Charles Barkley Disses Shaq
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Charles Barkley Disses Shaq

Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Both guys were right imo. Dwight Coward is an overrated bleep with no post moves. Shaq wouldn't have 3 rings with LA if Kobe wasn't his 1b or 1a running mate

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Pretty stupid diss. If you were to take away a top 2 player from any past championship team, they likely wouldn't have won.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Charles Barkley disses Shaq . . . wow, that's almost as meaningful as Bozo dissing Ronald McDonald.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Shut the hell up Chuck.

!...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject:

What chuck is forgetting that shaq was averaging damn near 30 and 15 during the playoffs. I can never Dwight coward get anywhere near thos number
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject:

STUPID

adjective, stupider, stupidest.
lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.
annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.
in a state of stupor; stupefied: stupid from fatigue.
Charles Barkley
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
What chuck is forgetting that shaq was averaging damn near 30 and 15 during the playoffs. I can never Dwight coward get anywhere near thos number

he got that today
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Chuck was obviously being sarcastic and funny.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Shaq had two straight 40/20s against Sac one of those years. I've begun to believe recently that Shaq has crossed that invisible threshold where his prime will slowly become more blurry as the years go on. I doubt if there's any superstar who's completely immune to that effect - maybe MJ if anyone. Even that it could happen to Shaq O'Neal is a trip. Well, I guess the thing that's even harder to believe is that 2000 is apparently a long time ago for some, because that period were Shaq's T-Rex years. A lot of us HERE would be surprised looking back at what he was in his prime. Some amazing stuff for a guy that big. Dwight Howard would piss his pants against prime Shaq, that much I do know. Utterly helpless on the low block.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Shaq had two straight 40/20s against Sac one of those years. I've begun to believe recently that Shaq has crossed that invisible threshold where his prime will slowly become more blurry as the years go on. I doubt if there's any superstar who's completely immune to that effect - maybe MJ if anyone. Even that it could happen to Shaq O'Neal is a trip. Well, I guess the thing that's even harder to believe is that 2000 is apparently a long time ago for some, because that period were Shaq's T-Rex years. A lot of us HERE would be surprised looking back at what he was in his prime. Some amazing stuff for a guy that big. Dwight Howard would piss his pants against prime Shaq, that much I do know. Utterly helpless on the low block.

Shaq was the most unguardable player I've ever seen. The only person that could stop him was himself.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

If you saw the early part of that halftime show, Chuck called Shaquille one of the greatest players ever.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Shaq was the most unguardable player I've ever seen. The only person that could stop him was himself.

Absolutely... could you imagine if Shaq would have figured out the free throw line. He'd have been the goat.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mamba512
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

lakerforever24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

he got that today

Getting that today and averaging that are two different animals, though. The chances of Dwight averaging 30/15 is slim.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject:

Its to bad he did not take care of himself because he obviously would have had a longer career. I really can not think of anybody who dominated like Shaq. The only downside was that his window was shorter than most other mega stars.
NastyNas_87
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

he was not dissing Shaq. he was actually trying to tell Shaq that Dwight can't be as great as he was. that he shouldn't expected Dwight to do what he did in averaging 30/15.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

Whatever... as long as we win championships, I don't really care how they come.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Heck, there are people around here who think that players who played before 2005 had no athleticism compared to the "modern athlete" of today!!!
kermitwashington
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

I love how shaq didn't respond and laughed it off. That is a true boss. Also, when you start crediting Rick fox with the victories you know he is joking. Rick was great, but if he said someone like Horry, it would still be laughable, but understandable.

What was shaq's point about and points a quarter? I cannot find a full clip anywhere. Thanks.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

Chuck was joking, basketball is a team sport where you still need the best player generally, and I think the rule changes with zone defense are mostly responsible for Shaq not having more championships.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

As good as Shaq was, he still underachieved to me. If he would have stay in shape he could of won more championships. Comparing Shaq to Howard is laughable. Shaq make Dwight look like a little boy.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
As good as Shaq was, he still underachieved to me. If he would have stay in shape he could of won more championships. Comparing Shaq to Howard is laughable. Shaq make Dwight look like a little boy.

Shaq would have made Dwight Howard look like Dale Davis.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Shaq did underachieve, but he wasn't overrated. If Shaq is overrated what does that make 90% of the league? I think Shaq keeps bringing up the numbers about Dwight, because Dwight always talks about winning and deflects blame. Shaq backed up what he would say, and Dwight does not. Charles was just saying that you can't expect Dwight to be Shaq. That's why the great players don't/wouldn't make good coaches. Most of them would get frustrated because they don't know why lesser talented players can't be as good as they were.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
defense wrote:

Shaq would have made Dwight Howard look like Dale Davis.

Yeah, and thinkg about that because Dale Davis was one yoked up dude. Shaq demolished him time and time again.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject:

Mamba512 wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

he got that today

Getting that today and averaging that are two different animals, though. The chances of Dwight averaging 30/15 is slim.

It goes beyond numbers. Two players can put up 30/15 in one game but their impact would be far different. A 30/15 from Al Jefferson, for example, is not the same as 30/15 from Duncan. Same holds true for Dwight and Shaq. Shaq dominated opponents. The Blazers were barely ever even double teaming Dwight. I'm not sure why so many fans compare Dwight to Shaq. Dwight is an athletic but undersized center; Shaq eclipsed the sun. Two different worlds.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: