Mitch Kupchak: Trading lottery pick a "possiblity"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Well then I guess offensively you could argue him at the 5 instead of the 4, but defensively he is not an anchor by any means. I don't know about the stats but I've watched him play a lot of games the past few seasons. Defensively he is a power forward. And if you play another good center like Embiid next to him, you can outrebound the opponent, which is how we've always won. Which is how you can beat ANY team. It's a recipe for success when done right.

http://www.82games.com/1314/13DET14.HTM

Per 48 minutes he gives up 24 ppg at the pf position; 19 ppg at center. So he is really not better defensively at pf.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

Hmmmm .... trading the Lotto Pick for ...

Kyrie Irving (next yr $7.5M and qualifying after at $9.7M) AND Anderson Verajao @ $9.8M (have the Cavs exercise team option and he's a salary cap holder for 2015).

If Pau is willing to sign a team friendly $10M deal, you could have the following:

PF - Pau
F - Kobe
C - Verajao
G - Meeks or Nick Young
PG - Irving

Then is 2015, Lakers will have Kobe and Irving as the nucleus. Go after Kevin Love and try to retain Verajao.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Kyrie Irving (next yr $7.5M and qualifying after at $9.7M) AND Anderson Verajao @ $9.8M (have the Cavs exercise team option and he's a salary cap holder for 2015).

If Pau is willing to sign a team friendly $10M deal, you could have the following:

PF - Pau
F - Kobe
C - Verajao
G - Meeks or Nick Young
PG - Irving

Then is 2015, Lakers will have Kobe and Irving as the nucleus. Go after Kevin Love and try to retain Verajao.

That may be the most injury riddled team in nba history.
thetruthteller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
to me other then what embiid (healthy) could be. monroe is the perfect new age center. he has a lot of low post game, has a little jumper. and is VERY athletic, while also a solid defender. he runs the floor very well. so this means he can fit an uptempo spread the floor, pick n roll system(mda/and a lot of the nba today) or even then old school way to play, inside out. he can do both.

while also being a solid anchor on defense.

he's worth the money. but i would rather not pay to much since we need some cash for a few others. lol.so maybe we wait for him in 15.

Monroe is not very athletic.

He is not a solid anchor on defense.

He is not a center.

If you play him at his natural position - power forward - he is decent enough on the defensive end. At center, he is terrible on defense. Pau-esque.

On offense, he is not very athletic. But he has legit post skills, counter moves, can put the ball on the floor and has a nice mid range J. Top 3 passing big in the league. Also goes after defensive and offensive rebounds. Right now he is 16/9 and he has the potential to be 20/10 with 3 assists.

But he is NOT a center. He is definitely NOT an anchor. He needs to play with someone like Embiid.

So if your plan is to get him to play him as center, then that is not the plan we should pursue.

Monroe can be really good for us, he is only 23 and he can be a 20/10 guy. But you must not play him at center!

Quote:
Position: Center and Power Forward ▪ Shoots: Left
Height: 6-11 ▪ Weight: 253 lbs.

any guy thats 6-11, 253 pounds can play either center or PF.

sure he is a natural PF because he's very mobile. and yes he is athletic. he not ibaka athletic. but who is besides blake griffin and dwight.lol.

but he's more athletic then say hibbert, a healthy drew(Post 2 knee injuries), and a lot of centers/pfs. he's more athletic then milsap. but yet he grinds like milsap. which is why i like monroe so much.

and yes he is an anchor if you use him properly. dont confuse anchor with "weakside shot blocker" two different things.

ibaka is not an anchor. he's a weakside shot blocker. KG was an anchor because he was mobile enough to shut down the pick n roll/pop where most teams try to abuse the bigs lack of foot speed on those plays. in addition because KG could guard his own man and slow him down while also sending a few shots back if you walk into the paint.

monroe on a REAL team. not a fake team like the pistons. would easily be an anchor. you get monroe and thibs together.. OH BOY.

I'm sorry but when I see Monroe run, he reminds me of the " Tin Man " running from " The Wizard of Oz " And in his times at the pre-draft combine, his Athletic testing numbers were among the worst for every player over 6ft, 7. His agility time was like 12.10 seconds...which is horrible, and means his lateral quickness is nil and void. And his Max vertical was like 28 inches.

I would rather pay a lot LESS, and have the Lakers try and make a run at Washington Wizard free agent to be, Marcin Gortat. He is TRULY very Athletic, and knows how to use his size Inside at Center.

But Monroe is NOT Mobile at all. And is Not very Athletic. That is not his game.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

PF - Pau
F - Kobe
C - Verajao
G - Meeks or Nick Young
PG - Irving

uhh NO. thats not winning any rings, ever. even with love.

verajo isnt getting any younger. sure he has decent defense. but its not lock down defense. so one more year gasol is even old. so non defending gasol, non defending love. suspect defense in irving. old man non defending kobe. NO. not winning a darn thing with that all O and nO defense team.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

Would anyone accept the lottery pick going to the Rockets, for Parsons/Lin or would that not work?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Would anyone accept the lottery pick going to the Rockets, for Parsons/Lin or would that not work?

I wouldn't do it unless the pick is 9th (assuming Cauley-Stein goes 8th).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I wouldn't do it unless the pick is 9th (assuming Cauley-Stein goes 8th).

I thought Cauley stein is staying in school?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
I'm open to trading the pick if we can include Nash in the deal. Getting Nash off the books could set us up to be a very good team next year, especially if we say get Love back, we could sign Stephenson and still have 7-8 mil left plus the room exception.

So we give up 3 first round picks for Nash, one of them a lottery pick?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

The, only team I see accepting Nash in the deal is NY.... they need a leader on that team, and the Felton experience has been a disaster.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

Try to convince Melo to sign with us and s&t Pau + pick for K. Love. Make a run these next 2 years
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

PF - Pau
F - Kobe
C - Verajao
G - Meeks or Nick Young
PG - Irving

uhh NO. thats not winning any rings, ever. even with love.

verajo isnt getting any younger. sure he has decent defense. but its not lock down defense. so one more year gasol is even old. so non defending gasol, non defending love. suspect defense in irving. old man non defending kobe. NO. not winning a darn thing with that all O and nO defense team.

Who said anything about winning rings next year?

I'm talking about putting together a competitive team next year and then in 2015 you have the luxury of building on a tandem of Kyrie & Love into the future. With luxury cap space of adding a guy like Durant or possibly Westbrook in 2017.
#Avatar-gate
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

Nash + Lottery pick to Magic, for Nikola Vucevic and Jameer Nelson.... I could see a similar trade going down like that on draft night.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

I hope you woke up after that trade went down in what was clearly a dream.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
I hope you woke up after that trade went down in what was clearly a dream.

I just, hope I see MDA teaching defense in my dream... clearly that's the only way we see him do it unfortunately.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Nash + Lottery pick to Magic, for Nikola Vucevic and Jameer Nelson.... I could see a similar trade going down like that on draft night.

Why would the Magic do that?
#Avatar-gate
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

Lol touche.

While, I am leaning towards agreeing with people on the defense front.. I'd really, really like to see what Mike D'Antoni can do with a front line who can actually defend. Pau Gasol and Chris Kaman are stiffs.

Don't give me New York lol. Carmelo and Amare are not defenders. Plus, they weren't giving up 110 points every game.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Why would the Magic do that?

If they value a certain player, the Lakers pick and the Lakers think that player isn't a long-term solution I can see it happening, like I said I did not say that trade will happen or should... I just said that a trade like that could go down.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Lol touche.

While, I am leaning towards agreeing with people on the defense front.. I'd really, really like to see what Mike D'Antoni can do with a front line who can actually defend. Pau Gasol and Chris Kaman are stiffs.

Don't give me New York lol. Carmelo and Amare are not defenders. Plus, they weren't giving up 110 points every game.

Tom Thibs turns players like Nate Robinson and Carlos Boozer into defenders. Why can't D'Antoni?
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I see where you're going.. but I'm not sure Nate Robinson was 'turned into' a defensive player. I believe it would have more to do with Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson more than anything.

I get what you're saying though.
purplehaze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

aaahhh no thanks
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

LINK Who do you think will take Nash's contract and bad back. I don't think the Lakers can give him away.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Reilec142002
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Jesus. Hell no.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Trade w/ the Magic is awful and just not even worth it at all.
thetruthteller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

You think if the sixers get the 2nd pick, and Wiggins is gone, that they would deal to us their pick at 10 and Nerlens Noel for our pick, and Nash's final year deal ? That way they can draft Embiid at 2, and still address a key need at 6 ? We get a Legit Rim protecting Center who will be ready to go come next season, and the 10th selection ?

How does that work ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: