6th Pick vs Irving
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kyle VS 6 pick
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 101 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 144

samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: 6th Pick vs Irving

Would you trade the 6 pick for Kyle Irving's if Cleveland is willing to do it?
Rumers that Cleveland might move Kyle this year.

I think it's a move the lakers should consider.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

1000% Irving.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

No thanks. I can't imagine Irving and MDA working, especially with Kobe whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

!...
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

One of the few trades I'd consider in exchange for our pick, due to Irving's cap figure of $7.46M. That said, the benefit of that would only last for a year, as Irving's cap hold is $14.91M next summer.

If LeBron, Wade, Bosh, & Anthony all opt in, you most certainly hold onto the pick. Why? Because that means that 2015 FA will look like this...

-LeBron James
-Carmelo Anthony
-Kevin Love
-Dwyane Wade
-LaMarcus Aldridge
-Marc Gasol
-Chris Bosh
-DeAndre Jordan
-Roy Hibbert
-Brook Lopez

That's a buyer's market right there. We can go into the '15-16 season with a very, very good player AND our pick.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

If Parker doesn't declare, 6th would be where picking a 2nd tier prospect would begin. I'd definitely trade that for Kyrie. Unlike Love, Kyrie wouldn't be able to leave after next season.

I read that the Kyrie stuff that came out yesterday was BS. Kyrie went to twitter and shot everything down and called the media out for making up garbage.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
One of the few trades I'd consider in exchange for our pick, due to Irving's cap figure of $7.46M. That said, the benefit of that would only last for a year, as Irving's cap hold is $14.91M next summer.

If LeBron, Wade, Bosh, & Anthony all opt in, you most certainly hold onto the pick. Why? Because that means that 2015 FA will look like this...

-LeBron James
-Carmelo Anthony
-Kevin Love
-Dwyane Wade
-LaMarcus Aldridge
-Marc Gasol
-Chris Bosh
-DeAndre Jordan
-Roy Hibbert
-Brook Lopez

That's a buyer's market right there. We can go into the '15-16 season with a very, very good player AND our pick.

2003 draft redux.

!...
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

I would absolutely take Kyrie
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

Kyle Irving
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade the pick for Irving he's overrated imo. He's injury prone and is a bad defender. His game doesn't translates to wins and he's shown that he's not a good leader. I would rather have Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Smart, Exum, Randle, and Gordon over Irving. I think all of those players games will translate to more wins in the NBA then what Irving is with the Cavs.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Isn't Kyrie's cap hold worth his QO? 9.2 or something like that? 24 broke it down when we had a thread about this.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Isn't Kyrie's cap hold worth his QO? 9.2 or something like that? 24 broke it down when we had a thread about this.

No. The cap hold for a player coming off of the 4th year of his rookie contract is 200% of his previous salary.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q38
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

Anyway, I would trade the pick and go after Carmelo this offseason. Irving/Kobe/Carmelo make us instand contenders imo.
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
No thanks. I can't imagine Irving and MDA working, especially with Kobe whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Why would it matter how MDA and Irving work together? Next season would be DAntoni's last and they're not going to be competitive anyway.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Anyway, I would trade the pick and go after Carmelo this offseason. Irving/Kobe/Carmelo make us instand contenders imo.
That would be one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Having 3 of your best players being your worst 3 defenders isn't going to make us contenders. In order for the Lakers to contend, we need more two way players.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
dao wrote:
That would be one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Having 3 of your best players being your worst 3 defenders isn't going to make us contenders. In order for the Lakers to contend, we need more two way players.

Then you pick up guys from free agency.

And it isn't like Kyrie and Melo don't have the physical tools to play defense. Melo for short periods of time can defend.

But you have arguably the most skilled scorer at PG, SG, and SF and you don't think that team is a contender? Add a defensive big or two, a couple of wing defenders. They don't even need to be able to create for themselves because of the attention any one of the three can attract.

Point is irrelevant though because no one in their right mind will trade Irvine for the 6th pick.

Jrue Holiday warranted two lottery picks. Irving will warrant just as much. If not more.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I wouldn't trade the pick for Irving he's overrated imo. He's injury prone and is a bad defender. His game doesn't translates to wins and he's shown that he's not a good leader. I would rather have Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Smart, Exum, Randle, and Gordon over Irving. I think all of those players games will translate to more wins in the NBA then what Irving is with the Cavs.
lol at taking Gordon and Smart over Irving. Especially Gordon. Kyrie averages 21/6.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
dao wrote:
Carmelo is not a bad defender. And I think Irving could be a good defender if he were in a better environment.

But the offense of Irving/Kobe/Carmelo would be incredible. I'm not saying we'd win the championship, but we'd be contenders.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lol at taking Gordon and Smart over Irving. Especially Gordon. Kyrie averages 21/6.
Kyrie is shooting 43% and avg 6 assist is not good for a pg, he's also a bad defensive player. Both Smart and Gordon are great defensive players and can do more to help teams win. I think Kyrie is the most overrated all star in the league. A better version of Marbury, not a player you want to build your team around.
Megatron24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
dao wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Kyrie is shooting 43% and avg 6 assist is not good for a pg, he's also a bad defensive player. Both Smart and Gordon are great defensive players and can do more to help teams win. I think Kyrie is the most overrated all star in the league. A better version of Marbury, not a player you want to build your team around.

No just no. Wrong on all aspects of your post. Go watch some basketball please.
chazzz3dt_AB17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

The whole dynamic with Kobe and MDA is a disaster. And knowing that it might continue for yet another year is sickening.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

PG.irving / baze
SG.kobe / henry
SF.wesley / melo
PF.carmelo / hill
C.Okafor /sacre

w a defensive coach like thibs the bulls r defending really good w

Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy
D.J. Augustin

getting alot of mins

Last edited by watchME on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:

Melo plays defense when he wants to but he does have the physical tools to do so and he can rebound. Irving doesn't, he's not quick like CP3, or any other the top defensive pg's and he's frail. Irving has handles and can shoot 3's, he's not really good at anything else. Drajic and Bledsoe put up better numbers and had better impact on their team because they play on both ends of the court. The only reason they didn't make the all star team is because fans vote and the west is loaded. If he was in the west and the coaches had voted, Irving wouldn't have made it. Wall is the best pg in the east. Irving fits the all star game because it's all jumpers and no defense.
chazzz3dt_AB17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
PG.irving / baze
SG.kobe / henry
SF.wesley / melo
PF.carmelo / hill
C.Okafor /sacre

Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy
D.J. Augustin

getting alot of mins

You win NOTHING with those two as your bigs. And Baze is a PG?
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

chazzz3dt_AB17 wrote:
watchME wrote:
PG.irving / baze
SG.kobe / henry
SF.wesley / melo
PF.carmelo / hill
C.Okafor /sacre

Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy
D.J. Augustin

getting alot of mins

You win NOTHING with those two as your bigs. And Baze is a PG?

miami won w bosh and battier...was fisher a PG?
chazzz3dt_AB17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

That's Bosh and Battier not Okafor and Bob. Fish wasn't handling the ball predominantly when he was here c'mon man.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15
Jump to: