Feeling guilty because you're excited about the playoffs even with no Lakers to root for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:

To be honest, I give a crap about the play offs. I
may scout some of the free agent possibilities for the
Lakers though.

Last edited by deal on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Im a fan of the sport, so i always watch and i will enjoy the hell out of it. I dont care who wins it. If the lakers arent there, then hey, who wins it wins it. Ok ok, eff the clippers. haha
thetruthteller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Man, things are gonna explode in Indiana the way it is going right now. I thought they might get things turned around a little once the playoffs started. But you can't argue that after todays performance. You could see A LOT of changes this off-season.

I could see Stephenson not re-signed, and Hibbert traded...maybe even West to.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Indiana shouldn't have traded away their best shooter and scorer (Granger). Apparently he was an important locker room presence as well. He was George's mentor. Stephenson like Harrison barnes is best used of the bench.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

not excited.

I'll be ready for that draft lottery though.
HighlanderFil
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
I'm excited about one playoff game, the one we will be attached to the lottery on May 20th. I'm not a hater, I'll respect the finals and the NBA but I can't be excited about the playoffs themselves when the Lakers aren't in it.
This.
lackor555
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

I dont see how one can be a true Laker fan when they aren't even a true fan of the sport..
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I guess I must be feeling innocent, because I'm not the least bit excited about a playoffs series when the Lakers aren't playing.

Not only that, but I actually prefer the type of basketball played during the regular season to the overly-physical, often downright dirty basketball that teams are forced to play in order to win in playoffs basketball.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

lackor555 wrote:
I dont see how one can be a true Laker fan when they aren't even a true fan of the sport..

Does the NBA define the entire sport of basketball? So you're saying it's not possible to be a "true Laker fan" unless you're "true fan of the sport".

Some loaded terms there. What do they even mean?

Are you saying I can't be a true Laker fan unless I watch all NBA games or all NBA playoff games...or even some?

That is quite possibly the most idiotic statement in the entire thread.
lackor555
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
lackor555 wrote:

Does the NBA define the entire sport of basketball? So you're saying it's not possible to be a "true Laker fan" unless you're "true fan of the sport".

Some loaded terms there. What do they even mean?

Are you saying I can't be a true Laker fan unless I watch all NBA games or all NBA playoff games...or even some?

That is quite possibly the most idiotic statement in the entire thread.

Watch all the games? Not necessarily, I just don't see how you people just completely wipe off the rest of the NBA season when the Lakers take an early exit.
Plenty of great basketball match ups going on and you just seem to not care at all about it.
If you're not a true fan of the game, you're just one of those typical ignorant homers that aren't really a true fan of your team.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject:

I just want the Clippers, Heat and Rockets eliminated.
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject:

Being a Laker fan, but not caring about the NBA is the equivalent of being a Kobe fan and not giving a crap about the Lakers.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject:

ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
Being a Laker fan, but not caring about the NBA is the equivalent of being a Kobe fan and not giving a crap about the Lakers.

no
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject:

lackor555 wrote:

If you're not a true fan of the game, you're just one of those typical ignorant homers that aren't really a true fan of your team.

What's a true fan of the game? How are you judging that? Put it this way, if you want to watch the NBA playoffs, I am not holding it against you. Watch it. I don't think it makes you a bad fan. But whether you watch or not shouldn't really have much bearing in whether you're a good fan or a bad fan (of the Lakers and of spectator basketball).

But you're turning it around actually. You're saying if I don't watch basketball games where I have zero rooting interest...then I'm a homer and hence a bad fan.

If anyone sounds ignorant, it's you.

Life is about choices and preferences. I prefer the Lakers. I prefer investing my time in watching a basketball game when I have some investment in the outcome. That usually happens when the Lakers are playing. When the Lakers are not playing, I DNGAF, and it would be a waste of my precious time.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject:

ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:

They should put this (bleep) analogy on the SAT.
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
lackor555 wrote:

What's a true fan of the game? How are you judging that? Put it this way, if you want to watch the NBA playoffs, I am holding it against you. Watch it. I don't think it makes you a bad fan.

But you're turning it around actually. You're saying if I don't watch basketball games where I have zero rooting interest...then I'm a homer and hence a bad fan.

If anyone sounds ignorant, it's you.

Life is about choices and preferences. I prefer the Lakers. I prefer investing my time in watching a basketball game when I have some investment in the outcome. That usually happens when the Lakers are playing. When the Lakers are not playing, I DNGAF, and it would be a waste of my precious time.

do you apply the same logic to a Kobe fan that doesn't GAF about the Lakers if Kobe isn't playing?

Can we all agree then that there is no such thing as a true fan? I personally think the idea of who's a "true fan" to be ridiculous.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject:

west wrote:
My two favorite teams:

1. Lakers

2. Whoever is playing the clippers.

Go Warriors!

This right here. It's the only game I can get myself to be slightly interested in. I just wish Bogut was healthy to make even more interesting.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Didn't kemba walker do well in the NCAA tourney back in the day? I'm starting to think he is a good leader. His team did suck before this year but I love what he's doing against Miami so far.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

^I spoke too soon
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm cheering extremely hard for the Blazers and the Warriors in the opening round. The Rockets and the Clippers make me ill.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject:

dwight's missed FTs got the Blazers back in the game. and then his last missed FT left the door open on the next Blazer possession - blazers go up 1. you could say that game was on Dwight! WOOHOO
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
I'm cheering extremely hard for the Blazers and the Warriors in the opening round. The Rockets and the Clippers make me ill.

Then you've had a nice couple of days.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:

thetruthteller wrote:
Man, things are gonna explode in Indiana the way it is going right now. I thought they might get things turned around a little once the playoffs started. But you can't argue that after todays performance. You could see A LOT of changes this off-season.

I could see Paul George traded and Indiana doing a total rebuild, with a new coach. I think a Gasol plus young fillers for Paul George and Lance Stephenson plausible even in the new CBA.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
thetruthteller wrote:

I could see Paul George traded and Indiana doing a total rebuild, with a new coach. I think a Gasol plus young fillers for Paul George and Lance Stephenson plausible even in the new CBA.
sure. Because that's the best they can do for 2 all stars.

Btw, if hibbert and George are a problem, you don't trade George.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
thetruthteller wrote:

a sweetener needs to be added. 2 1st rounds picks and u got a deal
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: