Sterling caught telling is GF not to bring black people to the games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:
Sterling and this girl are nuts...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/v-stiviano-barbara-walters-donald-700982

she looked hotter on instagram....
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I can't presume that damage is the reason. They didn't say that. They said it was because what he said was offensive and hurtful. That's my point of precedence.

The rule they are using to justify the ban is the one that cites actions that are damaging to the league. Silver described the words and attitude in the fashion you describe, but that's not the sole reason for the ban.

The bolded part is precisely my point.

The precedence was set when they stated that the sole reason (because they don't mention any other) they punished him the way they did was because there is no place for intolerant views (that are offensive and hurtful) in the league BUT was also set when they did NOT state that it was intolerant views that cause damage to the league.

Why is this little distinction important for the league? Because that would mean intolerant views and offensive and hurtful comments are irrelevant here then. That would mean, Sterling was not punished for being racist or saying racist things at all. And that is contradictory to what the league said was the reason "...his views have no place in the NBA..." Because to your point, you CAN be racist, you CAN say offensive and hurtful things, you CAN have intolerant views and they DO have a place in the NBA ... as long as they don't result in damage.

Quote:
If the reason they banned him, is because he did an activity that reflected poorly on the league and damages the product, then let me ask you this.

If Peter Holt (owner of the Spurs), was caught in a video like this, and as a result, lost sponsors, would you push for a lifetime ban? Because if the mechanism is activity resulting in damage to business, then they would have to, right?

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/toronto-mayor-rob-ford-astonishing-new-video-leaked/

I would suspect that any owner who creates a firestorm that results in the almost instant exodus of a dozen sponsors is likely to be punished in similar fashion.

And what does Rob Ford have to do with the NBA?[/quote]

That may be the case, but I was asking you ... if an owner/executive/player did nothing but engage in let's call it socially deviant behavior (akin to what Rob Ford did) and that caused his team to lose sponsors would YOU stand up and say, ban this guy for life?

Let's go even further. What if an owner publicly announced he is gay which creates a firestorm and as a result, loses some sponsors who don't accept homosexuality or want to be associated with it. Then what?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Oh my god. There's a difference between random thoughts and opinions and 200+ YEARS OF OLD SCHOOL UGLY RACIST DOGMA infecting generations of lives. It's times like these I wish we still the rolling eyes emoticon.

Racial attitudes of some posters are surfacing. Some eye opening, some I always suspected.

Yup. Disagreement about procedure means that people must be racist.

If the shoe fits......

Sorry jodeke, the "shoe" doesn't fit. Reflexx is correct. Disagreeing with procedure in no way correlates to racism. While Reflexx may be way too committed to the "procedure" to the point that he isn't really understanding the context he's trying to apply it to, he's said nothing that warrants your reply that labels him a racist.

Attempting to argue Sterling's defense against being banned doesn't equate to racism. It just indicates a misunderstanding of the stakes that are at hand.

actually you have to wonder, how would one MISUNDERSTAND the stakes at hand?

for the most part no one would. unless...they pretended to.

and thats the part that most people are afraid to talk about. because if you do. then you will out a lot of people as potential white supremacist. and as scary as those words are. we're not talking about swastika jacket wearing crazees, we're not talking about rednecks in the backwoods dragging people of color with their trucks. and thats where most white people try to take it when that title is brought up for them. NO, learn the definition of white supremacy. i posted on LG before. this is why throwing the word racism around isnt accurate in most cases.

what sterling did and has been doing is committing white supremacy. its not just the THOUGHT of thinking you're better then others. its when you actually stop people from getting a place to stay based on that opinion. its when you're in a position of power/majority when you can actually use said power and numbers to harm people's lives(how much money they make, where they live, healthcare in their neighborhoods, quality of food in their areas, just living standards in general, etc, etc) and those are just a few things. its not all about just name calling ( "i dont like ..n-words"). thats fine. i dont like a lot of people either. that doesnt mean i will not give them a place to stay. I'm not down with homosexual marriage. but let me own some apartments. i will not be denying so called homosexuals from renting from me for the same price as their heterosexual neighbors.

some things fall under bigotry. while others fall under WHITE SUPREMACY. thats what the discussion needs to be about. What sterling said about those black jews in israel is true. they are treated as LESSER jews. shoot blacks in israel period have always been treated as lesser. generally speaking.

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/01/israels-disgustingly-racist-behavior-towards-ethiopian-jews/
^^now you can skip pass the palestinian stuff if you believe that to be propaganda. the rest is not

Quote:
Growing up in Israel, Shay Sium became accustomed to being called a “n-word”.
Sium, 32, has lived in Israel most of his life, but says he and other Ethiopian Jews are treated differently from other Israelis: factories do not want to employ them; landlords refuse them; and certain schools turn away their children.
“The word discrimination doesn’t describe what we experience. There is another word for it: racism. It is a shame that we still have to use this word today,” he told IRIN.

the bold red print sound familiar? what was sterling doing to people of color here? doing exactly what he was telling his side chick THEY do in Israel. sorry folks. Sterling was ratting out his own people. Whites, and White jews to be more specific. now we know ALL whites, nor ALL white jews do not act like this. so please lets not even go there. but lets understand. ENOUGH of them do.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

PnP, you do understand that Isrealis are not white, right? I mean, there are white Isrealis, but most Isrealis are semetic.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Oh my god. There's a difference between random thoughts and opinions and 200+ YEARS OF OLD SCHOOL UGLY RACIST DOGMA infecting generations of lives. It's times like these I wish we still the rolling eyes emoticon.

Racial attitudes of some posters are surfacing. Some eye opening, some I always suspected.

Yup. Disagreement about procedure means that people must be racist.

If the shoe fits......

Sorry jodeke, the "shoe" doesn't fit. Reflexx is correct. Disagreeing with procedure in no way correlates to racism. While Reflexx may be way too committed to the "procedure" to the point that he isn't really understanding the context he's trying to apply it to, he's said nothing that warrants your reply that labels him a racist.

Attempting to argue Sterling's defense against being banned doesn't equate to racism. It just indicates a misunderstanding of the stakes that are at hand.

actually you have to wonder, how would one MISUNDERSTAND the stakes at hand?

for the most part no one would. unless...they pretended to.

I'd like to address this point.

In a sense you're right. Mainly because I feel that people here who are worried about a bad precedence being set DO understand the stakes at hand.

I understand that stakes at hand.

The problem here is that people misunderstand each others' arguments.

Nobody here is arguing in "support" of Sterling. Instead, we worry that a situation that is not covered under the NBA constitution may be dealt with as if it was... which creates a bad precedent because if it becomes accepted practice then it gives the NBA governing body absolute power.

We all know that power corrupts, and that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There is a long history of governments and businesses that were given power with good intentions; but that very same power ends up being used for bad purposes later.

Quote:

and thats the part that most people are afraid to talk about. because if you do. then you will out a lot of people as potential white supremacist. and as scary as those words are. we're not talking about swastika jacket wearing crazees, we're not talking about rednecks in the backwoods dragging people of color with their trucks. and thats where most white people try to take it when that title is brought up for them. NO, learn the definition of white supremacy. i posted on LG before. this is why throwing the word racism around isnt accurate in most cases.

what sterling did and has been doing is committing white supremacy. its not just the THOUGHT of thinking you're better then others. its when you actually stop people from getting a place to stay based on that opinion. its when you're in a position of power/majority when you can actually use said power and numbers to harm people's lives(how much money they make, where they live, healthcare in their neighborhoods, quality of food in their areas, just living standards in general, etc, etc) and those are just a few things. its not all about just name calling ( "i dont like ..n-words"). thats fine. i dont like a lot of people either. that doesnt mean i will not give them a place to stay. I'm not down with homosexual marriage. but let me own some apartments. i will not be denying so called homosexuals from renting from me for the same price as their heterosexual neighbors.

some things fall under bigotry. while others fall under WHITE SUPREMACY. thats what the discussion needs to be about. What sterling said about those black jews in israel is true. they are treated as LESSER jews. shoot blacks in israel period have always been treated as lesser. generally speaking.

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/01/israels-disgustingly-racist-behavior-towards-ethiopian-jews/
^^now you can skip pass the palestinian stuff if you believe that to be propaganda. the rest is not

Quote:
Growing up in Israel, Shay Sium became accustomed to being called a “n-word”.
Sium, 32, has lived in Israel most of his life, but says he and other Ethiopian Jews are treated differently from other Israelis: factories do not want to employ them; landlords refuse them; and certain schools turn away their children.
“The word discrimination doesn’t describe what we experience. There is another word for it: racism. It is a shame that we still have to use this word today,” he told IRIN.

the bold red print sound familiar? what was sterling doing to people of color here? doing exactly what he was telling his side chick THEY do in Israel. sorry folks. Sterling was ratting out his own people. Whites, and White jews to be more specific. now we know ALL whites, nor ALL white jews do not act like this. so please lets not even go there. but lets understand. ENOUGH of them do.

I'm not sure what this part was about because I'm not sure if you'll really get any disagreement from anyone here in what you stated. Well, except that the conversation you quoted from was mainly dealing with the procedural aspects of how the NBA should react... which is a different subject than what you're speaking about here, which is that Sterling is a white supremacist.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Never a wrong time to make a buck....
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-begin-selling-one-shirts-231805853--nba.html
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Never a wrong time to make a buck....
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-begin-selling-one-shirts-231805853--nba.html

This just raises my suspicions about the whole thing being set in motion.

I mean it wasn't like Sterling suddenly became a racist (bleep). He was always one now its a problem?

Pfft
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Interesting

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/04/j-j-redick-says-deal-to-bring-him-to-clippers-almost-fell-apart-because-of-donald-sterlings-racism/

Quote:
J.J. Redick says deal to bring him to Clippers almost fell apart because of Donald Sterling’s racism

J.J. Redick came to the Clippers last summer as part of the three-team deal that included the Bucks and the Suns, but he was a free agent, so L.A. would need to agree to a sign-and-trade that would lock Redick up for the next several seasons.

It was a good deal for everyone involved, as the Clippers wouldn’t be able to afford Eric Bledsoe the following year when he became a restricted free agent, and Redick would help the contending Clips immediately should he be able to continue his sharp-shooting ways.

Apparently, though, the team’s now disgraced owner Donald Sterling almost let the deal fall apart due to his temporary unwillingness to hand out a long-term contract to Redick, perhaps due solely to the color of his skin.

From Sam Amick of USA Today:

Sterling, the man whose racist comments sparked this whole furor, was believed to have had concerns about paying a white player that kind of money. He had once given white center Chris Kaman a five-year, $52 million deal, and how that contract panned out (or didn’t, as Kaman played 195 games in the next four years of that deal and was traded to New Orleans with a year and a half left) appeared to be coloring Sterling’s judgment on this deal. In a way, it was a mirror-image of the issue that would be front and center 10 months later.

“I’ve been told both ways: one, that he didn’t want to pay me because I was white, and that he didn’t want to pay me because I was a bench player,” Redick said. “I didn’t know (the deal almost fell apart) until after the fact. I just got a weird phone call from Doc on July 4, and I got off the phone and said to my wife, ‘Something’s going on.’ He’s like, ‘You better play for me (expletive).’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, that’s the plan. We figured this out two days ago, right?’

“And then he just rambled a bit. … but he never really got into the nuts and bolts of what was happening. And then I got a call about 48 hours later from my agent, and he said, ‘We wanted to keep you out of it, but here’s what happened.’”

Now that Sterling is gone, we can expect more and more stories like this to come to the surface. There’s a long history of this behavior, most of it having been buried due to his position of power within the organization.

That’s no longer the case, and Redick deserves a fair amount of credit here for being forthcoming about how Sterling’s racism almost affected him in a major way, and all because he happens to be a basketball player who’s white.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Interesting

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/04/j-j-redick-says-deal-to-bring-him-to-clippers-almost-fell-apart-because-of-donald-sterlings-racism/

Quote:
J.J. Redick says deal to bring him to Clippers almost fell apart because of Donald Sterling’s racism

J.J. Redick came to the Clippers last summer as part of the three-team deal that included the Bucks and the Suns, but he was a free agent, so L.A. would need to agree to a sign-and-trade that would lock Redick up for the next several seasons.

It was a good deal for everyone involved, as the Clippers wouldn’t be able to afford Eric Bledsoe the following year when he became a restricted free agent, and Redick would help the contending Clips immediately should he be able to continue his sharp-shooting ways.

Apparently, though, the team’s now disgraced owner Donald Sterling almost let the deal fall apart due to his temporary unwillingness to hand out a long-term contract to Redick, perhaps due solely to the color of his skin.

Sterling, the man whose racist comments sparked this whole furor, was believed to have had concerns about paying a white player that kind of money. He had once given white center Chris Kaman a five-year, $52 million deal, and how that contract panned out (or didn’t, as Kaman played 195 games in the next four years of that deal and was traded to New Orleans with a year and a half left) appeared to be coloring Sterling’s judgment on this deal. In a way, it was a mirror-image of the issue that would be front and center 10 months later.

“I’ve been told both ways: one, that he didn’t want to pay me because I was white, and that he didn’t want to pay me because I was a bench player,” Redick said. “I didn’t know (the deal almost fell apart) until after the fact. I just got a weird phone call from Doc on July 4, and I got off the phone and said to my wife, ‘Something’s going on.’ He’s like, ‘You better play for me (expletive).’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, that’s the plan. We figured this out two days ago, right?’

“And then he just rambled a bit. … but he never really got into the nuts and bolts of what was happening. And then I got a call about 48 hours later from my agent, and he said, ‘We wanted to keep you out of it, but here’s what happened.’”

Now that Sterling is gone, we can expect more and more stories like this to come to the surface. There’s a long history of this behavior, most of it having been buried due to his position of power within the organization.

That’s no longer the case, and Redick deserves a fair amount of credit here for being forthcoming about how Sterling’s racism almost affected him in a major way, and all because he happens to be a basketball player who’s white.

The Donald is just a cheap bastard, he is equally miserly to everyone. Which is why the Clippers have stunk for most of their entire history.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Interesting

Quote:

blah blah blah, so why is he a Clipper now? i hate these comments after the fact. Sterling was a known racist way before the recording leaked, these players and coach (Doc River) all came out with this kind of statements to gain public sympathy out of this ordeal, little they know they could've made a stronger statement by not playing that game 4, but no one had the balls to do that, not Doc, not the players, not the players association.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject:

White players being discriminated against? Non story.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
White players being discriminated against? Non story.

Here we go again.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject:

I guess Sterling is an equal opportunity hater then.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

blah blah blah, so why is he a Clipper now? i hate these comments after the fact. Sterling was a known racist way before the recording leaked, these players and coach (Doc River) all came out with this kind of statements to gain public sympathy out of this ordeal, little they know they could've made a stronger statement by not playing that game 4, but no one had the balls to do that, not Doc, not the players, not the players association.

THIS
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I’ve been a friend of that guy’s for 30 years. It doesn’t surprise me that he said those things. That doesn’t surprise me. And he shouldn’t have said it. He just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things that he shouldn’t be doing.

Quote:
And I don’t wish that girl any bad luck but I hope she gets hit with a car

Tommy Lasorda
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:
Quote:
I’ve been a friend of that guy’s for 30 years. It doesn’t surprise me that he said those things. That doesn’t surprise me. And he shouldn’t have said it. He just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things that he shouldn’t be doing.

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda
like i said before. we better be glad Doc Buss wasnt still alive during this craziness. no telling what would've been said. cause sterling was his boy too.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda
like i said before. we better be glad Doc Buss wasnt still alive during this craziness. no telling what would've been said. cause sterling was his boy too.

Or that Tommy Lasorda knows an opportunist when he sees one. Problem was Sterling thought his money could keep people in his circle silent like they did in his past trials. Mrs. V has a known criminal record as the media has been digging in her past deeper and deeper now. At the end of the day, when all the facts come out, nobody is going to look good in this story. Sterling, his associates, Mrs V and her friends, etc...Even the NBA might get their skeletons dug out if they keep dragging this further along, as we know that the Donald doesn't play fair.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda

Or that Tommy Lasorda knows an opportunist when he sees one. Problem was Sterling thought his money could keep people in his circle silent like they did in his past trials. Mrs. V has a known criminal record as the media has been digging in her past deeper and deeper now. At the end of the day, when all the facts come out, nobody is going to look good in this story. Sterling, his associates, Mrs V and her friends, etc...Even the NBA might get their skeletons dug out if they keep dragging this further along, as we know that the Donald doesn't play fair.
i would agree with whatever her name is today... lol. is an opportunist of the worse kind. BUT, with that said... she isnt the one suing herself. why is no one getting mad at sterling's crazy wife? i mean think about it. if your husband has fling(S). not fling. FLINGS on you and you dont budge. you dont really care. you too are an opportunist are you not? they no longer have young children. so why are they still together? its not like he changed his ways. you're husband is a racist adulterer and has been the entire time you two have been together. yet you stick around. why? "gotta get that paper" thats why. so there's not much difference between her and this other girl in my humble opinion. but Tommy wont call his wife out. his wife sued that girl. and that girl responded with this. no suit, no response. so who's fault is it really? that wife is just mad that girl is more or less taking some of what will be hers when sterling passes on. sterling is worth a lot of money. did the wife really need to try and get a million and change back from this side piece? NO. so again. WHO"S fault is it that this is out TOMMY L? MRS STERLING. thats who.

but he wont blame her. cause sterling is his boy. his homeboy that he has know is a racist.
tommy said
Quote:
"I've been a friend of that guy's for 30 years. It doesn't surprise me that he said those things. And he shouldn't have said it. He just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things he shouldn't be doing."

so basically if you keep quiet and no one but us knows you're racist. or as long as the world doesnt know. you're okay with me Donald.

again giving your boy a pass to be a racist white supremacist is a horrible thing. even if you yourself is not a quote un quote racist white supremacist.

you know your friend is a mass murderer. but hey, as long as he doesnt murder you. you're cool with him.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda

i would agree with whatever her name is today... lol. is an opportunist of the worse kind. BUT, with that said... she isnt the one suing herself. why is no one getting mad at sterling's crazy wife? i mean think about it. if your husband has fling(S). not fling. FLINGS on you and you dont budge. you dont really care. you too are an opportunist are you not? they no longer have young children. so why are they still together? its not like he changed his ways. you're husband is a racist adulterer and has been the entire time you two have been together. yet you stick around. why? "gotta get that paper" thats why. so there's not much difference between her and this other girl in my humble opinion. but Tommy wont call his wife out. his wife sued that girl. and that girl responded with this. no suit, no response. so who's fault is it really? that wife is just mad that girl is more or less taking some of what will be hers when sterling passes on. sterling is worth a lot of money. did the wife really need to try and get a million and change back from this side piece? NO. so again. WHO"S fault is it that this is out TOMMY L? MRS STERLING. thats who.

but he wont blame her. cause sterling is his boy. his homeboy that he has know is a racist.
tommy said
Quote:
"I've been a friend of that guy's for 30 years. It doesn't surprise me that he said those things. And he shouldn't have said it. He just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things he shouldn't be doing."

so basically if you keep quiet and no one but us knows you're racist. or as long as the world doesnt know. you're okay with me Donald.

again giving your boy a pass to be a racist white supremacist is a horrible thing. even if you yourself is not a quote un quote racist white supremacist.

you know your friend is a mass murderer. but hey, as long as he doesnt murder you. you're cool with him.

I love how you accuse Tommy Lasorda and Jerry Buss of knowingly associating with Donald T. Sterling, so they must have been racists or ok with racism. For all we know they were all in the same LA sports circle and he kept those deep racist feelings between himself, his wife and the people that were intimate with him. The Donald also keep associations with the local NAACP chapter as well so I guess they were ok with his racism and his $$$$$$$$$$. Unless you were there in the personal conversations between him and his friends and personal circle you will never know how deep seated or public he made those feelings. All we know is that discriminated against African Americans and Latinos in his housing complexes and yet the NAACP still accepted his money and not only gave him one lifetime achievement award, but were on the verge of giving him another. He also had many former players of his that didn't speak up against it, so were they accomplices as well? Basically, using your excellent reasoning abilities anybody that ever got close to Donald T. Sterling was ok with their actions. Do you know how wrong that type of reasoning is? If we were to use that type of reasoning ability in real life, you can make tons of false assumptions about people.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda

tommy said
Quote:

I love how you accuse Tommy Lasorda and Jerry Buss of knowingly associating with Donald T. Sterling, so they must have been racists or ok with racism. For all we know they were all in the same LA sports circle and he kept those deep racist feelings between himself, his wife and the people that were intimate with him........

wait wait wait i cant hear a thing you have just said. i just posted Tommy Quotes.

tommy said
Quote:

what part of that quote dont you get?

you see what i'm talking about people. you see this. you have evidence dead in your face and you're stillllll trying to find away to act like it isnt true.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda

tommy said
Quote:

I love how you accuse Tommy Lasorda and Jerry Buss of knowingly associating with Donald T. Sterling, so they must have been racists or ok with racism. For all we know they were all in the same LA sports circle and he kept those deep racist feelings between himself, his wife and the people that were intimate with him........

wait wait wait i cant hear a thing you have just said. i just posted Tommy Quotes.

tommy said
Quote:

you see what i'm talking about people. you see this. you have evidence dead in your face and you're stillllll trying to find away to act like it isnt true.

I read his quotes, and I don't see how that makes Tommy a racist or being ok with racism. But, according to your way of thinking that makes him guilty by association. If that were the case, then there are plenty of members of the black community that said nothing and even rewarded the Donald with accolades because they were blinded with the huge checks the Donald was giving to them. By of course you happily ignored those bread crumbs. Using your type of reasoning that means because we might know somebody who might be racist or have racist views, we are racist ourselves because we might have associated with those people in our lifetime. That is a very dangerous way of thinking.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda

tommy said
Quote:

tommy said
Quote:

I read his quotes, and I don't see how that makes Tommy a racist or being ok with racism. But, according to your way of thinking that makes him guilty by association....
i never said my guy tommy was a racist. first off you have to realize i'm GLAD doc buss wasnt alive for this myself. cause i dont know what he would've said and how i would've reacted to what he would have said. old men say a lot of crazy stuff. you just heard tommy. another one of MY guys. one of my favorite people in sports. but i cant act like the man didnt just say what he said. he's telling you I know this man. i've know this man for 30 years. of course i know this dude is a racist.

now with that knowledge tommy could have done 1 of 4 things.

1. left the friendship long ago. or at least told sterling you have to shape up or i'm outta here buddy. i love you but i cant condone that behavior.

2.well donald you're a racist. i'm not, so as long as you dont say anything crazy where the public will catch wind we're all good.

3.well donald, you're a racist and guess what? me too. now i'm not as crazy as you. so i wont be around talking reckless about people of other groups. but i agree with your thought process.

4.well donald, you're a racist and guess what? i dont condone it. you're my brother. you're a good guy at heart aside from this one serious flaw. this is the way you were raised. so i will do everything in my power to help you out of these racist ways of thinking.. cause i'm not a racist and i dont want to be around racist people like its ok to be a racist.

now what do we know about tommy and donald's relationship? they have been boys for 30 years+.

tommy was not shocked by donald's statements... inferring he knew his buddy was a racist.

So which one of those above people is tommy L.? from what i can see. he's #2. i say this because how he reacted and what he said out of his own mouth. anytime your boy gets caught doing what you know he normally does. and you go off on the side chick and then say and i quote "He just hurt himself by talking too much ..."

and lets remember we are not jumping on sterling just for the phone convo. that was the straw that broke the camels back. the big thing was that housing situation and what Elgin put in that law suit. the things he said there. thats some real life new era white supremacy stuff. thats not just "i dont like N words" ... no no no. thats bigger then that. sterling was using his power against people of color. or doing certain things to them based on color. even in the event he gave them something.

like i've always said about Paula dean. i think she did good by some black folks. i really do. but in the same breath i think she did bad by those same black folks. because of the reasons she did right by them.

see its one thing to give a little black kid some money because he deserves it since he's a great ball player or great at something.

its white supremacy even when giving when you tell someone that you're about to give a million dollar contract to(but are low balling them based on their actual talent). "hey that should be enough for a black boy like yourself." Who are you to tell someone whats enough based on the color of their skin and what situation they come from? thats not how salaries are supposed to work. you're supposed to compensate people based on the job they have done or about to do for you. thats it and thats all. but thats a white person trying to make darn sure you know hey buddy I'm above you and you will remain beneath me.

oh and dont try to take this convo off of white supremacy. because thats what it is. dont try to bring up the silly naacp. who hired a fool who was disbarred
Quote:
After moving to California in 1990, Jenkins’ practice involved mostly police brutality, personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice cases. He devoted between 20 to 30 percent of his practice to pro bono work, chaired the NAACP legal redress committee and served on the executive board of another nonprofit, according to the State Bar of California.
Still, in 1994, the Michigan Supreme Court disbarred him, finding “overwhelming evidence” that he “sold his office and his public trust,” according to the bar records. The Michigan Supreme Court made the ban retroactive to 1991.
Jenkins was practicing law in California that year, serving as an attorney for the family of Latasha Harlins, an African-American teenager who was fatally shot by a Korean grocery store owner in South Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Times reported.
As of now, and per the NAACP’s Bylaws, a nominating committee at the NAACP’s Los Angeles chapter will go about the task of nominating a branch member who is in “good standing” and “who must live and/or work within the branch’s jurisdiction.”

i mean shame on those idiots for taking $$$ over doing things the right way. but look who was running the ship. aka money bags. thats what he was known for doing in michigan. so of course he did it here. now he's out. so hopefully naacp learned a valuable lesson.

so now, back to the scheduled programming.. White supremacy and those who befriend people who exhibit this behavior without trying to rehab these so called good friends of theirs.

there's only one reason you hang out with a bad person if you're fully grown. and thats if you can help them become a good person. if not, if you're not the man or woman for the job. you do not need to be in their presence. otherwise you will get the side eye when people find out who you've been hanging with like everything was all peaches and cream
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda

tommy said
Quote:

tommy said
Quote:

I read his quotes, and I don't see how that makes Tommy a racist or being ok with racism. But, according to your way of thinking that makes him guilty by association....
i never said my guy tommy was a racist. first off you have to realize i'm GLAD doc buss wasnt alive for this myself. cause i dont know what he would've said and how i would've reacted to what he would have said. old men say a lot of crazy stuff. you just heard tommy. another one of MY guys. one of my favorite people in sports. but i cant act like the man didnt just say what he said. he's telling you I know this man. i've know this man for 30 years. of course i know this dude is a racist.

now with that knowledge tommy could have done 1 of 4 things.

1. left the friendship long ago. or at least told sterling you have to shape up or i'm outta here buddy. i love you but i cant condone that behavior.

2.well donald you're a racist. i'm not, so as long as you dont say anything crazy where the public will catch wind we're all good.

3.well donald, you're a racist and guess what? me too. now i'm not as crazy as you. so i wont be around talking reckless about people of other groups. but i agree with your thought process.

4.well donald, you're a racist and guess what? i dont condone it. you're my brother. you're a good guy at heart aside from this one serious flaw. this is the way you were raised. so i will do everything in my power to help you out of these racist ways of thinking.. cause i'm not a racist and i dont want to be around racist people like its ok to be a racist.

now what do we know about tommy and donald's relationship? they have been boys for 30 years+.

tommy was not shocked by donald's statements... inferring he knew his buddy was a racist.

So which one of those above people is tommy L.? from what i can see. he's #2. i say this because how he reacted and what he said out of his own mouth. anytime your boy gets caught doing what you know he normally does. and you go off on the side chick and then say and i quote "He just hurt himself by talking too much ..."

and lets remember we are not jumping on sterling just for the phone convo. that was the straw that broke the camels back. the big thing was that housing situation and what Elgin put in that law suit. the things he said there. thats some real life new era white supremacy stuff. thats not just "i dont like N words" ... no no no. thats bigger then that. sterling was using his power against people of color. or doing certain things to them based on color. even in the event he gave them something.

like i've always said about Paula dean. i think she did good by some black folks. i really do. but in the same breath i think she did bad by those same black folks. because of the reasons she did right by them.

see its one thing to give a little black kid some money because he deserves it since he's a great ball player or great at something.

its white supremacy even when giving when you tell someone that you're about to give a million dollar contract to(but are low balling them based on their actual talent). "hey that should be enough for a black boy like yourself." Who are you to tell someone whats enough based on the color of their skin and what situation they come from? thats not how salaries are supposed to work. you're supposed to compensate people based on the job they have done or about to do for you. thats it and thats all. but thats a white person trying to make darn sure you know hey buddy I'm above you and you will remain beneath me.

Heres the thing...we know about Sterling's biases because its all been documented. It is no secret. It only became a big deal because the media caught him with his pants down as they say with this recording. If you ask all the guys who worked with Sterling in the past as a player, it is well documented. One of the media outlets interviewed Marques Johnson and Norm Nixon, guys whom the Donald employed as Clippers players talked about his issues. You had African Americans who continued to work with the Donald despite his issues with housing. That to mean is much much worse than any of the tapes that came out because he affected the lively hoods of the working people and poor. People of all backgrounds, suddenly distanced themselves from him because of the intense media coverage this got. If the tape had never gone public, how many people would've done business with him as if nothing had happened? A lot I bet as we have seen after his housing discrimination lawsuit was settled a couple of years back.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LINK

Sterling will not go quietly into that good night.

He's started a PR program that's so transparent it's laughable. LINK

His wife is also is engaged in keeping the Clippers in the family. LINK

The Clippers are playing OKC, they don't need this.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Jeez this is such a clusterf***. Feel for the Clippers players. But then again I guess they should've knew who they were signing up to play for..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44
Jump to: