Hypothetical would you deal #6 for.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Hypothetical would you deal #6 for.....

A Suns package of
2015 Lakers 1st

If I was the Lakers I think I'd do this.

You'd likely be getting something like
Tyler Ennis at #14
Adreian Payne at #17
Jordan Adams at #27

plus insurance having next seasons first back, or even the ability to trade that first next season down the road.

Thoughts?

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

suns wouldn't do it
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
suns wouldn't do it

The Suns would be crazy not to do it. The Lakers would be crazy to do it.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
suns wouldn't do it

The key to me is the pick next year. You do this trade if you plan on tanking 2015. If you do, you got 3 rookies and a top 5 pick next year.

James Young at #14
Kyle Anderson #17
Shabazz Napier #27

I'd be ok watching:

Shabazz
Young
Kobe
Anderson
Whoever

Next year. At least we'd have some young talent.
stianolini
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
suns wouldn't do it

The key to me is the pick next year. You do this trade if you plan on tanking 2015. If you do, you got 3 rookies and a top 5 pick next year.

James Young at #14
Kyle Anderson #17
Shabazz Napier #27

I'd be ok watching:

Shabazz
Young
Kobe
Anderson
Whoever

Yeah, but outside of Kobe young talent would be the ONLY thing we would have with that roster. Kobe would rip the hair he doesn't have out!
thetruthteller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject:

No way the Suns add in the 2015 1st. That is too much. But, if the Suns truly thought there was that one special player at 6, then they could swap all 3 of their 1st rounders in this draft. I mean the Indy pick ?...Hell, the Suns might trade that away anyways for either a future 1st, or two 2nd rounders in this draft that are not guaranteed contracts. So really it comes down to swapping 6 for 14. And for moving up those 8 spots, Phoenix gives 17 and 28.

That seems like it's possible. But no way do they add in the Lakers 2015 Top-5 protected 1st.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject:

Trades like that are tempting.

Rodney Hood
Jeremi Grant/Adreian Payne
Deonte Burton

Solidifies cap room too.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

stianolini wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
suns wouldn't do it

James Young at #14
Kyle Anderson #17
Shabazz Napier #27

I'd be ok watching:

Shabazz
Young
Kobe
Anderson
Whoever

Yeah, but outside of Kobe young talent would be the ONLY thing we would have with that roster. Kobe would rip the hair he doesn't have out!

He'd be ok if we also signed Melo
atlas1015
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: how about trade current draft pick + nash for top 3 pick

I will admit I want the lakers to pick either exum, wiggins or parker. With that in mind, and I am not sure this is possible but what if we could trade away nash plus the pick which most likely will be pick #6 for a top 3 pick? The team that takes nash on can then release him and use the Stretch Provision on him. I am not sure if another team can use the Stretch Provision on nash but I am hopeful they can. So basically our #6 pick and cap relief for a top 3 pick...maybe the lakers can make this trade scenario sweeter but i am not sure how you can make this trade better.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: how about trade current draft pick + nash for top 3 pick

atlas1015 wrote:
I will admit I want the lakers to pick either exum, wiggins or parker. With that in mind, and I am not sure this is possible but what if we could trade away nash plus the pick which most likely will be pick #6 for a top 3 pick? The team that takes nash on can then release him and use the Stretch Provision on him. I am not sure if another team can use the Stretch Provision on nash but I am hopeful they can. So basically our #6 pick and cap relief for a top 3 pick...maybe the lakers can make this trade scenario sweeter but i am not sure how you can make this trade better.

What are you smoking?

Someone is going to let the Lakers MOVE up when throwing in Nash?

I'll tell you probably what you could do as the Lakers if you want to dump Nash... assuming the Lotto doesn't have any big surprises....

Philly would probably trade #10 (from New Orleans) for #6 and Nash. They have no need for their cap at the moment. That's probably what you're looking at if you want to dump Nash... best offer. No way you'd move up.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject:

What if by magic they get the number 1 postion would they still trade it?
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

Cup-of-noodles wrote:
What if by magic they get the number 1 postion would they still trade it?

Honestly, beside the Lakers moving up into the top 3... Orlando moving up might be the best thing that could happen for the Lakers.

All mocks have them drafting Exum at 3. Seeing they are the only other team he's likely to work out with... if he passes them... He could plausibly fall to the Lakers.

Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject:

Orlando is still laughing at us about the D12 trade.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I would be shocked if Phoenix used all three of their picks. There is no way Phoenix gives us back our 2015 pick given that it will probably be a lottery pick. The Lakers have to consider acquiring talent while maintaining a terrible team at least through next year. If we are going to be bad, be bad enough to get a top 5 pick that we will not have to fork over to Phoenix. The year to make moves to be good again is 2016 when the pick will be totally unprotected.

In other words, I would much rather give Phoenix a 16th pick as opposed to a 6th pick.

As for this years draft, Phoenix has picks that could be had. I would not give up my lotter pick for them though. Given the state of the Lakers, we could potentially draft a star with #6 or better as opposed to role players.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
I would be shocked if Phoenix used all three of their picks. There is no way Phoenix gives us back our 2015 pick given that it will probably be a lottery pick. The Lakers have to consider acquiring talent while maintaining a terrible team at least through next year. If we are going to be bad, be bad enough to get a top 5 pick that we will not have to fork over to Phoenix. The year to make moves to be good again is 2016 when the pick will be totally unprotected.

In other words, I would much rather give Phoenix a 16th pick as opposed to a 6th pick.

As for this years draft, Phoenix has picks that could be had. I would not give up my lotter pick for them though. Given the state of the Lakers, we could potentially draft a star with #6 or better as opposed to role players.

See this is why I think Phoenix might consider a deal like this...

The best they can hope for is #6 in the draft - next year.

But it's next years draft... less talent. A #6 pick next is likely the caliber of a #13ish pick in this draft... because you literally have 8 guys in it who would have probably gone #1 last season or at least be picked by #3.

So they have a fear over the Lakers being too bad #5... or a fear that the Lakers push them back to around 13-18 (very plausible if they don't have their pick).

If I was Mitch this should be priority #1 of a rebuild... get 2015 back... and 2-3 picks in this draft... Then your have a lot more freedom this off season. You don't have to force things as the Lakers.

WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject:

I don't criticize the trade for Nash because it seemed great at the time however looking back the Lakers should have recieved better protection for the pick. Heres what Charlotte did for the tyrus Thomas pick

• Charlotte trades a 2012 first round draft pick (top 14 protected in 2012, top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016) to Chicago as part of the Tyrus Thomas trade.

They went from top 14 to 12 to 10 to 8 to unprotected. Setting the bar at top five was kind of low. Dallas had six years of protection for Lamar Odom

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/los-angeles-lakers/2011/12/11/2628120/lamar-odom-trade-dallas-mavericks-protected-draft-pick-los-angeles-lakers
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject:

no I would keep our pick
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

The Suns would not give us 3 picks this year and our first round pick back next year.

But for #6, they might consider giving us 2 picks this year and next years, or maybe the 3 picks this year, but hold on to next years. The Suns had a lot fo rookies this year, so it would seem they would want to cut down on the youth movement a bit.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
The Suns would not give us 3 picks this year and our first round pick back next year.

But for #6, they might consider giving us 2 picks this year and next years, or maybe the 3 picks this year, but hold on to next years. The Suns had a lot fo rookies this year, so it would seem they would want to cut down on the youth movement a bit.

I agree in hindsight and in even a later post... I mention how likely they wouldn't be willing to do 3.

#14 and #17 (I think #27 and #14 with 2015 they'd do) with 2015 would probably be pretty hard for them to part with, though if I were the Lakers... I still would. The west is just so strong right now.

Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject:

The Suns now need some Vets..lets give them Nash back...lol
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject:

Cup-of-noodles wrote:

Lakers got out from under a potentially re-signed Bynum deal in that transaction.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Cup-of-noodles wrote:

Lakers got out from under a potentially re-signed Bynum deal in that transaction.

Yep... in hindsight... actually Melo for Bynum was the big mistake... passing up that option. But the Dwight trade really isn't all that bad.

Ironically the Lakers could have also probably gotten CP3 for Bynum.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Cup-of-noodles wrote:

Yep... in hindsight... actually Melo for Bynum was the big mistake... passing up that option. But the Dwight trade really isn't all that bad.

Ironically the Lakers could have also probably gotten CP3 for Bynum.

Melo for Bynum would have just been so fabulous.

Fisher-Kobe-Melo-Odom-Pau would have been awesome.Yes, defense sucks but you could get some defenders with the MLE/vets min. That would be an offensive juggernaut.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject:

Cup-of-noodles wrote:

Philly is the one that should be laughed at. The only usable asset we traded for Howard is likely to be the 10th - 15th pick in a below average draft.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Cup-of-noodles wrote:

Philly is the one that should be laughed at. The only usable asset we traded for Howard is likely to be the 10th - 15th pick in a below average draft.

The pick is in 2017 isn't it? Too early to tell what the Lakers pick would be then. By then they could have Durant, Westbrook, Love, etc... or someone else.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: