Couple reunited with lost wedding ring thanks to tv show "Friends"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Couple reunited with lost wedding ring thanks to tv show "Friends"

What an interesting story clearly the kid's name will either be Ross or Rachel
maybe Phoebe since she came up with the Lobster thing

http://www.keyt.com/news/lost-wedding-ring-found-after-two-years/25483438

Quote:
Lost Wedding Ring Found After Two Years

Ojai Couple Gets Ring Back After Goleta Woman Finds It On Beach

Lost Wedding Ring Found After Two Years

An Ojai couple was reunited with a wedding ring that was lost at Ellwood Beach two years ago.

On Saturday, Sarah and Greg Lindsay met the woman who found something very special to them.

Jenn Birchim was at the beach in Goleta with her family. She bent down to pick up what she thought was a bottle cap but that piece of trash turned out to be a piece of jewelry.

Two years ago, the couple was at the beach when Greg's ring slipped off his finger and fell into the water as he was playing football. He didn't realized until later that it was missing.

"I thought it was somewhere in the Pacific. There's no way, I thought after losing it, there's no way it would come back on shore," he said.

As Birchim inspected the ring, she saw something unique.

"I was looking at it and read the inscription, I was like, 'My Love, My Life, My Lobster?' And in my mind I was like, a lobster fisherman," she recalled.

Greg isn't a lobster fisherman but the name does have a special meaning for him.

"One of the episodes (of Friends) was where they talk about Ross and Rachel being each other's lobsters and I looked at her and said, 'Hey you're going to be my lobster.' And that's why she had it inscripted in there," he said.

Birchim wanted to find the ring's owner and posted a picture of it on Facebook. Thousands of people shared the link, including Sarah Lindsay's co-worker who told her the story.

"She read everything that you had posted and I was like, 'That's my ring! It's my husbands ring!' She showed it to me and sure enough, it was the ring," she said.

It took just four days for Birchim to find the Lindsays.

"Totally resorted my faith in humanity. I was like wow, there are still honest good people out here like Jenn, to be able to do the right thing. So it was pretty cool," said Greg.

It turns out, the ring didn't make it that far over the past two years and now the ring is back where it belongs.

The Lindsays are expecting a child in August and they said they are glad to have part of their past back as they start a new part of their lives.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: