one can bang with either manny nor floyd.

Ledwaba...that was Manny's breakout fight on Oscar De La Hoya's undercard. He was known as a slick boxer, that could punch and on many experts P4P lists. Manny was a 2 week replacement in that fight and completely demolished Ledwaba. Most "fans" seem to forget about that fight. Only true boxing fans remember and give credit where credit is due.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

Paul Williams: "I guess Floyd won't fight me because I don't have a vag**a."

This was taken from an interview with Paul Williams on September 23, 2010.

Quote: "Paul is not old enough for Floyd to fight. Floyd likes to wait until a guy is old. Pacquiao is more gutsy than Floyd is," Peterson said.

I take offense to what Peterson said! Floyd don't wait until they are old only, he fights sometimes when the boxer is young, not considered their prime years also as the case with Canelo or Ortiz recently! Get them while they are still a little green, that's the ticket as well! It's sad that his career was shorten after the motorcycle accident because he was fierce in that ring.

http://www.examiner.com/article/paul-williams-floyd-mayweather-won-t-fight-me-as-i-don-t-have-a-vagina

Last edited by AJLakerFan on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
Quote:

ya think!??

LOL

iirc. It's been discussed here before as to whom else Pac could have fought in that timeframe and there were no viable names other than maybe Paul Williams but that was (literally) a stretch scenario and ended really quick with a Maravilla left.

He didn't duck him after the 2nd, there were bigger better fights for him that made more sense in every conceivable way. He didn't have to give him a 3rd and a 4th fight either but he sure did so any silly thought of ducking is null and void. btw marga. do some research and find out that JMM ducked out of the 2nd fight when Pac asked for an immediate rematch, that's why there was 4 years between fights 1 & 2. Go ahead, look it up. And now JMM has been acting pretty ducky to the press whenever asked about a 5th fight which he DEFINITELY OWE's Pac at this point for gifting him a 3rd & 4th opportunity.

I don't think it was a lucky punch but the way JMM has been acting towards a 5th fight makes me think that 'HE' may believe it was a lucky punch.

JMM followed him weight class after weight class, I know the history and at no point did JMM ever not want to fight Pac. Pac won the first one by a slim margin. After that every boxer and credible analysis gives JMM the nod for #2 and even more so number #3 and finally the debate ended with a sleeping pill. All this lucky punch crap reeks of sour grapes, he landed the same punch several times resulting in a knock down and nyquil. The only gifts were the ones the judges kept giving pac. JMM feels to win against him he has to knock him out or he's losing no matter what and he isn't any younger.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
Ben Vereen wrote:
Quote:

ya think!??

LOL

JMM followed him weight class after weight class, I know the history and at no point did JMM ever not want to fight Pac. Pac won the first one by a slim margin. After that every boxer and credible analysis gives JMM the nod for #2 and even more so number #3 and finally the debate ended with a sleeping pill. All this lucky punch crap reeks of sour grapes, he landed the same punch several times resulting in a knock down and nyquil. The only gifts were the ones the judges kept giving pac. JMM feels to win against him he has to knock him out or he's losing no matter what and he isn't any younger.

They're close to even. They are just made to go against each other.

But that knock out punch isn't something that I would expect to happen again. I don't call those punches lucky because it takes training and skill to deliver it. But it also necessitated Manny not being very cautious at the same time. It looked like Manny was being aggressive, and doing so opened him up.

If they fought again I expect Manny would win. But Marquez is solid and would have a decent chance himself. 53%-47% in favor of Pacquiao.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Quote:
They're close to even. They are just made to go against each other.

But that knock out punch isn't something that I would expect to happen again. I don't call those punches lucky because it takes training and skill to deliver it. But it also necessitated Manny not being very cautious at the same time. It looked like Manny was being aggressive, and doing so opened him up.

If they fought again I expect Manny would win. But Marquez is solid and would have a decent chance himself. 53%-47% in favor of Pacquiao.

Pacman and JMM are fighters who if they fought 10 times I give it 6 4 Manny.

The KO blow was definitely not luck, JMM had been setting it up from the first round. He hit Manny with it several times during the fight but it didn't land flush because Manny was ready for it.

In round six Manny thought he had JMM and went in for the kill, had a temporary fight plan lapse and it cost him. He forgot about the overhand right and ran right into it. Manny was out before hit bounced off the canvas.

I had him winning the round and the fight.

If they fight again I think Manny will win. What I've gleaned from interviews, sports pundits accounts and JMM himself, it's JMM that's not interested in fighting Manny again.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
I think most people would agree that Mayweather is favored in a fight with Pac...now or ever. But we'll never get to see it because Mayweather is a scared little ho.

I respect the argument.

I haven't read every post in the thread but does this fight not happening fall squarely on Floyd's shoes. I remember all the PED-test talk (to go along with the usual who would get what cut) from back in the day but I could never get a good read when listening to Rich Marrotta's "Neutral Corner" show ... so much posturing depending on which person close to the situation spoke.

I hate that this fight didn't materialize back then. And if Floyd is the reason for that, shame on him.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
JMM followed him weight class after weight class, I know the history and at no point did JMM ever not want to fight Pac. Pac won the first one by a slim margin.

He won that first fight. Got brutalized in the first 2 rounsd, .... came back, fought the 3rd even (if I'm remembering correctly) and pretty much shut Pacman out the remainder of the fight.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Black Salt wrote:
Regardless who would win, Duckweather got his reputation for a reason. He never fights anyone who is in their prime and would be able to challenge him.

EXCEPT when he took on the baddest 130-pounder (Diego Corrales) that was in the game, in his prime and picked him apart until Chico's corner threw in the towel after knockdown #5.

You mean Diego Corrales who feet was slow as hell who would pose no threat to Mayweather's defensive style by closing the gap and getting off a barrage of punches? His defensive style was taylor made against Corrales. He had some quick hands in close range fighting but overall hand speed wasn't spectacular. He also caught Diego pre prime years age 23 by boxing standards. Try again ! The first fight with Corrales vs. Castillo was a thing of legends on how he came back in that 10th round!! A tough fighter with heart is how I describe Diego. Is there anybody else you can bring up in Floyd's fight history?

Lol @ dismissing the ass beating Floyd gave Corrales. It was a classic beat down and tremendous boxing exhibition he put on Corrales, who had just walked through Angel Manfredy and who was killing everyone. Chico was 23 and Floyd was 24. Many experts picked a so-called non prime Corrales to win that fight and got worked.

Can't take that fight away from Floyd. Dude dropped Corrales five times.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Gameplan wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Triumph wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Quote:

There's not many guys out there with really great hand speed that's at the Floyd/Manny level. Zab Judah has tremendously quick hands and gave Floyd problems in the first couple rounds it we saw how that turned out.

Amir Khan has really fast hands. I knew they were fast but when my boy and I saw him live at the Sports Arena, we were like Damn. Other than Khan, I really see no one out there. Maybe Malignaggi but people would moan and complain about him picking someone with fast hands and who can box but with no power.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Gameplan wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Triumph wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Quote:

Canelo.

They talk about Floyd cherry picking. Dude "cherry picked" the best 154 in the world after experts and fans begged Floyd to fight Alvarez. If he wins, Canelo is a stiff, inexperienced and a can. If he loses, see what happens when Floyd actually fights some real competition? People begged for this fight. And the funny thing people fail to bring up, Floyd is 37. Dude is nowhere near his prime and working fools.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Canelo is not a can. He's a great you8ng talent brought up very quickly and whose lack of skills and experience render his athletic abilities moot against a great defensive fighter. It's like young Shaq going against Hakeem vs the Shaq who won 3 straight titles. Hakeem worked a man child who was still a pup and didn't know how to play a guy like hakeem. Same with Floyd and Canelo.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Arum says if the public wants to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather they should not buy tickets for the Mayweather vs Maidana bout. It's to late Uncle Bob. Mannys last fight the gate was around 8 million, Mayweather vs Maidana has already sold 14 million.

I wonder what the PPV is going to be. Does anyone know how much Mayweather is guaranteed for his fight with Maidana?

Side note: Some of you posters should learn to shorten your links, they're stretching the pages. Maybe the mods can come up with a tutorial.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Gameplan wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Triumph wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Quote:

canelo.

Ledwaba...that was Manny's breakout fight on Oscar De La Hoya's undercard. He was known as a slick boxer, that could punch and on many experts P4P lists. Manny was a 2 week replacement in that fight and completely demolished Ledwaba. Most "fans" seem to forget about that fight. Only true boxing fans remember and give credit where credit is due.

Ledwaba was going to be HBOs new hype machine. Dude was nice but Manny got in his ass. Lampley, Foreman and Merchant could barely pronounce Manny's name.

Beautiful performance by Manny.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
C M B wrote:

I respect the argument.

I haven't read every post in the thread but does this fight not happening fall squarely on Floyd's shoes. I remember all the PED-test talk (to go along with the usual who would get what cut) from back in the day but I could never get a good read when listening to Rich Marrotta's "Neutral Corner" show ... so much posturing depending on which person close to the situation spoke.

I hate that this fight didn't materialize back then. And if Floyd is the reason for that, shame on him.

I think a huge chunk of it will be at Floyd's feet. You can't say take the test and when they decide to take the test, it's you get no PPV and when it's decided that you won't take that 40 million ( which looks like Manny should have ), it's i won't do business with Arum. Dude is all over the board in that regard.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Arum says if the public wants to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather they should not buy tickets for the Mayweather vs Maidana bout. It's to late Uncle Bob. Mannys last fight the gate was around 8 million, Mayweather vs Maidana has already sold 14 million.

I wonder what the PPV is going to be. Does anyone know how much Mayweather is guaranteed for his fight with Maidana?

Side note: Some of you posters should learn to shorten your links, they're stretching the pages. Maybe the mods can come up with a tutorial.

Of course he wants that boycott. The numbers that a mega PPV card should command, Manny's not getting. His purse was 20 but getting chunks at a time. Could be advances, could be Top Rank. Arum went from being up there with Don King to losing a lot of potential good fighters.

There's a reason why people are jumping to Al Haymon. They see Floyd with big checks. Long as Schaffer and Oscar don't screw it up, they should be straight.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Black Salt wrote:

Lol @ dismissing the ass beating Floyd gave Corrales. It was a classic beat down and tremendous boxing exhibition he put on Corrales, who had just walked through Angel Manfredy and who was killing everyone. Chico was 23 and Floyd was 24. Many experts picked a so-called non prime Corrales to win that fight and got worked.

Can't take that fight away from Floyd. Dude dropped Corrales five times.

I get your point.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Canelo is not a can. He's a great you8ng talent brought up very quickly and whose lack of skills and experience render his athletic abilities moot against a great defensive fighter. It's like young Shaq going against Hakeem vs the Shaq who won 3 straight titles. Hakeem worked a man child who was still a pup and didn't know how to play a guy like hakeem. Same with Floyd and Canelo.

Solid comparison.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: