Mitch Kupchak: Trading lottery pick a "possiblity"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

thetruthteller wrote:
You think if the sixers get the 2nd pick, and Wiggins is gone, that they would deal to us their pick at 10 and Nerlens Noel for our pick, and Nash's final year deal ? That way they can draft Embiid at 2, and still address a key need at 6 ? We get a Legit Rim protecting Center who will be ready to go come next season, and the 10th selection ?

How does that work ?

It doesn't, because Embiid>>Noels and they don't exactly have salary they need to shed so they won't want Nash's expiring anyways.
history2b
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Lol
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

TheElectronica wrote:
thetruthteller wrote:
You think if the sixers get the 2nd pick, and Wiggins is gone, that they would deal to us their pick at 10 and Nerlens Noel for our pick, and Nash's final year deal ? That way they can draft Embiid at 2, and still address a key need at 6 ? We get a Legit Rim protecting Center who will be ready to go come next season, and the 10th selection ?

How does that work ?

It doesn't, because Embiid>>Noels and they don't exactly have salary they need to shed so they won't want Nash's expiring anyways.

He's saying that they draft Embiid to replace Noel. They then trade Noel and their 10th pick for our 6th pick and Nash.

Not sure the 6th pick is worth that, but they would definitely have a problem with both Embiid and Noel on the team, but that's only if Noel doesn't develop a jump shot. They may be willing roll the dice on that.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lebron or Anthony Davis. Otherwise I would pass.

I agree, Davis in 17' has been a "dream" of mine, but to get him now would be something. But for Kobe? that stings. I would add in Durant on that very short list. But for Kobe...
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Would anyone accept the lottery pick going to the Rockets, for Parsons/Lin or would that not work?

I wouldn't do it unless the pick is 9th (assuming Cauley-Stein goes 8th).

I thought Cauley stein is staying in school?

Yup, staying in school...
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:

thetruthteller wrote:

How does that work ?

How well "will" Noel recover? On what level? If he does, I would deal the 6th pick to bring in Noel and the 10th pick. But does Philly do this? Yikes!
thetruthteller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
thetruthteller wrote:

How does that work ?

How well "will" Noel recover? On what level? If he does, I would deal the 6th pick to bring in Noel and the 10th pick. But does Philly do this? Yikes!

Well from what I have read, Philly wants Wiggins bad. But I hear maybe that they are not so sold on Parker. So if they miss out on Wiggins, then that makes Embiid the best pure value. Now Noel has the athleticism to definitely play PF. But, is his offense good enough to play there with the limited offense from Embiid ? I don't think so. But, combine a Embiid with a true ready to play down in the paint PF like Randle, and maybe they are Interested.

And at 6...Randle could be there. But at 10 ?...for get it. Not a chance. Only problem is that another team, like say Boston would also jump at that deal. They would love to get Noel. He's a Boston Home boy. And the Athletic Defensive & Rebounding Center they need.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject:

DipNGold wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

exactly I hope kupchak doesn't make rush move to get kobe to the playoffs and ruin our future.

i don't see anybody in this draft that would do much for our future regardless.....
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Yah let's pick between two guys who won't be available....

It's gonna be Love or Melo if we nab a star...not because they are the most ideal players but because they are the ones that could be available.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
DipNGold wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

exactly I hope kupchak doesn't make rush move to get kobe to the playoffs and ruin our future.

i don't see anybody in this draft that would do much for our future regardless.....

definetely not at #6 and up. get one of the top 5 prospects or bust (trade it).
fans need to get over, just the lust of a draft pick.
look, w/ the prospects outside the top 5 ; its a toss up if your guna draft a bust or a player who has the potential to develop into a 15ppg guy - thats the realistic ceiling for the prospects at 6+ -- and that , is not a chance you should care to take. trade the pick if its at #6 or higher - trade it for a 15ppg player right now on a good contract - no guarantee #6 + pick turns into a 15ppg player. even less of a guarantee that the pick is a real steal value on his rookie contract ,it'll take 3-4 years for the player to be half way decent - for you "rookie contract" people
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It's gonna be Love or Melo if we nab a star...not because they are the most ideal players but because they are the ones that could be available.

True. Maybe keeping the pick could be a good idea depending who's on the board. We "could" get a nice player at a low price for years to come.

On the flip side; Love is a nice player we could try to go after next year if he becomes available and Melo is a gunner we should shy way from. To Melo's credit he's a scorer, but on the down; does not make anyone better on the team..

Today, I'd keep the pick...
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

The problem right now with trading the pick for Kevin Love is that we won't have any money left to offer LeBron James a max contract. Even if we were able to trade Nash, Sacre and the pick for Love, that would only give us about 18.8 million left to sign Lebron. That falls short of the 20.25 million that Lebron will command for the first year of his deal. We would be better off going after Kyrie since he is a lot cheaper. However, I'm all for trading for Love of we are unable to sign Lebron.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
The problem right now with trading the pick for Kevin Love is that we won't have any money left to offer LeBron James a max contract. Even if we were able to trade Nash, Sacre and the pick for Love, that would only give us about 18.8 million left to sign Lebron. That falls short of the 20.25 million that Lebron will command for the first year of his deal. We would be better off going after Kyrie since he is a lot cheaper. However, I'm all for trading for Love of we are unable to sign Lebron.

In that scenario you sign LBJ first.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Ok, It think i see what you are saying. Once we signed, LBJ we would still be under the cap and we could then turn around and trade Nash (9.7 million), Sacre (915,000) and let's say Randle (2.6 million?) for Love, since we we be under trade rules. My question is does the fact that we would be over the cap AFTER the trade affect the trade at all? We basically would be picking for Minnesota in either t scenario I think.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

Kobe and Lebron on the same team? Don't see it. Each wants to be the head, not the tail. To Wade's credit, as much as I dislike the kid, he stepped aside to Lebron...that's not going to happen with Kobe and IMO. & Lebron would not sign up for the drama time with the Mamba...
Reilec142002
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

And completely avoid Kyrie.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

HA! Don't matter if we avoid Kyrie or not, i don't see a scenario that affords us the chance to sign him or LBJ
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Hmmmm .... trading the Lotto Pick for ...

Kyrie Irving (next yr $7.5M and qualifying after at $9.7M) AND Anderson Verajao @ $9.8M (have the Cavs exercise team option and he's a salary cap holder for 2015).

If Pau is willing to sign a team friendly $10M deal, you could have the following:

PF - Pau
F - Kobe
C - Verajao
G - Meeks or Nick Young
PG - Irving

Then is 2015, Lakers will have Kobe and Irving as the nucleus. Go after Kevin Love and try to retain Verajao.

That may be the most injury riddled team in nba history.

And as dumb as I think Cleveland's FO is, they aren't that dumb.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

thetruthteller wrote:

How does that work ?

Or if we are just giving away our pick for injured players, we could offer it to Indy for Bynum?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

And if both will be available in free agency, wouldn't you agree that trading a lottery pick for them would be stupid?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
DipNGold wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

definetely not at #6 and up. get one of the top 5 prospects or bust (trade it).
fans need to get over, just the lust of a draft pick.
look, w/ the prospects outside the top 5 ; its a toss up if your guna draft a bust or a player who has the potential to develop into a 15ppg guy - thats the realistic ceiling for the prospects at 6+ -- and that , is not a chance you should care to take. trade the pick if its at #6 or higher - trade it for a 15ppg player right now on a good contract - no guarantee #6 + pick turns into a 15ppg player. even less of a guarantee that the pick is a real steal value on his rookie contract ,it'll take 3-4 years for the player to be half way decent - for you "rookie contract" people

I guess that if you as a FO have little faith in your abilities to find a long term starter on a rookie contract in a deep draft, then trading for an established player would be the best idea. However, the Lakers have had success with the lottery-range players they have drafted, so my guess is that someone will have to knock their socks off to get them to trade the pick. That 15 ppg player on a cheap contract for the next 7 seasons will be available when the Lakers draft.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
HA! Don't matter if we avoid Kyrie or not, i don't see a scenario that affords us the chance to sign him or LBJ

Keep the pick and if Lebron opts out, we have the chance to sign him.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Nash + Lottery pick to Magic, for Nikola Vucevic and Jameer Nelson.... I could see a similar trade going down like that on draft night.

Dude, you need to lay off the trade ideas.. This is just horrible.
thetruthteller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
thetruthteller wrote:

How does that work ?

Or if we are just giving away our pick for injured players, we could offer it to Indy for Bynum?

((EDIT - LET'S STOP WITH THE INSULTS, PLEASE- JMK)) I mean Noel is not Injured....or have you not heard the news. Also, ACL injuries, the persons knee gets actually STRONGER after surgery. Nerlens is a 237Lb Athletic freak. I saw a report last week that showed him on the court, and he did a live on the air vertical leap of 29 inches. And that at 7ft tall.

Comparing him to Bynum, who had 9 surgeries before he was ever drafted, and was diagnosed with Degenerative knee issues is just as stupid as it gets.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Would, anyone be interested in swapping the pick for Monroe? the Pistons having 2 lottery picks could force them to do it.

The lakers should try to get Monroe in free agency. The pick should be in play but the lakers should really try to build a young team as opposed to buying a team. Monroe is a good start.

I can't say this enough, forget Kobe. Build the team like Kobe is a bad contract we are waiting to come off of the books. Nash and Kobe collecting 35 mill next year should make them shut up and be happy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: