Lamar Odom to sign with Knicks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
Lamar might not play, but he could be useful when it comes to basketball practice and helping the younger guys develop their game. highly risky, but Phil and Lamar must have some kind of understanding. I mean, Lamar was great guy when Phil was leading the Lakers, one could assume Phil has an influence on Lamar and may keep him check?

hope lamar recovers!
there are two coaches LO has gone all out for. thats Pat Riley and Phil. if anyone can get him in line before he officially retires its one of these two. he respects these guys.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

LINK

According to this article the signing of Lamar is a done deal.
Quote:
According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, the Knicks have officially agreed to a deal with
Odom. Begley also reports the Knicks have a team option on Odom, which is why they signed him on the last day of the season.
Quote:
There have reports that he could hire Derek Fisher in a front office role or even make Stever Kerr the next head coach.

IMO Phil has never been a FO person. IIRC he didn't want Kobe. If he makes the moves the rumors suggest, I see the Knicks having another terrible year and Carmelo leaving.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

Quote:
According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, the Knicks have officially agreed to a deal with
Odom. Begley also reports the Knicks have a team option on Odom, which is why they signed him on the last day of the season.
Quote:
There have reports that he could hire Derek Fisher in a front office role or even make Stever Kerr the next head coach.

IMO Phil has never been a FO person. IIRC he didn't want Kobe. If he makes the moves the rumors suggest, I see the Knicks having another terrible year and Carmelo leaving.

The Knicks don't even have a draft pick this year....they are in a much worse position than the Lakers. I don't see that team improving unless they find some sucker to take the players on their roster. The Phil move was as much of a PR move for Dolan because it gets the fans off his back for a couple of years.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Quote:
Quote:

The Knicks don't even have a draft pick this year....they are in a much worse position than the Lakers. I don't see that team improving unless they find some sucker to take the players on their roster. The Phil move was as much of a PR move for Dolan because it gets the fans off his back for a couple of years.

This is similar of what Joe Taub did to John Calipari. He wanted to sell the franchise so he brought Calipari in as a PR move.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

I love it. LO deserves a last shot, in NY, with Phil by his side. Should have been in LA. Good for you, LO.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
I love it. LO deserves a last shot, in NY, with Phil by his side. Should have been in LA. Good for you, LO.

He'll get to finish his career at home, Queensbridge. Meta will probaby be at every game.

It doesn't take Wikipedia long. They already have him playing in New York.

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

He's done.

But I'm happy he has a job.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: